• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy They're Here (IC)

He steps back not wanting to be shot. Thinking about how he can get them to trust him. "Well then you can come with me or die running, even if I was an enemy its better dying from one beast than a horde of them, you can't outrun them, and I'm your only hope."

(Sorry this is short, future posts will be longer im just busy)

Last edited:
Peter paused a moment. It wasn't likely they could outrun the creatures. He turned back to the rest of the group. "Maybe we can follow it but just shoot it if it gets too close..?" He muttered.

He turned back and peeked down at the creature again. "Honestly your gonna have to do more then say youre not gonna kill us, we're gonna get goin-" a crash ring out behind him and he saw a creature had jumped through the window, scrambling at the floor and trying to get a grip. It looked like a wolf, if you didn't pay attention to the fleshy teeth part of It.

((I'm just going to change the rules to three posts per person per week ok? The order is confusing. Use your turns wisely starting now! This doesn't mean you have to post three times by the way it means you can post three times per week-)

Jun was already on edge from the monster that claimed to be friendly, like he would ever side with one of those things. His once neutral demeanor has, in a matter of seconds, become hostile and on edge. The second he heard the glass shatter and the monster hit the floor, Jun had his spear up and back, ready to be thrown. And throw he did.

With incredible precision, the stick with a knife blade on the end cut through the cold, forever wintery air and stuck into the monster's head. All of this happened in seconds, seconds that could have ended very differently if not for his reaction speed. Though, his timing was only the way it was for a reason, and not a reason he would ever speak of to strangers in detail.

Slowly, Jun lowered his arm to his side, taking a moment to make sure the creature was dead. They could play dead, he had learned that the hard way as well. So, Jun took his spear and jumped back, ready to stab it again and again, as many times as he needed to. When it didn't move, he began to remove some of the large teeth of the beast, taking his gloves off first of course- However, whether it was truly dead was still up for debate.

He watches the window. "If I were with them my sniper would have you dead in milliseconds. But I'm not with them, you can trust me, I am your only hope for escape." He begins talking to his sniper as if it were a human. "I'm not sure telling them I could snipe them in milliseconds is going to make them trust me, but hey at this point I'll do anything to get back at my species and get these humans to safety."

He watches the window waiting for their response, then gets an idea noticing Jun taking teeth off of the monster. "I have lots of teeth if you want them" He quickly facepalms realizing that probably just made him look creepy. He was getting impatient when another monster rushes him screaming "TRAITOR, TRAITOR!!" He quickly blasts the monsters face with a sniper bullet. Then says to the people inside. "You see I'm not your enemy! The idiot here made it clear. I'm a traitor to my species!"

"You HaVe TEEth?" Peter huffs, backing away from the window at the mention of a sniper rifle. "What kind of teeth?! You really need to clarify that!"

The creature had killed another one of its own, but that didn't mean they could trust it. Looking outside he noticed how many creatures were gathering now. "Ok we have to go, or we are gonna get murdered." He said to Jun. "Are you ready to run, no matter if that thing will help us or not?"

Mico landed on the roof as quietly as she could then turned back into human form, hoping they didn't hear her. Mico then listened to what their plan was so she could help with it (also because she couldn't think of a plan).

She also heard the creature trying to help them, and she thought it was a little funny. Why is that guy so bad at talking to humans? she thought. Mico got a plan then waited until they did their plan.

Jun ignored the monster's comment, twisting the dead creature's head to make sure it was dead. He was collecting the large, unnatural teeth to use as knives later, seeing as he couldn't just buy a new one when it broke. Saying he didn't trust the monster outside was an understatement; Jun despised them.

Jun took a moment to answer but nodded to Peter in the end. Bloodied hands wiped on his pants and then gloves put back on, Jun was ready to go.

Peter took a deep breath and headed toward their exit point. "Ok... Here goes nothing." He pushed the things blocking the door out of the way. Then he was running, only hoping that Jun had followed him. All he could hear was the sound of ice crushing under him for a moment, then a loud roar rang out behind them. He didn't waste any time looking back, heading straight for the forest. He heard foot steps behind him. Too many just to be Jun. So he ran as fast as he could, the forest coming closer.

