• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The world of Yrin

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Myremon was sitting, for the lack of a better word, in the stairs of the temple. The wizard looked at the bright sky, the sun bathing the trees of the conveniently placed forest on the surroundings. He kept remembering the look of horror that the girl who suggested that he ate one of them gave to him. Horror and suspicion. He looked at his hands, the black gloves absorbing the sun rays, giving a warm and pleasant sensation. Was he the monster that girl said that he was? Was he transformed in his mind, just like his body? He placed both hands at his face, sighing. When he took his hands from his face, he saw the half demon, Dante, leaving the temple as well.
“Did they find the girl?” Was all he asked, maintaining a serious tone.

"Yeah. Sleeping behind a conveniently placed rock. Did you honestly believe you ate her? I like Eris and all but that was a long stretch." Dante answered the mage with a chuckle, flying over to where he was currently sitting. The sun somehow complimented his crimson red skin and golden blonde skin and he seemed to be enjoying the sunlight from above. He closed up his angel-like wings, opting to sit down next to Myremon on the stairs for the time being. He wanted to find out more about this mage since he presumably knew the most about this place and he was curious as to his parent's homeland. But for now, he's got to act casual. "Do you have any family back home?" He asked while thinking about his own awaiting his return. Dante wished to get to know his backstory more about the man's backstory.

"I didn't believe anything. All I saw was the fear in that girl's eyes." He looked at the forest again, his iron mask glistening in the bright sun. The chains on his back that hold his censer now were slung on his back, since his censer was currently doing its job of protecting the campfire. The black robe, ragged on the ends, were a grim reminder of his transformation. He smiled under the mask, looking wistfully at the sky. "I was a single child. My parents were from Alberdeen, far south of Darkene. They both worked in the School of Arcana, and I was gifted enough so that the headmasters recognized my aptitude and took me in. They died when I turned 16, a rare disease claimed their lives." He shook his head. "Nothing anyone could've done. I continued my studies and when I graduated, I took to the roads. Eventually I reached Darkene. My second family, so to speak. Celestia's family took me in like I was a long lost sibling. I studied alchemy with them and Veronica for a good while." He sighed, turning to Dante. "What about you? What made you come all the way here? Seeking your heritage?" He pointed to the wings.

Lily Ylva
The Yrin Temple - 2nd Day​
Lily began to wipe a tear from her eye as the dust settled, her breaths beginning to calm, at least to her normal state. That was, until, the mouse emerged from behind a simple rock. "Hahaha!" The half-human almost fell over once more, catching herself by the stomach mid-way. Suddenly Lily moved toward the mouse, moving her hands toward the girl's face to slightly grab onto her cheeks. "Yeah, we were soo worried!" Lily cooed jokingly, almost as if she were mocking Veronica, though a happy expression stayed plastered to her face.

The sound of rumbling glass could soon be heard as Lily rushed back to pick up her backpack, eagerly swinging it around her arms and into a comfortable position, a blowgun swaying freely behind it. "You know, I'm almost glad those humans caught me." She continued to giggle, looking around at the three still within the temple. "You guys are too much!" Lily almost bursted out once more, but stopped herself mid-chuckle, before prancing toward the exit. "To Yrin!" The small half-human commanded, in more of a squeak than a heroic roar, her body visibly shaking in anticipation from the thought of it.

Direct: Sacrosanctis Sacrosanctis RizaTiz RizaTiz Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6
Vicinity: Gabe Gabe plastic_lover plastic_lover

Ann looked confused, then Lily grabbed her cheeks while laughing. Saying they were so worried, but it didn't seem as sincere as one would think. She nodded when Veronica told her to gather everything up. They were finally leaving the temple and into Yrin. She had tried to do as much research as she could about the place before they chose her. The place just fascinated her to no end. Everything was different but similar in so many ways. She fastened her belt to her hips and clipped her dagger sheath to it. She rubbed her eyes and yawned one final time. "I'm ready to go. Can't say I'll keep up too well."

RizaTiz RizaTiz Randomfella Randomfella

Veronica Saia
Current Location: The Yrin Temple ---> Outside the Yrin Temple
With: Gabe Gabe Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6 Randomfella Randomfella plastic_lover plastic_lover Sacrosanctis Sacrosanctis

She watched as the little fox girl pranced her way to the exit. At least she seemed optimistic? She looked towards Ann.
"If you still feel tired, I can carry you." She said to her, but then remembered that the obvious conclusion to come to is that she would carry her with her arms.
"U-Uh. Not with my arms. W-with my hair." She said, but realized that sounded stupid. "...Y-You'll get what I mean if you agree to it." She said finally. "For now, Let's just get out of here." She said while walking towards the entrance/exit. She wondered how Yrin would be like. She stepped outside, feeling a bit uneasy once she did but the feeling quickly went away. She looked at Myremon, who was talking to Dante. "Hey Mair. We found her."

