• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Steel Accord

One Thousand Club
A man in an all concealing green gown, even his face hidden, stood at the highest of his chambers on a raised platform overlooking the city of K'un-Lun, a sage down the steps at his feet tossing engraved wood into a circle. The sage looked keenly upon his findings.

"Most auspicious August Personage in Jade. The readings foretell it. The Heart of Heaven calls, the realms will soon be aligned," he dared look upon his leader. "The Tournament of Heaven is upon us." The Yu-Ti nodded and stepped down from the dais. "Send word to realm of men, the land of liberty, the city of heroes. Rand-Kai must be informed, K'un-Lun requires the Iron Fist."

~ ~ ~ ~

Meanwhile in New York City . . .

The familiar snap of a rib beneath his shin told Danny that thug wasn't getting up anytime soon. Hammer fist to his left, tornado kick to his right. He heard the sound of hammers being cocked and turned his head only fast enough to see two gang bangers, of course holding their weapons askew, about to open fire. Before they did though, a brick wall of hero and friend stepped between the bullets and Danny. Luke Cage tanked the bullets until Danny heard the empty clicks. Danny then sprung from behind Luke and into a flying kick, nailing one in the chin while Luke sent the other flying with just a push.

The rest down, Luke and Danny took a moment to survey the scene.

"Not the toughest job but a close call all the same. Thanks for that back there," Danny said behind his yellow mask.

"You know I always got your back brother. Now let's take care of business and we can call it a day." Danny agreed and right after they secured the thugs for Misty and the cops to pick up, they took photos of the incriminating evidence of a drug den and sent them right to her. She texted right back saying they'd both be paid for their services. Misty texted Danny individually after.

"Don't be a stranger, Sugar." Danny just smiled as they walked back to their apartment at the text. Luke looked over his shoulder and chuckled.

"Oh shut up."

"I didn't say anything." They both laughed. As they opened the door though and turned on the light, Danny even pulling his mask off, there was someone sitting in one of their chairs around the table they ate their meals at. They both took on a fighting stance but the intruder held up a hand. He was wearing the green robes that Danny recognized with a straw hat covering his face. He rose and bowed to them but to Danny especially deep.

"Immortal Iron Fist. The time has come."

"Mind sharing why you were sitting in my chair?" Luke demanded.

"The Tournament of Heaven will soon be upon us. K'un-Lun needs its Weapon." Danny sighed and he took the envelope the man had with him. He recognized the seal as being that of the Yu-Ti's. It was official.

"Thank you. I'll prepare myself and be there when I can." The man bowed once again, Danny returning the gesture and the man left.

"Mind filling me in there Danny?" Luke asked.

"Let's just say, as of now, I got a fight coming up." Danny stared at the message, already knowing of the invitation/summons within.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back