• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Titanfall: Final Push of the Frontier (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
I'll try and get caught up later today. (Thursday is Star Trek day, which is why I was pretty much silent yesterday heh)

I, Like Taron am anxious to see how the combat scenarios go, I'm also quite looking forward to seeing how the other group interacts with him and what other potential pilots well be meeting!

Okay so... here’s my biggest problem right now with what’s going on. I get that I’ve been a bit slow to reply, but I was hoping to set the atmosphere a bit here, and was hoping for some character development, rather than just dive headfirst into the conflict with the secondary IC.

Rcticwolf Rcticwolf I hate singling you out in this, but you’re not exactly giving other people in your group the appropriate time to give a response, and establish their characters before things start happening. I get that we’re all excited to jump into some action, and whatnot, but half of the fun of this is establishing a relationship with the other characters, and developing those bonds, whether they be positive or negative. I almost feel like you’re trying to stop any of that from happening. I thought it was cool that your character felt the need to maybe be a bit of a middle man between Obsidian Dragon Obsidian Dragon and Crimson Blade Crimson Blade in the conflicts their characters are having, but afterward, you pretty much just initiated the mission when I hadn’t even had a chance to really develop how this mission would start or whatnot... which kinda irks me. And when someone tried to work with that spontatious decision, I feel like you kinda unfairly attacked them.

First of all, I had hoped it wouldn’t have needed to be said when starting this, but my number one rule in these things is that the players treat each other with respect. If you have a problem with one another, I would ask that you either come to me, or civilly talk it out in either the OOC thread here, or in Private Messages. Instigating conflict in the IC threads defeats the purpose of the OOC threads. I actually meant to delete a lot of the OOC discussion in that thread but just haven’t gotten around to it yet.

Secondly, I find it highly frustrating you’re calling someone out for being inconsistent, when I fail to see where their inconsistencies are, and you’ve given very little to work with. Now, I will say that nowhere did I establish there was an enemy patrol, or did I establish there would be immediate enemy contact within this section. I apologize that I’ve been as slow to establishing what’s going on, but I mean... they’re still giving more. I’ve asked you to provide more detail to your posts this week, and while I am thankful you’ve done so today, I am beginning to ask if this roleplay is suited for you. Out of all the characters playing so far, yours is the character I feel needs the most work, because you haven’t given any of us a proper look into how she thinks, or why she acts as she does. And when I asked if you could potentially flesh out your characters backstory, you assured me you had a plan to flesh it out in the Roleplay thread. However, you can’t properly do that if all you do is give single-line responses, which are one of my biggest pet peeves in roleplay. I get that we all have work and don’t always have the time to write out a proper post, but if that’s the case, I’d much rather you wait until you have a moment to write out a proper post and give us a better look into the mind of your character. Calling one inconsistent, when he’s made an effort to develop his character and mingle with everyone else just kinda grinds my gears.

Thirdly, if you are going to remain in this roleplay, you WILL show other players proper respect. Telling someone to “kiss my ass” will get you a boot really quick. Not only did that upset him, but it upset me. I’ve been patient when working with everyone here, and the least I can ask of you is to be patient with everyone else.

I really wish I didn’t have to write this out, especially since I know you are enthusiastic about getting this RP started and whatnot, and I know that with my busy schedule, I haven’t had the proper time to properly get things started with the second group in getting them onto the planet and into some action, but that’s where patience comes into play again. If you’re not willing to have at least a little patience with me, or your fellow role players, I am going to have to ask you to consider if this is a roleplay you really want to devote time to.

I created this for people to have a little fun writing out a story, and be social with one another, and I am very thankful as many people have expressed interest in this as they have. But I will not let conflicts between players jeopardize the fun that anyone might have in this, and I have people expressing their feelings to me directly, that they aren’t sure they wanna stick around if this kind of behavior persists.

Please take some time to think about what I’ve said.

Now... I’m going to wait and see where this goes. I ask the secondary group to refrain from posting in the IC thread until I’m assured this matter is behind us.

Okay so... here’s my biggest problem right now with what’s going on. I get that I’ve been a bit slow to reply, but I was hoping to set the atmosphere a bit here, and was hoping for some character development, rather than just dive headfirst into the conflict with the secondary IC.

Rcticwolf Rcticwolf I hate singling you out in this, but you’re not exactly giving other people in your group the appropriate time to give a response, and establish their characters before things start happening. I get that we’re all excited to jump into some action, and whatnot, but half of the fun of this is establishing a relationship with the other characters, and developing those bonds, whether they be positive or negative. I almost feel like you’re trying to stop any of that from happening. I thought it was cool that your character felt the need to maybe be a bit of a middle man between Obsidian Dragon Obsidian Dragon and Crimson Blade Crimson Blade in the conflicts their characters are having, but afterward, you pretty much just initiated the mission when I hadn’t even had a chance to really develop how this mission would start or whatnot... which kinda irks me. And when someone tried to work with that spontatious decision, I feel like you kinda unfairly attacked them.

