• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy This Song is of Silver and Gold [OOC]

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
On the interest check, you mentioned that the missing mermaid's sibling was the youngest in the tribe. Did you have an age, or range, in mind? My initial thought was that they were in their early teens, but then I realized that it'd be a bit odd for a teenager to be the youngest.

I had more of an idea that they would be the youngest adult in their tribe. That gives them the flexibility to have more freedom. There are definitely children, but they're more monitored by the adults. Marella's character is pretty young, so it would leave YC being freshly eighteen, and their first experience of freedom being searching for their sibling.

That being said, if you prefer to be older I'm happy to change the role a bit and take that part out!

Hi!! K so I should have my sheet complete by tmrw. Like thinking Imma more questions fo sho lol but all goods till then.

Hi!

- how many abilities can we list out?
- k so is it okay if i have it that my girlies family is the major hub of a drug and weapon trade on the mainland ports?
- how long did it take to track and capture the mermaid? Where are we supposed to take her?
- are we limited to just the one charrie or if we need more crew we can make npcs or secondary crew charries?

Let's max it out at around four.

That's fine, just work out with me names and such. I'm still working on the map and regions, haha but for sure open to help with naming.
You can absolutely work with Savannah for that. MC will probably have one of the first posts with the meeting of the sibling and coming to a deal with one another.

One character for now, and once other spots are filled up more than happy for people to add more. :)

Happy Lets Go GIF by Kamie Crawford

Correct! :) it doesn't need to be one hundred percent finished but just with enough so I can see the main outline of it

Blobs Blobs Hi! Loving the capt for the Bitter End!

K sooo questions then:
- Did Marine rename the ship to Dead End? Like thinkin it suits her 'ends justify the means' persona better tbh lol
- How big is the ship? How long has Marine owned it?
- How would Marine accept Rai'Shauni as 1st mate. Like assuming that she arrived after Marine took over. Or maybe Marine was first mate and Rai was quartermaster at the time of mutiny?
- Rai would not come forward that she was captain of a ship terrorizing the southern seas prior to serving here. But would Marine know anything about Rai as captain of The Devastation? Or being daughter of a very influencial crime family?

Blobs Blobs Hi! Loving the capt for the Bitter End!

K sooo questions then:
- Did Marine rename the ship to Dead End? Like thinkin it suits her 'ends justify the means' persona better tbh lol
- How big is the ship? How long has Marine owned it?
- How would Marine accept Rai'Shauni as 1st mate. Like assuming that she arrived after Marine took over. Or maybe Marine was first mate and Rai was quartermaster at the time of mutiny?
- Rai would not come forward that she was captain of a ship terrorizing the southern seas prior to serving here. But would Marine know anything about Rai as captain of The Devastation? Or being daughter of a very influencial crime family?
Hmm, I was thinking it was already named the Dead End, but renaming the ship would probably make way more sense for her character! As for owning it, I would say she's a vaguely recent change-say in the last 3 years, seeing as she's still kind of young? Like, not recent enough where everybody are constantly questioning her orders, but recent enough that their are still people who are like "you're not who I was expecting the captain to be" despite being well-feared.

As for how big it is, I'm not an expert on ships so I don't really have it visualized yet. Though I'd say something pretty big and sturdy. Marine would probably like a smaller schooner though. As for Marine accepting Rai'Shuni, I think it would be better if she arrived sometime after Marine took over. Like, she used to be a pirate captain herself is what I'm gathering from your sheet, as well as part of the Imperial Naval force. Would definitely be a huge asset to the crew. Though I can also see Rai being a quartermaster! Might be better to plan it out in dm's?

I think Marine would gather that rai was connected to an influential crime family, just not which one, or just how powerful they were! Also, as for being the captain of the devastation, I think she'd be aware of that! Unless it's known that the devastation is connected to the crime family, then it's the same thing: that she knows rai used to be a part of a ship, turned into an imperial naval officer, and then returned to piracy.

Hmm, I was thinking it was already named the Dead End, but renaming the ship would probably make way more sense for her character! As for owning it, I would say she's a vaguely recent change-say in the last 3 years, seeing as she's still kind of young? Like, not recent enough where everybody are constantly questioning her orders, but recent enough that their are still people who are like "you're not who I was expecting the captain to be" despite being well-feared.

k cools tysm. I'mma update my sheet then to 'first mate of the Dead End' then. And soooo relateable for Rai too. They called her the Fiendbreaker. Thinkin most would expect to see a huge muscular dude at the lead carry a whip or two lol.