Eris sighed in bewilderment, but smiled at the knowledge that everyone turned out to be okay. This was already quite the thrilling start to their adventure, and she wondered how it would progress as they went on. For now, this moment of peace was enough to get rid of her slight feeling of discomfort about the whole journey. This distracted her from the thought that they could all die, and instead she could only think about how well everyone in their group was getting along. On that note, she tried to think about how she could reconcile how Myremon thought of her as she packed her stuff and left the front door of the temple.

Ann stood next to Veronica. She rubbed at her eyes again as they left the temple. She was offered to be carried. "I'm fine. This is how I am everyday." She offered a tired smile before she went to look at the all the plants and herbs that surrounded the old temple. They grew all along the side and top of the building. The vines were ones of poisonous species. The thorns - when touched - injected a lethal dose of an unknown arsenic into the body. It was often extracted and used to coat blades and arrow tips. She really wanted to collect some for analyzing, but she didn't want to risk pricking her finger. "Stay away from the vines. They're poisonous."

Randomfella Randomfella RizaTiz RizaTiz

After Myremon listened to Dante, he was called from within the temple. Veronica had the missing girl, and the group was ready to depart. He rose from the stairs and nodded. "We're entering enemy territory now. Don't let your guard down." He pointed his staff to the mountains. "The lair of the Demon Lord is to the other side of the continent. And I heard some prisoners talking about a safe haven somewhere to the west." He made a "come hither" motion with his hand, the censer floating to his hand almost as if it was its own being. "Let's go. We need to find our next camping place, and we're burning daylight. We don't want the demon ghost to eat children, do we?" He said, glancing at his offender.

Veronica Saia
Current Location: Outside the Yrin Temple
With: Gabe Gabe plastic_lover plastic_lover Randomfella Randomfella Sacrosanctis Sacrosanctis Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6

"Alright. Thank you for letting us know." She said to Ann with a smile. She looked forwards. An old looking bridge, with a river rushing rapidly beneath.
The bridge looked very weak. In order to advance forward into the forest, they would have to cross it. They couldn't cross anywhere else because from all the destruction, the temple was closed off to the rest of the world due to the land formation. She listened to Myremon speak.
"....I doubt we'll be going to the Demon Lord's lair any time soon. We should go to the forest and see if we can reach a town or a shelter for tonight. The forest seems very big so we should begin now so we can hope to exit it when night comes. I doubt we'll be very safe in a forest."

Eris nodded towards Ann with a smile. "Right!" She was glad to have such resourceful members in their group; after all, she didn't know anything at all about how subtle objects like plants in the environment could effect her. She would have to be careful. Then, Myremon's hardcore stare in her direction brought chills to her spine, and fear immediately gripped her. "A-a-a-about that..." Eris hastily fished for excuses, and she eventually sighed in exasperation. Her fear was replaced by shame, and she bashfully avoided eye contact with Myremon as she began to apologize. "Myremon...I'm sorry for earlier... I didn't know what I was saying." Tears began to form in her eyes, and she lowered her voice to hide the fact that it was trembling. "I don't think of you like that...really..." She felt genuine sorrow for what she said to him. What she said was horrible, and she never would have said it to a normal person. The truth was, Eris hadn't fully trusted Myremon because of his general appearance, and she hated herself for it. She felt regretful as she realized that Myremon was one of them now, and there was no reason for him to be treated any differently than how she would treat Ann or Veronica.

Myremon looked at the tearful Eris near him. Taking a deep breath, he calmly placed a hand on her shoulder. "I don't blame you. I figured something like that would happen. It's a given with my appearance." He tapped her lightly on the shoulder, and turned her back on her. "There are only two things that you can't take back: A spell cast and a spoken word. You can't take back what you said, you can only make up for it. Raise your head up high, and move forward." He took a few seconds to reorganize his thoughts. "That being said, if it makes you feel better, I accept your apologies." He looked back at Eris, nodding with his heavy mask. Then he looked at Veronica. "No time to dawdle. Veronica, what's the course of action?"

