• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern This ain't no West Side Story

He smiled and nodded. “Likewise. Probably see me tomorrow. I’m around from 4pm. I’m not moving as far as I’m aware.” He smiled st her and stopped by her car. Of course it was a nice car. “Drive safely and have a good night Sage.” He told her waiting til she drove off before going back home.

Sage nods a little. "I hope I do." She murmurs when he mentions seeing him again. She gets in the car and heads off to her house. She smiles a little and heads into the apartment, going to her room and stripping down for the night.

He got up late in the morning and tumbled out of bed going to clean his arm up. Last thing he needed was to get it infected. Once he was dressed and ready to go he headed out the door and down to see his boss. He had a run to do this morning and he hadn’t been looking forward to it but he didn’t exactly have a choice. He’d been running heroin to the clients for as long as he could remember. They’d started him when he was young after finding him on the streets and taking him in. He had just been happy to have a bed and a roof over his head again and now all these years later he was still doing the same job.

Safe wakes up to her alarm and groans softly. She stretches and gets up, taking a shower and getting ready for work. She heads out and to the office a few hours later and sighs softly. She heads up and greets some people on the way to her desk.

By the end of the day he was exhausted. He didn’t know if it was his arm or the long distance ride for the delivery or a bit of both but what he did know was that the one thing he’d been thinking about all day was Sage. He wanted to see her again. He was excited to and as he stepped outside for a cigarette in front of his building he looked across the street to see her there this time with a group of people as well.

Safe got to the place at the same time as some of the girls. She smiles and hooks arm with one of the girls. She walks to the shop with them, smiling and laughing. She needed them after last night and the day she had. It had been tough but the thought of seeing friends and mostly Jason had kept her going. She takes a peek across the street, hoping t catch a glance of the man from last night.

Jason was standing in front of the building fumbling with his cigarettes and trying to get his lighter to work but it had obviously died on him so he stood up straighter and started crossing the street over to the group of women. “Excuse me ladies... sorry to bother you but has any one of you got a lighter by chance?” He asked them frowning as two of the woman were staring down their noses at him and looked like they wanted to swat him away but the others all seemed nice and he looked over at Sage and winked.

Sage smiles at him and bites her lip. "I'm afraid we don't." She murmurs and notices the cigarette in his hand. "Smokings a nasty habit anyway. Maybe it's a sign you quite." She murmurs and moves a little closer to him. She had been waiting all day to see this man again. She couldn't get Jason out of her head.

“Uh Huh... and if I hadn’t been smoking last night... you might have ended up in the back of a van somewhere with strange men... instead of an apartment with a strange man.” He chuckled. “Alright... well then I better go get a new one.” He smiled and passed Sage a piece of paper with his number on it. “Before I forget again.” He smiled at her and walked on down the street to find a convenience store

“Sage who the hell was that?” The maid of honour, Holly, questioned her. “Don’t tell me you’re associating yourself with someone from around here... vile place. Disgusting lowlife people too.” She muttered as the group went into the shop.

Sage takes the paper and nods. "You're right." She tells him and watches him leave. She smiles and glances at Holly. Her smile drops and she glares. "That's no way to talk about people." She tells her and follows them into the shop. She sighs softly and saves the number into her phone, sending a quick text so he'd have her number,

“Yeah well who was he? Sage he’s probably a criminal! Most of them are from around this area.” She muttered and pulled out the champagne bottle so they could all start enjoying themselves.

Jason got back a a short while later and sat outside his building on fhe ground lighting up a cigarette and saving her number but got distracted by playing with a stray dog before he could send a text back

Sage sits down as the bride starts showing them dresses she had picked out. She glances at her phone every few seconds. She wanted him to text her back. She shakes her head at how childish she was being and focuses back on the dresses. She grimaces at some of them. They weren't going to be flattering on her. She takes the champagne handed to her and stands up when its her turn to try on one of the dresses.

Jason was now sitting with the stray who had taken a liking to him and curled up next to him while he looked over st the dress shop again raising an eyebrow at what he saw going on inside. ‘Surely your friend could afford nicer clothes than that’ he texted to her.

Sage started walking out of the dressing room until she got his text. He could see the dresses? No way was she walking out to the other girls in this. SHe texts him back and giggles. "Taste and money don't always go hand in hand." She texts back and takes the dress off. "It didn't fit." She tells the girl and sits back down. She sips her drink and watches the girls.

He got up after a while and walked across the street sticking his head in the shop and smiled over at Sage. “Hey you wanna go get dinner when you’re done here? You can just come knock on my door when you finish.... it’s on me.” He smiled at her. He was never this way with a girl. He was rarely ever interested but Sage seemed different and he felt like he’d known her a long time already. He got on with her as well and he wanted to pursue that further. Find out where it would lead.

Sage glances over when she hears the door open and giggles. He could have just texted her, but coming over here to ask made him that much more charming. She nods and smiles. "I'll be there." She tells him and bites her lip softly. There was just something about him. She was drawn to him. Never in a million years would she think she would feel this way with someone like him. She ignores the horrified looks on the girl's faces and waves to him as he leaves.

Holly glared at her. “Gosh he’s so rude. How do you know him?” She asked her and went to lock the door so he couldn’t barge in again.

Sage frowns and raises an eyebrow. "Well isn't that the pot calling the kettle black." She mutters and shakes her head. "He helped me out when some guys were bothering me. He's a nice guy." She murmurs softly.

Holly muttered under her breath and turned away from Sage while Jessica who was the bride mouthed a Sorry over to sage. They’d been friends for forever but to please her new husbands family she’d had to agree to Holly being her maid of honor. “Well I think it’s nice to see you getting back out there.” She smiled at Sage. “Right come on let’s find a dress that everyone can agree on.”

Sage smiles at Jessica and nods. She loved her best friend and was glad she was at least on her side. She picks through the dresses with them until they were too fed up for anymore. She says goodbye to the girls and makes her way to Jason's apartment. She knocks on his door and smiles. She was giddy and nervous. She couldn't wait to spend time with him.

Jason went and opened the door smiling at her letting her in and shut it behind him. “Hey do you know anything about dogs?” He asked her while he went to get his wallet and shoes plus a jacket just in case glancing into the kitchen where the stray he’d been sitting with now lay on the floor looking pleased as punch to have a warm place to sleep.

Sage raises an eyebrow but nods. "Yeah, I had a dog or two almost all my life growing up. Why?" She asks softly and waits for him. She watches him, taking him in again. He was a very attractive man.

“Uh... so while I was out there I found a dog.... well. A dog found me... I couldn’t leave it there. He’s real cute.” He smiled at her and nodded towards the kitchen. “He pretty much followed me anyway, what kind of food you hungry for?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back