• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Tipping the Scales

((Never mind, mistakes were made. I gave nothing line up for you yet. Perhaps goblins? No, something more adventerous. Perhaps a rumor of a golden set of armor? Yes, that'll do. Oh, and @Gilmoregirl12 ))

Last edited by a moderator:
As Aria listens to Buras talk, her hand slides down Raiku's snout, and the dragons hums in return. She's intrigued by Buras' stories. It gives her a little more knowledge about what her dad left her for. She knows that the reason for her dad's disappearance is what's out there, the dragon he has yet to see, to find. Even Aria won't be able to hold herself back from the temptation - and because of her curiosity, she's become best friends with a dragon of an unnatural entity. She wants to learn more about dragons. In order to do that, she needs to burst herself out of her cage and into the wild. When Buras insinuates the idea, Aria immediately perks up. "You're asking us for help?" She questions, eyes wide. But what, exactly, can a human do that a dragon can't?

She looks at Raiku, and her dragon glances back. It's not only her decision. Raiku needs to have a say, too. That has always been their rule: no matter how much the other wants it, if one of them doesn't agree, then the voyage is off. "Do you want to go, buddy?"

Raiku huffs through his snout, giving her the answer she knows she'll get.

"We'll do it." Aria grins. "We'll help you."

@Beowulf

Elfangor woke up groggily, moaning. His side ached, and through his blurred vision the thief saw that it was wrapped.

"Where am I?" he thought.

One of the healers came over. "You're in a house of healing, master slayer."

The thief jumped at the voice. He had thought he was thinking. "OK..."

"Don't worry, you'll be up by tomorrow probably."

Shaking his head, Elfangor attempted to sit up, to stand, but his efforts were fruitless. He was too weak.

((@Elfangor if you want I can have an npc come in.))

Buras looked at the two, and saw the ones eagerness. "Then it is best to be off. A long journey is ahead of us, even with flight. If I'm right, we are somewhere to the south east if the mountains. So, let's be off, no sense wasting time." And without waiting, he showed off his impressive wing span, and took off. He was a sight to behold in the sun, a sparkling bronze, even with the many scars. He circled the clearing once, twice, made sure they were following, and began to head in the proper direction.

((@hisokun))

When Buras heads up, Aria rushes to straddle her dragon near the neck. She holds on to his thorns as he begins to move skyward, following Buras's trail. Compared to Buras' stature, Raiku's length is much smaller, barely occupying the size of Buras' upper portion of his body. Raiku glides beside the other dragon, his eyes gleaming as he looks down. "How long does it usually take to get there?" Aria questions. Raiku's head snaps to the side when a wind chimes through them.

Buras thought about the question. How long did it take? He never thought of keeping track of that. "Well, it should not take to long to reach the mountains." he said over the rush of wind whipping past their ears. "But my memory is old. I will not, no, cannot remember where exactley that tainted cave is. We will be able to sense it before seeing it, that much is clear. It felt like all the filth in the world was seeping into my bones." he explained as they continued their flight. By that time, the mountains in the distance had already grown bigger, if slightly.

((@hisokun ))

((@hisokun))

Seeing one of the saviors of their town move, and the doctor currently their, Jackson hurries over. "Take it easy, dragon slayer. You took quiet the fall. You have a few cracked ribs, nothing to worry about if you are careful. A slight burn on your arm and legs, most likely from the dragon as well. When the guard went to strip what they could, they got second degree burns on unprotected skin coming into contact with the scales. Vulcan's body is still lying there, left to cool." He rambled on like that fir a while, giving Elfangor plenty of time to study the man. He was old, and thin. And everything about him seamed, longer, stretched out slightly. It gave him the appearance of a wading bird, with tufts of white hair like feathers completing the image. "I don't doubt the mayor won't give you something. He's probably still dancing around since learning Vulcan is dead."

((@Elfangor.))

Aria nods, understanding. If she were flying somewhere, she wouldn't keep track of the time, either. But she's not sure whether the things she's brought with her can last. Either way, it doesn't matter, anyway. She'll find some substitutes and make it work. Raiku snorts, glancing up at her, as if he's thinking the same thing. Raiku's attention turns to the passing wind, feeling it linger, rancid under his nose. "Raiku?" Aria questions. "Are you sensing something?"

"He's already feeling the taint." Buras said over the wind. By then, the mountains were much larger then when they set out. "From my experiences, things of the air have always felt filth more acutely. Neither of us feel it yet, because you are of the ground and I am a blend of both." What he didn't say, however, was that the lich dragon, for that is all it could have been, must have also grown in strength. Especially for anything to feel it this far out.

