• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The world of Yrin

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Myremon finished his bowl of stew, and watched as Ash went outside. The rain was lighter now, but still relentless. When Veronica rose from the chair to follow Ash, Myremon just raised a hand, a wordless act of "Leave it to me." He excused himself and went outside. He heard her talking to herself about the curse, and when he was about to go to her, Shi went ahead. She apologized to Ash, making Myremon smile under the mask. He slowly approached the two girls. "It wasn't your fault, Ash. The Curse isn't something you can control, and you shouldn't blame yourself for it." He patted Ash and Shi on the heads. "Thank you for your help, Shi. You were invaluable for Ash's recovery." He looked at Ash again, sighing heavily. "It's a given that I forgive you, but right now, I think you need to forgive yourself."

Ash

She looked up at Shi "...Thanks..." and returned to looking at the rest of the destroyed village until Myremon came out the door. She looked away but her face turned red when he mentioned the curse. Did he hear her? She sighed, it doesn't matter now. She can't stay silent forever. "...It's just....you've all been so nice to me and I just tried to fucking kill you...how are you over it!? It's as if nothing happened! The mouse girl and Dante are gone and none of you seem to be grieving! The fox girl seems a-ok all the damn time! As if she doesn't give a shit about anything! I spent 2 months here, crying because everybody I knew was dead, and I'm still upset!? Why can't I get over it!? Am I weak?" She began to tear up. "You're here with friends and everything....and...I've..just been here...all alone....and I've been holding all of these emotions inside of me....and I just let them all out! Like someone weak! I am weak! Just like how I let everybody die back then! Because I was weak! And I can't even remember anything from before I was 8!" She yells a frustrated yell but calms down soon after. "It's...horrible being alone....knowing everybody you know was killed...in front of your own eyes, and the kids who weren't were taken to be corrupted and become demons..."

Dante was enraged with what he found after going so far just to find his sister. Instead, he was met with a demon rebellion supporter that plagued was most likely drunk along with the rest of his posse. People that only lived to make him, his family, his father's colleagues, and Ash look like the monsters that Darkene pushed as the true villains behind Yrin. So, he just had to result to paralyzing a few of them, just shooing the others one off, and unfortunately killing the one that suffered from a strong case of Cardinal Pride. It was unfortunate. The faint flapping of wings could be heard when the thunder and rain weren't blocking it away. He even seemed to be holding onto one of his legs, like it was bleeding. It was easy to discern which blood was his as it was a normal red compared the purple stains he gained from killing someone suffering from the Cardinal Sin.

As the demon landed back outside the house in the rain, he looked like a mess. His white clothes were stained with deep purple blood from one of his own kin. The only thing that differed was the red coming down one of his legs and his cheek, the former of the two he was grasping onto as to not lose too much blood. But as soon as he came in, he quickly began to limp over to one person in the room. "A-Ash!" His voice stood out like a sore thumb compared to everybody else's, staggering over to the girl and moving his arms around the young girl to give her a hug. Even if he was a literal bloody mess. "I-I'm so sorry I had to leave on you, kiddo... I thought that my sister was in danger and there was a fight with some..." Dante had to take a minute to find his wording. He wouldn't be forgiving himself for a long while after killing his own kind. Especially when they were stuck in that state. "P-people and she wasn't there but I just need to check. What I'm trying to say is that I'm sorry I left you. I'm the only other one here that knows what that feels like. My mom had to keep in a forcefield just to keep me from causing a wildfire. So...yeah" The demon finished with his rambling. That was one thing that separated Dante from the rest of the group. He was technically the enemy. And was technically fighting for the enemy. But how he saw it was drawing all the negative attention towards the real perpetrators. It can't be the demons, right? They were just a tool, a pawn, and technically a victim of war. And Dante was determined to become their liberator.

Last edited:
Shi

Shi flicked her tongue out again and tasted something in the air. Another being. She sensed the pain and injuries on it. She was ready to help when they landed. She had seen him before. She noticed his features and scooted back. He was a demon - currently covered in blood. She stood up and went behind Myremon. She projected her sentence to him. "Demon, Myremon. Demon covered in blood." She held onto his arm, covered in hard armor. All of her tails flicked about or scraped circles into the floor from nervousness. "Demon. Shi not like demons."

