• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Tipping the Scales

@Gilmoregirl12 @Beowulf

Tarvok, obviously annoyed at this point, slowly lands and gestures for the other dragon to do the same. "I would like to make you an...." He immediately stops and sniffs at the air. "Orc and elf." Tarvok says to himself then shakes his head. "This is rare, the last time i saw the two races in the same place, it ended in a blood bath." He thought then began to examine the area looking for them. Tarvok was interested to see how this played out, even though it was hundreds of years since the last time he saw the two races together.

((I was hoping Gorgun could have been farther away, but meh.))

Gorgun stopped again as he heard a large thump of something large landing. Great, another dragon to worry about. He really didn't have the equipment or men to do that. So, ge once more began to fade away into the woods, this times towards a road, and towards a half giant that he doensn't know about just yet.

Al looked at Zephair as she manuvered around the parger dragon. "What does he want?" he asked her. Then the other dragon flew off to land. "Now why would he do that. Curious." he continued.

(@Uroboros here is a chance for you to get involved. @Elfangor you going to continue?)

( Seriously I work 12 hour days guys I am getting there.Reply as soon as possible. )

Death to all betrayers

She sighed and flew down to see him. She sighed and looked around." So what do you want I don't have all day." She growled in his mind. She growled and sighed."Sorry Al but I have no Idea what he wants. That is what I want to know stay on my back I don't trust him." She said. She glared at him and sighed." What do you want?" She snapped at the older dragon.

Death to all Betrayers

"Silence..." Tarvok said quietly and continued to examine the area. "There is an elf and orc around here....i would like to see a fight." He grinned and craned his neck. "It has been a long time since i last saw the two races interact. Before i left, there were tensions between the two races, and i want to see how it has developed." Tarvok turned to face Zephira and looked at the rider on her back. "See, i was correct, you are a slave."

"How is this a slave I am protecting him from you. Over grown reptile." She snapped in his mind."why shush me I am not even talking. Now I am leaving if you don't even have anything to tell me" she said and went to take off. She hated being called a slave.

Death to all Betrayers

Aria blinks in surprise. The dragon can talk. It's the first time she's heard a creature like him talk to someone before, but judging from its eyes and the wide scales on his back, the dragon is probably centuries old. He has learned the language, and he's lived long enough to master it. Aria is actually quite surprised at its presence. Dragons like him don't just appear out of thin air. Raiku might not compare to him, but they're also somewhat similar in terms of legends.

That's right. It's unusual for a dragon like Raiku to fly. Wings help balance its weight, and without it, flying might be difficult. Aria pats Raiku on the head, and the dragon snorts at the contact. "We're terribly sorry for interrupting your slumber," she says. Raiku draws closer to her, but his protectiveness has been drawn away. He's decided that Buras isn't a threat. "I'm Aria, and this is my friend, Raiku." She smiles sheepishly. "Although, you probably already know that."

Vokul soared through the air with his black tail following in a wavy motion. He roared with his dark voice as it belonged to his morning routine then looked down on the ground below him. A large shadow swept over the land, his own shadow. There, just below him, he could see several creatures passing by. Everything from birds to orcs. Vokul shrugged the thought off and lowered himself closer to the treetops. The black scales on his back reflected the sunlight almost like a mirror, and let the sunlight fall down like little stars on the leaves.

After a while of simply gliding through the air, he dove downwards in a graceful move and folded his wings by his sides. He managed not to tear down a tree on his way down. You see, this was often a misstake he did, afterall he was kind of big. Vokul shrugged his back and crawled up the closest hill, or well, small mountain would be a better word. When he placed his wings just above him, you could almost misstake him for a part of the mountain. There in silence he sat and looked down at the forest below.

"Oh no, not at all. I do little else but sleep." tge word sleep filled with contempt. He was a wanderer in his youth. But age had slowed him down to a crawl, and that was limited to when his body told him to sleep. "It is rather nuce to speak to something that doesn't run at first sight of you." he continued as he crashed through the tree line to be fully visible before flopping down, careless of what his size did to the ground. "But something still bothers me about you two. How did you not see me?" Of course, his scales did have patches of moss on them, and they did look pretty dark as it was. But a moving hill in the middle of a relatively flat forest was an odd sight ti say the least. Then again, they had flown.

Gorgun had successfully snuck away from that gathering, and was now striding down the road to some city or another. Human names were so hard to pronounce and harder to remember. That was when he heard two things, and saw one. The one thing he saw, was a small looking giant walking towards him. He felt the ground shake at it's every step. And he heard a dragon roar.

After a while in silence, a while in peace and quiet, he saw something not too far away from where he sat. A grey creature walking on the small road just below the small mountain. Vokul grinned slightly, or at least what seemed like slightly. A dragons smile wasn't too wide, they were in fact pretty hard to notice. His wings slowly stretched out om each side of his body, wings large enough to cover a smaller building. He craned his neck with a cracking noise and slowly sneaked down from the cliff he just sat on. The figuer that seemed to look like a large rock suddenly crawled downwards. And no, he wasn't an air-head, he knew that the orcs were stronger than humans and elves. But the fact that made him move from his spot was that the days of isolation had really gotten to his bad side. And besides, he was curious about this little one, curious about it's strength.

