• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Worst Special (Closed)

Bob notes down the physicalities of the ponies, making sure their marks and differences were pronounced clearly in his scroll. He’d then close up on Sunshine Bliss and ask, “Where do you keep your meats?”

Seo thinks for a moment. Doppelgangers sounded appealing due to the sheer fact it wasn't ponies, but knowing him and his luck, that likely wasn't the case. Best he could guess is that these were some sort of rogue ponies or some shit. Which, didn't sound too appealing to him. Their smiles, their disposition, their way of speaking- Ponies were always friendly and charismatic, maybe to an extreme. Maybe it was due to their strange magical abilities that were probably from the warp, maybe it was just that bastard adding his own personality into them but watering it down, thank Tiamat's tits.

What he can tell? These probably weren't allied to Dementia's little gay planet or the big man himself. Could still be doppelgangers, but they were most likely rogue. Or Dementia just couldn't be bothered to build a cafe around this area. Gah, now that's three batshit theories, fuck...Wait, no, that's two, right? He could probably just pray and ask the damn dude but fuck no he knows that's what he wants him to do.

"...Piece of shit," Seo complains, unaware that the way he said that made it sound like he was introducing himself as that name. Although, that probably was more accurate than his normal name.
“Welcome, Mr. Piez O’Shit!”

Condiment King, and his associates, Salt and Pepper

Interactions: Puppernickel Puppernickel | Churl Churl

"In Heinz-sight that wasn't my best, I'll admit."

Apparently, a brand of ketchup named Heinz happens to exist on Ocaeril. After arriving at the town, the Condiment Krew would follow Durlok silently, observing the strange pastel-colored horses and their associates. He listened curiously as Sunshine spoke. His mannerisms were strange to be sure, but Condiment King couldn't particularly judge, given his OCD-induced compulsion to intersperse his speech with condiment puns. Before Durlok could do so, Condiment King would respond to Sunshine's question.

"I would relish the opportunity to take a tour of your village good sir!"

Pepper chuckled at that one. Salt just stood there, ominously staring at the cheerful pony.
Sunshine blinked at the superhero and sidekicks as a purple pegasus mare with a wild dyed mane shouted from the crowd.

“Hey, Underpants! Didn’t you hear the introduction part, or does your back thing take up brain power?”

Sunshine sighs, but his smile doesn’t leave as he glances back into the crowd. “Now now, Ball Buster, no need to be rude.”

“Ayyyy c’mon, I’m just bustin’ yer balls!”
Zeke floated around the town, looking for anything interesting to kill.

Churl Churl
Zeke is able to take advantage of the confusion, likely unintentionally, to float past the crowd, only a few taking notice and giving him weird looks at yet another adventurer from this group kind of being rude, honestly. As he passes the first building, he can hear someone saying “psssssst!” in a theatrically loud stage whisper.
Bob notes down the physicalities of the ponies, making sure their marks and differences were pronounced clearly in his scroll. He’d then close up on Sunshine Bliss and ask, “Where do you keep your meats?”
Sunshine lights up as Bob approaches, yet for the first time stops smiling and gives the Halfling a look of bafflement.
“I... oh, you are Mr. Jefferson, correct? Yes, yes. Well, um, we do have a butcher, I suppose, if that is what you mean? Come, everyone! Let me give you the tour, names are... immaterial in this quick existence, yes! It is the experience, the camaraderie between strangers that blossoms into friendship that is the true substance of this life of ours! They’ll be plenty of time to introduce yourselves later if you wish.”

He waves a hoof at the crowd. “Regardless, we are just happy to have you folks here, truly! It wouldn’t feel right to celebrate Heroween without an adventurer present.”

Interactions: Churl Churl

Condiment King just stared at Ball-Buster with an expression like 'WTF', given her name and the fact that all their names are written on their shirts. Salt whispers something into his ear.

"Ah! My Sauces tell me you people can't read. That's fine! I'm the amazing Condiment King! And this is Salt, and Pepper, my employees. How wonderful it is to meet you... Ball... buster..?"

Condiment king was visibly holding in a laugh, which he failed to contain moments later as Pepper exploded in laughter. Even Salt chuckled a bit at the name.

"Lmayo!"

Zeke is able to take advantage of the confusion, likely unintentionally, to float past the crowd, only a few taking notice and giving him weird looks at yet another adventurer from this group kind of being rude, honestly. As he passes the first building, he can hear someone saying “psssssst!” in a theatrically loud stage whisper.
Zeke turned.

