• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Tiamat's Awakening (D&D 5e Based Homebrew)

[QUOTE="The Nameless One]Use multiattack for extra annoyance

[/QUOTE]
Sadim uses his crossbow to shoot like three at once while Urreek bombards him from above.

Naxtaroth said:
xD not sure how a crossbow would handle firing ball bearings but sure xD
We have the technology! Or if we don't, we'll find someone who does. Just picture Sadim going to every new blacksmith/shop keep/ inventor he meets and proposing the idea.

So, you're essentially wanting a hand crossbow that fires similar to a flintlock pistol? lol... just with crossbow mechanics instead of gunpowder?

Last edited by a moderator:
Naxtaroth said:
So, you're essentially wanting a hand crossbow that fires similar to a flintlock pistol? lol... just with crossbow mechanics instead of gunpowder?
Yeah, for the most part, like the first ever silenced firearm, except not as powerful probably.

I can see trying to implement something like that lol... gunpowder and guns and all that aren't really a technology used in this fantasy setting, but I can see maybe using Matt Mercer's gunslinger class and editing his pistol mechanics to make a handheld ball bearing firing crossbow. Maybe even use his Bad News mechanics for a larger one that functions as a light crossbow, possibly with room for a scattershot that fires multiple bearings at once, scattering them about as they fly.

Naxtaroth said:
I can see trying to implement something like that lol... gunpowder and guns and all that aren't really a technology used in this fantasy setting, but I can see maybe using Matt Mercer's gunslinger class and editing his pistol mechanics to make a handheld ball bearing firing crossbow. Maybe even use his Bad News mechanics for a larger one that functions as a light crossbow, possibly with room for a scattershot that fires multiple bearings at once, scattering them about as they fly.
I have a feeling it wouldn't be able to kill people as much as knock someone out, break a bone, or give someone a concussion.

If Sadim can pick up tinker's tools, I'll let him attempt to try and make some rigs that may or may not be stable xD

And oh yeah, a ball firing from an explosion is much more dangerous than a ball firing from simple inertia. It would do probably half the damage that Percy's weapons do.

Naxtaroth said:
If Sadim can pick up tinker's tools, I'll let him attempt to try and make some rigs that may or may not be stable xD
And oh yeah, a ball firing from an explosion is much more dangerous than a ball firing from simple inertia. It would do probably half the damage that Percy's weapons do.
You know, that reminds me. Why is it that people don't freak out when an alchemist has bombs, but freak out when someone has guns, technology wise at least.

I think it's because chemical explosions are easier to comprehend in a fantasy setting than like gunpowder based ones? Like if you can make a liquid that can restore health, allow you to breathe underwater, etc. then it's probably likely that you can create a liquid contained within a container that will combust on impact or something.

Naxtaroth said:
I think it's because chemical explosions are easier to comprehend in a fantasy setting than like gunpowder based ones? Like if you can make a liquid that can restore health, allow you to breathe underwater, etc. then it's probably likely that you can create a liquid contained within a container that will combust on impact or something.
But you literally use gunpowder in alchemist bombs most times.

Yeah, Idk. Comparing bombs to guns, though, a gun has a lot of mechanics involved. You've got the barrel, the firing mechanism, the chamber where bullets go, etc. With a bomb it's just gunpowder contained within something with either a fuse or a way to explode on impact.

I just finished reading all this OOC. Probably my post. I haven't posted since our characters walked up stairs. It was my first fathers day weekend so I hadn't signed on.

I don't need armor for LeviCi. 0 should be the correct mod for my cloth armor, but as long as I am wearing cloth armor I receive class benefits that make up for it. Because I am a Sorcerer with Dragon Ancestry My AC is 10+Con Mod + Dex Mod. For me I believe that is AC 16. I don't think that sounds too bad for a level 1.

Hoping to have a post up today.

Sounds good, and I know that @The Endergod needs to post his cocky little "I can fly faster than she can walk." thing xD

EDIT: reading up, the draconic boodline is just just a flat 13+Dex mod when you're not wearing armor, and cloth would just sort of count as like a robe of sorts, aka not armor. @Grimsvald Also, fun fact, because of your bloodline your skin is just a tad scaley :D not like full on dragon scales, but a bit rougher than normal human skin lol... also a tad bit of a shiny blue sheen to it :P for flavor, of course, for now xD

I would calculate the airspeed velocity needed for Urreek to close a 1000 feet gap so quickly, but I'm having problems with integers right now.

[QUOTE="The Nameless One]I would calculate the airspeed velocity needed for Urreek to close a 1000 feet gap so quickly, but I'm having problems with integers right now.

[/QUOTE]
I mean, he hasn't come close to the temple yet, he just passed Senya like not even a minute after she left the inn..

It would only take him two minutes to get across at a flying speed of 50 feet. Movement Speed is equivalent to distance traveled in 6 seconds. So, it would take him 120 seconds to get across. Likewise, walking speed of 30 feet would take about 3.5 minutes to get across. Nine Hells I actually didn't realize how huge this center plaza was xD I guess it truly can accommodate all of the like farming stalls and what not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back