((@hisokun ))

((@Peachypants there is a caravan of lizard folk near your cave.))

Aria frowns, taking this all in. If Raiku is already feeling it sneak in his body, then how powerful will it be when they're finally there? Even worse, how powerful is it now when the smell has reached even a thousand miles away? Aria holds on to Raiku tight, giving him the comfort and reassurance her dragon needs. Raiku can also sense wind patterns, and he can predict when a storm is about to fall through. "What exactly are we going to do to help?"

Tarvok burst out laughing at seeing the goblins run around trying to get their act together. "Zu'u tovok vir lingrah erei hi komaan wah straag um ahrk lif zey naalein. Zu'u laan wah kriist het ahrk saraan fah tol wah koros." He laid down on the mountainside blocking the only path to his lair and up the mountain. The goblins would have to either fight him or turn around and face the dangers below. "I doubt you all speak Dovahzul so let me make you an offer, you can pay the toll or I shall begin to eat you one by one until your chief decides to turn around and march the lot of you into the valley." A small flame appeared in front of the chief, not hurting him but showing him what would happen if he were to disobey the dragon.

((Sorry I didn't get any alerts. I'm back now!))

There was a certain silence in the air around the shadowy dragon. He was, as gracefully as a dragon as large as him was able to, crawled through the tight forest near a road. The birds fell silent as the dragon swept through the dry grass. There were pretty much no sound around there. Except for a group of lizard folk, or Argonian as some would call them. They were headed for the village up ahead, and they sure as hell were unaware of the fact that that huge fire-breathing creature stood just behind them. Vokul, the dragon, grinned as wide as he could and quickly crawled out from behind a large oak. He carefully curved his tail around the caravan of people as he himself sat down. The glimpse of their eyes made him crane his neck, they were no pretty creatures. They were a mix of humans and snakes, and no good combination either. But some parts of them resembled the race of the dragons, mostly their skin but even their teeth. However, the thought of the creatures still gave the black dragon a feeling of displease. "Gaas siigonis, hi bek los shar. Lif erei Zu'u ag hi wah kii" He muttred while he shrunk down on the ground to surround the creatures.

((It's ok, both of you. But I'm detecting a Skrim influence. Keep it to a minimum.))

Shiny-Taker (or whatever I named him) jumped back in surprise of the fire dancing in front of him. Chittering some more, he waves his scepter around, obviously giving orders. And just as quickly as they appeared, they vanished into the trees. Now, goblins aren't the smartest, prettiest, or toughest things that the gods made. But the Sisters, daughters if the Cheif God Alzum, and patron gods of stealth, secrecy, and camouflage respectively, took pity on them. So, the goblins were blessed, they could hide almost anywhere. The only thing that remained about them when they decided to vanish, was their smell. But they didn't smell to pleasant, not strong swimmers, and their stench lingered for days after words. If they decided to leage anyway. These goblins, were one of those that didn't run away to take their chances with the wolves. A dragon eating some of the elderly and the sick was more preferable to wolves eating the young.

((@Vyork Ashfin ))

---

The Argonians looked at the dragon blankly. They saw themselves as relatives to dragons, if very distant. And if the dragon wanted to kill them, they would be dead by the. Anyway, once the dragon was in coear view, for the most part, an elderly lizard walked forward. Back bent, using a staff almost as gnarled as he was to help him walk. He was the Eldest, a simple title to obtain and the most respected. "Why do you stop us, cousin?" he asked in their hissing dialect.

((@Peachypants ))

Tarvok sat on the mountainside watching the goblins disperse. His nose shot into the air at their horrible scent, it was something that made him quite disgusted. He spread his wings and took off of the mountain and into the sky where he quickly disappeared into the clouds. The dragon was not one to stick around after a confrontation, even if it involved only talking and not much else. He did not care that much at that moment about his cave as he thought the goblins would listen and head back down the mountain. Tarvok shot towards the ground after a few minutes of flying only to land back in the same field as before. "Familiar sights but not something I would have wanted to see anytime soon." He thought to himself and then laid down, covering his body with his wings.