/HELLO? WHO'S THIS/
He asked, trying to peer deeper into the shadows. Justin case, he unraveled his monofilament blades.

At Sunshine Bliss’ reply, Jefferson immediately lighted up. “A butcher you say? I would be very interested in this tour of the commune if I got an in depth look at that butcher, I sure do love my sausages.” Bob writes frantically down circling the word butcher in quotation marks repeatedly.

“So what’s all the marks on your butts about?”

Zeke turned.

/HELLO? WHO'S THIS/
He asked, trying to peer deeper into the shadows. Just in case, he unraveled his monofilament blades.

The blue mare Seo and Jantet saw earlier is hiding between two of the houses. She looks pretty filthy, actually, wearing a shabby trench coat that has seen better days along with a floppy hat that is concealing if she is a unicorn or one of the earth ponies. She looks at Zeke with wild eyes. When she speaks, she is obviously trying to disguise her voice by lowering it, which doesn’t really seem all that effective given you are staring straight at her and she is freaking out at your presence.

“Gah! A monste- no, wait, you came in with those- please don’t kill me! Listen, send people to meet me tomorrow, I’ll be waiting in the candy store cellar, got it? Knock seven times.”

She jumps into a pile of bristles and tumbleweeds at the side of one of the buildings, and you see her dig through a little groove Until she disappears beneath it.

Condiment King just stared at Ball-Buster with an expression like 'WTF', given her name and the fact that all their names are written on their shirts. Salt whispers something into his ear.

"Ah! My Sauces tell me you people can't read. That's fine! I'm the amazing Condiment King! And this is Salt, and Pepper, my employees. How wonderful it is to meet you... Ball... buster..?"

Condiment king was visibly holding in a laugh, which he failed to contain moments later as Pepper exploded in laughter. Even Salt chuckled a bit at the name.

"Lmayo!"
The Pegasus in question blushes and holds her hooves over her face.
“It’s not my fault I can’t read, jerk face! Why you gotta go bustin’ my balls for?”

Sunshine shakes his head fondly. “Yes, I’m afraid while we’ve been blessed to speak local languages, written ones are another altogether. Most of my string here can only write to order off our own menus, and some of them not even in this land’s language. Something I hope to rectify for the next generation with our education. We are all escapees, you could say, or descended from them. Lost souls who fled the confines of the Cafes for a myriad of reasons. There’s not a lot that do choose this life, but I was still able to find a surprising amount. Maybe there would be more if... if we lived in safer times. Well, no point in being somber, we have the future to look to, after all”.”
At Sunshine Bliss’ reply, Jefferson immediately lighted up. “A butcher you say? I would be very interested in this tour of the commune if I got an in depth look at that butcher, I sure do love my sausages.” Bob writes frantically down circling the word butcher in quotation marks repeatedly.

“So what’s all the marks on your butts about?”
It’s Honey that actually answers Jefferson, giving the Halfling an incredulous look.
“Aren’t you a scholar? Surely you have heard about their cursed marks before?”

“Ah, cutie marks, actually.” Sunshine coughs.

“These ponies are marked by their god for their destined task in life. They ‘magically’,” he spits the word; “appear when a pony discovers the thing they are best at doing, I hear. Or rather, they are judged and it is decided what their peak performance is. A joke, a reminder there is little control in one’s life. Fitting, for the god of insanity to show his servants how little they can reach in this empty existence.”

Honey blows a ring of smoke as the ponies shift uncomfortably or give the elf some dirty looks.

Last edited:
"That's not my- ah, whatever, it's accurate. Hey, you guys have some booze here? You guys generally have those cafes of yours around, but I didn't see any around here, so I was wonderin' if you have some other shop that sells drinks and shit?"

Outwardly, it seemed as if Seo was simply asking if there was any alcohol nearby so he can waste his face with, even though he likely has more bottles inside his trolley, but this is more him actually questioning how come these little four-legged freaks don't have their dumb cafes around. Caffle&Cuddles...Who the fuck names their business like that? Sounds like something straight out of a children's play or some shit. Still, he needed to be somewhat useful here, and he wanted to make sure if these were or were not doppelgangers.

Bob writes ALL THAT DOWN. “Well you have to see that the Foundation, while an organization of academics, all our information is sourced from secondary sources and their claims, so all we have are our theories. I am the first to actually check these claims out of the Sovereignty.”