Gabe Gabe plastic_lover plastic_lover

Lily Ylva
Ash's House - 2nd Day​
Lily shrugged at Veronica as the others ran out of the room, a cheeky smile on her face all the while, her hands raised in the air half-dramatically as she gazed on. She even giggled as Ash had mentioned her, until one phrase stuck into her mind, stopping her train of thought dead in its tracks. "And I can't even remember anything from before I was 8!" Lily mused over the words in her mind, so that was how old she was when this all happened, it was all too familiar.

"Don't worry Ron-Ron!" She gave a slight smile to the girl, taking another bite from her meal. "She'll get over it, I know I did." Lily noted, almost skimming over her own statement, returning her attention to her food, attempting to sift through the useless herbs. The carcass was still fresh and bountiful, sure, but she didn't want to waste what was already before her. It posed the question, however, one that Lily had never asked herself. Like it clearly had done with Ash, just how had the sights she saw that fateful day affected her? Losing everyone you loved, stuck alone without a friend in the world, doing whatever you could to survive. Surprisingly, Lily understood what she was going through more than anyone, not that she was the best source of advice.

Myremon watched silently as Dante returned. Shi ran behind him, reasonably scared. "Don't worry, Shi. Dante is a friend. He's not from Yrin." He nodded, patting her on the head. "Dante! I thought you were gone. I'm glad that it isn't the case. So it wasn't your sister, then." He was worried. If demons could do things like that, it wouldn't be long until they could mask each other's auras. "Let's go inside. You can tell us what happened in there, and also get cleaned."

Ash

The hug from Dante was quite unexpected, but it did make her feel better. She didn't stand up and she kept looking off into the distance. She actually liked rain. Watching it fall, hearing thunder roar. She would always come and sit here when it was raining and she felt sad. She looked at Dante. He knew what it was like to go through Wrath, but he didn't know how it felt to let loose a bunch of emotions that's been kept locked away for nearly 6 months. She couldn't find anything to say, she doesn't know how to start up a conversation right now, after what just happened. She stood up and went inside, quickly climbing up the stairs and throwing herself onto her bed.

what do I even do...?

Veronica Saia

She had stood up to go after Ash, who went outside, but stopped when Myremon signaled her to stay behind. She turned to look at Lily as she began speaking to her. "Heh...well. Let's hope she does." She went over to her backpack and grabbed some candy. She was hungry for something sweet. She grabbed a mint and threw it in her mouth. Delicious. She heard a familiar voice and she poked her head out the door. "Hey Dan. Good to know you're back." and went back inside once the others did. She wanted to go after Ash but was she really the best person to speak to her right now? Obviously not.

Shi

Shi watched the demon- Dante. Ash got up and left without another word. Shi didn't know much about demons but she was certain something was wrong. Her instincts told her to go. she looked up at Myremon as he pat her head. She smiled and left his side, following Ash wherever she was going. She found her laying on a bed. Shi was being careful to stick to the shadows, not wanting to startle the demon. She was still afraid she'd get hurt again. She finally was standing right next to Ash. "Shi can help." She said before placing her hand on the girl's chest. She immediately was pulled into her consciousness. She was going to be very careful doing this.
Shi searched through her thoughts and memories, looking for the moment everything went wrong for her. She found it roiling with negative emotions. She prepared herself and began altering Ash's emotions from negative to positive. She couldn't change them completely but it allowed her to have a more optimistic outlook towards the events. When she was officially done she slowly pulled away from the girl's consciousness and took her hand away.
Shi hid under the bed in case it didn't work properly, knowing it would take a moment for Ash to regain herself. She held her breath, waiting for the results to show themselves.

RizaTiz RizaTiz Gabe Gabe

Ash
With: Gabe Gabe plastic_lover plastic_lover Randomfella Randomfella Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6

She stared at the wall until she heard someone's voice. She turned around. "Huh? What are you-" Shi placed a hand on her chest and she felt everything go blank. She couldn't move. Everything was just...Blank. She felt something in her mind.

what the hell? what is this?

She felt weird. She didn't like this. She felt a presence in her mind

what the hell!? Get out!

But no response. She was just yelling to herself inside her mind. Whatever was inside her mind was changing her. A few seconds passed and she was finally back to reality. It took her a few seconds to be able to move again and when she was able, she sat up. "Huh?" She felt....good. Why was she being so negative before? Why was she being so rude before? She DID attack Myremon and it was horrible but if he forgave her, why hadn't she forgiven herself? She's in the present. She couldn't let a horrible past control her! She smiled and jumped up from the bed and stood up. She walked over to the stairs, with a skip in her step. "Hey guys!" She waved from atop of the stairs, smiling.