"Magister...we manage too Fine few more scrolls"

"Thank you me dear...This shall be a Good addition for thus Collection"

Magister speacks too his Fellow Sprite,a it was a small Fairy like creature with Pixy wings,as 3 more came in With dusty scrolls,Magister gave a small smiel as he extended 3 of his hands and grasefully took them,as he unscroll them and started too read as he whanted too make sure each and one of them were Unique and not a Copy,as he reads he Noded and closed the 3 scrolls and gave them back too his sprites as they Took the scrolls in a small Opening were only Fairy size creatures may Fit Through,as inside there was a vast Collection of scrolls,each stack inside Holes in the Rocky walls,as Sprites Fly around the Lighted Cavern placing them in order and in perfect place.

Magister ontop of the Cavern as his hands were Busy with Books,his eyes pass side too side slowli reading each and one of them,taking there knowlage too his Minde,as he did Finish one,he closed it and a sprite came in and took it back inside the large "Library" of Scrolls and Books,and braught a new one for his empty hand,he look very Busy reading books but he would soon rest his eyes from reading as somtimes his head hurts from all the reading,as he would Sigh and close the 4 books and would step down from above the cavern.

"I am Thus done of absorbing Knowlage for today....Trix were are you dear?"

"Sorry was a Little Busy"

Says the small Trix as that seems her name,as she would take the 4 books and take them back towards the carvern,Magister could do it himself but he could not fit his large paw in the fairy size entrace,as he would nod at her, wen she Finishes she would sit in his head and Magister extend his 4 wings and start Flaping them Taking flight and start too fly away from the island.

(Trixi)

Arcane_Sprite.png

Lothair was rather happily flying about the Nest. Of course, Nests were the equivalents of cities for Avens. He had been accepted as an apprentice to a glass blower, beaks don't make it much harder. And trade was always good with blown glass, Common was easy enough to pronounce with just a tongue. Anyway, he was rather well known around the Nest, and so he was greeted with various bird calls from his friends, neighbors, and friends of neighbors. It was all rather loud, a human sized bird warbling away tends to be loud. Now, a bit off topic but it needs to be done, let me go into more depth of Nests. They are built in trees, the canopy to be exact. An Aven can live it's whole life without touching the ground.

((@Yonsisac))

Vokul curled his neck upwards as he glared down at the lizards, mostly at the elder one. "We are no relatives, you filthy snake." He said while scraping one of his claws through the sand. This caused a small cloud of dust to fly up in the air. At least small compared to him, to the lizards the cloud would be quite large. Vokul reached down his head closer to the creatures on the ground. His enormous wings were folded tight against his slender body. The tips of the wings were slowly floating out in the air, they almost looked like they were fading or burning away. They weren't disappearing, they just gave the illusion of it. Vokul was silent for quite a while until he finally spoke. "I have no specific reason. But I'll tell you this, I do not seek a battle" He murmured in his voice so low that it seemed to rumble.

((@Beowulf ))

The Eldest was nit ruffled by this. He didn't even cough at the small dust storm. Cousins did not have to like their relatives, but they were still family. "Manners, cousin." he said, persistantly calling Vokul cousin. "We do not wosh to fight either. We are heading to Elsword to trade Elf Wood." he said just as calmsly as the dragon. "Yet you stopped us. I do nit know why, but things are often for reasons not seen until after. Perhaps the Gods decreed this meeting." he said, raising a scaled and clawed hand up to the sky briefly, a religious reflex. The other Argonians were a mixture of unease. Some have seen dragons before, nasty as this one and willing to fight. Others have not seen those kinds of dragons. And others still were seeing a dragon for the first time, an exciting moment for them. The travelers that payed to tracel with the Argonians, huddled together and shook silently in fear on the carts.

((@Peachypants ))

---

The dragon was gone. Move, now. That was what went through Shiny-Taker's mind as he saw the dragon vanish. So, chittering away, he rallied the clan and moved them through. And oh the marvels they saw. Goblins do not mean any harm, most of the time anyway, but they have an unhealthy fondness for anything that sparkles in the light, even faintly. The mounds of beautifully sparkling gems, gold, silver, and what not had them mesmerized. Then they snapped out of it, and scattered to claim what they wanted. Fights soon broke out over who had claimed what first and where, hands where slapped, heads knocked, and feet stepped on. Then the heard the distinct sound of flapping wings, leathery wings, dragon wings. Dropping whatever they had, they scrambled to find hiding places. Mothers hushed young, fathers shoved their young to the mother to hush them. And then all was silent. Of course, the smell remained.

