• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Tiamat's Awakening (D&D 5e Based Homebrew)

[QUOTE="The Nameless One]Part time plaza, part time monster truck Colosseum

[/QUOTE]
Now I just picture all the towns people moving to the outer edges of the town and watching as a siege beetle crushes large rows of wagons and stuff like that.

In comparison, it's 4 times bigger than the mansion you can summon (the door just appears, the mansion is on another plane, sort of a TARDIS type thing) with Mordenkainen's Magnificent Mansion (6th level spell), which says any layout that's no more than 50 cubes, each cube being 10 feet on each side... so if you had a one story square mansion, you could fit 4 of them in the Myrra plaza... and then holy hell, the baron's place is even bigger than that...I was just basing it off of real life measurements, because I can easily walk 1,000 feet in like 2 minutes (went to google maps and compared distances and what not) so I must have like a 40 feet walking speed irl xD

Last edited by a moderator:
@Naxtaroth not sure why I thought 10+Con+Dex off the top of my head. Thanks for the correction. Hope I wasn't thinking that when I made my character. Might have put my stats in the wrong places haha.

Yeah I knew that it made my skin a put blue and shiny, but I didn't like the idea of that so I was contemplating how I was going to work it in. I think I am going to do some kind of half scales, half tattoo back and shoulders situation.

For the sake of brevity and keeping things moving, I'll go ahead and get a post up about what happens once everyone is at the temple. We'll say around 9:30 the 3 who woke up at 9 stop waiting for the Aarakocra and Aasimar, head over to the temple to find them already waiting they're speaking with the High Priest. @Cashdash25 You can describe the whole waking up from trance thing and heading to the temple with LeviCi and Sadim along with responses to any info the High Priest gives in one post.

We can just say that the scaled appearance only comes forth when LeviCi is using his magic. While he is not actively reaching out to his sorcerous origins, his skin appears normal, maybe tattooed in appearance if you'd like, but when his magic comes forth he is either colored in half-scaled skin or hell, he could have the appearance of a dragonborn just without the lizard head, tail, clawed feet/hands, etc.

Also, I think I'm going to lessen the scale of that map xD it shouldn't take an entire 3 minutes to cross the central plaza of a village, I'm going to say each square is 10 feet and I'll just add an extra story to the tavern in order to accommodate all of the various parties of adventurers lol.

Naxtaroth said:
For the sake of brevity and keeping things moving, I'll go ahead and get a post up about what happens once everyone is at the temple. We'll say around 9:30 the 3 who woke up at 9 stop waiting for the Aarakocra and Aasimar, head over to the temple to find them already waiting they're speaking with the High Priest. @Cashdash25 You can describe the whole waking up from trance thing and heading to the temple with LeviCi and Sadim along with responses to any info the High Priest gives in one post.
We can just say that the scaled appearance only comes forth when LeviCi is using his magic. While he is not actively reaching out to his sorcerous origins, his skin appears normal, maybe tattooed in appearance if you'd like, but when his magic comes forth he is either colored in half-scaled skin or hell, he could have the appearance of a dragonborn just without the lizard head, tail, clawed feet/hands, etc.
Giant bulky muscly dragonborn body with a small man head is the greatest thing ever.

He wouldn't like grow in size, his skin would just turn to scales xD also dragonborn aren't necessarily larger than a human lol

Naxtaroth said:
He wouldn't like grow in size, his skin would just turn to scales xD also dragonborn aren't necessarily larger than a human lol
Yeah, but when ever I think dragonborn, I see giant big warrior guy with a huge ass battleaxe imitating a sic guitar riff on said battleaxe while breathing fire and shit.

lol... well the PHB says theyre quite larger than humans, well over 6 feet tall, so i was wrong xD Critical Role just sorta underplays them I guess lol

Naxtaroth said:
lol... well the PHB says theyre quite larger than humans, well over 6 feet tall, so i was wrong xD Critical Role just sorta underplays them I guess lol
Oh yeah, they're large. They're like Kobold body builders.