Jefferson scrolls down to another section of his scroll, “So how do these cutie marks work, Sunshine?”

Everything in Durlok's world was doing just fine, going smoothly despite his companions actions. The hobo was fine, if drunk, the girl was doing wonderfully if her quiet gesturing for attention was anything to go by, and everyone, even the Zeruellium who just flew off, was following the script. Durlok was pleased that his team could work so well, despite being a load of misfits.

Then Bob spoke up, and Durlok felt his head start to hurt.

"Stupid Sovereignty Scholar." He grumbled under his breath, barely even audible as he took a deep puff of his cigar and blew out, releasing a pink cloud at Bob's face in the process.

It’s Honey that actually answers Jefferson, giving the Halfling an incredulous look.

“Aren’t you a scholar? Surely you have heard about their cursed marks before?”

“Ah, cutie marks, actually.” Sunshine coughs.

“These ponies are marked by their god for their destined task in life. They ‘magically’,” he spits the word; “appear when a pony discovers the thing they are best at doing, I hear. Or rather, they are judged and it is decided what their peak performance is. A joke, a reminder there is little control in one’s life. Fitting, for the good of insanity to show his servants how little they can reach in this empty existence.”

Honey blows a ring of smoke as the ponies shift uncomfortably or give the elf some dirty looks.
However, while Bob was frustrating, it was Honey's comment on cutie marks that actually made something in Durlok's blood boil from the sheer incompetent ignorance in the Exodite's words, as if something he didnt know was there had snapped. However, he did not call Honey out on his grossly incorrect comments, instead remaining silent and giving the Exodite a long, simmering glare that did everything it could to say "Shut the hell up you idiot" before turning to Sunshine Bliss with an apologetic smile.

"Apologies for my, ah, companion here, Mister Sunshine. He's rather... blunt about his opinions, and I do hope you can forgive him for not being the most welcoming. He's just the grumpy type, that's all. Merely, ah, willfully ignorant."

Durlok ground his teeth at the last part, his smile becoming stoney as he gave Honey another hard look. For a brief moment Durlok wondered what had gotten into him. He really wasn't this aggressive normally, but hearing Honey so dismissive of Dementia and the ponies... hmm. Ah well, it was irrelevant for the moment.

Bob writes ALL THAT DOWN. “Well you have to see that the Foundation, while an organization of academics, all our information is sourced from secondary sources and their claims, so all we have are our theories. I am the first to actually check these claims out of the Sovereignty.”

Jefferson scrolls down to another section of his scroll, “So how do these cutie marks work, Sunshine?”
Hearing Bob ask for more details about cutie marks, Durlok opened his mouth to say something.... then closed it, blinking as he turned to Sunshine Bliss. "Actually, I will admit to being curious myself. I've heard details the couple times I've been in a CaffCuddles, but of course, you may have a different view on the matter entirely from the employees there. So, if you wouldnt mind giving us your take on the matter?"

"That's not my- ah, whatever, it's accurate. Hey, you guys have some booze here? You guys generally have those cafes of yours around, but I didn't see any around here, so I was wonderin' if you have some other shop that sells drinks and shit?"

Outwardly, it seemed as if Seo was simply asking if there was any alcohol nearby so he can waste his face with, even though he likely has more bottles inside his trolley, but this is more him actually questioning how come these little four-legged freaks don't have their dumb cafes around. Caffle&Cuddles...Who the fuck names their business like that? Sounds like something straight out of a children's play or some shit. Still, he needed to be somewhat useful here, and he wanted to make sure if these were or were not doppelgangers.
The more observant in the group might notice the first sign of true disunity among the ponies at the mention of the cafes. Some ponies seem to become irritated or fearful at the reminder of their typical native home on this planet, while others show no reaction and a few even perk up at the mention.

For his part, Sunshine laughs. “Ah, not to worry. We have hard cider and other drinks served at our Trotinn, Mr. O’Shit. We are stocked enough for your stay to be comfortable, I should hope.”

Everything in Durlok's world was doing just fine, going smoothly despite his companions actions. The hobo was fine, if drunk, the girl was doing wonderfully if her quiet gesturing for attention was anything to go by, and everyone, even the Zeruellium who just flew off, was following the script. Durlok was pleased that his team could work so well, despite being a load of misfits.

Then Bob spoke up, and Durlok felt his head start to hurt.