((@Vyork Ashfin ))

Vokul was silent for a long while, his eyes were closed during this silence as well. His mind were wandering off for even a brief moment until he woke up to reality. He was sure that he could make them do anything if he pleased, they were tiny compared to him. Plus, he could breathe fire. The silence from him broke as he chuckled, or what sounded like growled, for himself. "Oh my dearest cousin." He began, the sarcasm in his voice was quite clear. "You are one certainly wise man. I want nothing more than your knowledge." Vokul continued and glanced around the crowd of argonians. The ones in the back seemed so frightened that they were soon to wet their pants and run away in tears. The black dragon chuckled again and curled the tip of his tail around one of the lizard's feet, leaving no space for the poor thing to move. "Now for you to give me the knowledge I require, I want you to solve something for me." He directed the last sentence towards the elderly one who stood closest to him.

((@Beowulf ))

"Careful cousin." the Eldest said. "We can only take so much, even from family. Now, what do you want solved? We are simple merchants trying our best to make a living." He paid little attention to the high pitched squeal of a hatchling as the dragons tail wrapped around it's ankle. He would get a special name. Perhaps Dragon Touched, that was probably it.

((@Peachypants))

"I want you to solve some riddles" Vokul said, of course he already knew the answers to them, but he wanted to see if his so called cousins were wise or not. "Three little riddles, that's all I ask for" He continued. There was no specific reason for him questioning them, he simply wanted the time to pass. The years of complete silence had made him quite bored. The boredom was soon to kill him if he didn't do anything about it. "If you do manage to solve them, I'll let you go. All of you." Vokul grinned a little, knowing that they probably wouldn't find out the answers, but he then went back to the straight face and let the tip of his tail curl around the body of the little one. With no intention of harming the kid of course, but only as a way to pass some of the time while he waited for the eldest one to accept or brush away the deal.

((@Beowulf ))

"Then ask away. But remeber," he said and raised a warning hand, "even family will not take a threat from one of them kindly. Now, enough of threats of violence. You said so yourself, you do not seek it. And walking the same roads, seeing the same people, gets tiring. A bit of a puzzle will do everyone good here."

((@Peachypants))

---

Lothair, though excited about his new apprenticeship, didn't know where he was going. Ye had no specific place in mind, and was now flying below the canopy mindlessly. He then realized, he had not seen the sky in a day or two, so adjusted his course quickly and broke through the leafy ceiling. He was blinded for a second by the brilliant light of an unhindered sun, but his eyes quickly adjusted. Birds do not usually look up, even large ones, but something compelled him to, and he saw a dragon. Dragons were a tricky buisness to Avens, sometimes eating them and sometimes helping. There was no way to tell, until the dragon looked down.

((@Yonsisac))

After a while of laying in the grass, Tarvok stood up and stretched, only to fly back to his cave. He stepped in and noticed the scent of the goblins remained, he assumed it was from earlier and continued to go about his business. With a loud yawn, Tarvok moved to where the treasure was in the cave and immediately noticed that something was different. It did not take him more than a few seconds to figure the goblins plan out. "You can all come out, I will spare the lot of you if a riddle can be answered." He smiled, or as much as a dragon could anyway. Tarvok's head turned to search for the goblins in there hiding place, but it seemed they were truly dug in and hidden from sight.

((@Beowulf))

Possibly the same exact thought went through all of the goblin's heads. 'Yeah right. We don't trust you.' followed shortly by 'You can't see me, I think.' They were hidden, and ready to bolt if they thought the dragon figured out their hiding spot. But, for one goblin, the attraction of all the shinies was just to much. And that goblin's name, was Idiot. Quickly running from spot to spot, bare feet slapping the ground, Idiot began to head for a rather large mound of treasure. Most likely going for the ruby about the size of a chicken egg at goblin eye level.

((@Vyork Ashfin ))

Magister Continued Flying as he was taking his Flight a Little,he was not the one to stay still so Flying was his thing,as he Trixi was slightli sliping as she was just a small Fae and he was a large Dragon,so gust of wing were a Problem,she ussually can hold on by his head "Magister!...Im sliping! slow down"she trys too warne him but she was just not loud for him too hear and then she could not hold no more and slips,as she slowli freefalls and Magister keeps Flying foward not notecing a thing,Trixi Strugels too take her balance and start Flaping her small wings quickli but she cant as that fast Flying kinda Tired her wen holding on but she did manage too slow down,wen she was near the ground she would falp her wings and slowli Floted down holding her Minature Book close too her chest,she Look around as there were trees all over and she was scared as....she could feel being watch but...she cant see them,Trixi slowli got up from siting on the ground as she was alone and Magister was far out of reach now......whatever was watching her maybe not friendly.

@Beowulf

Users who are viewing this thread

Back