• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Worst Special (Closed)

Bob began secreting tears of sorrow as he crumpled into a small halfling ball, and begin rocking back and forth. “No organization, no system? No care for the texts?” Five minutes of this existential crisis continued, before Bob slowly came to a stand and went to read the pon written texts.
Bob’s cries echo out into the street, in full ear shot of the other adventurers and residents. Sunshine tilts his head quizzically, but most of the ponies alternate between bafflement and discomfort in their expressions. None of them try to enter the building, though, as Honey pokes his head out the window and gives an awkward thumbs up of assurance, before he stands around and pats Bob reassuringly with all the tenderness of an apathetic stranger who is just stuck in this situation now. Once Bob quiets down, Honey joins him in the search with the closest thing to enthusiasm the Halfling has seen from the elf so far. He pulls down several books for the two of them to look at.

Discordant Harmony: Collected Hymns of Dementia
To Serve Man: The Official Guide for Cafe Cuddles Workers (Not a cookbook)
101 Gumdrop Recipies
Equestria’s Bestiary, Volume 3
Slave New World: An Autobiography
Freedom isn’t Everfree
Daring Do and the Lost Flavor
River Drop’s Guide to Ocaeril

“Hmmm. What do you make of these, Jefferson?”

Condiment King, and his associates, Salt and Pepper

Interactions: Churl Churl | Puppernickel Puppernickel

While Durlok reads continues the tour, Condiment King would break off and begin approaching various ponies, as well as the butcher. He would ask a few basic questions. He would wipe off his expression of suspicion and replace it with a smile, but never once would he let Durlok out of his sight. He motioned for Salt and Pepper to remain with him as well.

"Mayo I ask, why did you move to this village? And how has life been here?" (To the butcher)

"You alright? it looks like tonight just isn't cutting the mustard for you." (To the sad-looking pegasus)

"You look like quite a seasoned member of this community, might I ask, who founded this village?" (To any random pony, or the top hat man, if he is a pony.)
The Butcher shrugs. “Gave me business to me brother, down in Owlhoof. Didn’t feel like giving up the trade, figured this would be as interesting a retirement as any. These cud-chewers aren’t exactly in the habit of making food for people like yous and I, so I make a nice penny off of serving the two-leggers that move here. If you can put up with the ponies, it ain’t too bad. They a friendly lot, and Sunshine really only bothers his own with his rules and religion. Not bad for the sort of folk that think even a place like Owlhoof might be too crowded.”

The Pegasus starts at his questioning, and gives a half-hearted chuckle. “Ah, um, well I suppose I am just feeling a little exhausted from this rascal, I guess. I’m sorry if I’m bringing the mood down, Mr.”

She gives an unconvincing grin as she gestures at the unicorn foal, and Sunshine trots over.

“Tsk. Well, I can understand that sure enough, Part Parcel. You work as hard as any here. I sure hope our celebration this week will be relaxing enough for you to show us a real smile, eh?”

Part stiffens as Sunshine affectionately leans over to pat at her son, before he is called over by the twitching pony and he goes to her, giving Condiment King an enthusiastic wave.

Part bustles herself and her child back into the crowd, leaving Condiment King‘s third question to be directed to the human tailor, who lazily greets the hero as he approaches. The cat he was petting sits patiently, apparently in wait for more affection as it levels its intelligent gaze at CK and the Tailor’s conversation.

“This commune? Sunshine Bliss, of course. Well, it was his idea, at least I heard. Him and a group of others from those cafes found others like them, saved up enough to travel here, and bought this land.”

He chuckles. “I’ve been here about half a year now, and I have to say it’s not a bad place to spend your twilight years. They already treat me like I’ve been their neighbors forever. and of course, it’s a fun challenge making clothing for that body shape.”

Was Seo paying attention? Who knew! This was anyone's guess at this point whether or not the hobo was even aware of what was going on, or if he was invested at all. The answer was probably no, but hey, at the very least, he was interested enough to at least try and do some detective work, even though it was complete and utter shit? That had to mean something, right, right?

Erra's obvious point that this was, indeed, a weird place, caused Seo to sorta look at her like she was a kid who hit his head against a rock and has never been the same since. The immortal simply took a mild sip from his beer, as he simply shook his head. "You tell me, Sherlock." A groan came from him as he downed more from the drink, shaking his head once more. "Something shitty is gonna go down and we're probably get fucked harder than the Corruptor on Spanksgiving. Again, ten bucks it's the businessman. Or the halfling. The dude's been crying for a while now." Amazing detective work there, old man. Seo just kinda stared at the group, before letting out a sigh.

Regardless, Seo tries to remember what he was meant to do, again. If he can't remember that, he just looks around for any hotels to rest or if anything particularly eye-catching is happening.
Seo remembers that, aside from Bob, Durlock, and possibly Honey who all had reasons to want to visit the commune specifically, the rest of the adventurers were sent as a response to a handful of requests to the guild. So far though, there is no sign of what exactly those requests were for. He only knows that Sunshine sent one of them, and seemingly is not aware of the others, yet his reasoning for wanting them to come is... what, exactly? For a party or some shit?

