• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy They're Here (IC)

Just like the others, Cassidy turned down the meat, but it was at least good to know they had a last resort. She stayed wedged away from the window, flinching slightly as the creature that tried to get in fell away, shuddering at the sight of the body.

"He's right," she gestured to Peter, "Not the time for food." Cassidy took her time now to slow down and look over each of the strangers again as they began to speak. She was relatively uninterested in the bickering between the military man and the other girl, but made a mental note to ask Jun about his eye coverings in the future if she got the chance. Time was of the essence though and they did need to think of how they would get away from the creatures.

"Is there any back way out of here? If we can sneak out, it's likely they'll keep attacking the building, thinking we're still inside. Leave some of that meat and they'll smell it too," she nodded to Danaper now, "Either way, I don't think anyone should stay in this town long. We could make our way towards the river, figure out where to go from there." It felt strange to already refer to the group collectively, but there was strength in numbers and they could always go their separate ways- assuming they made it out of the town alive.

Danaper turns to Cassidy, "That does sound like a good idea, though I have made a few enemies by the river, though I think I killed them all. So I think that is probably the best idea." Danaper looks around "I have heard there is a way out through the fireplace in the basement." Danaper turns around as a monster tries crawling through the window.

Danaper quickly blows the monsters head off and eats a part of its guts before reloading. "We need to hurry, so who is ready to get out of here because I am." Williams puts his gas mask back on. "And maybe when we're out of here I can tell you some stories from when I was in the army." Danaper paces around the room as he thinks and then he puts the unwanted meat back in his bag then goes to stand by the stairs.

Peter automatically thought of sending someone out to run while the other group ran away when the woman suggested a distraction. He quickly shot down the idea, not sure why it even popped up. The suggestion of running toward the river sounded good. The guy with an eye covering came over and told him to 'gather himself' in a vaguely unfriendly tone while he took a position to take his spot guarding the window. He would have been rubbed the wrong way by the comment but he didn't want to be near the window anyway, so he blew it off. "Okay... I'll be right back."

Peter stood up, still holding his gun, and headed up the creaky stairs of the town hall. He found a window in the direction of the river and tried to look for the best route. It seemed if they went straight they would be murdered within seconds, but if they turned left a bit there was a small clearing. If they could run fast enough they may be able to outrun the creatures. He walked back downstairs quickly, taking off his goggles in an attempt to see better in the somewhat dim room.

"There are too many creatures straight toward the river, if we go left and around them, there's a chance we can run fast enough to reach the river without being torn apart by them... I hope you all can run fast... When we get there we can lose them in the forest maybe. Unless anyone else has a better idea?" He says, almost hoping someone else had a better idea. The creatures were fast, it would be hard to outrun them.

"What if someone were to run and distract the mutes?" Jun called to the rest of the group, his voice straining. He didn't speak often and when he did, he was always quiet. He cleared his throat, trying to make it so everyone could hear him.

"It's not the best idea, but there is plenty of cover to the Eastside to hide." He had just barely gotten a good look, but from what he had managed to gather, there were plenty of blockades that had been shoved aside and broken down cars littering the streets.

Danaper turns his head to look at Jun, "I can run, I have military training and can outrun the monsters, I am good at hiding too, but the only thing is, where do I go when the monsters are gone?

Danaper paces around the room with his rifle in his hands, then says "What if, wait, aren't there enough of us that we could just kill the monsters" He says arrogantly.

Logan Carter

"I don't think we can take them all head-on, there's way too much, they'll overpower us," Logan said in response to Danaper's suggestion.

Logan weighed out all the options. If they sent someone to distract the monsters that person would surely die, but it would give the rest of them enough time to escape. However, no one would put themselves up for that role. There were also way too many of them and if they tried to fight them they would surely be killed. That left one other option run as fast as they could to the river and try to lose them.

"I think we should try to outrun them, like Peter said we can try running to the river then shake them off at the forest." The forest had a lot of trees they could use for cover.

Peter started to get ready for running, removing a few things from his pack so it wouldn't weigh him down. He cringed a bit at having to leave behind his blanket. It got cold at night... "Trying to kill them would not be a good idea, they'd just call in reinforcements." Peter said to Danaper.

"If we sent someone out how would they get back to the group? And I'm not sure anyone would want to be a human sacrifice.... If we forced someone to they'd probably run toward us as revenge." Peter shrugs

He peeked outside and saw the creatures. There was no way they could come back to the town after they ran away. They were probably going to convert it into another nest. He turned back to the others, looking at them more closely this time. They were alive, he assumed they were human, and he didn't want any of them to get hurt.

"We have to go ..." He muttered. "Whenever you're ready."