Myremon entered again, deciding to cut up slices of venison to salt and dry out. Travel rations were invaluable, especially in a realm that has close to no friendly settlements. When he was working, however, he heard Ash's voice, suddenly and uncannily cheerful. Weird.

He left the kitchen, knife in hand, seeing Ash with a large smile on her face, waving at everyone. "Hey... Ash..." He said, still dumbfounded. What happened to her? What caused this sudden shift in mood? And where the hell was Shi?

Shi

Shi made sure Ash was gone before climbing out from under the bed. She walked downstairs, smiling when she saw Ash happy. It worked this time. It really worked. She walked into the kitchen where Myremon had been cutting more venison. She grabbed a piece and ate it just like she had the other piece. "Shi did good. Ash happy now." She smiled and licked the blood off her lips and fangs. She once more sat on the floor and opened her book, trying to find the pictures she was on before. She finally got it and continued to look at the pictures. "Myremon read?" She looked up at him with curiosity.​

Lily Ylva
Ash's House - 2nd Day​
"Oooh, a little bit of hypnotism!?" Lily clapped as Ash came out once more, amused by the sudden drastic change of tone. It was either that, or there was a lot more wrong with the half-demon than they had originally thought. The fox girl's eyes darted to the front door, before staring back at the others, this place was getting a bit too... Dull. "Hellooo, it was nice meeting you Ashy!" Lily closed her eyes as she waved back, before hopping up from her seat, and putting her bags back onto her back, the clinks of glass audible as she did so. "We still have a couple 'heroes' to rescue! Plus, way more to see!" She exclaimed joyfully, skipping toward the door.

Dante was a bit offput by the new...person backing away for him for being both a demon and covered in blood. The blonde opened his mouth up to say something to but figured that anything he said right now wouldn't help his case all that much. How would you explain all that purple blood to someone you were just about to speak to? 'Oh, don't worry! I just killed another drunk demon that was attacking me! No big deal!' It was kind of a lose-lose situation right now. But he had to say something to her! "H-hey, I'm Dante. I'm guessing your name is Shi?" Let out the half-demon with a smile across his face, trying to give a good impression despite not being in the best condition right now.

After hearing what Myremon suggested for him to do next, he had noticed that the girl he was once hugging ran inside and up the stairs swiftly. "Hey, kiddo! Where ya goin'?" The other demon asked before running inside, only to be stopped by Veronica greeting him. "Oh, uh, hey 'Ronnie." The demon stated briefly before looking over to the stairs as Shi began to go up there as well. Maybe it was best if he just hung low for now. If he knew anything with his sisters, well Black Dahlia, if they run up to their room they want to be left alone for the time being. His attention turned back to Myremon for a moment, that was until he heard a familiar voice greet him again. One that just sounded a bit off from earlier. "Ash?"

He returned back over to the young girl. Why was she in such a good mood all of a sudden? Was something wrong with her? This wasn't the mood that she was just in earlier. There's no way anyone can recover that quickly! Especially after only a few seconds up there with...wait. Her. What did she do? This had to have something to do with this new girl that just showed up. He simply turned around to face Shi, expression showing a hint of worry yet no anger. He wasn't mad at Shi. She probably didn't know what she was doing. But he just had to ask. "What did you do?"

Shi

Shi went back to her book. She liked the pictures. They comforted her despite her inability to read. She jumped Dante asked her what she did. She held the book over her head and pulled her legs up to her chest, all three of her tails curling around herself. "Shi made Ash happy. Shi did good thing. Shi like making people happy."
She very slowly inched herself back. She was afraid he would get mad at what she had done.

plastic_lover plastic_lover

Myremon looked at Shi, before trying to piece the puzzle together. Shi could telepathically talk to people in their minds. That, combined with her healing powers, the everlasting desire to help and a seemingly artificial body, made Myremon think that she could hear mental maladies as well. But for how long? And what would be the backlash? "I believe Shi's method of healing is particularly efficient against the woes of the mind. Although I don't know for how long, and if there would be any adverse effects. I think we need to observe Ash for the time being. Would mind doing that?" Myremon asked Dante. Dante was much more empathic regarding Ash, since both of them were demons, and Dante's protective behavior for the little demon was already proven several hours ago. He turned to Shi, answering her question. "Yes, Shi. If you want, I can teach you sometime."