"Stupid Sovereignty Scholar." He grumbled under his breath, barely even audible as he took a deep puff of his cigar and blew out, releasing a pink cloud at Bob's face in the process.

However, while Bob was frustrating, it was Honey's comment on cutie marks that actually made something in Durlok's blood boil from the sheer incompetent ignorance in the Exodite's words, as if something he didnt know was there had snapped. However, he did not call Honey out on his grossly incorrect comments, instead remaining silent and giving the Exodite a long, simmering glare that did everything it could to say "Shut the hell up you idiot" before turning to Sunshine Bliss with an apologetic smile.

"Apologies for my, ah, companion here, Mister Sunshine. He's rather... blunt about his opinions, and I do hope you can forgive him for not being the most welcoming. He's just the grumpy type, that's all. Merely, ah, willfully ignorant."

Durlok ground his teeth at the last part, his smile becoming stoney as he gave Honey another hard look. For a brief moment Durlok wondered what had gotten into him. He really wasn't this aggressive normally, but hearing Honey so dismissive of Dementia and the ponies... hmm. Ah well, it was irrelevant for the moment.

Hearing Bob ask for more details about cutie marks, Durlok opened his mouth to say something.... then closed it, blinking as he turned to Sunshine Bliss. "Actually, I will admit to being curious myself. I've heard details the couple times I've been in a CaffCuddles, but of course, you may have a different view on the matter entirely from the employees there. So, if you wouldnt mind giving us your take on the matter?"

Sunshine shakes his head. “I can’t say our elven friend here is all that inaccurate. Although a more pleasant tone would have been appreciated, there’s really no need to be a glummy Gus, eh? When it comes to our cutie marks, they are as he says: magical marks representing our individual talents in some capacity. Some of them are literal, some are a more... nebulous take, I suppose. Hard to really catalogue scientifically, as the man said our creator is the god of insanity and chaos. Oh, but we interpret those concepts very differently as a people than you do down here, I understand. Much less negative connotations among us. Among followers of Dementia, he is viewed as a god of freedom, of sorts. The weight on the mind lifted through fantasy. The stagnant orders that seek to control everything interrupted through chaos, all bondage left in tatters.”

He looks each of you in the eye. “But our marks are a way to seek happiness, to discover what it is we are capable of. Now, there is more I would discuss on this town’s guiding principles, especially as they do not entirely detract from what our friend here said. We take a... different approach, here, in our beliefs in freedom and Dementia’s path. But I’ve held you folks up for enough time already, doesn’t feel very neighborly not to let you into the town and instead keep jawing on and preaching. You have all week to ask me your questions, for now I say we join your angel friend over there in introducing you to our little slice of paradise, if my answers have been satisfactory?”

Condiment King stood idly for a while after, noting the strange squirrely attitude of the ponies and Honey's mispronunciation. Hearing the description of the marks, he decides to look around on the flanks of each of the ponies, analyzing the symbols and trying to guess at any meanings, see if any might imply villainy.

Action - Look at all the ponies' cutie marks

Last edited:
Update- Tour and Observations

Condiment King stood idly for a while after, noting the strange squirrely attitude of the ponies and Honey's mispronunciation. Hearing the description of the marks, he decides to look around on the flanks of each of the ponies, analyzing the symbols and trying to guess at any meanings, see if any might imply villainy.

Action - Look at all the ponies' cutie marks
Shunshine guides the party through the town, and as he does so, Condiment King is able to get a better view of the different ponies. Given it’s a decent crowd, and there are some without their marks visible in the push of bodies, he mostly skims through most of the ponies, but several stand out in some fashion.
  • Ball Buster, of course, with her cutie mark being several symbols commonly used as a means of censoring swears in polite publications in the western countries (#*!)
  • A red-eyed unicorn stallion with a green coat and mane. His horn is almost completely covered up by his mess of hair, and outright invisible depending on the angle. His mark is... you don’t think that plant is oregono, that’s for sure!
  • The brown Pegasus Erra spotted earlier has a cutie mark in the shape of a gray key.
  • There is a disconcerting earth pony with a smile wider than Sunshine’s but with none of the charm. He is purple with a multicolored mane and the cutie mark of a broken femur.
  • An elderly but large orange Pegasus stallion with a gray beard hobbling through the crowd and eyeing each of the travelers critically. His cutie mark is an open eye.
  • A somber bright purple unicorn with a dark blue mane. Her cutie mark is a group of leeches.
  • A yellow Pegasus with a poofy red mane and colorful teeth that could be either stained or dyed. He has unfocused eyes and keeps shoveling sweets into his mouth. His cutie mark is a twin of sugar engulfing a pair of lollipops, a half-eaten chocolate bar between them.
  • An older earth pony mare with a bored expression beyond her superficial smile. She is green, with a tidy teal mane mane and a flame as her cutie mark.
  • Another earth pony mare with some kind of twitching tic. She is black and freckled, and has a purple mane. The others are clearly used to her spasms given the lack of reaction, and her cutie mark is a stack of books.
  • A pink unicorn foal with a white mane and a bunch of poppies as his cutie mark. He is excitedly running around the entire group in circles. As he gets tired, he catches up to the brown Pegasus who ruffles his head affectionately

