• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Tipping the Scales

Soviet Panda

Red Panda Commanda.
Roleplay Type(s)
Dragons are very much alive and well in Auraxis. They are everywhere, from the smallest hamlets of Morrowdin, to the rugged mountains of Coras. And they do not just live, they thrive. There are other races, of course, from all myths and legends. From the regal Elves to the autonomous Dwarves. The intellectual Humans, to the dumbest of trolls. They all exist here, and they all live in harmony, well enough any way. They never see eye to eye, and often fight over the simplest thing. So, they divided themselves into three factions. Elves, Dwarves, and Humans. Dwarves in the mountain, Elves in the forests, and Humans in the planes. The Dragons, those able to think and talk beyond wanting food and a place to sleep, rejected the chance of an empire of their own, deciding to work with them all. Now, there are trainers, riders, and a variety of other things. Including slayers and hunters.

Grogun crept through the woods. He had set out on his True Naming quest for who knew how long ago. But, he was determined to get what he wanted, and what he wanted was a dragon. He thought he had smelled one somewhere around here, a sulphurous smell that burned the nose and churned the stomach. It would make for a nice set of armor.

Buras rested. That was most of an elder dragon's life. That, and eating. But that didn't mean he wasn't aware of what happaned around him. The careful steps of a deer near by, thinking that he was a part of the landscape no doubt. The beat of bird wings, possibly sparrow or a finch of some sort nearby. The tud-tud-tud of a woodpecker trying to find some grub in a tree. And something else, something to far off to make much sense of.

Mika laughed joyfully as he ran through the field Happy flying above. The grass tickled his feet and the wind blew around him pinking his skin and blowing his hair and dress back. Happy let out a roar hearing Mikas laughter as he flew through clouds. It felt good to stretch his wings and have fun with his rider. He glanced down an idea coming to mind and flew down to settle in front of Mika causing him to come to a stumbling hault.

Confused Mika petted his snout softly speaking."What's wrong Happy?"

Happy reared up before allowing himself to fall back down stretching his wings. Beggingly he looked down at Mika. "Let's go for a ride."

Blinking Mika felt a smile blossom across his face as he eagerly nodded."Alright. Lets do it."

Roaring Happy bent to allow Mika to climb on his back. Mika did so giggling happily and gripped Happys hair lightly. He trusted Happy not to drop him. Encouragingly he urged."Let's fly!"

Roaring with excitement Happy took off. In the forest surrounding the field Mikas clan mates and fellow elf's looked up and smiled when they heard his gleeful laughter and saw them flying overhead. Hopefully they will always be graced with that laughter.

Zephira stood and stretched her wings. She yawned and stood up. She shook her scales out and looked about as she lumbered over to her Rider and nudged him with her head. Zephira frowned at him and spoke in his mind."come on Lazy bum, I dont want to stay here to long."She said and stretched out her wings.

Zephira dug into the dirt with her clwas and yawned. She layed her body on the ground as she waited for her rider. Zephira wanted to fly stretch her wings.

Death to all betrayers

Hearing Zephira speak about wanting to leave, he responded simply by grunting. He felt tired, which was strange in itself considering he was usually bouncing off of the walls looking for something, what ever that something was. But he was geared up for a ride, harness jingling and straps swaying as he got up. "Might as well go out for a fly about. Maybe we'll find something interesting." His form of interesting was a shiny rock that he didn't know why it sparkled so.

It was getting closer, Buras thought half in and half out of sleep. It sounded like a young one, barely large enough to fly perhaps. It was often hard to tell with wing beats. But it shouldn't he able to bother him, he was simply to big for most things to bother.

They've been flying for a while now. Aria keeps on urging Raiku to drop for a few minutes, to rest his body, but she's fully aware of what the dragon is capable of. And Raiku is more comfortable in the air than on the ground. Aria clasps her fingers around Raiku's horns as the dragon's body waves in a fluid motion. "Don't fly too far up," Aria warns. "Or I'm going to fall off." The dragon grunts in response. Aria knows that Raiku misses his domain. His body has gotten used to the temperate in the air, but it's too cold for Aria to handle. Besides, she's forgotten to put on her straps, and it's too late to arrange them now.