This is a headache and a half. Maybe he could skip this bullshit and go nap at the Trotinn? Sunshine did say that was where they would be staying during the tour.
Erra Post
Erra grunted. Yeah, she had been really obvious there.

Ugh, what was I thinking! Guess I'm used to being around people who have zero brain cells...

Erra pulls her cloak tighter around herself before heading into the Trotinn, intent on gathering information. Specifically, through overhearing conversations. Didn't want to draw any more suspicion than she usually did.
Erra, already entering the Trotinn, watches as the older green mare with the flame cutie mark races in afterwards.
“Hello, Miss! I am Sugar Spice, the proprietor of this establishment. Would you like to see your room, Ms. ...?”

Behind her words, it’s pretty clear from her tone that she is looking at Erra like her presence is somehow offensive in some way.

Durlok hummed loudly as he noticed CK break off from the test of the group, nodding to Salt and Pepper as they remain to guard him. He didn't react in the slightest to the fact that everyone in the town appeared genuine, as he honestly wasn't afraid of them to start with. Oh, he knew he probably should be afraid of them to at least some degree, but... well. Durlok had luck on his side. He would be safe regardless of the danger.

At the end of the tour Durlok actually found some amusement in Blood Letter's curt attitude, smiling slightly at the doctor before turning to Sunshine Bliss with a chuckle. "Well, I know I for one would love to see everything this town has to offer! Although I do suppose the community center does sound nice to start with. Ah, that is, as long as we aren't taking you away from any important work, Mister Sunshine." Durlok amended, his smile turning apologetic as he chuckled some more.
Sunshine laughs, breaking away from his discussion with the spasming mare. “Oh, not at all! I am actually going to be spending this week just working on the celebration, and have already put aside time for you guests as well. Truth be told, I probably won’t be in my office proper in the town hall all week. Would you like to see the center now?”

Bob’s cries echo out into the street, in full ear shot of the other adventurers and residents. Sunshine tilts his head quizzically, but most of the ponies alternate between bafflement and discomfort in their expressions. None of them try to enter the building, though, as Honey pokes his head out the window and gives an awkward thumbs up of assurance, before he stands around and pats Bob reassuringly with all the tenderness of an apathetic stranger who is just stuck in this situation now. Once Bob quiets down, Honey joins him in the search with the closest thing to enthusiasm the Halfling has seen from the elf so far. He pulls down several books for the two of them to look at.

Discordant Harmony: Collected Hymns of Dementia
To Serve Man: The Official Guide for Cafe Cuddles Workers (Not a cookbook)
101 Gumdrop Recipies
Equestria’s Bestiary, Volume 3
Slave New World: An Autobiography
Freedom isn’t Everfree
Daring Do and the Lost Flavor
River Drop’s Guide to Ocaeril

“Hmmm. What do you make of these, Jefferson?”
Bob holds Honey’s hand from his back as he is patted, looking at the Exodite with hopeful eyes. And then looking back at the books.

“Hmm Discordant Harmony, that’s their musical literature for sure. Whatever purpose they sign for could be looked into.

To Serve Man, I would guess that’s what mannerisms that ponies learn in order to interact with the Ocaerillian races to better deceive them with.

Gumdrop Recipies, just another one of their supposed sugar diets, probably just a coverup.

Equestria’s Bestiary, a catalogue of extinct races at best, probably a reminder of what delicious species they ate to death.

Slave New World, obviously the ponies see the possibility of our races as prospective slaves, best to be put to use for raising to eat.

Freedom isn’t Everfree, just adding to the previous point.

Lost Flavor? Another of their cannibalistic texts as they rediscover how meat tastes, remember Honey, the ponies spent centuries without meat as they ate everything.

Guide to Ocaeril, a way to deceive us in my opinion. Will have to read these all further.”

Bob will open Slave New World.

Erra Post

Erra, already entering the Trotinn, watches as the older green mare with the flame cutie mark races in afterwards.
“Hello, Miss! I am Sugar Spice, the proprietor of this establishment. Would you like to see your room, Ms. ...?”

Behind her words, it’s pretty clear from her tone that she is looking at Erra like her presence is somehow offensive in some way.

Ass. Erra calmly thinks.

"Erra. No, I'll just stay here for a bit." Erra said, walking away and looking around for anywhere she could gather information.

Hmm, perhaps they might not all be villains after all... Perhaps....

Condiment King followed Sunshine back over to Durlok, seeming mildly... disappointed?​

The Butcher shrugs. “Gave me business to me brother, down in Owlhoof. Didn’t feel like giving up the trade, figured this would be as interesting a retirement as any. These cud-chewers aren’t exactly in the habit of making food for people like yous and I, so I make a nice penny off of serving the two-leggers that move here. If you can put up with the ponies, it ain’t too bad. They a friendly lot, and Sunshine really only bothers his own with his rules and religion. Not bad for the sort of folk that think even a place like Owlhoof might be too crowded.”

