• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern This ain't no West Side Story

Wages face lights up as he talks about the dog and she places her bag down, going into the kitchen. She sees the dog and takes a seat beside him,petting him softly. “He’s so cute.” She murmurs and giggles softly. She looks up at him when he asks about food and shrugs. “I’m up for anything..” She murmurs softly.

He smiled watching her some, knowing then that he would marry her someday. “Alright... if we go to the pet store after can you show me what stuff i’ll Need?” He asked her and said bye to the dog leaving him with newspaper to poop on and a large bowl of water plus some chicken he’d had left over from yesterday that he could eat then walked out of there with Sage.

Sage smiles at him and nods. “Yeah of course.” She murmurs and smiles st him. She glances up at him and smiles. “There’s a really good taco food truck down the block. I go there every once and a while.” She murmurs.

he grinned and nodded locking his door behind him walking downstairs with her and going to the parking lot unlocking his pickup. “So tell me then Sage... what’s your story then? Where do you come from?” He asked curiously.

Sage looks at him as she gets in the car. “Well I’m the youngest of four kids. I grew up with my parents and siblings outside of the city. I’m a secretary at a lawyers office. I went to school for astrology but that didn’t go over well with my parents.” She shrugs a little.

He listened intently and smiled at her some. “Astrology as in horoscopes? They do that at college?” He asked confused. He was street wise but being brought up by a gang had meant he’d barely gone to school after the 8th grade. He was really not the sharpest tool in the shed at all.

Sage almost facepalms when she realizes what she had told him. “I meant astronomy. Like stars and plants.” She giggles nervously. She was just so nervous and giddy about things while experience she had misspoke

He looked at her and nodded as he parked. “Right... I’m gonna be honest with you all that stuff kinda goes right over my head.” He told her with a smile before getting out. “I grew up in the foster system. Mom was a junkie. Dad was some biker disappeared before I could remember a face. Learnt how to get by.” He smiled at her again. “Luckily they just had me and no other siblings to ruin.” He told her walking over to the food truck. “What would you like?” He asked her.

Sage frowns a little as she listens to him. She must sound like some spoiled princess to him. She bites her lip and follows him over to the truck. “Chorizo tacos.” She murmurs and smiles at him. “And a corona.” She murmurs soflty.

“Ooh this girl likes Corona?” He chuckled “I pegged you for a fancy cocktail kinda girl.” He told her and went up ordering for them both and paid then took her her drink while he had got a corona as well. “How did you go from being a smart scientist to a secretary?” He asked her watching her some happily. He liked her a lot.

Sage giggles and shakes her head. "I like a few fancy ones but I can go for a nice beer most of the time." She murmurs and watches him. "My dads a lawyer and my mom was a stay at home mom. It was always assumed my brothers would follow in my dad's footsteps and I would follow in either one. I refused to never have a career. I chose Astronomy because I loved stars and plants and space. My parents couldn't see what kind of job I would have with that degree, Especially since I was double majoring in English. I wanted to write books on the subject. They made me switch to law school and I'm a secretary for now until I can find a firm to work for as a lawyer.

He scoffed a bit. “Well I say go back and finish your astronomy degree.” He winked at her wolfing down his tacos within five minutes and checking his phone frowning some. “It’s your life like that Bon jock song says.” He pointed out looking back up at her and smiling again

Sage smiles a little at him. "If you wanna face the cold shoulder at all family functions for me, I'll gladly go back and finish the degree." She shakes her head and sighs. "I think anything but a law degree would have freaked my parents out. They're very..traditional. I think they expected me to be a stay at home mom."

“Well they’re gonna love me then... cause I don’t know about you but something tells me this is the start of something. Don’t know what. But something.” He told her and finished his beer standing up and reaching for her hand. “Ready? This poor dog needs a bed. And a name Too. What do you think would fit a mongrel like him?”

Sage smiles and stands up, taking his hand. "I think it is too." She murmurs softly and laces their fingers together. "How about Draíocht? It means magic in Galic." She murmurs and smiles at him. She was fluent, as her grandfather on her mother's side was the first to immigrate to America. He taught her the home language.

He raised an eyebrow and thought about it for a minute. “Uh... I’m just gonna call him magic. I can’t promounce that let alone spell it.” He told her sheepishly.

Sage nods a little and blushes. "Sorry. I got really into Irish culture because of my grandfather." She murmurs softly and looks down. "Magic's nice." She murmurs and goes quite after that.

He spent another few hours with her letting her go once they realised how late it had gotten and he spent the rest of the night getting the dog set up, falling asleep on his couch thinking all about her that night.
-3 months-
Jason pulled up in his pickup truck to her place getting out and going to ring the bell smiling some. He was meeting her parents today. Dressed the same way he always would not wanting to go in there lying to them about the kind of guy he was by dressing smart. “Babe! You ready?” He called after letting himself in with her spare key. He had magic with him and he went to sit in her lounge and wait for her sending her a text to say he was downstairs.

Sage hears him and then gets his text. "I'm almost done." She calls back to him and finishes up her makeup. She was super nervous about all this. She really liked Jason and she wasn't sure how her family was gonna react to him. Her three brothers were gonna be just as bad as her parents. She heads to the living room and plops down on the couch. "Hey, you brought Magic!" SHe murmurs softly.

He smiled and watched her come downstairs. “Hot mama! Look at how gorgeous my girlfriend is!” He grinned and kissed her softly. “Yeah he’s been chewing the place up when im gone too long and I remember you said your family loves dogs. He’s my bait.” He chuckled. “I missed you this week. How did the wedding go?” He asked. He’d been stuck in Nevada for a drugs run and ironing out the details of a deal to mend bridges between the gang he belonged to and their counterpart across the state line.

Sage smiles and kisses his cheek. "A lot better if you were there." She murmurs and smiles at him. "But it was fun." She murmurs and lays her head on his shoulder. "Are you sure you're ready for this?" She asks softly and looks at him.

He pulled her in close watching magic curl up with his head on her feet while he thought about what he did yesterday, when he had to torture a guy for information and when there were people shooting at him on his way into enemy territory then looked at her. This was scarier. “For you? Absolutely.” He murmured kissing her gently and sighed “That dog loves you more than me.” Hegeimbled getting up and going withher to the truck.

Sage kisses him back softly and smiles at him. "That's just cause I'm so loveable." She murmurs softly and kisses his cheek. She gets in the truck after letting Magic in and smiles. She pets him softly and glances at Jason.

He smiled and started the car following her directions. “Remind me everyone’s names again.” Hemimbled getting nervous now while he drove, holding her hand the whole way just thinking about all the things he’d rather be doing with her today

Sage smiles and watches him. "My mom's name is Katelynn, Father is Jonathan or John." She murmurs and rubs his hand. "My brothers from oldest to youngest are Jimmy, Conner, and Shawn." She murmurs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back