• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy To Reset the World (Accepting Again)

Freyu Valentine

The One Who Wanders
~Please submit a character in character sign ups and view the overview for information will start posting when everything is set up~

Last edited by a moderator:
The story begins within the capital city of the Kingdom of Seoga aptly named Seoga. The sun was bright as the many inhabitants began to go about their day, the city was bustling and traders were shouting out their wares as the many visitors and residents bought items they needed.

The King of this Kingdom was King Vincent whose riches seemed to be nearly endless even as he spent wildly on extravagant things. His kingdom being focused on trade and wealth easily earned him these things. The population of the city and the kingdom seemed happy on the surface.

Within a certain section of the market, Lana Valentine watched a scene with her stomach twisting into knots of disgust. A simple looking slaver was selling off members of various races and she merely closed her eyes in a vain attempt to ignore it while searching for a suitable target. Slavery was legal not only within this kingdom but, all of the six kingdoms that made up their known world.

Lana moved slowly and methodically through the crowd, her hood up upon her head and her eyes glancing around for some fat and distracted noble to quietly snag his or hers pouch for herself. A thief she was and a thief she would be, though a part of her deep down believed in other options other ways to work, she continued her life in the normal flow as it had always been for now.

(( Just mixed my intro and the introduction together hope thats all right))

Arweldyn was patroulling around the area of the marcet place. She was not unsuspicious in her bright armor, her spear showing the duty and life of a holy knight. She saw a suspicious woman, hodded and seeming up to no good. Therefore she quickly catched up to her and tapped her shoulder.

"Excuse me, Miss, but can i see your papers and such really quick?", she said. If that woman was a thief, she would either attack or run. Running could really help, if Arweldyn would have forgotten to have her alert beacon with her.

@Lana Valentine

Mark had arrived in Seoga with a carriage. He came to trade out a few items and goods with the people in order to gain money. This was for saving up money for the future, since the world itself is turning into a 'Buy or leave' place. The carriage had stopped and they had started unloading the things they were carrying, he already set-up an appointment and was already given permission to trade goods. He steps out of the vehicle, his interest was caught by the crowd in the distance, he disregards that and helps out with unloading the items.

pD5Xz9i.jpg

Keline Whisper, a young woman who was a Healer, was walking around the busy market in Seoga. She was looking for some specific herbs at the market which she could use to treat high fevers. Just then, she caught the sight of an interesting scene. One of the holy guards had approached a young girl- or maybe not that young, she could be elfish from her features. Keline could tell from her clothes that the girl was almost certainly one of the city’s common street thieves. Keline sighed. She was not fond of thieves because of their violent tendencies…though she felt some sympathy for the girl. It was a hard life out here, and you had to survive.

Keline moved on and continued to look for her herbs.

Lana looks up at the knight coughing once before reaching into her pouch and taking a set of forged papers and giving it to the knight. "Is this what your looking for?" She said her eyes slowly scanning the knight's equipment for a few seconds.

Lana's gaze went to the rest of the market, her eyes shifting to particular members within it while she shifted her stance very slightly to run in case her forgery failed. She clicked her tongue watching a Carriage become unloaded, deciding that it could be a plausible route out. Her eyes shifted to the healer, though she deplored the idea of kidnapping or using another to escape. Due to her humanity she almost preferred that option of escape.

Arweldyn skimmed through the papers. She had her spear rested in the left hand, as she held the papers in the right. The shield was placed on her left wrist. The armor was heavy, she could not really run.

"Alright, those seem to be ok, but know that i keep an eye on... Wait a moment.", she said as she realized something under the hood. "Your an elf. You know elves are not allowed to be here. Follow me.", she dryly said. She would not imprision the elf, she hated the race prejudice. But she could not help her now. Too many witnesses.

@Lana Valentine

(best is to tag who you interact with by an @ and the name.)

Lana scowled slightly turning her head towards the market. "I have papers damn it," She mumbled stuffing her hands into her cloak before looking at the knight closely. "Look can't we just let this slide, I mean I haven't done anything wrong," Yet, her conscious reminded her.