The Pegasus starts at his questioning, and gives a half-hearted chuckle. “Ah, um, well I suppose I am just feeling a little exhausted from this rascal, I guess. I’m sorry if I’m bringing the mood down, Mr.”

She gives an unconvincing grin as she gestures at the unicorn foal, and Sunshine trots over.

“Tsk. Well, I can understand that sure enough, Part Parcel. You work as hard as any here. I sure hope our celebration this week will be relaxing enough for you to show us a real smile, eh?”

Part stiffens as Sunshine affectionately leans over to pat at her son, before he is called over by the twitching pony and he goes to her, giving Condiment King an enthusiastic wave.

Part bustles herself and her child back into the crowd, leaving Condiment King‘s third question to be directed to the human tailor, who lazily greets the hero as he approaches. The cat he was petting sits patiently, apparently in wait for more affection as it levels its intelligent gaze at CK and the Tailor’s conversation.

“This commune? Sunshine Bliss, of course. Well, it was his idea, at least I heard. Him and a group of others from those cafes found others like them, saved up enough to travel here, and bought this land.”

He chuckles. “I’ve been here about half a year now, and I have to say it’s not a bad place to spend your twilight years. They already treat me like I’ve been their neighbors forever. and of course, it’s a fun challenge making clothing for that body shape.”

Sunshine laughs, breaking away from his discussion with the spasming mare. “Oh, not at all! I am actually going to be spending this week just working on the celebration, and have already put aside time for you guests as well. Truth be told, I probably won’t be in my office proper in the town hall all week. Would you like to see the center now?”
There was no external change to Durlok's behavior as he watched Sunshine interact with Part, his smile remaining just as friendly and warm as before. Inwardly, he was listening carefully, his opinion of the stallion suffering a vast shift along the lines of 'tyrant leader' and 'cultist worshiper'. Unlike most people, Duelok had insider knowledge of Ponykind due to his connections with the Whole Heart, and thus knew they came in two primary flavors. 'Questionably sane chocolate', and 'THAT'S NOT ACTUALLY VANILLA'. Sunshine was starting to give off of the second flavor of pony, as unfortunate as it was.

At Sunshine's reply Durlok chuckled, giving the stallion a small bow and broadening his smile slightly. "Well, I'd heard of pony hospitality before from my colleagues, but I hadn't actually been given the chance to experience it! Truly your generosity and kindness must know no bounds, if you're taking the time away from your duties to see after us."

So Durlok was buttering Sunshine up in order to find out more information down the line. It was what the traveling salesman did for a living, and by the gods he was going to butter this stallion into oblivion if he had to.

Durlok tapped his chin, humming as he slowly nodded his head. "Hmmm, well, since you're offering such a fabulous tour through your town... how could I refuse your offer? Let's go to the center then and see what the ingenuity of ponies can being to the world!" He raised a hand and pointed into the air, his smile transforming into a full on grin to rival Sunshine's own.

Churl Churl
Seo groans, grabs a drink, and begins drinking as he slides towards the Trodick or whatever the fuck the name was to get some good fucking sleep.
Erra Post

Ass. Erra calmly thinks.

"Erra. No, I'll just stay here for a bit." Erra said, walking away and looking around for anywhere she could gather information.
Seo enters to see Erra skulking around the Trotinn, a scowling mare plastering a smile on her face as she sees him enter. “Oh. Another one. Er, welcome! There is a washroom in the back, sir.”

The Trotinn, like the other buildings in Kelpie Springs, is a large two floor set up. There is a front desk along one wall, and the bar on the other, a doorway leading the kitchen behind it. This isn’t the fanciest tavern he’s seen, but it’s clean. There are six round tables spaced around the room, only two of which are currently occupied with most of the town still outside and basking in the rest of your party’s arrival. It can be assumed most of the rooms are upstairs, there are only a handful of rooms viable through a small hallway in the back of the room.

Erra grows closer to the two occupied tables. One is occupied by a single human male who almost reeks of as much alcohol as Seo. He is passed out cold, mumbling in his sleep. The other table also has humans, a pair in fact, man and a woman. Both appear to be mainlanders, likely from the Spartacyn regions based on their accents and skin. They are playing a game of cards, the woman spitting to the side.
“Hell, you think these horses are going to let things be quiet?”

“I dunno, Sunbright seemed pretty obsessed with this stupid Heroween thing.”

“Sunshine.”

“Damn if I care. They all have these stupid glittery names.”

Hmm, perhaps they might not all be villains after all... Perhaps....

Condiment King followed Sunshine back over to Durlok, seeming mildly... disappointed?​
There was no external change to Durlok's behavior as he watched Sunshine interact with Part, his smile remaining just as friendly and warm as before. Inwardly, he was listening carefully, his opinion of the stallion suffering a vast shift along the lines of 'tyrant leader' and 'cultist worshiper'. Unlike most people, Duelok had insider knowledge of Ponykind due to his connections with the Whole Heart, and thus knew they came in two primary flavors. 'Questionably sane chocolate', and 'THAT'S NOT ACTUALLY VANILLA'. Sunshine was starting to give off of the second flavor of pony, as unfortunate as it was.

