• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Tigerborn, and other true stories. (most of the time)

Characters
Here
It was wise for Leon to wait. His opponent was trained differently then him. He was also a tad uncertain of how to fight a women. A moment of potential regret passed him as he wondered if he could forfeit this fight. However it would be a dishonor to him and his opponent. She rushed at him and he stepped back he raised his sword to block the first blow but in a flash the sword rounded and struck him in the side. His armor protected him as it should, but the impact still stung he did not back further away.

His training kicked in and he did not think but simply reacted, he stepped forward and used his height to bear down on Esmeralda. He took one hand of the hilt of his sword and swung a fist into her gut. He slashed his sword away to block her sword from hitting him again.

Clank! The short, but loud reverberating clatter of sword against armor chattered through Alyss’ body. She held her breath. Shoulders lifted as she took in air, then held it, certain that her knight would succumb to such a hit. Already? He only would make it this far? But her fears came with no foundation as his fist met the female knight’s gut and he pushed away her blade. “Yes!” Alyss shouted and about bounded from her seat. Her tail hit against her dress, but she paid it no mind as both her parents leaned from their seats and eyed her carefully.

“My, it would seems that Amare’s training invigorated a new fire in her,” her mother mumbled.

While the Queen appeared unsure of such reaction from a princess, the King showed a wide, proud grin. “Is that such a bad thing?”

Esmeralda held her ground. She let out a low grunt and clenched her teeth. Alyss hovered over her chair, unable to sit entirely in it as she watched the female knight retaliate. Instead of trying to round her blade from his, she pulled it back up, using the pommel to aim for his chin while she stepped forward practically into him.

While his focus remained on the fight he noticed movement from Alyss out of the corner of his eye. The temptation to turn and look at her flashed through his mind but his training held true, all that mattered now was the fight. Even the brief pause to stay on focus cost him, the pommel of Esmeraldas sword came up towards his chin, again she was surprisingly fast. He managed to lean slightly away but her fist still found a mark and met his chin. He lessened the blow by looking away. It still hurt and his teeth clicked together in pain.

He took a step back followed by another creating distance. He needed to reevaluate his attack. If he could land a solid hit he should be able to stop her.

Amare now having taken a break to sit and drink water returned to the edge of the arena shortly after Leon began the fight. He watched with a grim expression, Leon was good. Esmeralda was a quick and solid opponent. Her moves were well thought out. Leon backed away and he could see the uncertainty.

“Leon, Grab her!” He called out as loud as he could. “You weigh at least double her.” Calling out to his friend in encouragement was only half the point. He wanted Esmeralda to think she knew what tactic would come next. Leon and he through there various bouts and fights had developed a code of sorts. A way to tell each other how to best there foe without actually saying the truth of the matter.

Leon stuck his blade out straight and held a new pose keeping his blade up in the way of Esmeralda, waiting for another move.

Alyss stood now, grabbing the sort of balcony in front of her just as she heard her brother shout at Leon. She turned her head toward where she heard such, just as arms of gusts rushed past her. Lifting her hair and cloak. She soaked in the crisp wind, able to withstand it better than she did yesterday.

Then, she heard movement again and missed what Esmeralda had done, but now the two had switched places. “Has anyone won?” she asked with haste.

“No, they both still stand,” her father answered.

“Good,” Alyss’ voice merely breathed out while her eyes kept glued to the two once more. Esmeralda moved forward again, going straight for his torso. Seemingly a clumsy move until she just barely kinked wrists to attempt to slice at his arms. Keeping far more distance than she had before.

Leon heard Amare call to him. This time he did not allow himself to look away or notice anything else. He heard Amare’s comment and he gave a half nod as his only response. The crowd drew into a silence as the two paired off again. Esmeralda lunged at him and this time he waited a hair longer to respond her feint was effective but he used his bracer to bat away the sword. Now was his turn for a burst of speed. He turned and raised his other arm and grabbed her dominant sword arm.

He did not hold long rather he applied pressure and swung her by the arm and pushed his knee into hers. She would either have to risk her knee arm or take a fall.