Veronica Saia
Current Location: Outside the Yrin temple
With: Gabe Gabe Randomfella Randomfella plastic_lover plastic_lover Sacrosanctis Sacrosanctis Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6

"Wait, Me?" She was surprised that Myremon asked her that. Did he think she'd be the leader of this group? "...Well. Obviously, We should cross that bridge to get to the other side, as soon as possible." She looked at Dante. "I'm sure you can fly us over right?" She asked since he had wings. "Afterwards, we should go through the forest and try and reach a place where we can safely sleep for the night." She looked at Ann. "You can help us with plants that we find along the way." She smiled. "Maybe you can find some plants that'd be really good in creating items." She looked at everybody else. "Well. Let's not waste anymore time. Let's get down this temple first." She looked at the steps. Some had broken and cracked. "Uh. Watch your step and don't slip." She said. She started walking down the steps. The portal room was quite high up from the ground. It'd probably take her a minute to get down, walking that is.

Dante was about to tell his story of family to Myremon before everyone else came in like a flood, making him stay quiet for a bit. While Eris was apologizing, he felt like it wasn't his turn to speak. Until she started crying. His brotherly instincts kicked in as he went over Eris and began to help wiping away the tears. "Don't worry, Eris. It was an honest mistake and you had no bad intents." He comforted with an arm wrapping around her like he would one of his little sisters back home. Before answering Myremon's question, he decided to go with the one Veronica asked him currently.

"I can fly myself over there but definitely not all of you at once. The most I can carry is two at a time. And even then that'd be difficult." He answered unfortunately to Veronica's request to fly them over. Dante nodded at Veronica's skeleton for a plan but knew that he would probably improvise his way through the group if push comes to shove. Instead of being careful with his steps, he chose to fly beside Myremon. "So you were asking about my family back home?" He asked, going back on topic.

Lily Ylva
The Yrin Temple Exterior, Bridge - 2nd Day​
"Poisonous, ay?" Lily slightly smiled at Ann's comment, moving toward the vines and placing a finger toward them. She remained there for a short moment, finger moving to a fro, before the half-human finally snapped back and ran back toward the others.
"Don't worry Erry, humans are naturally ignorant!" Lily beamed up toward the girl, as if making an attempt to reassure her with a friendly tone. That was until her focus was cut off by the sight of the bridge below. "Woh..." The girl paused, taking in the sight of it... Before almost tumbling down the steps toward it. Every slip and stammer was soon corrected, each time Lily seemed to start to fall she pranced back around into control.

"Fly across this!? What a waste! First course of action! Last one to cross carries my bags!" The half-human yelled behind her, her vials and tinctures clanging as she moved erratically. As she reached the bridge, Lily leapt onto the first step, seemingly oblivious to the worn nature of the construct. *CRACK* The audible sound of Lily's foot striking the first wooden panel could be heard, soon followed by a sharp 'yeep' from the half-human. *splosh* A more distant sound, far below followed briefly after, the small fractured parts of wood plummeting through the long drop below. Lily, flat on her backside at the start of the bridge, looked toward the group behind her. "Maybe flying isn't such a bad idea..." Her voice echoed across, the slight tad of glee still abundant within it despite the accelerated rate her heart now pumped at. An awkward, almost embarrassed half smile spread across her expression.

Ann found the bridge everyone was talking about. It was very dangerous looking. Despite her appearance and attitude, she loved stuff like that. She would love to cross it on foot. She didn't think any of them would actually let her. So she waited for their decision on how to cross. It would probably be much safer than how she was planning to cross.

Myremon looked at the bridge. He didn't have any problems crossing it before, and in this form, he could simply fly over it. However, the others could snap the bridge, and he didn't want anyone perishing right after leaving the temple. "I can carry one as well, but like Dante said, it would be difficult." He shook his head at the half human breaking a plank right away. "We need to cross this to proceed, although I'm not sure that everyone can cross at the same time. Let's go one at a time." He tugged one of the ropes, which seemed sturdy enough. He turned to Dante. "Yes, you haven't talked about your family yet. I believe it was your turn." The wraith said with a chuckle.

Veronica Saia
Current Location: Outside the Yrin Temple ---> The Bridge
With: Gabe Gabe plastic_lover plastic_lover Randomfella Randomfella Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6 Sacrosanctis Sacrosanctis

"It's alright. The people who can carried over first just have to stay there until we all get over and then we can go into the forest." She said as she was walking down the stairs. She looked at Lily as she was preparing to run over the bridge "Lily no!-" The part of the bridge she had stepped on broke and fell into the rushing river below. Lily, thankfully, was still safe. "That's why I said that we should fly over. You could have died." She reached the bridge and looked at the river below. "Jeez....Falling into there would mean instant death." She waited for Eris, who was still walking down from the temple.