At Sunshine's reply Durlok chuckled, giving the stallion a small bow and broadening his smile slightly. "Well, I'd heard of pony hospitality before from my colleagues, but I hadn't actually been given the chance to experience it! Truly your generosity and kindness must know no bounds, if you're taking the time away from your duties to see after us."

So Durlok was buttering Sunshine up in order to find out more information down the line. It was what the traveling salesman did for a living, and by the gods he was going to butter this stallion into oblivion if he had to.

Durlok tapped his chin, humming as he slowly nodded his head. "Hmmm, well, since you're offering such a fabulous tour through your town... how could I refuse your offer? Let's go to the center then and see what the ingenuity of ponies can being to the world!" He raised a hand and pointed into the air, his smile transforming into a full on grin to rival Sunshine's own.
Sunshine claps his front hooves together excitedly, showing off that bizarre pony balance as he somehow doesn’t immediately fall over onto his face.
“Splendid, perfectly splendid! Come, come!”
Sunshine leads Durlock, Condiment King, Salt, Pepper, ‘Zeke’, and Jantet across the street into the building marked as the community center.

“The museum is on the top floor, but the first one is going to be the main attraction by the end of the week.”

Sunshine steps aside, showing you all an entryway decked in Heroween decorations. Down the hall, past two closed doors on either side of the hallway, is a ballroom larger than the one in the town hall. Several ponies bustle around, and stop to wave at you as they continue their work. It’s a bare bones set up for now, but clearly this room is being prepared for a large celebration. Crates crowd one corner of the room while a staircase presumably to the museum is next to them. Paper spiders dangle from the ceiling, and there are many tables laid out, enough to fit what you would assume to be most of the town’s population.

Bob holds Honey’s hand from his back as he is patted, looking at the Exodite with hopeful eyes. And then looking back at the books.

“Hmm Discordant Harmony, that’s their musical literature for sure. Whatever purpose they sign for could be looked into.

To Serve Man, I would guess that’s what mannerisms that ponies learn in order to interact with the Ocaerillian races to better deceive them with.

Gumdrop Recipies, just another one of their supposed sugar diets, probably just a coverup.

Equestria’s Bestiary, a catalogue of extinct races at best, probably a reminder of what delicious species they ate to death.

Slave New World, obviously the ponies see the possibility of our races as prospective slaves, best to be put to use for raising to eat.

Freedom isn’t Everfree, just adding to the previous point.

Lost Flavor? Another of their cannibalistic texts as they rediscover how meat tastes, remember Honey, the ponies spent centuries without meat as they ate everything.

Guide to Ocaeril, a way to deceive us in my opinion. Will have to read these all further.”

Bob will open Slave New World.

Honey raises and eyebrow at Bob’s descriptions but eagerly reads over his shoulder as the Halfling opens Slave New World. The author is listed as Stormy Skies. The introduction begins as follows:

Dementia, blessed and zany be his name, prepared us for many of life’s hardships in the old world. But nothing could have prepared me for life in Ocaeril. I was fifteen when I left the Cafe Cuddles. I, like many a young stallion, felt the urge to wander. To explore. To live. And so, I became a mustang. Yes, dear reader, I accept that a mustang is who I was. What else do you call one that abandons the cafe in search of their own life? But I assure you this is not a manifesto for the ‘mustang agenda’, as some of my former peers in the old world might fear. No, I write this as a warning, in hopes this book might find its way back to the cafes, back to the planet. As you shall see in the course of this book, life on Ocaeril as a mustang was agony. I was subjected to degradation, agony, and terror, and all this before I found myself subjected to that evil which our race has little connotation for, as it is an evil forgotten by our history and found only on Ocaeril: criminal slavery.

Last edited:
Erra Post

Seo enters to see Erra skulking around the Trotinn, a scowling mare plastering a smile on her face as she sees him enter. “Oh. Another one. Er, welcome! There is a washroom in the back, sir.”

The Trotinn, like the other buildings in Kelpie Springs, is a large two floor set up. There is a front desk along one wall, and the bar on the other, a doorway leading the kitchen behind it. This isn’t the fanciest tavern he’s seen, but it’s clean. There are six round tables spaced around the room, only two of which are currently occupied with most of the town still outside and basking in the rest of your party’s arrival. It can be assumed most of the rooms are upstairs, there are only a handful of rooms viable through a small hallway in the back of the room.

Erra grows closer to the two occupied tables. One is occupied by a single human male who almost reeks of as much alcohol as Seo. He is passed out cold, mumbling in his sleep. The other table also has humans, a pair in fact, man and a woman. Both appear to be mainlanders, likely from the Spartacyn regions based on their accents and skin. They are playing a game of cards, the woman spitting to the side.
“Hell, you think these horses are going to let things be quiet?”