After a few minutes, Raiku's stomach grumbles. Aria tries to hide her laughter, but Raiku twists in the air, sensing her mockery. "All right, all right!" Aria exclaims. "Jeez. Always so pissed off." She taps his head, her fingers running down the length of his nose. "Come on. Let's go get some berries."

They land in the forest seconds later. Raiku coils up on the ground, his tail lashing at the trees. She hops off her dragon, but she immediately halts. She scans her surroundings, glancing at Raiku for approval. "Someone's here."

Elfangor walked through the crowded, dirty streets of whatever this city's name was. He had been in so many different places it was hard to keep track, and he was on a mission anyway. Elfangor needed information on a dragon hoard nearby.

Seeing a pub, the thief walked in a scoped the place out. We'll start simple, the bartender, he thought. Elfangor walked over to the bar and ordered a drink. "How's it going, sir?" he asked the pudgy man behind the counter. "Not too bad, and yerself?"

"I'm actually looking for some help in an endeavor I'm making. Would you happen to know anything about the dragon Vulcan or where I could find someone who does?"

The bartender froze at the name Vulcan, but quickly and smoothly went back to cleaning out the mugs. "I heard the name. That's all I know. Now are you going to buy something, or you going to ask more questions. But then something must have gotten into him, because he leaned closer to the man. "Look, I can't say much, eyes and ears are everywhere. My best advice, stay out of it, and pretend like you never heard the name." Yes, that sounded very suspicious.

Gorgun froze as a dragon landed nearby, and nearly stopped breathing as another creature stepped off of it's back. It didn't have wings like he would have wanted, but it would have to do. But first, the rider. They had landed for a reason, and a dragon couldn't go as many places as it's rider. So, easing his simple bow from around his back into his hand, he notches an arrow, and waits for an opening.

Tarvok craned his neck and examined his surroundings as a sound rung out in the distance. "What is that horrible sound? It seems someone has come to visit me, or something else is happening." He sighed and stood up, a large amount of coins slid off his back as he exited the giant mound of gold. The sound turned out to be a small animal that had wandered into his cave, Tarvok slowly crawled out of the cave and decided to see what the world had for him today. After a few minutes of standing in the sun Tarvok took to the sky and let out a loud roar that could be heard for miles by almost everyone. He kept ascending until the ground disappeared and it was likely no one would see him.

Uro awoke to the crunching of leaves nearby. He peered out of the cave he was resting in to see a large deer feeding outside. Needing to eat he rolls out and charges at the deer, killing it with a single swift blow. After finishing his meal Uro walks back onto the road leading to the next town. He was sent on a bounty to kill a fire dragon that had been tormenting the country side for months. Although the bounty was hefty he never planned to return the dragon's head and treasure to the lord who placed it. Uro could gain much more by keeping the hoard for himself and by selling the dragon's parts. Now to find where this dragon lives and how to defeat it easily.

Beowulf said:
Hearing Zephira speak about wanting to leave, he responded simply by grunting. He felt tired, which was strange in itself considering he was usually bouncing off of the walls looking for something, what ever that something was. But he was geared up for a ride, harness jingling and straps swaying as he got up. "Might as well go out for a fly about. Maybe we'll find something interesting." His form of interesting was a shiny rock that he didn't know why it sparkled so.
@Gilmoregirl12

Oh yes, something was certainly making noise. Between a roar and flapping wings, there was little else jt could be but a dragon. 'I guess I cannot just lie here all day. Oh no, it would be far to easy.' he thought to himself as he slowly uncurled and got up, the ground shaking slightly at his steps. If he craned his neck, he probably could have looked over the tree tops. As it was, his horns could have been taken fir branches of a dead tree.