She turned to look back towards the market wondering if anyone would come to a poor thieves aid but, hung her head slightly realizing now that she was branded an elf would have hard luck for most of them to care.

Arweldyn shook her head. "Follow me please or I will have to use force.", she said, leading the way to a small street where nobody was.

Lana placed her hands behind her head looking the knight over one more time. "This isn't the way to your lovely little prisons," She remarked knowing where they were by heart as she attempted to avoid them as much as it was required. Her hands tensed up as she grew a touch bit more nervous. "Unless your intending to ensure I don't disturb the public again," She said this believing the majority of humans to be terrible people and thus made the Knight appear so in her mind.

Her hands moved inside her cloak grabbing onto her dagger while quietly studying the knights reactions.

Arweldyn placed her spear against the wall. "Alright elf. Why are you here? Any other knight would have imprisoned you or worse...", she said, searching something in her pocket.

She pulled out a purse. "
Take this. Conceal your elven ears. If you need help, come to my house, it is a small villa at the Tradersstreet. I am Arweldyn."

@Lana Valentine

Lana's eyes showed an intense disbelief and distrust of the knight. Her eyes narrowing slightly as she took the purse looking inside of it. She then smiled very slightly, "Just your average thief," She remarked in honestly both flicking her hood further down and running off once more to get lost within the crowds.

As she ran thinking about the situation, she did not truly believe the knight but, she would test the knights words eventually. After all, they can't all be terrible right? She thought trying to convince herself if this.

@Ami the breadling

Lana returned to the market and relaxed once more before eagerly rubbing her hands and going off to practice her craft again. She decided to begin pickpocketing slowly through the crowds and occasionally keeping her eyes out for a large target. "Blending in is so useful thanks Madame Rose," She said to herself with a light chuckle.

(Just what she's going to be doing until someone else jumps in again so it's for all of you guys I guess)

@Pashpu

@EXPMIRACLE

Keline had found her herbs. She had bought some bushy green sathyanis leaves, good for clotting blood, off a man on the street. She placed them in her drawstring sack. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw the thief girl again. She was sneaking around, clearly trying to pickpocket a certain well-dressed man. Keline watched as the girl- she was clearly a human girl, Keline didn't know why she had thought she was an elf earlier- expertly slipped her hand into the man's pocket and withdrew a small bag. Keline's arms tightened self-consciously over her own bag. This girl was definitely good at her job.

Keline walked to the edge of the market, where she saw a man hard at work unloading his carriage with heavy crates. Interesting! A traveler. He would certainly have something interesting worth buying. She walked up to the man.

"What are you selling?" she asked.

@EXPMIRACLE

@Pashpu (Interesting to note that she changed her mind on what Lana's race was, I am now intrigued to that reason)

Lana continued to her rounds of thieving as she smiled to herself with an intense glee. "If there's one thing Humans are good for it's short attention spans," She pocketed her earnings and then began to walk out of the Market at a slow pace, stopping beside the same Carriage as the Healer had.

Her eyes watched the people transferring items for sale, as she pretended to examine the carriage kicking it's wheel slightly to check for sturdiness of the vehicle.

@EXPMIRACLE

It was a very busy day, the carriage man had left to do some work of his own. Unloading all these items was hard for him, Mark wasn't really the brute guy with intimidating looks and great power. His legs felt cramped for a bit, so he had to sit down in one of the crates. "I wonder how much I would get..." he thought before a woman walked up to her. She asked what was for sale, Mark wasn't really tasked with selling, he gave the woman a "No-no" gesture before talking. "I-Uh- Don't- I- Know..." he said really nervously.

@Pashpu

Well anyway, that seems like a nice mystery.

Keline raised her eyebrows at the stammering Mark. "Oh come on," she said. "You guys came to this town with this huge carriage and all these crates. You're obviously looking to sell something."

@EXPMIRACLE

Mark coughed quietly, trying to remember what the items were. After a moment of thinking he finally recognized a few of them. "W-Well I do know that w-we're selling herbs, natural plants and o-other things from the forest-lands." he said in a shy manner, looking down on the floor and holding both of his hands together.