“I dunno, Sunbright seemed pretty obsessed with this stupid Heroween thing.”

“Sunshine.”

“Damn if I care. They all have these stupid glittery names.”

Erra, overhearing the talking pair, tries to listen in without them noticing.

Sunshine claps his front hooves together excitedly, showing off that bizarre pony balance as he somehow doesn’t immediately fall over onto his face.
“Splendid, perfectly splendid! Come, come!”
Sunshine leads Durlock, Condiment King, Salt, Pepper, ‘Zeke’, and Jantet across the street into the building marked as the community center.

“The museum is on the top floor, but the first one is going to be the main attraction by the end of the week.”

Sunshine steps aside, showing you all an entryway decked in Heroween decorations. Down the hall, past two closed doors on either side of the hallway, is a ballroom larger than the one in the town hall. Several ponies bustle around, and stop to wave at you as they continue their work. It’s a bare bones set up for now, but clearly this room is being prepared for a large celebration. Crates crowd one corner of the room while a staircase presumably to the museum is next to them. Paper spiders dangle from the ceiling, and there are many tables laid out, enough to fit what you would assume to be most of the town’s population.
Durlok hums approvingly upon seeing the state of the interior of the community center, glancing over all the decorations with an appraising eye. "Hmm, I can tell that you're all planning on something big. Surely it'll be a grand event, just like any other party that you ponies put together." He chuckles, nodding as he turns to Sunshine with a happy expression. "If you'd like some help with the decorations Mr Sunshine, I'm sure my companions and I would be more than happy to assist in sprucing the place up for the coming holiday." Durlok says with a broad smile, turning back to observe the room.

Dispute his cheerful attitude, Durlok's gaze was piercing, his eyes tracing over every aspect of the room. Was there something out of place, a clue perhaps? Every moment he spent here listening to Sunshine Bliss made him feel slightly less comfortable. While he was unlikely to see anything suspicious, especially so early on, Durlok still glanced around at the room for anything seemingly out of place.

Interactions: Churl Churl

"Head upstairs and check out that Museum, will ya..?"

Condiment King motioned Pepper to head up the stairs, and he obliged, before the mention of decorations gives Condiment King an idea. He produced a packet of ketchup.

"I would relish getting to attend a party like this, and I think I can help you decorate too, ketchup makes excellent fake blood!"

Pepper meanwhile just casually walked up the stairs to peak at what would be there.​

Erra Post

Erra, overhearing the talking pair, tries to listen in without them noticing.
Erra is sufficiently stealthy, and the two clearly aren’t on the lookout for eavesdroppers. She is able to blend in with the poorly lit room as the man and woman continue their discussion.

The man coughs. “Careful Sugar Spice don’t hear you. Pretty sure she’s spit in a couple of our drinks.”

“I catch her in the act I’ll make glue out of her! Most of these assholes are friendly enough, but that one’s in need of spurs. Don’t know why the unfriendliest bitch in this place owns the inn.”

The two aren’t lowering their voices, they don’t care if the mentioned pony hears them or not. Or maybe it’s just they are completely used to ignoring her. Looking around, she has already retreated into the kitchen, so whether she’s heard any of this is unknown.

The woman shakes her head. “Seriously, though. What the bloody hell is up with these ponies and Heroween? They won’t shut up about it.”

“I think they have a thing about celebrations in general. Sunshine’s been ranting about celebrating our holidays as a way to merge the cultures or something. But you know how these things love candy and parties, this is fucking made for them. Once it’s over they’ll probably quiet down.”
Durlok hums approvingly upon seeing the state of the interior of the community center, glancing over all the decorations with an appraising eye. "Hmm, I can tell that you're all planning on something big. Surely it'll be a grand event, just like any other party that you ponies put together." He chuckles, nodding as he turns to Sunshine with a happy expression. "If you'd like some help with the decorations Mr Sunshine, I'm sure my companions and I would be more than happy to assist in sprucing the place up for the coming holiday." Durlok says with a broad smile, turning back to observe the room.

Dispute his cheerful attitude, Durlok's gaze was piercing, his eyes tracing over every aspect of the room. Was there something out of place, a clue perhaps? Every moment he spent here listening to Sunshine Bliss made him feel slightly less comfortable. While he was unlikely to see anything suspicious, especially so early on, Durlok still glanced around at the room for anything seemingly out of place.
Sunshine smiled and rubbed a hood against Durlock’s back. “Thank you very much, Mr. Durlock! I might end up taking you up on your offer later in the week. Still, you’re probably feeling tired after your long day, eh? Are you folks going to have an early night?”

As the leader talks, Durlock’s eyes can see that aside from the cheap decorations currently being prepared, there are set ups for larger things, and a few display cases already marked being built, although currently unfinished and empty. Whatever this celebration entails seems more and more bizarre by the minute.

"Head upstairs and check out that Museum, will ya..?"

Condiment King motioned Pepper to head up the stairs, and he obliged, before the mention of decorations gives Condiment King an idea. He produced a packet of ketchup.