Seeing Lily eager to leave, Myremon floated towards the middle of the house, raising his hand. "A minute of your time, everyone. Lily has a point. Each time we spent here is time that we could've taking the fight to the Demon Lord's forces. However, the... events of today had probably weared everyone out, so I suggest we move first thing tomorrow. For now, since everyone is already well fed, we should sleep. Although I appear fine, my mana is low, and I'd be a liability in the field." He looked at everyone's reactions, then continued. "One last thing, for Shi and Ash: I'm wondering if you two are going to join me, Lily, Veronica and Dante on our quest. I won't hold it against you, this quest is dangerous at the best, and downright suicidal at the worst. However, your aid would prove invaluable in the field. Ultimately, the choice is yours."

Ash

"Heh." She laughed for a moment at Lily's little joke and then listened in to Myremon. "Nyeheheh, Yeah! You guys can sleep in my room or in the other room. I like sleeping down here with the fireplace." she said and then continued listening. "Nyeheheh!" She jumped from the top of the stairs, flipping through the air and, unlike the first time they met, actually stuck the landing. "Of course I'll come! What, do you expect me to live here alone for the rest of my life? You've...seen what I can do!" She walked up to Myremon after he finished speaking. "Hey, I'm sorry about earlier. If you want to...know more about my past, I can tell you about it." She smiled and turned to Dante. "Thanks for worrying so much for me" she said as she gave him a hug, which was surprisingly pretty strong.

Veronica Saia

She was surprised when Ash came back out of her room, all happy and waving at them. What happened between her and Shi? Doesn't matter, Ash is happy now.
She waved back and turned to look at Myremon when he began to speak.
"I agree. The only thing we would accomplish going right now would be getting ourselves and everything we have, wet. It isn't that late but we should sleep soon so that we can wake up early tomorrow to continue our quest."

Lily Ylva
Ash's House - 2nd Day​
Crossing her arms defiantly, pouting as she let out a short "Hmph. Lazy humans" Lily scoffed slightly, looking back toward the others. "H-Hey! Shouldn't we put something like that to a vote!?" She stated, looking back at Shi and Ash, before looking toward Myremon with a scowl. "I vote yes! The motion passes!" She suddenly beamed up, eyes closing through her smile, a finger pointing in the air as if it made it any more official.

"Plus, if Dano or Ashy throw another tantrum, Shi can just bend their minds to her will! Nothing morally corrupt about that!" Lily giggled, hopping in place for a short moment before dropping her bags back onto the floor. "Can't believe you're afraid of a bit of water!" Lily chuckled toward Veronica, before a sudden boom of thunder roared behind her. Lily's fur stuck up in shock, making the half-human look more like an angry cat than a fox, her facial expression freezing from the shock for a split second, before she attempted to regain her cool with a light chuckle, her legs slowly scooting away from the noise.

"You're waiting for me to do something like that, don't you, Lily?" Dante asked, crossing his arms. The lightning hit the ground not far away from the house, and the thunder made Lily freeze in fear, eliciting a chuckle from the winged demon. "Oh, someone's afraid of loud noises? Don't worry, Lily, everyone has a weak point. I'm sure such a strong beastkin such as you won't have any problems with that, right?" His sly smile was punctuated with a flash of gold of his eyes. Pride. He sighed, approaching Myremon. "It's alright, I can help Ash. She... she reminds me of my sisters, back in Darkene. You know, fraternal instinct and all that." He smiled, wiping a drop of purple blood from his face. "And I need to get ready for the travel as well." They stopped talking when Ash approached, giving Dante a big hg, to which he gladly complied, even though he was completely dirty. "Ah, Ash, you got some... you got some on you." He used his sleeve to clean Ash's face from the purple liquid. "Alright, we're off first thing tomorrow. Right now, I need to clean myself and to sleep. The fight wasn't all that pretty." He nodded at everyone and went upstairs.