Elfangor arrived at the entrance to the old mine some hours after he left the city, an unexciting trip. It was a small opening, framed in ancient wood.

There's no way Vulcan could fit through there...he must have his own door, good to know

The thief entered the worked tunnel, passing turnoffs but ignoring them. He suspected the dragon would be as deep as possible, and soon the straight-cut walls and timber supports disappeared. This new area was rough and at times looked unstable. Elfangor began to tread even lighter than usual.

The air grew hotter as the dark-clad man descended, and after rounding a sharp turn in the passage Elfangor noticed a glow far away.

This "side entrance" is most likely watched by Vulcan, so if I find a turnoff I should follow it and try to find another route...

(@Beowolf could you take it from there, set the scene?)

((I will set the scene from Vulcan's point of view. But the side passages, if any, are up to you.))

Vulcan was watching that passage. From all he knew, that was the only entrance that a human could fit through. At most, a troll could probably squeeze itself in that hole that was a tunnel. In fact he had a few surprise snacks that way. Where he laid, simply put, was in a pool of lava. As he aged, the cold seemed to have seeped into his bones, making him even more bitter and greedy if nothing else. The happiest he ever was, was in that small pool he could only just fit in. Behind him, lay the large opening that he used to enter and exit the tunnel.

Beowulf said:
"Oh no, not at all. I do little else but sleep." tge word sleep filled with contempt. He was a wanderer in his youth. But age had slowed him down to a crawl, and that was limited to when his body told him to sleep. "It is rather nuce to speak to something that doesn't run at first sight of you." he continued as he crashed through the tree line to be fully visible before flopping down, careless of what his size did to the ground. "But something still bothers me about you two. How did you not see me?" Of course, his scales did have patches of moss on them, and they did look pretty dark as it was. But a moving hill in the middle of a relatively flat forest was an odd sight ti say the least. Then again, they had flown.
@hisokun

@Peachypants we are moving on. I don't want you to wait fkr to long.))

Gorgum looked around, searching for the dragon that had made that noise. His nose flared, trying to catch a wiff of dragon, hopefully helping him point out where the dragon was. But his nose was of no use, and neither was the wind. So, he took out his iron strapped bone war club. What kind of bone, you may ask. Well, it looks like a femur (femor? Phemur?) if either an elephant, or a very large dire deer.

Tarvok let out a loud sigh and spread his wings. "This generation is useless, if you cannot understand what i am doing, then someone should clip your wings." He took off into the air and hovered for a few seconds before flying back to his cave. After a few minutes of flying Tarvok landed and slowly made his way into the cave, once he reached the back, Tarvok dived into the mound of gold and slowly fell asleep.

Vokul whipped his tail as he continued to crawl towards the orc. The color of his scales almost made him blend in with the ground below, if you didn't look close enough you would probably only see a pair of yellow eyes and something dark moving around. The orc came closer for every step he took and after a while was perfectly clear. Vokul stopped and stretched himself upward as a way of revealing himself. "To whom might I have the pleasure to speak with?" He said completely out of the blue and whipped his tail around him.

@Beowulf

"I'm used to dragons," Aria admits. Although, the dragons she has seen is nothing compared to the one in front of her. This dragon is bigger, more powerful; the thing is practically a legend. Raiku has also made a name for himself. The villagers are afraid of him because of what he can do, the power he has hidden in the quiet nature of his being. He doesn't attack on impulse, but he does protect the things and people he cares about. As of the moment, Aria is his top priority. Even Aria knows that as well. Raiku steeps closer to Aria's palm, draping her hand on the top of his head. Aria turns back to the old dragon in front of them. "I don't know," she replies. "We must've overlooked you when we were heading here." But there's also a possibility that Raiku's eyesight is still not the best. He's been having problems with it ever since Aria met him. She's still trying to figure out why.

"What is your name?" Aria asks. "And aren't legendary dragons supposed to keep hidden?"

Gorgun was completely unaware of the dragon. That is, until it stood up and began to speak to him. Whirling around, club raised, he looked at the dragon. It was perfect, the scales a near complete shade of black, and the skull was the right size. Wait a second, it just talked. He frantically searched his mind for what that meant. Old, was what he found. And what did it ask him again? Something about pleasure and speaking. "Me, Gorgun." he said proudly, smacking his fist against his chest.

(@Peachypants)

-----

"Hidden?" Buras scoffed. "I might as well die then. No, we keep up with the world as best we can until it kills us." he stated bitterly. His anger was starting to run away with him, he realized, and tightly reigned it in. "My name is Buras. I have been through a lot, and plan to go through much more. Do you see this around my neck?" he asked, pointing out a white scar of scales circling his neck. "I believe this was from the Iron War. Some elves had the idea to try and make me their pet." Once more, he scoffed at the idea. "They didn't bet on me being the stubborn being that I am. And this is from a Draco shot. Some dwarf thought me a danger to his mines and managed to land a good shot." he said pointin to a roughly round scar on his chest. "As you can see, I am not much one for hiding."