"I would relish getting to attend a party like this, and I think I can help you decorate too, ketchup makes excellent fake blood!"

Pepper meanwhile just casually walked up the stairs to peak at what would be there.​
Sunshine steps away from Durlock, appearing easily distracted. “Ah, it warms my haunches to see you folks so eager!”

Pepper, meanwhile, manages to get to the top of the stairs. The museum is currently unoccupied, and several of the exhibits near the entry are covered up. Likely the pony that runs this museum is in the crowd outside, or else it is just closed today. Pepper noticed a table continuing several... concerning instruments, strapped to the table, of course. Lashes, weapons, spikes, etc. He’s too far to read the plaque. There do appear to be wax models or mannequins of ponies throughout the museum, which give him a scare for a half second until he notices how still they are. A giant painting of one of the gods... Dementia, he thinks, lines a wall. He doesn’t get a good look just sitting in the entryway, but going further might risk creating noise. He can already tell these are creaky floorboards. Then again, their group wasn’t really forbidden from being up here, it was more this whole place just made him feel... uneasy. Something in the air. His hairs were half on end.

Bob will just recoil in disgust, did these cannibals actually think making criminals work was slavery? What would they rather have them do? Stick them in a cell and feed them as a waste of resources? Neigh! Haha. Better to make them work for transgressing against the laws. Obviously this Stormy Skies was an idiot.

He'll open up Freedom Isn't Everfree.

Bob will just recoil in disgust, did these cannibals actually think making criminals work was slavery? What would they rather have them do? Stick them in a cell and feed them as a waste of resources? Neigh! Haha. Better to make them work for transgressing against the laws. Obviously this Stormy Skies was an idiot.

He'll open up Freedom Isn't Everfree.
The story is... actually written by Sunshine Bliss! It appears to be a manifesto of some sort.

It’s jacket blurb is as follows:
The Everfree forest in Equestria, a subject of many pieces of folklore from the Headless Horse to Red Hood and the Timber Wolves. One story that stands out is the fable of the Lost Colt. It is a classic, centuries old and yet still it persists in our cultural mindset. This tale is surprisingly relevant to life among the mustangs of Ocaeril. In this book, I, Sunshine Bliss shall walk you through the different layers of the story of the Lost Colt and how these interpretations apply to the life and history of us mustangs that have settled in Kelpie Springs, Ocaeril’s first pony town! It is a tough life on the frontier, but rest assured, as the Lost Colt learned sacrifices must be made for the good of the all. An individual cannot afford to be selfish and must instead be a part of a whole. Freedom is many things, but it is never, ever ‘free’.”

Honey crinkles his nose. “I am finding it difficult to ascertain if this is pretentious drivel or slightly disturbing. There is a certain... weight to these ideas. Then again, that could be my own bias. I have never much cared for those that look too far at their idea of the ‘big picture’.“

The story is... actually written by Sunshine Bliss! It appears to be a manifesto of some sort.

It’s jacket blurb is as follows:
The Everfree forest in Equestria, a subject of many pieces of folklore from the Headless Horse to Red Hood and the Timber Wolves. One story that stands out is the fable of the Lost Colt. It is a classic, centuries old and yet still it persists in our cultural mindset. This tale is surprisingly relevant to life among the mustangs of Ocaeril. In this book, I, Sunshine Bliss shall walk you through the different layers of the story of the Lost Colt and how these interpretations apply to the life and history of us mustangs that have settled in Kelpie Springs, Ocaeril’s first pony town! It is a tough life on the frontier, but rest assured, as the Lost Colt learned sacrifices must be made for the good of the all. An individual cannot afford to be selfish and must instead be a part of a whole. Freedom is many things, but it is never, ever ‘free’.”

Honey crinkles his nose. “I am finding it difficult to ascertain if this is pretentious drivel or slightly disturbing. There is a certain... weight to these ideas. Then again, that could be my own bias. I have never much cared for those that look too far at their idea of the ‘big picture’.“
“Hmm, quite the interesting perspective but one that is nonetheless true, we form societies and civilization knowing that we will never be our self, and we all contribute to it with our individual pieces. The group is composed of each individual.

However this is more fitting of a eusocial colony of insects.”

Bob will open up To Serve Man.

Pepper backs down the stairs and returns to Condiment King, he whispers something in the superhero's ear.

"Ah, I see, Durlok? I'll ketchup to you later! Salt! Watch him will you?"

Salt nods, and stays behind to watch Durlok, as Condiment King and Pepper went to examine those weapons, and that plaque.​

“Hmm, quite the interesting perspective but one that is nonetheless true, we form societies and civilization knowing that we will never be our self, and we all contribute to it with our individual pieces. The group is composed of each individual.

However this is more fitting of a eusocial colony of insects.”

Bob will open up To Serve Man.