Last edited:
Gaarock notices the monsters crowded at the door and one turns to him and screams "TRAITOR!" But despite what he yells they still try to continue breaking through the door, and mostly ignore Gaarock. Gaarock sprints behind the building while the others are occupied trying to break in and are not looking at him. Gaarock notices the broken window and the bodies of other monsters below it. "HEY, PEOPLE! YOU NEED HELP UP THERE! I'VE GOT THE SCENT! THEY WON'T FOLLOW ONE OF THEIR OWN! COME DOWN AND YOU CAN BE SAVED!" He yells loud enough for the people inside to hear but not the monsters on the other side.

"I MEAN THEY WON'T Uh... AH FUCK I'M ONE OF THEM BUT I'M TRYING TO SAVE YOUR ASS, GET DOWN HERE I HAVE A PLAN TRUST ME, NOBODY HAS TO DIE!!" One of the monsters comes around as that one is the only who heard him, the monster screeches at him and goes into its normal form. "Shit, I haven't had to do this in months." He sets his sniper far away from him "Stay here buddy so you don't get hurt." He says to his sniper, then turns into his normal form then charges and pounces on the other monster and rips it in half after about 30 minutes of wrestling each other. He turns into his human form and picks up his sniper. "OK NOW COME DOWN!"

Taking the makeshift spear from its perch on the windowsill, Jun turned to face the group. He was under the assumption that they would all go their separate ways after this mess was over, but it turns out, he was wrong. It would be nice to have company again...

He was about to advise choosing a plan fast when he was distracted by the yelling outside. A monster trying to help them? Yeah right... He wouldn't fall for that again. Jun adjusted the bandages over his eyes, pulling them tighter and cringing at the fact that they were wet. He readied his spear, not trusting the man.

(I think that we should remove the turns thing just you cant post twice in a row, but so if someone posts after you you dont have to wait for days for someone else to respond, instead anyone can respond except for the one who posted, so they dont post twice

(I think that we should remove the turns thing just you cant post twice in a row, but so if someone posts after you you dont have to wait for days for someone else to respond, instead anyone can respond except for the one who posted, so they dont post twice
That's how it is at the moment, there are no turns it's just everyone needs to post once before we move on so they don't get left behind, sorry for the misunderstanding. The reason I say to post after me is just because when I post that is a clear indicator everyone else has, so you won't have to keep track))

Mico was flying overhead of the group when she heard gunshots what the blob? who was that? she thought. Mico looked down and saw a few people. "yes! real humans!" she said to her self "I hope". She watched them from above then flew lower when they went into the base thingy wow, that's a nice base she thought. She watched them making sure and hoping they didn't see her.

Mico then went back to her treehouse and got her notebook. She wrote down what and who she saw, making sure to add in where they were. When she was done she put the notebook back on the shelf. "I wonder if I'll see them again" she said to her pet lizard Scale "and if they really were human"

Logan Carter

Logan tied her messy curls in a tight bun not wanting it to get in the way while she ran for her life. She took a deep breath and mentally prepped herself. This day was becoming worse as the minutes rolled by. At this moment all she wanted was to survive.

She was just about to start running when she heard a monster trying to communicate with them. She'd admit the monsters were getting craftier she never thought the monsters would pretend to help humans as a form of capturing them. "Nice try but I'm not falling for that," she replied to the monster pulling a gun out of her pocket.

Peter was completely ready to start sprinting, but he had to stop himself when he heard one of the creatures saying something. This made him a bit twitchy because of all the energy he mustered up to get himself ready. He looked out the window and saw the creature kill another one. "What the he//..." He muttered. (I sensor cuss words no matter how small they are, that's not a mistake)

"Wow this is the first. This is just great, they're getting smarter." He huffed. But what if it did want to help them? He'd never heard of a creature saying they were one. But it was too risky... "if you come near us you're gonna get a bullet in the head!" He yelled back at the creature.

Mico looked out the window of her treehouse and saw what was happening. "oh my glob!" she said panicky. "aw no, they might die. and there is nothing I can do!" she went to a tote and looked for something in it. "unless I find the gun in here" she said. her pet lizard made a noise "you're right, I cant help without showing them I'm a shapeshifter. so what can I do? think think think!" Mico started pacing around "I know!" Her lizard made something that sounded like "what?" "I hope they don't die" Then her lizard tried to facepalm.

"Wait a second, did you just face palm?" Mico picked up her lizard and checked if they were a creature. "AW COME ON" She said and threw the lizard across the room. "that is just mean, not dangerous to me" Then the lizard showed it was a creature and jumped at Mico. Mico jumped out then ran and hid behind a rock and shapeshifted into a bird. She flew away then flew near where the group was, circling above and trying to find out if she could help them and hopefully join them.

Jun grasped at the furred hood of his worn winter coat, jerking it up and pulling it down over his head. His demeanor was now much more serious, an ominous aura floating around him. His grip was much tighter on the spear like he was ready to kill anything that came too close. Jun didn't trust anybody in the room, nor the monster saying it was an ally.

It was clear by his shift that something had happened before meeting the group.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back