(@hisokun )

"Gorgun.. I always find the orcs' names hard to pronounce" Vokul grinned and walked in a circle around the orc. He reached his head down towards the ground to get a better look at the creature and let it lead his way. The claws on his feet scraped the ground below him for every thep he took and created some kind of pattern. "Why don't you put the club down, I have to say that it makes me quite uncomfortable." Vokul said with his dark voice while stopping his pace of walking. He reached hsi wings upwards to stretch but quickly pulled them back closer to his body. He could tell by the look on the orc's face that there was something going on. The orc didn't seem like he just wanted a talk, more like it had the intention of killing him. But despite that, Vokul kept his mouth shut and sat down, whipping his tail loosely in a circle just around the orc.

((@Beowulf))

Gorgun kept his front facing the dragon's head. He had to step around in a small circle to do that, but he did it anyway. His eyes constantly darted between the claws and the mouth, not sure which one it would strike with first. Then it asked him to put down his club. "Gorgun does what Gorgun want with Gorgun's Club." the capital was clear in the way he spoke. Unconciously ge hefted his club, makig sure he had a good grip on his club. He had to catch it off guard, that was all he had planned out.

((@Peachypants ))

Vokul glared a little at the orc. "Now, I prefer not to ask again. Please put your club down" He said and craned his neck upwards, making him seem even taller. In the corners of his mouth, tiny black flames sipped through but then disappeared in thin air. He was always on his guard, and close to never took anything for granted. There was no point in arguing that Gorgun had something up his sleeve. The way that the orc looked up and down Vokul's teeth and claws made it quite clear that he was either planning an attack or trying to avoid it.

((@Beowulf ))

Noticing the flames, he hastily changes his plan from running at it screaming to something else. "Fine. Gorgun put down Gorgun's Club." he said slowly. Bending down to seamingly put the club down, he quickly straightens back up and throws it under hand before running after it. It wasn't a good throw, but it wasn't meant to be a good one. Just to be a good distraction is all.

((@Peachypants))

Vokul lifted his head up further away from the orc and pulled back his tail that were recently swirled around the orc's legs. With a haste ha stood up and unfolded his wings in case he needed to get away. But when he thought about it, without the club the orc would probably be quite vulnerable. Vokul's eyes darted towards where the club had landed. "Oh no you don't" He growled in a low tone and began to he himself sprint after it. He swung his wings back and forth to build up more speed.

((@Beowulf ))

Orcs were never smart in the first place. When their god, Urkos, created them, he never thought about making them smart. All that concerned Urkos was to make them strong. But as the years progressed, the orcs seemed to have made up for their lack of wits, with shear insanity when it comes to fighting. And Gorgun proved it right now. He saw the dragon running in the direction of his club as well, and made a course correction. Mouth open, lower tusks gleaming in the light, he screamed wordlessly at the dragon as he ran full tilt at it, and then jumped, aiming to grab a hold on one of the horns or spikes, or anything.

((@Peachypants ))

((@hisokun top post. Second paragraph.))

"Yeah," Aria says softly. "Yeah, I can see that." Her eyes travel to the various scars on Buras' scales - the wounds that dress him up, the gashes that surround his body like a decoration. Her gaze is now directed at Raiku, the only one she can actually call a friend. They have this trust between them that sparks like a storm cloud. Their fingers are attached like red strings. Aria doesn't know how she'll react if ever Raiku gets hurt. People are afraid of dragons because they don't know how to deal with them. The people in the village either stray away from Raiku or attack. Raiku doesn't hurt people, unless he's being tortured. She curls her fingers around Raiku's lower jaw, holding him close. "Do you have a human friend or a master?"

"Don't speak to me about masters, young whelp." 'Temper, Buras.' he thought to himself and shook his head as if to shake away something filthy. "I do not have many friends as it is. Humans, elves, dwarves even pass by in the blink of an eye to some dragons. I have had a few, however, and they are long since dead." he told her. He had no need for friends, all they wanted was to say that they could walk up to a dragon like Buras and not get eaten. Or so he told himself anyway. "As it is, others of my kind at oeast respect me." that was stated with a quick glance at Raiku. "And I'm simply to big for most creatures to approach me. As it is, I'm surprised you didn't run."

((@hisokun ))

Last edited by a moderator:
Vokul reached the club and lightly pressed his paw against it without actually destroying it. But as he stopped, something seemed far too different. The orc that just ago were running towards the same destination as he did was now gone. Vokul glared around himself before he caught a glimpse of something falling just above him. The grey skin of the creature made it clear that it was the orc he was looking for. The black dragon's eyes widened ever so slightly when he saw what Gorgun was headed to. He hadn't seen any orc so clever in quite a while. Most of them were just hot-heads desperate for a fight. But then again, they were orcs. Vokul quickly tried to avoid the orc by simply raising his head far up in the sky and hope that the orc would fall down below.

((@Beowulf ))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back