It... actually isn’t a cookbook. Well, not that sort of cookbook, unless it is in coded language. The book appears to be a guide for Cafe workers, a pretty thick one too. It’s basically a big etiquette guide. Skimming through it there are signs of the typical pony eccentricity, many chapters seem devoted to correcting or containing bizarre behavior. As whimsical as the layout is, with multi-colored text, pop-up sections, and drawings a plenty, it’s still...

“Rather dry, in a way,” Honey notes. “I suppose it’s no small wonder that not all ponies can handle that work without their soul being gradually ground into the dirt. With how chaotic their race is, the idea some would be bored out of their skulls with an entire foreign world outside their doorway is very believable.”

Pepper backs down the stairs and returns to Condiment King, he whispers something in the superhero's ear.

"Ah, I see, Durlok? I'll ketchup to you later! Salt! Watch him will you?"

Salt nods, and stays behind to watch Durlok, as Condiment King and Pepper went to examine those weapons, and that plaque.​
The weapons are rusted or in tatters, despite the attempts to clean them for presentation. The plaque just reads “Tools of the trade, donated by Sunshine Bliss, Stormy Skies and Painbow Sprinkle. Ask your guide for an explanation.”

Erra Post

Erra is sufficiently stealthy, and the two clearly aren’t on the lookout for eavesdroppers. She is able to blend in with the poorly lit room as the man and woman continue their discussion.

The man coughs. “Careful Sugar Spice don’t hear you. Pretty sure she’s spit in a couple of our drinks.”

“I catch her in the act I’ll make glue out of her! Most of these assholes are friendly enough, but that one’s in need of spurs. Don’t know why the unfriendliest bitch in this place owns the inn.”

The two aren’t lowering their voices, they don’t care if the mentioned pony hears them or not. Or maybe it’s just they are completely used to ignoring her. Looking around, she has already retreated into the kitchen, so whether she’s heard any of this is unknown.

The woman shakes her head. “Seriously, though. What the bloody hell is up with these ponies and Heroween? They won’t shut up about it.”

“I think they have a thing about celebrations in general. Sunshine’s been ranting about celebrating our holidays as a way to merge the cultures or something. But you know how these things love candy and parties, this is fucking made for them. Once it’s over they’ll probably quiet down.”

Erra frowned. Not much interesting information there, other than Sunshine wanting to 'merge cultures'.

Sunshine is definitely up to something. And Heroween was definitely at the center of it.

Having little else to do, Erra continued listening in on the conversation. If there didn't prove to be anything too useful in the conversation, then she might as well head up to her room.

Seo walks towards the bathroom, and without much ado, proceeds fall asleep on the toilet while screaming 'occupied' if anyone tried to go in, while spending a good bit of his time before sleeping reading some books and being a general nuisance.

Sunshine smiled and rubbed a hood against Durlock’s back. “Thank you very much, Mr. Durlock! I might end up taking you up on your offer later in the week. Still, you’re probably feeling tired after your long day, eh? Are you folks going to have an early night?”

As the leader talks, Durlock’s eyes can see that aside from the cheap decorations currently being prepared, there are set ups for larger things, and a few display cases already marked being built, although currently unfinished and empty. Whatever this celebration entails seems more and more bizarre by the minute.

Sunshine steps away from Durlock, appearing easily distracted. “Ah, it warms my haunches to see you folks so eager!”

Pepper, meanwhile, manages to get to the top of the stairs. The museum is currently unoccupied, and several of the exhibits near the entry are covered up. Likely the pony that runs this museum is in the crowd outside, or else it is just closed today. Pepper noticed a table continuing several... concerning instruments, strapped to the table, of course. Lashes, weapons, spikes, etc. He’s too far to read the plaque. There do appear to be wax models or mannequins of ponies throughout the museum, which give him a scare for a half second until he notices how still they are. A giant painting of one of the gods... Dementia, he thinks, lines a wall. He doesn’t get a good look just sitting in the entryway, but going further might risk creating noise. He can already tell these are creaky floorboards. Then again, their group wasn’t really forbidden from being up here, it was more this whole place just made him feel... uneasy. Something in the air. His hairs were half on end.
"Oh, I wouldnt say that I'm particularly tired by now, but you do have a point. More than one of my companions look like they could use the rest, at the very least." Durlok concedes, chuckling lightly in amuesment. "Besides, an early night means an early morning, isn't that right Mr. Sunshine?"

Durlok easily noticed Sunshine's seemingly easy to distract demeanor, filing that away for later as something that may come in handy. In the meantime he nods at Condiment King as he leaves to go upstairs, turning to Sunshine with the same smile on his face, almost perpetually present since entering the town.

"So, anything else we need to see right away Mr. Sunshine, or shall we all get settled in for the night and get up early the next morning? I'm sure there'll be plenty of things to do tomorrow after all, my companions and I will undoubtably need the energy."

The Condiment Krew asks their guide, sunshine, for an explanation.​

Honey looks at Jefferson.

“This is a bit too much at the moment. I figure Sunshine will give us answers at your meeting with him tomorrow. Shall we head to the inn? It seems some of us are already there.”