Tarvok landed at the closest clearing near his current location and examined the area. "No harm could come to me here, it seems i am all alone." He smiled, or as much as a dragon could anyway then laid down. All Tarvok wanted to do was lay in the sun for a bit, he was unaware that someone was probably watching him. He began to get lost in his thoughts so now he was completely unaware of his surroundings. "I am going to be in this area for a while, if i could have brought my hoard, i would feel allot better." Tarvok thought to himself then slowly closed his eyes.

(This person been working needed sleepy time. )

Zephira let out a small purr like rumble to say she was pleased. She got up and turned letting him climb on. She always gave him a boost up on to her back. When he was up Zephair ran at full speed and her wings helped her take off. She soared through the air and let out a loud screech like below. She flew over head and swooped low then gained altitude. She almost forgot sometimes her rider was on her back. She smiled and slowed down a bit."sorry you okay back there."She asks in his mind.

Death to all betrayers

Al (let's be honest, I'll never remember the full name) barely got to straps hooked into place before they were off. When she ove down, he left the seat of the saddle and came back down hard. "Yep, I'm fine." he grunted, his bottom feeling not fine. As they continued to fly, he continued to strap himself in, which led to him lying flat on her back but still aboe to look over her sides and see the ground below. It was much easier fir dragons to fly this way, so people say, because it allowed them to bend more while in flight providing much better turning circles.

Tarvok sighed as a dragon that was nearby let out a roar. "Why can i not get any sleep? I thought this was a spot i only knew about." He stood up and stretched his wings, he let out a roar as if to say, "This is my territory, back off!" Tarvok looked up into the air and saw the dragon flying nearby with someone on its back. "What a child, a dragon that is being used as a slave." He chuckled and shot up into the air, after a few seconds he quickly caught up with Zephira and Al.

Zephair was flying about giving him time to buckle in. She happily flew about till a Dragon caught up to them. She growled at him and hid her rider from sight. She knew she couldn't take on this Dragon with her rider on her back.She looked at the Dragon. "What do you want. "She asked in his mind. She only used telepathy with any one. She flapped her wings and watched this Dragon. She was a young Dragon, but still deadly.

Death to all betrayers

Last edited by a moderator:
After listening to the bartender, Elfangor just nodded and ordered a lunch. He sat down at a table in the corner and began to listen to the various conversations around the room. If Vulcan warranted that much of a response from the bartender, the thief would probably hear the name eventually.

And he did. It turned out that Vulcan was somewhat of a tyrant around here, attacking the town if a tribute was not paid. The dragon was an average red, horns and spikes with a dash of maliciousness and cleverness. Elfangor also found where Vulcan made his home: an abandoned mine about ten miles outside of the city.

This will be challenging, but that's why I decided to start doing it. I'll suit up and get started...

The thief left the city and changed in the forest. His "public" shirt, pants, and shoes (simple attire made out of simple material) were replaced with darker, finer versions (his "work clothes"), with light leather armor beneath. Elfangor strapped on his dagger and hefted his backpack, which contained climbing materials, food and water, simple medical supplies, and other odds and ends (leaving enough space for loot), onto his back.

Let's go...

((@hisokun there is a rather large dragon named Buras just poking his head above the treeline.))

Al looked over, and bis eyes nearly popped out of his head at what he saw. Another dragon, a much bigger dragon to. What in the name of Grace was it doing here. "Don't do anything rash." he told Zephair telepathically. "Just tell him to either piss off or leave yourself." he continued, contradicting himself with what he just told her.

((@kira blackthorn there is an orc named Grogun nearby, why don't you go and say hello to him.))

Grogun had remained still for what seemed like minutes, waiting fir them to do something. But orc nature of hit now think later was strong, so he eventually began to slowly move towards the clearing.

