• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Thorns v2 - Tokyo Ghoul RP

S n o w

Dreamer
Roleplay Type(s)

giphy.gif

What makes a ghoul less than a human?

Encrypted Transmission Received:
"This is Rank 3 Junior Investigator Akihiro Ishikawa requesting immediate backup to the 8th ward. We're under attack by a group of unknown ghouls, believed to be all A to S rank. We've formed a barricade and are holding them back for now, but we don't have the manpower to capture or eliminate them. Commander Tanaka is dead--" the sound of a window breaking, yelling "--the ghouls attacked the Senior Investigators first and... it was a bloodbath. The situation is dire. We weren't prepared for a coordinated attack--" a crash, screaming, cursing, and then silence

Humans don't ask for a cow's consent before eating it. Would humans roll over and die if cow's decided one day to exterminate them all?

23rd Ward News Reporter
"...attempted contact with the news and radio stations within the 8th Ward is still unsuccessful. A spokeswoman for the CCG told us earlier today that the CCG had no plans to make an effort to evacuate the people trapped within the 8th, as the 2nd's finest Investigators had already been dispatched and were taking care of the ghoul threat. She went on to tell us that the people of the 8th would remain safe as long as they stayed indoors--" footage shot from a helicopter appears behind her "--However, footage obtained before all air travel over the 8th was suspended appears to contradict this statement. The footage appears to show no CCG activity within the 8th Ward as a helicopter flew over the area."

Funny thing about roses. Even they grow thorns to protect themselves.

7th Ward News Reporter
"...after the ghoul takeover in the 8th, copycat groups have been popping up all over Tokyo. Attacks on CCG offices has rapidly increased, and ghoul murders have nearly tripled. Viewers have also reported increased sightings of 'binge eaters' within the 6th Ward. As a result of the attacks on the CCG, all offices will now be closed to the public. If you have a suspicion about ghoul activity in your area, go to your local police station right away and file a report. More Investigators will be present around CCG offices and within known ghoul 'hot spots'. Until the threat is contained, be cautious of your surroundings and never go out alone."

If ghouls had any other option, do you really think they would still choose this?

- You can play as either a Thorn (the group that has control of the 8th), an Investigator, or someone in the middle.
- The CCG did send reinforcements, they just didn't make it very far into the 8th Ward.
The Thorns set traps around all entrances and exits into the Ward (trip wire, pits, low-budget explosives, etc.)
- OC's only. This is an AU world (or, one in which Ken Kaneki never existed)
- Setting: The 8th Ward and the wards immediately around it.

Last edited:
I'm a little interested myself. Oh and Aogiri Tree was in season 2 if I remember correctly--- did you get as far as Ayako and Touka?

I'm a little interested myself. Oh and Aogiri Tree was in season 2 if I remember correctly--- did you get as far as Ayako and Touka?
They were, but I don’t think it was ever explained in Root A why they did anything they did. They just did things, and then a war happened. There was little explaining in between.

Yeah.. Root A was lackluster in terms of both animation and story, it really didn't give any explanations about Aogiri Tree.. shame.

I didn't like :Re either, the manga was alright but the anime was a complete dumpster fire. They even managed to botch Touka's and Ken's wedding. (I somewhat don't ship them alot; have a small headcanon between an OC of mine and Ken)

Very interested. I haven't seen Tokyo Ghoul in a while, so I'm gonna be kind of rusty, but I'm very interested. Judging by the responses above, I'm guessing that it's okay that I didn't want to touch :Re with a ten-foot stick, right?

I think Re is just different. It's way more focused on the ccg than the first series. I think it was sorta a flip around because it was almost the exact opposite of non re. As such it almost had a effect of having a different audience appeal in a way. It also has the biggest changes to the roles and appearances of the original characters so alot of people naturally just feel weird having to accept everyone is basically a completely different person and that years have just been passed.

The wedding was...interesting. I guess i'm used to seeing a billion relationships (Both family and romantic) fail in Tokyo Ghoul that It's weird to see two people get together without something dying or turning out to be a absolute creep. I just can't remember seeing that many successful relationships that don't end with some parental/mentor figure dying, two family members being torn apart by disagreements or someone turning out to be nothing like we thought they were.

Very interested. I haven't seen Tokyo Ghoul in a while, so I'm gonna be kind of rusty, but I'm very interested. Judging by the responses above, I'm guessing that it's okay that I didn't want to touch :Re with a ten-foot stick, right?
That’s perfectly okay.

Oh i see, you pretty much summarized my thoughts perfectly. I thought something would've happened to Touka since it was going that way but it ended up going a completely different direction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back