It was as though the entire crowd inhaled at once and the wind came to a stop. A soft clink echoed from blocking her sword and he managed to snatch her arm in return. Still it stood silent. Especially from Alyss who could about topple off the side of the balcony with how much she attempted to get a closer look. Esmeralda tried to continue to move, but he pushed her further into a conundrum. There was, as far as Alyss could tell, nothing that the female knight could do.

Esmeralda pushed her forearm into his chest, trying to get him off of her, then slid her arm along him. Going until she twisted her torso. It looked awkward from Alyss’ point of view. Then, the most unbelievable happened. The female knight dropped her sword. She let out an, “Rahh!” and tried to turn her torso more than it’d allow her. Her closed her left hand, attempting to catch the handle of the sword into her free hand. Her fingers brushed against it. They pinched the pommel for only a moment and then came another clatter of it hitting the ground.

Alyss was mesmerized. For the first time fully pulled into match. Absorbed and unable to stop looking until her father uttered a scoff, “Foolish.”

Her weight shifted and he shuffled to match her new posture, he would not let her so easily slide away. However, the greater danger came when she dropped her sword. He was uncertain of her intent until it was too late to do anything to stop her. He held onto her arm still and tried to shift her away. However, she missed her sword by some miracle and he pressed his advantage. He stepped forward again and heaved against her arm with renewed effort. He put his back into the motion arching to try and topple her all while keeping a solid grip on his own sword.

Finally, the balance tipped in his favor and he threw her to the ground. He readied his sword and pointed it toward her. Not striking at her but showing that he could finish the fight.

Last edited:
And right after her father's statement on the battle, it was done. Just like that. "How much time has passed?" Alyss asked and turned toward her parents as Leon reached down to help the lady knight up.

"At most, two minutes. Likely just one, if you take into account the time they but looked and never clashed," the King said and rubbed at his chin.

"Two minutes? Only two?" Alyss gawked and walked backward to her chair before plopping into it. "I would assume a nychthemeron had passed. I forgot to breathe."

Her father leaned in his chair, looking past his wife with that same toothy grin. "Imagine how it felt being in the heat of it all. Wielding a sword. Dodging swings in return. Even a lady knight fought bravely. Imagine you Alyss, doing the same and--"

"She has aged well beyond her prime of learning such skills," the Queen cut in. "I agree that she should be skilled with weaponry for her own protection, but not so much as to march into war. She has a knight now who will fend for her."

Alyss gave the two a sheepish look and slunk back into her chair while the new pairing moved into the arena. She'd rather not partake in such a conversation, for even if her father so wished to see the possibility of his daughter to do the same, it simply was not in her own desires. However, she found it likely that she would view more fights and sparring. She would not mind learning strategies in order to rouse better conversation about such things.

The trials of combat continued. Alyss didn't regain her stance that she had while watching Leon, but her thoughts in her change stayed away from her mind. For the first time she was captivated by swords. One after another, coupling after coupling, until it was seen that all those who wished to participate had for the first round, leaving half from before. It had been less than the amount of people who ran the race. Some had already pooled out, others were prepared for the fact that they may never have a chance to hunt the silver tiger for never ranking.

It had been quick, all things considering, as half the day past by when Alyss figured the entire day would pass. Each battle had been far shorter than she imagined. "Take a moment to rest. Eat. Strategize or enjoy the festival. After the hour, we shall return for two more round and finish on the morrow."

There was a tense moment as Leon stared at Esmeralda who looked ready to spring up and continue the fight. However, as he leaned closer with the sword she let out a great sigh as she rested her head on the ground. Applause broke the silence between the two knights and Leon withdrew his sword and offered a hand to help Esmeralda up. Proud as Esmerald was she accepted the hand and was pulled up by the mighty Leon. He grunted at the newfound pain in his rib, "I'll have a bruise on my ribs for weeks." He admitted to her as his hand passed over the new dent in his armor.

Esmeralda grunted. "Someone as big as you?" She chuckled "You'll heal faster than my pride."

"I will, though you have plenty to be proud of." He led the way for them to exit the ring. "After all you raized Micah in your previous match. He used to be my better." Now having bested Esmeralda he supposed he was the now the better. The two carried on in polite chatter until they returned to the squires shook hands and went their separate ways. Amare met Leon with a mighty hug. "Good win Leon!" The two shared a happy moment before Leon cast his gaze toward Alyss. "Did she watch?" He questioned.