First of all, I had hoped it wouldn’t have needed to be said when starting this, but my number one rule in these things is that the players treat each other with respect. If you have a problem with one another, I would ask that you either come to me, or civilly talk it out in either the OOC thread here, or in Private Messages. Instigating conflict in the IC threads defeats the purpose of the OOC threads. I actually meant to delete a lot of the OOC discussion in that thread but just haven’t gotten around to it yet.

Secondly, I find it highly frustrating you’re calling someone out for being inconsistent, when I fail to see where their inconsistencies are, and you’ve given very little to work with. Now, I will say that nowhere did I establish there was an enemy patrol, or did I establish there would be immediate enemy contact within this section. I apologize that I’ve been as slow to establishing what’s going on, but I mean... they’re still giving more. I’ve asked you to provide more detail to your posts this week, and while I am thankful you’ve done so today, I am beginning to ask if this roleplay is suited for you. Out of all the characters playing so far, yours is the character I feel needs the most work, because you haven’t given any of us a proper look into how she thinks, or why she acts as she does. And when I asked if you could potentially flesh out your characters backstory, you assured me you had a plan to flesh it out in the Roleplay thread. However, you can’t properly do that if all you do is give single-line responses, which are one of my biggest pet peeves in roleplay. I get that we all have work and don’t always have the time to write out a proper post, but if that’s the case, I’d much rather you wait until you have a moment to write out a proper post and give us a better look into the mind of your character. Calling one inconsistent, when he’s made an effort to develop his character and mingle with everyone else just kinda grinds my gears.

Thirdly, if you are going to remain in this roleplay, you WILL show other players proper respect. Telling someone to “kiss my ass” will get you a boot really quick. Not only did that upset him, but it upset me. I’ve been patient when working with everyone here, and the least I can ask of you is to be patient with everyone else.

I really wish I didn’t have to write this out, especially since I know you are enthusiastic about getting this RP started and whatnot, and I know that with my busy schedule, I haven’t had the proper time to properly get things started with the second group in getting them onto the planet and into some action, but that’s where patience comes into play again. If you’re not willing to have at least a little patience with me, or your fellow role players, I am going to have to ask you to consider if this is a roleplay you really want to devote time to.

I created this for people to have a little fun writing out a story, and be social with one another, and I am very thankful as many people have expressed interest in this as they have. But I will not let conflicts between players jeopardize the fun that anyone might have in this, and I have people expressing their feelings to me directly, that they aren’t sure they wanna stick around if this kind of behavior persists.

Now... I’m going to wait and see where this goes. I ask the secondary group to refrain from posting in the IC thread until I’m assured this matter is behind us.

There, fixed it, have fun, ill take a back seat now, I can wait for you to officially start the mission, I just used logic to assume they wouldn't be dropping right on a patrol, but if that's how you want it to happen, ok thats fine with me

And I do apologize, sometimes my irl feelings do get passed the threshold and end up in the roleplay

Last edited:

Also no one has asked, do any of them even know there is an ex-IMC pilot with them, something like that would be made common knowledge before the drop, well I would think so anyway. Also someone could be asked why she sounded so tense on the dropship, and if they persisted enough she would have begrudgingly answered revealing what had happened

I personally would like to keep stuff like that close to the chest until an opportunity presents itself in the thread, that way I can develop it as the rp goes on, but if I have to put it all out I suppose it wont be too difficult

I think a short rewind is in order, I'll take my input back to before the dropship ramp was released, we can continue to confer until the drop order is given, I admit I materialised the patrol to try and slow the pace.

Rcticwolf Rcticwolf All good, I just thought it was quite unprecedented given it was on the IC thread and out of the blue, plus the details of your character are things you can let the players know about without directly telling the other characters about them if that makes sense, Like Taron's distrust of Spectres and Simulacrums, Draugr doesn't know about that, hence the unrest between the two, but that's why he goes out of his way to be rude to him.

Sorry about my delay, I'm a procrastinator.
No worries, I can suffer that as well.

As for the secondary group, I’ll give you guys a setup post shortly and hopefully we can work off that. It’ll backtrack a little bit, but hopefully it will result in some smoother sailing as far as roleplay is concerned. I will likely delete those OOC posts as I said I would by the end of the day, if anything else needs to be done, I’ll get in touch.

Hi all, off the topic of rp but I thought I'd show you all my titan pilot helmet, it'll eventually become a full cosplay (working on the jumpkit and weapons as we speak)

Anyway, hope you like!20190210_230348.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back