Sunshine points out at the different buildings as you pass them. On one side, of the road, he points out the two buildings that serve as apartments for many of the town’s residents that aren’t business owners, as well as the candy shop, a building that functions as library, town hall and medical center, as well as a carpentry building. On the opposite side, he points to a bakery and tells you the butcher shop (for non-pony residents) is on the top floor. Buildings on that side also include a wood shop, a stand run by the two goblins from earlier, a community center, which is also a building Sunshine idly refers to as the commune’s museum and re-education building with no other context. There are other buildings of course, but mostly various craft shops. The building at the far end of the road is apparently Sunshine’s home, and nearby the last building on one side of the road is an apparent restaurant and tavern called the ‘Trotinn’, where Sunshine says you all will be staying.

“I know we aren’t the most exciting folks out there, but I sure hope we can give you ab interesting time this week.”

Last edited:
Erra Post

Shunshine guides the party through the town, and as he does so, Condiment King is able to get a better view of the different ponies. Given it’s a decent crowd, and there are some without their marks visible in the push of bodies, he mostly skims through most of the ponies, but several stand out in some fashion.
  • Ball Buster, of course, with her cutie mark being several symbols commonly used as a means of censoring swears in polite publications in the western countries (#*!)
  • A red-eyed unicorn stallion with a tan color and green mane. His mark is... you don’t think that plant is oregono, that’s for sure!
  • The brown Pegasus Erra spotted earlier has a cutie mark in the shape of a gray key.
  • There is a disconcerting earth pony with a smile wider than Sunshine’s but with none of the charm. He is purple with a multicolored mane and the cutie mark of a broken femur.
  • An elderly but large orange Pegasus stallion with a gray beard hobbling through the crowd and eyeing each of the travelers critically. His cutie mark is an open eye.
  • A somber bright purple unicorn with a dark blue mane. Her cutie mark is a group of leeches.
  • A yellow Pegasus with a poofy red mane and colorful teeth that could be either stained or dyed. He has unfocused eyes and keeps shoveling sweets into his mouth. His cutie mark is a twin of sugar engulfing a pair of lollipops, a half-eaten chocolate bar between them.
  • An older earth pony mare with a bored expression beyond her superficial smile. She is green, with a tidy teal mane mane and a flame as her cutie mark.
  • Another earth pony mare with some kind of twitching tic. She is black and freckled, and has a purple mane. The others are clearly used to her spasms given the lack of reaction, and her cutie mark is a stack of books.
  • A pink unicorn foal with a white mane and a bunch of poppies as his cutie mark. He is excitedly running around the entire group in circles. As he gets tired, he catches up to the brown Pegasus who ruffles his head affectionately

Sunshine points out at the different buildings as you pass them. On one side, of the road, he points out the two buildings that serve as apartments for many of the town’s residents that aren’t business owners, as well as the candy shop, a building that functions as library, town hall and medical center, as well as a carpentry building. On the opposite side, he points to a bakery and tells you the butcher shop (for non-pony residents) is on the top floor. Buildings on that side also include a wood shop, a stand run by the two goblins from earlier, a community center, which is also a building Sunshine idly refers to as the commune’s museum and re-education building with no other context. There are other buildings of course, but mostly various craft shops. The building at the far end of the road is apparently Sunshine’s home, and nearby the last building on one side of the road is an apparent restaurant and tavern called the ‘Trotinn’, where Sunshine says you all will be staying.

“I know we aren’t the most exciting folks out there, but I sure hope we can give you ab interesting time this week.”

Trotinn? Really? Erra takes a break from her casual disdain to shift to utter disdain at that pun.