This is where things get interesting. A) @The Endergod and @ValkyrieRose can have the priest go ahead and inform them of the problem. I can open up a PM for this to happen, and then your characters can from there inform the other three party members about what's going on or B) you two can wait and then the priest will inform the entire group at once. In the hour or so of waiting you could just chit chat with the priest lol idk

Naxtaroth said:
This is where things get interesting. A) @The Endergod and @ValkyrieRose can have the priest go ahead and inform them of the problem. I can open up a PM for this to happen, and then your characters can from there inform the other three party members about what's going on or B) you two can wait and then the priest will inform the entire group at once. In the hour or so of waiting you could just chit chat with the priest lol idk
I'd like to do the first option.

I'll go ahead and say that Urreek and Senya decided to wait after Archibald showed him what he did, just so we can get things rolling, quite literally. @The Endergod @ValkyrieRose Go ahead and have them relay the little bits of info Archibald gave them and that Urreek found

i've also decided that rather than doing the checkpoint system of leveling, it'll feel a bit smoother if I do XP. Since we aren't doing a game with sessions, I can't really say "here's your XP for the session" so here's how I'm going to work it. It'll be sort of a hybrid between the two. Encounters will reward most of the XP. Anyone who has quick thinking and does really great in battle (outside of rolls, since those are randomly generated) will get 1.5x XP for the battle, and the one who delivers the final blow will get double XP. This is, of course, if they were active throughout the battle. Simply coming in last second and delivering the final blow won't reward extra XP. Then, for extra things outside of combat, once the party is finished in Myrra, I'll start rewarding extra XP for things like good roleplaying, quick thinking again, etc. I will also have XP penalties for becoming a murder hobo, doing things out of character, metagaming, etc. I expect none of these will be a problem in this group, however. Basically, the way those will work is similar to the extra XP out of combat, just negative. Then, during certain long rests, I'll have everyone apply their earned XP and level up. I won't necessarily wait until everyone levels up, because then whoever has the most XP is going to eventually be possibly waiting on enough XP that it puts them a level lower than they should. Though I do have these encounters planned by level, like I legit have a list that says Level 1: these encounters, Level 2: these encounters, so on and so forth. Of course, I'll go with the flow though. I think this will also provide room for more RP and what not between battles since I won't be relying on combat for 100% of my XP. Takes some work off my shoulders as well since that's less encounters I have to plan lol. We'll see how it works, I might have to tweak the multipliers for good combat strategy and final blow, but we'll see how it works :)

Well, LeviCi is about as perceptive as an angsty teenage on a family vacation. Sorry about the dice rolls in the IC. I'm not used to having a Tab just for that.

Grimsvald said:
Well, LeviCi is about as perceptive as an angsty teenage on a family vacation. Sorry about the dice rolls in the IC. I'm not used to having a Tab just for that.
I'm having Urreek be really unhappy with the two magically inclined people now.

IT's all good, to be fair I have lots of tabs here xD I just like having things in their separate places. TBH, I'll just cut and paste anything from IC to Dice Log myself, nothing too major. Anyone else ither than Urreek (since he made his survival check) is open to make Arcana checks now that the two proficient in Arcana have taken a go at it xD

Naxtaroth said:
IT's all good, to be fair I have lots of tabs here xD I just like having things in their separate places. TBH, I'll just cut and paste anything from IC to Dice Log myself, nothing too major. Anyone else ither than Urreek (since he made his survival check) is open to make Arcana checks now that the two proficient in Arcana have taken a go at it xD
It's especially ironic since those are draconic ruins, and the magic man with with draconic ancestry can't figure them out.

@Grimsvald You know what, because LeviCi is from the Draconic Bloodline and speaks Draconic, go ahead and roll an Intelligence check to see if he can decipher at least what the runes say. I'd have him straight out read it, but it's very old, archaic, and the base roots of the "modern" Draconic language. The DC is 10 since he already knows the "modern" Draconic language.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back