Danaper Williams

He jumps out along with you sprinting for his life, right after he shoots the "friendly" monster right in the heart with his rifle. When he is nearing the forest he starts to get ahead of Peter. "WATCH OUT FOR THE BODIES! I DUMP THEM HERE, THERES ALSO LANDMINES, HA JUST KIDDING, ONLY ABOUT THE LANDMINES PART!" He sprints even faster, running like damnation was behind him. "HEY PETER YOUR SLOWING DOWN! GET ON MY BACK I CAN CARRY YOU!"

(Sorry its confusing doing 2 characters so I killed one off)

Mico saw them on the run oh shoot they're going already she thought while turning into a bird to be able to get to the forest. Mico landed in the forest, turned back into a human, and waited for the humans to run this way.

Well, now all to do is wait and hope they don't kill me and kill any creatures coming with them she said in her head, easy.

Peter wasn't slowing down. He knew what he was doing. He simply didn't want to use all his energy in the first few minutes, he'd need it more later when they got closer. He heard the monsters getting closer, and with an extra burst of speed he started catching up to Danaper, ignoring his comment. He reached the forest, but then he saw some girl in front of him standing in the forest. He tried to slow down, but he was already going too fast so he barreled straight into the girl, knocking them over and himself. "AH!" He hit the ground and got up so quick it was almost like he never fell. "What are you doing in the middle of the forest?! RUN!" he huffed, holding a hurried hand out to the girl he rammed over.

Jun bolted out the window, twirling his spear to strike the monsters in his way. He followed closely to Peter, his pack only slightly slowing him down. Then Peter fell behind.

Skidding to a stop, he turned to fend off any creatures coming too close to them. "Hurry up! We don't have much time!"

Danaper continues to sprint faster and faster, going right by Peter, "PETER HURRY UP!! QUIT SIMPING!!" He stops in his tracks and shoots monsters while they stand there.

He began to step on something squishy, "Oh hey look its that rich man I killed, yeah anyone who has been pampered here, prepare to get your ass kicked, I'm a brute with no mind for polotics." He killed and stabbed more monsters with his bayonet as they rushed toward him.

Raine Blackwoods

Hunting was a tense, sweaty activity. So Raine found it odd, as she sat perched inside of a tree branch, how cosy her spot had become. She was preying on a large wild boar. Listening to it shuffle in the bushes below. It’s been a few days since the last time she ate. The thought of tearing into a fat lump of meat made her mouth salivate. But hunting was a long and hard process. She had to be patient. If she messed up, her food would run away or she’d easily become the food. This was a hard world of kill or be killed. Adapting to a world based on survival instincts came easy to Raine, since she was always in survival mode even when she was a child. It was the way she lived and the reason she survived this long.

The boar moved right underneath the tree branch. Raine had a large sword in hand, her palms had become sweaty but her grip surprising never slipped. She waited until the boar’s neck head was directly below the sharp steel blade of her sword. Just as she was about to pounce on the large beast, shouting in a short distance caught the attention both her and the animals attention. Before the mutated animal below her could react, Raine jumped off the branch of the tree and landed on top of the boar. Her blade drives into the base of the animals neck and warm liquid gushed all over her hands. The animal let out an awful cry, and trashed around. Raine road out it’s last attempts to get away snd jumped off its back, moments before it collapsed to the ground.

The shouting from other survivors grew closer with each passing second. Were they running? If so, what were they running from? Raine didn’t want to stay long enough to find out. She unsheathed her blade from the animals remains and began carving into the side of the large beast. Because of the unknown danger the survivors were bringing towards her, Raine only had enough time to grab a couple large chunks of meat and carefully wrap them inside of cloth and place it into her bag.

The only good thing about the never ending winter, is that the snow made it easier to store meat and other food that would usually go bad within days. But the snow kept it frozen and made her food supply last a little longer.

Just as she packed up the meat into her bag the branches and leaves crunching under foot was loud enough to make her panic. They were right on her. Soon enough a couple people bursted through the overgrowth of the forest. Their panicked expressions as they ran at full speed away from the small town, caught her attention immediately. They were running from creatures. She knew that without a doubt.

There was a small part of her being, the daring and reckless side of her that wanted to take down the creatures chasing the people, one by one. It was stupid but the rage inside her wanted to get revenge on them and kill every single last one of them. But she had to subdue that side and think realistically. The group had more than enough people to take on a small horde, so they must be getting chased by a large number of those freaks.

