Advice/Help Time limit CLOSED No more replies

loveablelorrie

Roleplay Lover Seeks Good Storyline
How many days do you give a new roleplay to start before you release the taken charecters and realized you've been ditched. As in you sent starter and waiting for reply .

Ive got two characters on hold waiting for roleplay to start for them ?

My sympathies if you were ditched.

I personally give Roleplays around two weeks on inactivity before I withdraw. I feel as though that's a perfectly reasonable amount of time to at least say something OOC even with real life circumstances. I would say that it really depends from person-to-person though! Feel free to accept that you've been ditched after the agreed amount of posting time has passed. If there was no agreed posting speed, then I would say that seven days without a response is pretty fair. That may just be me though.

A month. I'm pretty lenient since I realize people have lives.

Im also tired of being rejected cause of stupid grammer and punctuation issues . people need not focus so much on that .

Not to be rude at all, but if you know that you don't have the best grammar or punctuation skills, then maybe you can mention that in your search thread? Or even include an example of a reply so your potential partners can see what they should expect from you.

Im also tired of being rejected cause of stupid grammer and punctuation issues . people need not focus so much on that .
People are allowed to have their preferences just as you're allowed to have yours. c: You shouldn't force someone to eat grapes if they don't enjoy them. You cannot change their preferences, and it is rude to try. Be kind <3

How many days do you give a new roleplay to start before you release the taken charecters and realized you've been ditched. As in you sent starter and waiting for reply .

Ive got two characters on hold waiting for roleplay to start for them ?

I tend to give my partners a week. I will send a question (ex. Hey is everything okay?) then wait two days before ending the roleplay.

I also find that it's helpful to ask before you start roleplaying - hey how often can you post? how long do you want me to wait before moving on?

Because sometimes people have stuff come up or they might be able to reply only on specific days or whatever.

Why would i do that? To me that doesn't matter what matters is the story . not gonna let others reject me more than they do already

But to many people it does matter. If you include an example or say what skills you're lacking in, then only people who are alright with what you can offer will contact you about role playing.

Otherwise you'll get people who expect something that you can't do and it'll be a waste of your time and their time.

Last edited:
Why would i do that? To me that doesn't matter what matters is the story . not gonna let others reject me more than they do already
Excuse me, but... Them rejecting you is THEIR decision, not yours. By neglecting to inform them of how you prefer to roleplay, you are intentionally withholding information from them as a means to manipulate them into RPing with you. That's not good biz to get into.

People are allowed to have their preferences just as you're allowed to have yours. c: You shouldn't force someone to eat grapes if they don't enjoy them. You cannot change their preferences, and it is rude to try. Be kind <3

Yep. There's many people on this site I'll probably never RP with, simply because we don't have any compatibility.

Didn't think to ask that i was just so wanting to start

The way I look at it is this, would I want someone else to do this to me?

For instance would I be okay if someone contacted me to roleplay then it turned out that they only wrote replies in poem form once a month? And they don't mention that until I've already started to work on my character and prepare to make my opening post?

It's not about someone judging. It's about people being clear about their preferences so that you don't waste your time trying to start a roleplay that isn't going to work because you want different things.

Im not manipulating i just accept any partner that comes my way
Perhaps it would be wise to accept the fact that not all people are going to be as accepting. Some people are very picky, some people aren't. It's not wrong to be picky! It's just a preference.

I'd suggest approaching this with more patience. RPing can be like taking care of a pet - it often takes more planning than expected, it requires a lot of dedication, and sometimes it's just annoying. But I believe it's worth the patience and hard work. It seldom works out when done on a whim.

I usually tend to give my partners something like a month or so, maybe two months even PROVIDED that they are available OOC and there is something along the lines of a clear and reasonable excuse. While I understand that I am a very demanding partner and my style takes quite a bit of time for people to respond to, and I understand people having their own lives as well, at the very least I expect partners to keep up communication and be able to at least give me an idea of what's keeping them.

I would wait for a week before declaring the starter dead.
(But if it turned out I was wrong and a reply came in a few weeks along with an explanation, Id accept it and rp with the person.)

As for the grammar/punctuation issue, it does bother a lot of people (me included) and even though I sometimes tried to write with people who were not paying any attention to spelling at all, I eventually had to bow out, because it simply isn't enjoyable to me.
However, I do not know how I would have felt about it if the storyline had been excellent; in my experience, poor spelling and punctuation always went hand in hand with poor storytelling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back