The elf grabs a few books of his own.
Gravitys Momentum Gravitys Momentum
"Oh, I wouldnt say that I'm particularly tired by now, but you do have a point. More than one of my companions look like they could use the rest, at the very least." Durlok concedes, chuckling lightly in amuesment. "Besides, an early night means an early morning, isn't that right Mr. Sunshine?"

Durlok easily noticed Sunshine's seemingly easy to distract demeanor, filing that away for later as something that may come in handy. In the meantime he nods at Condiment King as he leaves to go upstairs, turning to Sunshine with the same smile on his face, almost perpetually present since entering the town.

"So, anything else we need to see right away Mr. Sunshine, or shall we all get settled in for the night and get up early the next morning? I'm sure there'll be plenty of things to do tomorrow after all, my companions and I will undoubtably need the energy."
“Why, you’re welcome to head in for the night if you wish, Mr. Durlock! I’ll go see to your friends, and we can talk again in the morning if that suits you fine.”
Seo walks towards the bathroom, and without much ado, proceeds fall asleep on the toilet while screaming 'occupied' if anyone tried to go in, while spending a good bit of his time before sleeping reading some books and being a general nuisance.
Seo is able to spend the night unaccosted before drifting off to sleep. A few times he can faintly hear Sugar Spice’s irritated voice outside the door, but that’s her problem, ain’t it? He had learned the mare’s name from a poster in the bathroom with her face urging all with hands to wash them when they are finished.
Erra Post

Erra frowned. Not much interesting information there, other than Sunshine wanting to 'merge cultures'.

Sunshine is definitely up to something. And Heroween was definitely at the center of it.

Having little else to do, Erra continued listening in on the conversation. If there didn't prove to be anything too useful in the conversation, then she might as well head up to her room.
The two don’t seek to have anything else of note, grumbling about the goblins and the ponies and then discussing more personal grievances from their past. You gather these two were sailors, smugglers likely, but not pirates.

Bored, you head up to your room after a while and find a small, cozy one-bed room that only has a nightstand, a closet, a chair, and a sink and mirror.

The Condiment Krew asks their guide, sunshine, for an explanation.​
Sunshine heads up to check on you after seeing Durlock off, and cocks his head. His smile dims slightly.

“Oh. Those. This is part of our exhibit on Ocaerillian culture and well, we needed to talk about some of the not-so-bright things too. Just a few odds and ends folks like me have picked up, it’s... nothing, really. I’m sorry, the guide can probably give a more entertaining lecture on everything, ha ha. I’m not really the educator type, I’m afraid. Er, you folks have plans for tomorrow?”

“This is a bit too much at the moment. I figure Sunshine will give us answers at your meeting with him tomorrow. Shall we head to the inn? It seems some of us are already there.”

"Yes lets, my eyes are getting quite tired." Bob leaves behind the books and walks towards the inn.

Erra Post

The two don’t seek to have anything else of note, grumbling about the goblins and the ponies and then discussing more personal grievances from their past. You gather these two were sailors, smugglers likely, but not pirates.

Bored, you head up to your room after a while and find a small, cozy one-bed room that only has a nightstand, a closet, a chair, and a sink and mirror.

"Blergh...I hate not making progress in suspicion..."

Erra flops down on the bed face first.

"All I've found out is that the weirdo in charge is focused on Heroween for some reason, and that something is going on in this town, which anyone with common sense could figure out."

She rubs her face. groaning in frustration.

"Might as well take a nap..."

Gravitys Momentum Gravitys Momentum

“Why, you’re welcome to head in for the night if you wish, Mr. Durlock! I’ll go see to your friends, and we can talk again in the morning if that suits you fine.”

Seo is able to spend the night unaccosted before drifting off to sleep. A few times he can faintly hear Sugar Spice’s irritated voice outside the door, but that’s her problem, ain’t it? He had learned the mare’s name from a poster in the bathroom with her face urging all with hands to wash them when they are finished.

Sunshine heads up to check on you after seeing Durlock off, and cocks his head. His smile dims slightly.

“Oh. Those. This is part of our exhibit on Ocaerillian culture and well, we needed to talk about some of the not-so-bright things too. Just a few odds and ends folks like me have picked up, it’s... nothing, really. I’m sorry, the guide can probably give a more entertaining lecture on everything, ha ha. I’m not really the educator type, I’m afraid. Er, you folks have plans for tomorrow?”
"Oh that sounds like a marvelous idea Mr. Sunshine! I'll just to the tavern and get myself a room then. You have a wonderful night! Ah, come along Mr. Salt, we have a room to procure." Durlok says farewell to Sunshine before leaving the community center, heading straight for the Trotinn. Upon entering the tavern Durlok immediately goes about locating the owner, asking about which room is his and being an absolute gentleman about it, no matter how annoying Sugar Spice might be.

Condiment King appears to be about to reply to Sunshine, but stops and notes Durlok's departure. He immediately turns and begins following Durlok to the tavern, waving goodbye to Sunshine

"Sorry pal, guess I'll have to Ketchup with you later!"​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back