Myremon watched as Dante left, then turned his attention to Ash. "I'll take up on your offer later. Right now you need to rest. Don't worry about it, okay?" He patted the demon girl in the head, then addressed everyone again. "Since majority won," He looked at Lily, "We'll leave tomorrow morning. You should rest and regain your strength." He then looked at Shi, still entertained with her book. "Shi. Would you like me to read it for you?" He "landed" near Shi on the floor, his clothes pooling under him. Gingerly taking the book on his hands, he started reading. "Huh, so this is really The ugly duckling... Anyway, let's begin." He started reading it to Shi, sometimes showing a word from the book to her. He needed a reprieve from all of the conflict, all the strife.

Veronica Saia
With: Gabe Gabe Randomfella Randomfella Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6

She burst out laughing when she saw that Lily got scared by the lightning. "Hahahahahaha! You!...Should have seen the look on your face hahahahaha." She continued laughing for a couple of seconds before slowly stopping. "Whew...nothing like a good laugh, Heheheh...." She went over and grabbed her backpack. "I'm gonna go and sleep. I'll go sleep in the other room upstairs. Good night." With that, she climbed up the stairs and into the other room.

Ash

"Alright. Sounds good." She took off her jacket, which showed how small she really was, and placed it on the table. "Well...Good night." She laid down next to the fire place, which was still somewhat warm. She fell asleep rather quickly.

Shi

Shi looked up at Myremon as he took the book from her. He was going to read it to her? She was so excited! She'd finally get to know what it said. Her tails flicked about in excitement as she sat next to him. Her eyes kept scanning over everything as he read it. It was a story. A being called a duck got lost and then sad. But then it's family found it again. Family. She looked up at Myremon.
"Family?"
She had so many questions. What was a family? Did she have one? What did they do? Why was it called a family?

Gabe Gabe

Lily Ylva
Ash's House - 2nd Day​
Pouting toward Dante for a short moment, Lily crossed her arms, looking back at Veronica as she started too. "It's just my cat-like reflexes! Always prepared for action, haha!" She stated, while dramatically posing with one hand in the air as if riposting with a blade, her position making it clear she didn't actually know how to properly do so, trying to play it all off. "Fine, guess your kind definitely need beauty sleep." She grinned up to the others, before rummaging through her bags, and moving some equipment to the corner of the room. "Time to see just how potent these are!" Lily's face seemed to expand in excitement as she held up a bag of recently gathered herbs, roots, and the like.

By the morning, the half-human could be found slumped over a makeshift stool, slight bouts of high-pitched snores escaping her, a concoction still bubbling in the middle of her peculiar setup of alchemical equipment.

Day 3

Veronica Saia
With: Gabe Gabe Randomfella Randomfella Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6

The sun shone brightly in the sky, birds were singing, the rain having stopped a few hours ago. It was quite peaceful.
Veronica slowly opened her eyes and got up slowly. She blinked and looked around the room. It looked pretty nice. She couldn't see most of it before since there wasn't any light source and she only had a match with her. She stood up, stretched and went to the bathroom. A few minutes later, she came out, with her hair brushed and a comb in hand. She grabbed her backpack and put the comb inside. She carried it with one hand and went downstairs. "Good morning everyone..." She said, still a bit sleepy.

Shi

Shi was sitting on the floor with her book in her hands. There was a few other older books scattered around her. Her tails scraped circles in the floor. She had said she was going to sleep last night, but that was to put them at ease. She didn't need sleep. She had stayed up reading her book over and over. Hearing Myremon read it helped her learn what the words were and then she learned what the words actually were in the book. She found a few other books in the house and grabbed them to read. She learned quickly how to read, but she knew it wasn't perfect.
She looked up at Veronica. She smiled wide at the girl.
"Good morning, Veronica."
She waved to her.

RizaTiz RizaTiz

The wraith was immobile, as if someone carved and painted a very detailed statue on the ground. Myremon had his head down, the face of the mask looking down at one of the books Shi gave him. He attempted to remain awake, reading to Shi, but the lack of mana and general exhaustion from the fights on the previous day made him fall asleep on the spot. Myremon didn't breathe or move, while Shi was reading near him. As if someone breathed life in the statue, Veronica's words nudged Myremon awake. He rose his face, the black eye holes of the mask being filled with a yellow glow of the wraith's eyes. "Oh, ah... Good morning, Vero." He closed the book on his hands, placing them near the tailed girl, and slowly rose from the ground, his vests regaining the modicum of feet. "Slept well? How do you feel?" He took a gander on Veronica's mana flow. The flow paths were unchanging, but the amount was healthy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back