"She couldn't keep her eyes off you Leon." He said with a slight chuckle. Amare's smile disappeared quickly after. Thoughts of his sister were currently conflicting. Especially as he wondered how much longer she truly would be his sister.

Leon noticed the change of expression. "Are you ok?"

Amare looked away from his sister and returned his thoughts to present matters. "Nothing, I'm just thinking that you and I are likely to fight tomorrow. I'll have o be ready." He grinned. "let's get you checked out." He helped Leon to the apothecary and returned to watch the two remaining fight for the day. The duels went quickly with more knights from the kingdom of Navac proving victorious. There would only be three fights on the morrow. three from Navac one from Pinehrew and he and Leon representing Velthin.

After getting through the congratulatory crowds and well whisers he had a speedy dinner with his family and excused himself as soon seemed plausible. He went straight for the garden and entered the greenhouse where the Vigints were housed. He still wore his sword and some pieces of his armor. He paced in the small greenhouse as he muttered to himself in agitation. "Why would she off all people turn?" He looked up to plead with the watchers he assumed kept an eye on them. He wanted to spout profanities or anger. But he knew what would happen his sister would turn. He could not reverse the process and what was to follow, was hard to speak of.

Alyss' enthrallment did not dwindle and she kept her eyes on the matches the rest of the day. In the time of break, she returned to the room to check her body, to which she didn't notice any significant changes. Besides silver hairs she'd gained on her arms and legs. It didn't matter much though, they were far and few in between and her dress covered them altogether.

She wished to speak with Leon after the matches, but decided to opt out of it as finding him may take some time and she had other arrangements to attend to after dinner. A conversation she'd rather not have. Somehow, she'd survived the entire day with what felt like a whole new limb, her tail.

After changing her wardrobe again to something more comfortable, she left to meet her brother in the greenhouse. She dodged the few soldiers that guarded to gardens on the way. When she began to approach the small building, she came to a halt and furrowed her brows. Her sights settled just above the greenhouse, to which she rubbed the back of her hands against her eyes, blinked a few times and gazed back up. It appeared as though there was a blurriness above it. No matter how much she squinted and tried to figure out what it was, nothing explained why such was the case. "Perhaps I am tired," she muttered and strolled forward once more, using her key to unlock the door and step inside. With a sigh, she put the key about her neck and flicked her hair out from beneath it. "Hello Amare, how are you fairing after the battles?"

He stopped his pacing and muttering as he heard someone at the door. He faced the door with a determined look. His sister entered and he noticed her change of wardrobe, he looked her over but saw nothing that would betray her condition. "I am doing fine, a little sore. But no issue." He stepped closer to her. "How are you fairing? Any progression of the stripes?"

"None that I can see. Well," she clicked her tongue and pulled up her sleeves, "It is hard to tell, but my fine hairs have turned silver. Nothing too noticeable." Alyss tightened her lip and rolled the sleeve back down before clasping her hands. One holding the other, mostly to avoid showing how badly they'd begun shaking. "I fear that tomorrow I will be far too changed to attend the festival. And that the day after that, the hunt, I may be running." She paused for a few heart beats. "You must win Amare. For if you do, you shall be given the opportunity to hunt first. Take a section of the forest and make it yours, claim there is no beast there and I may hide."

"I fear the same. I do not know how much you will change tonight." He paused and rocked back on his heels. The real concern pressed on his mind and as much as he wanted to protect his sister. "What if you are not in control? What if the tiger takes over?" He blurted out. "Do you have a plan for that?"

Alyss glowered and straightened her back. "You've such a belief that I ever would? While we take up glass of strong drink, I consume my liquor, you let it consume you. If that is any show on whether or not it will control me, then you can be rest assured that such a situation will not occur."

He scowled at her backhanded comment. "This is not something so simple as Liquor" He countered. "Strong drink may take effect on me but consider what turning into such a beast may do to you. How can you know you will not lose control? " He stepped closer and pulled down one of her gloves. "If you are so in control can you turn back your stipes to flesh?"

