• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy TЊË RåÑʥØm ЊØTËL - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
So you're saying that magic repels itself. also Indigo can just use a minion to bring her back to wherever

The keyword here being 'Magic' correct?
Right, so "Magic" is inhibited when it reaches the Salt Circle. That, and since she's still, essentially, coated in Magic, she'll just bounce back from the ring like it were a spherical wall.

And minions would be affected the same way, since they're beings of Magic, as well. <_<

Ah but magic from another source would not be repelled. Read, magic from another world
Universal Laws here, dude. It's all essentially tied in with the Elements that are still the same regardless of location. Two worlds, completely different, still have "Fire" "Ice" and all that.

Since everyone comes from different dimensions, weaknesses from one world cannot simply be universal.
In one world, spirits may be repelled by ladies' underwear, in another it might be sulfur, and in another it could be outdated valentine's candy
Where there are differing dimensions, there are differing lines of logic

By saying one thing works the same in all dimensions, you're basically employing some cure-all end-all deus ex machina

Since everyone comes from different dimensions, weaknesses from one world cannot simply be universal.
In one world, spirits may be repelled by ladies' underwear, in another it might be sulfur, and in another it could be outdated valentine's candy
Where there are differing dimensions, there are differing lines of logic
Then in that case, how is Ice able to freeze people in this world?

By saying one thing works the same in all dimensions, you're basically employing some cure-all end-all deus ex machina
No, I'm talking about a "Shield" that prevents those within it from getting harmed. The reverse can be said for those within it, though, so if anything, it's a "Safe Zone" that prevents conflict outside it from harming those within. Doesn't mean she can't just walk out of it, and right into the belly of the beast. <_<

Tell that to Lucifer's Son and 95% of this hotel's people. You take what makes Jason "Jason", then you're just shitting on him. <_<
The hydra brothers (Zackrilmon, Ovesh and Zezga) are no longer around u.u
They checked out

Then in that case, how is Ice able to freeze people in this world
Well, if the rpers whose characters are frozen are ok with it, then that's how it is to them.

No, I'm talking about a "Shield" that prevents those within it from getting harmed. The reverse can be said for those within it, though, so if anything, it's a "Safe
I guet what you're saying, but clearly the other rpers have taken issue, and for the sake of being civil, we can't just have one person's logic run elements in the rp.
Thats why people, when they attact, say that they have attempted an attack, so that the other rper has a chance to accept or dodge their move.

Well, if the rpers whose characters are frozen are ok with it, then that's how it is to them.

I guet what you're saying, but clearly the other rpers have taken issue, and for the sake of being civil, we can't just have one person's logic run elements in the rp.
Thats why people, when they attact, say that they have attempted an attack, so that the other rper has a chance to accept or dodge their move.
Right, because "Gary Stu" is upset that there's something to prevent him from killing another person?

Oh, for the record, it isn't just one person's logic, either. It's actually quite common knowledge in many cultures.

No one is "shitting on" your character
An rp is a collaborative effort, and if people take issue, it is to be open for discussion.
Rather than rebuking criticism because "its a part of my character", why not look into it and see how you can make the aspect more reasonable?
I see that you use this character a lot, so it'd be worth taking criticism into consideration.
After all, none of the people here are blatantly attacking you or your ideas, just stating disagreement with your logic.

No one is "shitting on" your character
An rp is a collaborative effort, and if people take issue, it is to be open for discussion.
Rather than rebuking criticism because "its a part of my character", why not look into it and see how you can make the aspect more reasonable?
I see that you use this character a lot, so it'd be worth taking criticism into consideration.
After all, none of the people here are blatantly attacking you or your ideas, just stating disagreement with your logic.
Right. I'll just throw it in twice, just in case. It ain't just MY logic I'm using.

Right, because "Gary Stu" is upset that there's something to prevent him from killing another person?

Oh, for the record, it isn't just one person's logic, either. It's actually quite common knowledge in many cultures.
I don't see why you need to be so hostile, this isn't some assault on you as a person.
Just because something is widely accepted as logic in this world or in fantasy settings, does not mean that it will apply everywhere.
Having portals to other dimensions gives the option of having multiple takes on reality, there isn't a strict code that the world must follow, it goes by the will of the participants.
If that goes against the logic of your character and you aren't willing to make adjustments, I'm sure there are rps that have the strict laws you want to work with, this rp just isnt one of them ^w^

I don't have an issue with the salt ring, it's just probably not going to play out exactly as Justin expects based on all the info I have on Indigo's origin and abilities
Which is fine, I have my own guideline to follow and he has his own. I'll just have to get creative with my ways to by-pass it :3

I do have a problem with the assumption that if this thing is a weakness in this universe, it's a weakness on all of them. You can't say that when you're dealing with the multiverse. That's where the discussion lost its course u.u

Who logic then. Not mine. Salt and things such as that may have power where your character comes from. The fact that it is not magic gives it no power

You cannot assume that something that is inherently weak where Jason comes from, definitely does not mean that it is weak everywhere.

After all, it is "The Random Hotel"
Where anything can, and will, happen
"Anything can, and will, happen?" So denying my character of his abilities counts as "Anything", and doesn't paint a big, red "Nothing" on his back?

Just gonna call "Bullshit" on that one. <_<
You cannot assume that something that is inherently weak where Jason comes from, definitely does not mean that it is weak everywhere.
Then permission for Jason to be Superman in this world? He'd smack a hoe with a wrench, and the metals from his world could be GODLY here? And any magic he would just walk through like it were nothing?

Who logic then. Not mine. Salt and things such as that may have power where your character comes from. The fact that it is not magic gives it no power
Like I said, "Magic" is tied in with "Spirits" in his world. While it may not be the same for anyone here, the fact stands that Him using salt to repel Magic because of its ties with Spirit Energy from his world means that it's technically one of his abilities. Not the salt's, but his. The fact that he repelled it is...

You know what? Fuck it, just drop it. Jason was never here, and I'm not gonna have this conversation on one of my only off-days today. >_<

Users who are viewing this thread

Back