• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Tired of Sipping Crab Coladas? (Pirate RP)

Kylesar1

This is my loudest bork
Miserable. Absolutely miserable. After months on a deserted island, living off coconuts and crabs and fighting over sleeping locations to shelter from the rain, it's about time to call life quits. Whether you've been abandoned, shipwrecked, or made to walk the plank, you've washed up here and now you want either off or out.

Well, the gods have thrown you a bone...........It's me. I'm god in this scenario, and I offer you one chance and one chance only to join my ship and put your miserable life to use again. My ship's a little low on crew, as a lot of them have gone to Davy Jone's Locker, Heaven, Hell, Paradise, the halls of Valhalla, the Underworld, to get their 72 virgins, whether metaphor or euphemism you want to use to say that they died, and I came here to search for some others who may not be dead.

So here's the deal: I get you off this island, and you work for me. You sail the seas and the skies, take on all its glorious dangers, get a nice cut of the loot, get some tail local to where we dock, and all the other crap, and you join some of the nastiest dogs to sail the seas.......Nasty as in savage, but honorable. I have standards and the moment you stop meeting them, you can come back to your coconuts and crabs here on this island. If we're in the air, well..........death may beat coming back here, won't it?

So what do you say? Do you want to sip Pina Coladas or keep sipping Crab Coladas?

So this is a fairly light-hearted fantasy RP complete with sea sailing, taking on monstrous sealife and skylife, rival pirates, and getting treasure, with jokes, ale, and romance (encouraged) in between. This RP emphasizes camaraderie and teamwork, as well as having a good time and looting corpses. Since it's a fantasy RP, it's gonna have many many species up to play as, as well as fighting potentially magic and supernatural beings all for the promised loot.

This isn't gonna be a sealife only RP. There is a seaship and an airship, both of which will be used at times. There are definitely gonna be plenty of land portions and possible dungeon crawling for the loot, taking on everything from slimes to deities. I expect this RP to be friendly to all.

Magic and Technology
Magic is a thing, but magic within you, the player, is weak. The properties of the Island has all but destroyed your ability to use magic. It has to be relearned. Given the delicacy of a vessel, magic-use on the ship is restricted to a level that will guarantee that it won't damage the ship. Nothing like destroying the ship trying and failing to cast a Fireball Spell. As a result, while offensive magic is a thing and learnable, the pirates use magitech more and leave magic to defensive and support spells, and things like spellblade (enchanting weapon with magic)

Technology
The pinnacle of technology is dwarven innovation. Flintlock is a thing, but it is not a full replacement for swords and bows. Technology is basically light steampunk. Airships and cargo transport, but not to the level of prosthetics or body enhancements. Magitech enhances the abilities of technology by infusing it with magic, giving it an effect similar to Spellblade, but far less versatile and less able to power it up.

This is EXACTLY the kind of light-hearted thing I'd love to join!

Should I brush up on some pirate-lingo before I hop on, Cap'in?

I'm somewhat interested in this. Can we play veteran crew members?

Last edited:
This sounds dope, and I already have a pirate OC that I love, though we would need to work out the details because he is technically cursed, and I wouldn’t want it change him up TOO much.

This sounds dope, and I already have a pirate OC that I love, though we would need to work out the details because he is technically cursed, and I wouldn’t want it change him up TOO much.
You can shoot me a PM about him if you so desire

Arrgh! I be willing to join, laddies! Yarr!
Would love to be apart of this
Interested!
Definitely interested!
Interested!!
This is easily the fastest I have ever gotten interest for an RP, so thank you all for that. I will begin working on the threads and will tag you all when it's complete

Arrgh! I be willing to join, laddies! Yarr!
Would love to be apart of this
Interested!
Definitely interested!
Interested!!
Alright people, here is the link to the thread

Interested. Though, would just like to know how often are we expected to post? And what / Is there a literature requirement?

Interested. Though, would just like to know how often are we expected to post? And what / Is there a literature requirement?
Post within reason. I don't have a regulation set

As for post length, the minimum is 1 paragraph of about 3-5 sentences. Nothing much. In fact, I hate walls of text and would probably skim it.

Kylesar1 Kylesar1 hey friend, I love this and your choice of lingo and I’d hate to miss out, I’ll be hopping in and submitting a sheet as needed to hopefully contribute to this daring crew!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back