Her glower grew and she tsked him upon pulling down a glove. She understood his intention, but she would have rather not gazed upon the marks once more. "Keep thine hands from off mine," she reeled her arms in and tugged the glove back on fully. "Appearance has no affect on the mind. It is still my eyes, my ears, my touch, my taste and my scent. I may look terrifying, but that doesn't mean I plan to act terrifying."

"I know you would not act like the Silver Tiger, but you may not be yourself on the morrow." It was frustrating to have to argue with his sister about something neither of them truly understood. But he wanted to protect the kingdom. Even if it was from something that was once his sister. His duty to the kingdom may even have to outweigh his desire to protect his sister.

"Then understand this." Her fingers rolled into fists and her shoulders tensed. The fact that he even fruited the thought that she may become no longer her pulled her across the grain. "If you attack me before first seeing my state of mind, I'll likely return with swats of my own for fear of my life. So please, when you see me, wait. Watch. Observe. For if my vocals fail me, I shall only have yours to rely on."

"This is a bitter cup." he sighed. He looked down to the ground for a time. "I suspect it is possible you may remain in control." He bit as his lip. "nothing is certain, except that day by day you are turning." He met her eyes again and tried to hold back the emotion of what would have to happen. "The kingdom will expect a Silver tiger to be slain in two days. If that does not happen..." He rubbed at his forehead in distress. "Then there will be chaos as people retreat to their kingdoms. The legend of the Silver Tiger shows that we have something to be afraid of. For whatever reason, the thing we fear is what you will become."

He gnashed his teeth in a final bout of anguish. "I'm sorry sister but you must be hidden tonight. Locked away. Do you understand?"

"Three," she corrected and lifted the correlating fingers, however he was still right with consideration on how her mother explained it. Sure there were three days, but they did expect two. She knew all this. She knew it all too well in fact, for her body was the very thing they'd be hunting. She sighed and shook her head, "I needn't hide. What would you say to the queen and king if their daughter is missing? Yes, it will happen eventually, but pushing that day to another would be in our best interest, would it not?" Her shoulder sunk and she took a moment to study her brother. "You feared that I may have sinned or done something to bring about this change. I do not believe such to be so, but I do tremble to wonder what would happen if our parents think the same as you. Their ears may be closed far more than yours."

"You change by the day, it will not take much more for you to be unable to hide what you are becoming. We should hide you now. What if a glove should slip or a servant comes into your room while you change? Perhaps your body no longer fits in your dresses on the morrow? We should take precautions now to make sure you are not discovered. Before you may become a danger." He paused they would need a good lie to keep her disappearance a secret. " We can claim you to be Ill. and say you are being attended by a servant. It would not be fit for people to see you. We shall claim some contagion has you so you cannot be visited."

She thought over his words, then thought over them again. Disputing other ideas in her mind and consistently returning to his. It may be the best option, but it wasn't that great either. "Very well. You should need to think of a servant to claim, for it may cause alarm if you can not utter a name. And what if my being changes in its entirely while you are not there? What shall I do if someone locates me before your return?"

"I can call upon my servant Cretis, he will obey me well and agree upon any tale I tell him. I will make it worth his while to further ensure he agrees." Amare rubbed together his fingers to signify the coin he would use to convince Cretis. "As for keeping you secret.." Amare spoke with a grin, "I have such a place. Though you may not approve of it entirely."

With a sigh, Alyss stated, "Whatever it may be, it shall have to do and I shall have to do with it. If I am to hide, we should return to my room and gather my things and take up food. While I'd like to do so now," Alyss pointed toward the mansion, though only walls surrounded them, "we cannot. Our parents would still be awake and the castle lively with servants. Come to my room when people have dwelled in their beds."

"That makes sense. We shall move you under the cover of darkness. The spot I have will take us outside the walls. But you will be safe I assure you. I will gather some supplies for you as well. Take only what you need. We must be swift and silent. I will make arrangements with Cretis." He would need to change out of his royal gear as well so they could better blend with the common folk. "I will meet you at your room near midnight. I shall tap on the door five times so you will know it is me and to come silently. I know my way around the guards." With his plan rolling out in his mind it all seemed set well enough. He would have to be the one with quick wit on the morrow. Answering the many questions of his parents and others who would be concerned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back