Without a second thought, Raine ran in the same direction of the other survivors. Not that she had much of a choice. Those things were on their ass. She could hear the creatures heavy footsteps thundering behind her. Raine could out run them, based on her new abilities but the others, who knows how long they’ve been running. If any of them planned to make it out of this situation alive, they needed to outsmart the creatures and find somewhere to take cover before they were chased further into the forest. Raine didn’t know much about the environment other than the mutated animals. So who knows what dangers lurk in the shadows and overgrowth.

“What’s the plan?!” Raine shouted out, announcing her presence to the others surrounding her. It was easy for her to catch up to them since she was pretty fast.

Danaper keeps firing at the monsters, trying to kill as many as possible while they were talking. He hears the newcomer and says "You pick up that rifle and join in the fun, and maybe I will share human meat with you afterwards, but nevermind my cannibalism for now, we have monsters to kill and/or outrun."

Danaper continues stabbing monsters with his bayonet until he stabs one right through its neck and into the forehead of another. "MY BAYONET IS STUCK! NOT MY BAYONET!" He struggles to pull it out while kicking another monster next to him to the ground, he finally pulls it out and decides to just shoot the monsters instead. "At this rate we could make the monsters go extinct, why don't we just keep fighting?"

Instead of waiting for the girl to take his hand he just grabbed her by the wrist and pulled her up onto her feet. He didn't mean to be but it may have been a bit aggressive. He then turned and ran to catch up with the others, seeing another new person. "If we keep fighting they'll keep coming, youre going to run out of energy eventually." He said to Danaper, stabbing a creature in the head as it lunged at him.

"We don't really have a plan." Peter replied to the new person who had started running along side them. "Maybe we can hide?"

Danaper runs with them and tells Peter "We can't hide, we have to show them muscle, as in we need to run at them, try and scare them, fire as many bullets, and scream to make enough sound, make yourself look big and don't turn back, kill as many as possible while your at it, with a combination of all of that, they will retreat, I learned that tactic in the Army."

Danaper speeds up and looks back at the oncoming monsters, firing at them when they get to close.

Just her luck, she ran into a group with presumed crazy cannibals who had no value to life. Raine was about to separate herself from the group and run in a different direction, but then a more sensible person came running from behind and joined the conversation.
“Do you know if these things can climb? We could climb the tree’s and wait them out or outsmart them and keep them looking.” Raine explained, she took one peak behind her and saw that one of the creatures had launched themselves at her. She ducked out of the way and stomped on its head as she continued to run with the group.

As the Cannibal suggested to face the creatures head on and fight, Raine rolled her eyes. “If you have a death wish, please, be my guest and go face them head on. It’ll serve enough of a distraction to allow us to escape while they maul on your corpse.” Raine spoke in a non-chalant tone as she described his death if he went along with his own plan.

“This is not a debate. We’re going to hide or outsmart them. We’ll have a better chance of survival.”

Peter turned to Danaper, tired of the whole 'lets just kill them all' thing. "We arent going to kill them, this isn't the army, those things don't care if they die or not. And you certainly aren't going to be scaring them. If it were that easy do you really think everyone would still be fighting them? They'd all be dead! So get your head in the game or turn into another rotting corpse."

He then turned to the new person who thankfully seemed to be more mentally sane. "I doubt they can climb, but they might be able to knock the trees over. We could also try to lose them in the river, they wouldn't be able to track us through water. But there's always the chance we wouldn't be able to outrun them."

Raine cursed under her breath when the man mentioned those freaks being powerful enough to knock a tree down. If they survived the fall, they wouldn’t be able to recover in time before the creatures pounced on them. They’d be dead for sure.

Was there really no way out of this other than to fight to their death? Raine was starting to grow fatigue from not eating all day and all the running. She didn’t know how long she could hold out before she collapsed.

Things were looking down for the group of strangers that is until the reasonable guy suggested they lose them in the river. Raine remembered watching a movie in history class, a lifetime ago before the apocalypse, where Harriet Tubman ran through the waters which threw the hunting dogs off track. This guy was smart. “Let’s take our chances with the river. We’ll do what that crazy bastard suggested, but only take down the ones that get too close up until we get to the river.” Raine agreed, she was starting to hyperventilate from all the talking.

Raine didn’t share her concerns about the river. They all knew that if they didn’t find shelter and warm up soon, they would die from hyperthermia. The river water will be freezing cold that’s for sure and their winter gear will take a couple days to dry out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back