@Pashpu

"Natural plants and herbs, you say?" Keline mused. These might be useful- the forest folk were known to come up with great remedies to illnesses. She glanced in the carriage and looked around for some of the plants. Her eyes widened. There were some highly valuable items inside, such as sassafrass tree bark and elven golden ivy.

As she was peering inside, she saw the thin shadow of a girl outlined against the opposite edge of the crate. The same girl thief was there, leaning against the carriage and glancing not-so-subtly at the two of them talking. What was with this girl? It was as if she followed Keline everywhere. Keline retreated quickly out of the carriage to make sure the girl had not seen that she had noticed her. Keline was very curious about this girl, and she wanted to know more about her. A crazy sort of plan started forming in her mind...

"These are some very valuable plants you have here," she said to Mark loudly. "It'd be a huge shame if some thief were to pickpocket them and sell them for lots of money."

@EXPMIRACLE @Lana Valentine

{Also I'm going to sleep now and will continue late tomorrow. It was really fun starting this story and it looks very promising!}

Lana let out a slight fit of coughing, "Not there's any thieves around in this city, considering how great the city guard is," She remarked casting a glance towards whoever had spoken.

She moved beside the two smiling her most innocent of smiles before placing a hand upon the Male's shoulder. "You have absolutely nothing to fear, no thief would dare to steal your herbs," as she inched closer removing her hand from his shoulder. She snagged what she had hoped was either the male's money pouch or the herbs the other had mentioned.

She moved back into a natural position smiling as her hands carefully concealed her ill gotten gains with her cloak. "Now then, I must be off if you'd excuse me," She began to leave whistling an innocent tune as she did so.

@Pashpu

@EXPMIRACLE

Mark gave the girl a confused gaze. "W-What's that girl's problem..." he thought as he scratched the back of his head, before standing up again. It seems like she was doing something shady. Mark gone back to end moving the crates.

After a few minutes, most of the crates were finally moved into the trading area. Sweat drops from the elven human, it was a relief helping out with the folks he was with. Originally, he was going to go to this town on his own, but he ran across the carriage and decided to stick along for awhile. The carriage man gave him money in return.

He tapped his invisible bag of go... Wait. Mark had realized that his small bag of money was stolen. He was shocked and surprised. "W-Who could've done such a thing...". His memories brought him back to the girl that was checking the carriage. "Her!" his expression changed to a bit more irritated look. Mark scurries off, following the girl's steps whilst keeping a low profile.

@Lana Valentine

Arweldyn kept patroulling. Of course she could not always be in the same spot, she was on the other side of the market place at the moment. But she was just returning, so if there was trouble, she would see it.

Lana had returned to thieving, having gained a little gold from the earlier situation. After gathering up a sizable amount, keeping as unexposed as possible she slipped into an alleyway of the city before skillfully climbing up to the rooftops to get out of the major city section.

She ran quickly across them as if she knew every notch and grip perfectly to get where she needed to go. She settled eventually at one of the poorer sections of the city and slipped into a tavern to get herself some food for the evening.

@Ami the breadling

@EXPMIRACLE

Mark had trouble catching up with the crook thief. She seemed to have been nabbing a lot of gold from multiple people. Luckily, he wasn't really noticed by her. She eventually went into an alleyway and started climbing up to the top. This scenery was quite similar to his forest training he has done everyday, this was a piece of cake for him. Following her and making silent noises were tough, but Mark kept his body light whilst pursuing her.

The last destination she went through is inside a tavern near the poor section of the city. It was a disaster following her. This girl must've had acrobatics training and even stamina training. Mark catches his breath before eventually also going inside the tavern, looking for the thief.

@Lana Valentine

Lana was sitting alone in one of the booths of the Tavern. A plate of food had just been placed in front of her as Mark had strolled in. She had felt someone following her but, hadn't cared too much to pay attention to it. However, his appearance mildly surprised her but, she remained quiet, eating the food she usually got as it was the cheapest around that would serve her.

Her hood remained lowered as it always did but, she similarly remained alert for any possible threats as she ate her meal.

@EXPMIRACLE

Users who are viewing this thread

Back