Nevertheless, she turns to one of the fools with her and whispers "This place is weird..." As quietly as possible.

Celestial Speck Celestial Speck

• A red-eyed unicorn stallion with a tan color and green mane. His mark is... you don’t think that plant is oregono, that’s for sure!

“I know we aren’t the most exciting folks out there, but I sure hope we can give you an interesting time this week.”
/I SURE HOPE SO/

Zeke said. He completely missed most of the tour, being idly imagining a napalm run, but he noticed the mention of reeducation. That was like school, right? School was a good thing.

/HEY, CAN I BE REEDUCATED?/

/I SURE HOPE SO/

Zeke said. He completely missed most of the tour, being idly imagining a napalm run, but he noticed the mention of reeducation. That was like school, right? School was a good thing.

/HEY, CAN I BE REEDUCATED?/
Sunshine chuckles. “The full experience is reserved for permanent residents, but I will certainly be showing you, Mr. Jefferson, and any other interested parties a taste of that later.”

Bob perks up at library and museum.

"I would love to check your fine establishment that you call the community center."

Wiggling his eyebrows.
Sunshine nods, and gestures at the leech-marked unicorn.
“Dr. Blood Letter, if you would be so kind as to open up the town hall?”
She nods stiffly and unlocks the door, opening it wide before looking back at the party.
“My office is on this floor in the back. Come over if you have issues. Or don’t. Library is upstairs, there’s more offices and the board room up front on this floor for a look around. If Sunshine allows.”

She shuffles in and can be heard walking towards her office. Sunshine coughs before turning back to you all.

“Sorry about that, the Doc isn’t that friendly, but she’s a dear, truly. Regardless, any of you are free to explore the building if you wish, or we can pop on over to the community center if you’d rather look at that or the museum?”

Bob runs into the library, rushing up the stairs to read the collection the settlement has, and salivating at the thought of what nonsense they must have. It would be glorious and his loins shivered. Oh glory be to that which is most beautiful, rows of parchment and ink so blessed. Truly it is a wonderful day.

Based on analysis of the cutie marks, and their various unwholesome undertones, Condiment King could come to but one conclusion...

...I knew it! Villains! The lot of them!

Condiment King's grip on his ketchup-gun tightened as the re-education building was discussed, while Pepper leaned in and whispered into his ear.

"You thinking what I'm thinking, boss?"

Condiment King nodded, but remained silent, lingering around Durlok to see what the ponies would do next and remaining the outsider of the group. If any pony were to so much as look at him funny though, they would get be taking hot sauce to the face.​

Durlok took quiet note of everything the town had to offer, feeling curious at the mention of a candy store and even more curious at the mention of a quote on quote 're-education building'. He noted the way Condiment King remained right next to him, giving the saucy man a slight nod of acknowledgment as he scooted closee to his assigned bodyguard. After all, you could never be too sure about any town, let alone one populated by a foreign minded race. You could never tell how they might react...

Durlok remained quiet during the tour as he allowed his partners to ask questions, merely eyeing up the state of the town as a whole, especially how those who lived here carried themselves. You could tell a lot by the way someone held themselves, after all. They might give something away without meaning to.

Action: Observing the way the inhabitants of Kelpie Springs act around the adventures.

Bob runs into the library, rushing up the stairs to read the collection the settlement has, and salivating at the thought of what nonsense they must have. It would be glorious and his loins shivered. Oh glory be to that which is most beautiful, rows of parchment and ink so blessed. Truly it is a wonderful day.
Honey follows after Bob, possibly out of respect for his informal position as the latter’s appointed bodyguard, but more than likely due to his own personal curiosity.

“A collection of knowledge from those closest to the stars. I wonder, will I find their judgement of the texts of this world, the selected writings of our millennia of culture, or shall we see their own wealth of knowledge?”

He paused, and squinted his eyes in thought. “Actually, wait. Can they even write with hooves?”

The two enter the library, which occupies the entire second floor of this building. It’s nothing compared to a mainland library, not even half the size of the Owlhoof one, but damn if it isn’t packed to the brim. Given the physique of the ponies, there is ample walking room, so it isn’t cramped to travel along the bookshelves, but they are stacked high and on the walls pile all the way to the ceiling. The shelves themselves are each about just under ten feet, made out of a sturdy black wood. Given the Pegasi and levitation magic of the Unicorns, heights don’t really seem to be an issue for about 2/3 of the pony race, even if it seems a bit unfair to the Earth Ponies. Well, there are three ladders scattered around the library, so at least the Earth Ponies aren’t completely locked out of the option.

