• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy This Is War

Fangs9090

Total Video Game Nerd
Supporter
Hello. Got an idea I'd like to try out and I figured it would get more attention if I put it in its own thread. First, some things to mentions. "Rules" or whatever.

What I expect from you: Decent grammar and whatnot so that I can make sense of your posts and thus more easily reply to them. I'm not picky about post length, as long as I have something to work with. A paragraph of fluff is worse than a sentence of content. I'm also not too picky about how often you reply. As long as it's often enough that I don't have to wonder if you dropped it without saying anything. Speaking of, I'd rather you didn't drop it without saying anything. If you feel like it's not going well, let me know and we can see if there's a way to salvage it. Don't just drop it without giving me a reason. And, most importantly, my characters are anthro (or furry or whatever you wanna call it) and I do draw them. My description of their appearance will be an image. If you're not okay with this, go ahead and leave now.

Alright, now that that's out of the way, let's get on with the actual idea. As the title suggests, the theme of this is war. Not modern war. Hiding in a hole and shooting a gun don't appeal to me. No, this is more of a medieval type of setting, with swords and magic and horrible creatures of darkness rising to destroy the world! Basic scenario: horrible creatures of darkness are rising and an army is formed to fight them. This story revolves around my character (a new recruit to this army) and your character (also a member of the army; their rank and status is up to you). Now, war themes are not something I do often, so don't expect me to be some cunning strategist who knows all about war tactics. And if you want to know what kind of feel I want this to have, my inspiration for this comes from Dragon Age: Origins and This Is War by...30 Minutes to Mars, I think? Can't remember for sure. Anyway, it's more than just a series of fight scenes and someone dies. It's the characters interacting/traveling together and forming some kind of bond, whether it's platonic or romantic depends on how they get along. Then someone dies. Or might have died but no one's sure.

Anyanyway, if you've made it this far and you're interested or have questions, send me a pm or comment below.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back