• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Tiamat's Awakening (D&D 5e Based Homebrew) - Dice Log

Naxtaroth

The Raven
Not only will this be where all dice rolls are placed, but it will be where all discussions about actions that could possibly require rolls will be placed. Detail what you would like to do in your post and I will tell you what kind of roll to make, or if it's an obvious roll like "I plan on going stealth, here's my stealth roll." For the most part, I will just tell you whether you succeed or fail and leave the narrative side of it up to you, but occasionally I will drop in little tidbits of info about how you succeeded or failed given the circumstances. This is where you'll go before any Main IC posts along with describing your character's turn during combat. Also, feel free to PM me your intended actions if you wish to surprise the party or hide something from the party.

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="The Nameless One]Do I roll a perception check to see if Sadim noticed?

[/QUOTE]
The magical DM person had me roll against your guy's passive perception, so I'm not sure.

Then let's wait until he comes online. IIRC, Sadim's passive perception was 12, and I don't know how it is handled when both rolls are equal.

Yeah, it's against passive perception. Between the fact that you wouldn't expect him to steal anything and the woman walking by, you wouldn't be actively perceiving to see if it happened. So since 12 is the roll and PP, Sadim notices, but just a fraction of a second too late.

On the subject of rolls: Given that Drow do not sleep and instead Trance for 4 hours, do I still need to make a roll?

Standard rules for a Push action are a Strength(Athletics) contested by the target's Strength(Athletics) or Dexterity(Acrobatics). IIRC

Okay, lots of stuff to respond to, yes, you still roll @Cashdash25, it'll just mean Valric stayed up until 4 hours before whenever the roll is. As for the pushing Urreek inside, yes, it's your strength vs. his strength to resist being pushed, or it can be your strength vs. his dexterity in case he wants to dodge instead of just resist.

Strength being Athletics Dexterity being Acrobatics, of course.

Naxtaroth said:
Okay, lots of stuff to respond to, yes, you still roll @Cashdash25, it'll just mean Valric stayed up until 4 hours before whenever the roll is. As for the pushing Urreek inside, yes, it's your strength vs. his strength to resist being pushed, or it can be your strength vs. his dexterity in case he wants to dodge instead of just resist.
Strength being Athletics Dexterity being Acrobatics, of course.
Just plain dexterity?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back