Eris was glad about the support she had from the rest of the group. She had been worried that they wouldn't like her for saying something so harsh. Moving on, she looked at the unstable bridge lying ahead of the group and let them decide how to cross; she wouldn't want to fall and hurt herself. Just as she was pondering the pain someone could experience from the fall, Lily took a dangerous fall, and Eris gasped in shock at the frightening scene. "Be more careful, you could've died!" Luckily, she didn't seem to be hurt, but she'd definitely need to be more cautious going forward. Eris entered in from the temple stairs and caught up with the rest of the group.

Veronica Saia
Current Location: The Bridge
With: Gabe Gabe Sacrosanctis Sacrosanctis plastic_lover plastic_lover Randomfella Randomfella Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6

She waited until Eris joined them. "Alright. We're all here. So. Who wants to go first?" She looked at Dante and Myremon "You two ready to carry us to the other side?" She said. She looked at the bridge. When did it get so broken down? Could one of the previous heroes have fallen down here and been swept away by the rapid current? If the gap between here and there was shorter, she could easily just grapple onto one of the trees with her snakes and bring herself there but as it is now, she wouldn't be able to reach. Her thoughts were interrupted by a sudden earthquake that hit the area "W-Woah!" The ground was shaking horribly beneath them. All of a sudden, a square barrier, preventing anybody and anything from passing, appeared around the temple and from the strength of the earth quake, the worn down bridge finally broke and nearly all of it fell into the river below. After a few more seconds of intense shaking, the earthquake stopped. Veronica was left on the ground, feeling quite dizzy and nauseous.

Dante was wrapped up in the conversation, a chuckle escaping through his lips as he didn't want to talk about anything other than his family. His own family was his heart and soul since they were basically all he had outside of a few other outcasts like ghosts of forgotten travelers that never had someone to go home to or 'monsters' driven away from their former homes. "My family is everything to me. I don't know if you ever met them personally but my parents used to have a store in a big city in Darkene. They sold weapons, potions, a lot of art, and my papa even did construction. Everything was going fine until...well you know. Their names are Valkaria and Mephistopheles, he used to be a demon commander when Yrin and Darkene were on good terms but quit to live in Darkene with my mama. My guns even used to be-" He was cute by the cruel reality that the bridge was breaking and they had to do something about it fast.

"Right. Veronica, you're looking too dizzy. Whether you like it or not, you're going first." He stated while picking the girl up bridal style to even out the weight. "Here we go." He stated, starting off slow before swiftly taking off and leading her to the other side of the bridge. "Now lay down while I get the others." He suggested before flying back over to the shaky bridge. "Who's next?"

"I probably did meet them, but-" He was cut short of his answer by the earthquake. Floating a bit more than normal, he surveyed the environment, when the all familiar barrier covered the temple. "Just like the other time." He shook his head. The runes that appeared on the barrier seemed like some sort of barrier made by Darkene, that blocked the portal from the demon's hands. He wanted to study it more, but with the bridge collapsing, it was a matter of time until they were spotted. He grabbed Eris, just like Dante grabbed Veronica, and transported to the other side of the place. "Alright, two more."

Last edited:
Veronica Saia
Current Location: The Bridge ----> The Bridge (Forest side)
With: Gabe Gabe Randomfella Randomfella Sacrosanctis Sacrosanctis plastic_lover plastic_lover Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6

The entire world was spinning. She felt nauseous. She never did like earthquakes. Although she's never felt one as intense as this before. She heard something crash into the river. It sounded like something heavy. Could it be the bridge? She was still on the floor, trying to recover from that experience, until she felt someone lift her up. Seems like she was going to be first. She just closed her eyes and suppressed the urge to vomit. After a few seconds, she felt the soft grass beneath her. She heard Dante tell her to stay there. "Y-yeah...N-No problem..." She stayed laid down, trying to get over the dizziness and nausea.

Ann had fallen during the earthquake. Something hard hit the back of her head. She watched the sky spin before her eyes. Her head hurt badly like a rock was thrown at her. She yawned but that only added to the pain. She'd have to whip something up that would help with her head and the injury that caused the pain. Possibly everyone else's based on how she felt. She groaned, debating just laying there and letting everyone else go on without her.

Myremon flew over the river again. Looking at the two remaining girls on the wrong side of the river, he noticed that Ann was down for the count. "Hey, kid, are you alright?" He slowly raised the girl from the ground, looking at the blood smudged rock under her. "Shit. Hold on tight, we'll heal you as soon as we get you to safety." He took flight again, already thinking of a spell to heal the girl. As soon as he reached the other side, he slowly placed her on the ground. "Dante, grab the last one. She's been injured." Myremon placed a hand on the wound, chanting a spell that was completely familiar to any apprentice mage. It was a spell that even though it's simple, it's extremely efficient in dealing with wounds. He kept chanting until the wound has closed, and the girl in perfect form again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back