As for how big it is, I'm not an expert on ships so I don't really have it visualized yet. Though I'd say something pretty big and sturdy. Marine would probably like a smaller schooner though. As for Marine accepting Rai'Shuni, I think it would be better if she arrived sometime after Marine took over. Like, she used to be a pirate captain herself is what I'm gathering from your sheet, as well as part of the Imperial Naval force. Would definitely be a huge asset to the crew. Though I can also see Rai being a quartermaster! Might be better to plan it out in dm's?

Yeah just curious cuz Rai is more experienced on the bigger boats but still proficient on a smaller one too like she had to start somewhere lol
so is it cool if Rai'Shauni has served for just over a year on board?

I think Marine would gather that rai was connected to an influential crime family, just not which one, or just how powerful they were! Also, as for being the captain of the devastation, I think she'd be aware of that! Unless it's known that the devastation is connected to the crime family, then it's the same thing: that she knows rai used to be a part of a ship, turned into an imperial naval officer, and then returned to piracy.

Yeah sooooo about that. K so like in my head there's like this weird batman/robin hood thing going on with her family.

They are House Mechante on the Mainland and Clan Wicked on the Seas. They take a lot of their family riches and reinvest it back into the city but everythin they take is by plunder, extortion and murder. People on the southern seas know that Rai and her Siblings are Clan Wicked but not that they are daughters and sons of the Mechante House Matriach. The Matriarch is faceless; always veiled and covered up so no one save her kids and sisters know what she looks like.

So to actually get to my point lol.... can we say what you said last there: 'that Marine knows rai used to be a part of a ship, turned into an imperial naval officer, and then returned to piracy?'

k cools tysm. I'mma update my sheet then to 'first mate of the Dead End' then. And soooo relateable for Rai too. They called her the Fiendbreaker. Thinkin most would expect to see a huge muscular dude at the lead carry a whip or two lol.

Yeah just curious cuz Rai is more experienced on the bigger boats but still proficient on a smaller one too like she had to start somewhere lol
so is it cool if Rai'Shauni has served for just over a year on board?

Yeah sooooo about that. K so like in my head there's like this weird batman/robin hood thing going on with her family.

They are House Mechante on the Mainland and Clan Wicked on the Seas. They take a lot of their family riches and reinvest it back into the city but everythin they take is by plunder, extortion and murder. People on the southern seas know that Rai and her Siblings are Clan Wicked but not that they are daughters and sons of the Mechante House Matriach. The Matriarch is faceless; always veiled and covered up so no one save her kids and sisters know what she looks like.

So to actually get to my point lol.... can we say what you said last there: 'that Marine knows rai used to be a part of a ship, turned into an imperial naval officer, and then returned to piracy?'
Enemies are expecting to see a Huge Muscle Man at the helm of the ship with a gun only to run into a tall plump vaguely young woman..only to get stabbed and thrown overboard not even five seconds later, lol! And it's definitely cool if she's only served for a year or so! Anddd Oh, ok! So basically it's known that they're affiliated with a smuggling ring, just not that the smuggling ring is connected to a prestigious house on the mainland! That's actually so interesting! And yeah, saying that Marine is simply aware of rai being part of a ship works. I also don't think she'd be too interested in learning about the backstories of the individual crew members, outside if she thinks it's important or not! I think she'd really only be interested in learning about Rai's time as an imperial officer, but wouldn't care much about anything before.

Enemies are expecting to see a Huge Muscle Man at the helm of the ship with a gun only to run into a tall plump vaguely young woman..only to get stabbed and thrown overboard not even five seconds later, lol! And it's definitely cool if she's only served for a year or so! Anddd Oh, ok! So basically it's known that they're affiliated with a smuggling ring, just not that the smuggling ring is connected to a prestigious house on the mainland! That's actually so interesting! And yeah, saying that Marine is simply aware of rai being part of a ship works. I also don't think she'd be too interested in learning about the backstories of the individual crew members, outside if she thinks it's important or not! I think she'd really only be interested in learning about Rai's time as an imperial officer, but wouldn't care much about anything before.
K cools. Sounds like Rai has a waaaaaays to go to become besties with the fair capt lol K so i'mma go with that and update my sheet.

A long, longggg ways to go before Marine even thinks of Rai as something resembling a friend, lol! Though I can see the two being on friendly terms, especially since it seems like 1) Rai is a great pirate and 2) she's loyal af.

We love nefarious characters in this house! A dastardly devil of the high seas...wonder who he's going to strike first? 👀

Users who are viewing this thread

Back