Interestingly enough, many of the books on the walls are native to Ocaeril. Classic literature is stacked haphazardly next to groundbreaking texts in the scientific fields as well as random tomes neither the Halfling or Elf had heard before. Not due to rarity, but just because it seems the ponies had collected any text they could get their hooves on with enthusiastic gusto for this library. And it shows: there is a not-insignificant amount of texts that are visibly yellowed or stained or missing pages or covers. The ponies could have collected some from the rubbish, for all you know, and things are arranged in a bizarre system. Things aren’t placed randomly, but beyond grouped by language, it is clear they were placed next to each other for aesthetic or compact reasons. It’s enough to make the orderly Exodite cringe, and who knows what is the affect on the poor Scriptorium scholar. At the very least, two shelves in the middle seem devoted to pony-written texts.

Based on analysis of the cutie marks, and their various unwholesome undertones, Condiment King could come to but one conclusion...

...I knew it! Villains! The lot of them!

Condiment King's grip on his ketchup-gun tightened as the re-education building was discussed, while Pepper leaned in and whispered into his ear.

"You thinking what I'm thinking, boss?"

Condiment King nodded, but remained silent, lingering around Durlok to see what the ponies would do next and remaining the outsider of the group. If any pony were to so much as look at him funny though, they would get be taking hot sauce to the face.​
Durlok took quiet note of everything the town had to offer, feeling curious at the mention of a candy store and even more curious at the mention of a quote on quote 're-education building'. He noted the way Condiment King remained right next to him, giving the saucy man a slight nod of acknowledgment as he scooted closee to his assigned bodyguard. After all, you could never be too sure about any town, let alone one populated by a foreign minded race. You could never tell how they might react...

Durlok remained quiet during the tour as he allowed his partners to ask questions, merely eyeing up the state of the town as a whole, especially how those who lived here carried themselves. You could tell a lot by the way someone held themselves, after all. They might give something away without meaning to.

Action: Observing the way the inhabitants of Kelpie Springs act around the adventures.
All three of the alert adventurers as well as Durlock notice that the ponies, as unsettling as the atmosphere is... seem pretty sincerely eager to have you all here. It is difficult to get a good read on Sunshine Bliss, even for an experienced people-watcher like Durlock and a hero trained in PR like Condiment King. He just has a very uncertain vibe about him and his expressions, there are no obvious tells about that he is being facetious, and he appears genuinely enthusiastic and surprisingly patient with you all, but it hard to see a trace of emotion behind that drive. His smile is the only thing conveying his apparent happiness, the rest of his body language is neutral. Almost lifelessly so, when he isn’t moving.

As for the rest of the ponies, it’s a mix. Everyone seems very glad you are here, but there do seem to be a few that give you similar looks to the Pegasus, but none as blatant as hers. She sticks out like a sore thumb in the crowd, visibly uncomfortable around the others, but politely chatting and doing her best to maintain contact with the energetic unicorn foal. A few ponies shout welcomes to you, and their calls reinforce what Sunshine said earlier: he apparently wanted at least a single adventurer to come to Kelpie Springs for the week of Heroween, and has informed the rest of the commune of this plan, to some extent, given they knew to expect you and seem expectant. Many of the ponies are giving earnest friendly conversation and looks to you, but a sparse few, be it their eyes, or the tug of their smiles, or just an imperceptible mixture of things in their body language that set you off, remind those observing of the pony race’s apparent species-wide ‘eccentricity’, sometimes expressed as outright insanity. Still, there are not that many that seem that far gone, and the ones that do seem harmless for the moment, and are being escorted around by what you assume are friends and family caring for them.

The pair of goblins are in their stand trying to hawk something at both the crowd and you, but the residents ignore the two completely. A one-eyed human young woman chats with another human, this one a man of apparent Jade descent. There are a few other humans, as well. Different ethnicities, you see some that look like islanders, some from the mainland, some that have the paler skin of Ireway ‘natives’. There’s maybe six or seven humans total, one of whom is apparently the town butcher, given the meat emblem on his apron, a likely approximation of a cutie mark. Perhaps as a gesture of absorption into their community, perhaps a legitimate necessity to mark his occupation among a people that normally can sense things from each other with ease. Regardless, the humans as a whole give off the same feel as the friendlier ponies: curious and welcoming, no apparent malicious intent. An older gentleman, one you remember as owning the tailor shop from the tour, tips his hat to Durlock when they meet eyes, before bending over to pet at an orange cat rubbing against his leg. There is... something strange in the air, that sets every single person in the party a little on edge, but no obvious source among the residents, except perhaps Sunshine. Maybe it’s just the atmosphere of this place?