Tarvok came even closer to the dragon that was trespassing on his territory. "You are not in an area you should be! This is my zone, leave now unless you seek knowledge." He said telepathically to Zephair then let out an ear shattering roar. "I will give you two minutes to decide if you seek knowledge or, you are going to leave. If you choose neither i will make sure the wolves find you." Tarvok smiled, or as much as possible for a dragon, as he saw Al. "A tiny little human, i do not see why you allow him to ride around. Are you a slave?" He said telepathically once again.

Zephira glared at him. "I am no slave. He saved me all I know. And I was flying wasn't going to land so back off." She snapped in his brain. She went to fly around him she had to try and do it with out exposing her rider to this dragon. She flew around him eventually and kept going. She had a need to protect him more then her own life.

Death to all Betrayers

"You are obviously not aware of how certain things work in this society! This is my place in general, you should not be around here unless you are seeking me. My place in this world is different than yours, i do not fly around transporting people, i catalog events." He telepathically said then prepared himself to pull Zephira to the ground if she did not leave. "Would you like me to define slave? I could easily do that for you, and then you will see how horrible your life is."

Mika giggled happily gripping Happys hair lightly and feeling the wind rush past him. It blew his hair back and played with his dress. Happy let out a happy roar. Beaming he looked down at the forest below and something strange caught his eye. There was another dragon and rider pair not far from an orc. Frowning he tapped Happy with his heel silently telling him to go down. Curious happy complied and flew to land next to the other pair watching them warily. Neither of them knew if they were friend or foe.

Silently grabbing his bow and arrows Mika jumped off Happy landing in a crouch on the ground. Standing he looked at the other pair curiously. "You are aware that there's a Orc nearby correct?"

Raiku doesn't say anything back, but he quickly slithers to Aria's side, protectively curling his tail loosely around her frame. His dark eyes zoom from left to the right, as if he's waiting for something to appear. Aria watches him closely. Raiku doesn't usually protect her from other dragons, simply because he knows that she's fully capable of doing so. But right now . . . It's like he knows the vast power of the creature looming over them, and the difference between their abilities.

Smoke exits out of his nostrils as he finally glances up. Aria follows his gaze and almost gasps. Above them, a large dragon is hovering overhead. Its huge frame is beyond comparable. Raiku bends his head down, almost in respect, but his form is still tense, ready to attack if ever there is a threat. Aria's chest compresses in fear and exhilaration. "Who are you?"

In the depths of an old cave the black dragon were resting, all curled up. Some would say that he looked like a really big rock. But no, if you looked close enough you would see a fair of wings and scales that decorated the skin of the dragon. Vokul, as the dragon was called, open the yellow glowing eyes of his and began to stand out. For every move he made, a cracking noise could be heard from the stiff bones of his. The scales on his skin pointed upwards when he stretched out his back but quickly fell back down again. Once his whole body ws back to its flexible self he headed towards the exit. It was hard to find in the dark tunnels, but if you followed the light it would lead you to the base of the waterfall. It was behind this waterfall that you would find the entrance to his cave.

Voluk swept through the stream of water that poured down his neck then down his back but quickly shook it off once he was completely out of the cave. He turned his head towards the daylight and grinned towards the sun before reaching out his wings with a cracking noise. He swung them back and forth until he threw himself up in the air.

((Got the two of you mixed around. Oh well, what happens happens.))

Buras looked down at the noise. He hadn't even noticed the human or elf, they were rather similar to him, and dragon standing almost at his feet. "Oh, terribly sorry if I frightened you. I'm surprised you didn't see a sleeping dragon, especially you." he said calmly, the last directed at Raiku. "A dragon without wings. But I'm guessing you can still fly. I have not seen one of your kind in, centuries I believe." he said thoughtfully to himself. He took Raiku's nod of respect as almost a part of nature.

Gorgun immediately fell silent at the sight of another dragon, and a cursed elf. And the elf apparently had spotted him. So, deciding three dragons, a rider, and an elf were to much for him. So he faded into the background as best he could and moved away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back