Bob began secreting tears of sorrow as he crumpled into a small halfling ball, and begin rocking back and forth. “No organization, no system? No care for the texts?” Five minutes of this existential crisis continued, before Bob slowly came to a stand and went to read the pong written texts.

Was Seo paying attention? Who knew! This was anyone's guess at this point whether or not the hobo was even aware of what was going on, or if he was invested at all. The answer was probably no, but hey, at the very least, he was interested enough to at least try and do some detective work, even though it was complete and utter shit? That had to mean something, right, right?

Erra's obvious point that this was, indeed, a weird place, caused Seo to sorta look at her like she was a kid who hit his head against a rock and has never been the same since. The immortal simply took a mild sip from his beer, as he simply shook his head. "You tell me, Sherlock." A groan came from him as he downed more from the drink, shaking his head once more. "Something shitty is gonna go down and we're probably get fucked harder than the Corruptor on Spanksgiving. Again, ten bucks it's the businessman. Or the halfling. The dude's been crying for a while now." Amazing detective work there, old man. Seo just kinda stared at the group, before letting out a sigh.

Regardless, Seo tries to remember what he was meant to do, again. If he can't remember that, he just looks around for any hotels to rest or if anything particularly eye-catching is happening.

Interactions: Churl Churl | Puppernickel Puppernickel

While Durlok reads continues the tour, Condiment King would break off and begin approaching various ponies, as well as the butcher. He would ask a few basic questions. He would wipe off his expression of suspicion and replace it with a smile, but never once would he let Durlok out of his sight. He motioned for Salt and Pepper to remain with him as well.

"Mayo I ask, why did you move to this village? And how has life been here?" (To the butcher)

"You alright? it looks like tonight just isn't cutting the mustard for you." (To the sad-looking pegasus)

"You look like quite a seasoned member of this community, might I ask, who founded this village?" (To any random pony, or the top hat man, if he is a pony.)

Last edited:
Erra Post

Was Seo paying attention? Who knew! This was anyone's guess at this point whether or not the hobo was even aware of what was going on, or if he was invested at all. The answer was probably no, but hey, at the very least, he was interested enough to at least try and do some detective work, even though it was complete and utter shit? That had to mean something, right, right?

Erra's obvious point that this was, indeed, a weird place, caused Seo to sorta look at her like she was a kid who hit his head against a rock and has never been the same since. The immortal simply took a mild sip from his beer, as he simply shook his head. "You tell me, Sherlock." A groan came from him as he downed more from the drink, shaking his head once more. "Something shitty is gonna go down and we're probably get fucked harder than the Corruptor on Spanksgiving. Again, ten bucks it's the businessman. Or the halfling. The dude's been crying for a while now." Amazing detective work there, old man. Seo just kinda stared at the group, before letting out a sigh.

Regardless, Seo tries to remember what he was meant to do, again. If he can't remember that, he just looks around for any hotels to rest or if anything particularly eye-catching is happening.

Erra grunted. Yeah, she had been really obvious there.

Ugh, what was I thinking! Guess I'm used to being around people who have zero brain cells...

Erra pulls her cloak tighter around herself before heading into the Trotinn, intent on gathering information. Specifically, through overhearing conversations. Didn't want to draw any more suspicion than she usually did.

Durlok hummed loudly as he noticed CK break off from the test of the group, nodding to Salt and Pepper as they remain to guard him. He didn't react in the slightest to the fact that everyone in the town appeared genuine, as he honestly wasn't afraid of them to start with. Oh, he knew he probably should be afraid of them to at least some degree, but... well. Durlok had luck on his side. He would be safe regardless of the danger.

At the end of the tour Durlok actually found some amusement in Blood Letter's curt attitude, smiling slightly at the doctor before turning to Sunshine Bliss with a chuckle. "Well, I know I for one would love to see everything this town has to offer! Although I do suppose the community center does sound nice to start with. Ah, that is, as long as we aren't taking you away from any important work, Mister Sunshine." Durlok amended, his smile turning apologetic as he chuckled some more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back