• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The World Of Innixus (IC)

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
__flamebringer_arknights_drawn_by_jokerpang__sample-8f563b5b5eda7c176631494a161f1d42.jpg

Asher
Interaction: The Elder The Elder Kyuubey Kyuubey
"yeah, you're right even if they don't exist... things are getting.. bad real quick no time for philosophical questions like that" Asher would say with a small nod as the pair ran through the rainy streets air becoming heavier and thicker with Vile energies at least that what it felt like to Asher. whatever the case was they did need to find their Lioness friend.. and soon. but Toshiro was 100% right.. the place was under attack.. by something with a lot of magic.. everyone was running away form the city.. something bad was gonna happen he could feel it.. "don't worry i will" he'd say with a nod continuing to run alongside Toshio noticing how tunnel-visioned he was.. Asher needed to stick with him feeling like if he didn't the boy could get himself killed blinding running into... something whatever it might be, luckily it seemed they'd managed to find her.. carrying someone else and going out of the city like everyone else. "iv got no damn clue whats happening but all i know is we just.. need to get going in the other direction NOW" Asher yelled the last part only a bit out of breath form all the running they where doing.

1701825926371.png
1701829179029.png
Olivar was immediately taken aback by the Lioness' change in attitude. He could have sworn she was onto him from the very start? Was she just cranky at the time? No of course not. He knows for a fact she's just playing along until the dark fairy slips up. Oh well, so long as she behaves for a little while longer it won't matter in the end. Thus began the mental battle of 'who will break first' between the fairy mastermind and the overly protective beastwoman. If he was right about one thing this was CERTAINLY going to be a fun adventure. Olivar smiled and spoke in response to the lioness' "kind" words. "Oh there's no harm done. I'd be much the same in your shoes. After all you never know what kind of maniac you could be talking to at that time of night. It's nice how things turned out though no? Once again I am grateful for your hospitality given the circumstances." The dark fairy took a seat at the table, taking the menu offered to him as he began to peruse his options. "Ahhhh! I can never decide what to have in this place! Everything simply looks too good!" One might think he was just acting right now. But no for this small moment he really was struggling on deciding what to eat. As he kept scanning the menu his eyes landed on something that could just about sate his appetite. A delicious beef stew served with bread on the side. "Hm I haven't tried this one before... Could be worth a go..."

Maeve soon spoke up, asking if Olivar had been to this Inn before and mentioning she's having trouble deciding what to have while also inadvertently dropping the lioness' name in the process. Well that certainly saves me digging for that little nugget of information "I see..." Olivar had no reason to lie for a question like that. So he proceeded to speak truthfully. Afterall the best liars are the ones who know where to sprinkle in a little truth here and there. "I have in fact been here a few times before. If I might help you decide with a recommendation... The Egg fried rice is simply quite exquisite! The perfect blend of seasonings with the high quality eggs and rice is guaranteed to leave your tastebuds dancing with joy! Or if you're in the mood for something sweeter they have a nice fruit salad too. Implementing some of Vinalda's various unique fruit into the dish is sure to be a delicious experience too." As if on queue the doors to the inn slammed open. One of the carriage guards stood at the entrance, a deadpan look on his face as he shuffled in. Olivar looked over with a curious expression and watch as he heavily fell onto a seat of the table just across from theirs. "Oh my... Looks like he's had one to many drinks last night." He said with a joking tone. Meanwhile the guard sat there unphased... And glaring at Maeve with those deadpan eyes of his.

leviohsa leviohsa Britt-21 Britt-21

Cecil.png

1702088434785.jpeg
Jackaboi Jackaboi leviohsa leviohsa Goonfire Goonfire

Cecil felt that pit open up in her stomach as those silver eyes darted towards the redheaded fairy You did not just say my name. Thought the Lioness, trying very hard not to stare the young fairy down and make her shake in her boots. This was not the information that this little weird fucker needed. Side glancing Oli, her ears turned slightly to listen to him and her gaze shifted towards the table in thought. He's going to beat me at my own game before I even get a chance to move. I'm certainly not letting that happen. As soon as the door to the inn had slammed open, it caused her to react quick, onto her feet immediately and darting her attention towards the threat with peaked ears and prepped nails. It was one of that old lady's guards, stumbling and fumbling with this deadpan look on his face before plopping his sorry ass on a chair on a nearby table. "Too much to drink, huh?" Cecil would know all too well about that as she herself liked to drink until close to this state.

But there was something off, without making it too obvious she began to sniff quietly to try to get a scent off this man. If he really drank himself dumb then fine, but otherwise... That gaze of his went right by her, and when Cecil followed along he noticed he was eyeing Mae. If this guy had a problem with her then he would have done something last night. No one is this dumb to do this in broad daylight right? Oh who the fuck am I kidding at this point. Anyone will do anything. "Hey moron!" Cecil shouted while positioning herself in front of Mae to block his view "Say Oli, how about you go bother him? You can handle yourself right? Case he gets a bit aggressive." Why not put him to the test? Handle a drunk guard who doesn't even reek of alcohol. If anything there was some mixed scents in there that she didn't want to mention. "I mean you do wonder in the dark within the enchanted forest and actually got out alive so. This is nothing right?"

Rina.png
1702089872412.jpeg
Firelie Firelie Goonfire Goonfire

A bit tribal is right. Thought Rina while watching Logi went up to the cave to investigate. "Ambush...Well I don't like the sound of that." The dwelf replied while moving towards the entrance to get her own look into it "I don't mind investigating but I surely would not want to get lost in here. It also kinda looks a little tight. Granted nothing like what I had gone through but... It'll make it hard to fight in here with my hammer if the need for a fight arises. Do you have anything in your bag that I'll be able to swing around and not risk hitting a wall?" A hammer surely would cause a cave in had she tried to do any type of swinging with her muscles. Looking towards the Fairy once again, she offered her a warm smile while mounting her hammer on her back and making sure it was not only secure but also unable to hit the roof of the cave while walking. With this unknown territory, she was excited but also worried about what they would run into. Would they run into an oversized arachnid in here? Would they maybe run into some shadow demons that are supposed to stay in here and that's what that totem was for? Who knew???

"Maybe a shortsword? Any magical items would be a bad thing for me as I would not be able to use magic so...Those wouldn't work." Rina made sure to explain to Logi as she waited in the entrance to see if perhaps maybe there was something in that bag of hers. If not, then hopefully Nita had something she could use to that of maybe a daggar for close range stabby stabs. I really need to invest in my own close combat weapons. A hammer is great and all but not for situations like this one where we'd be in a tight cave with barely any room to swing it around. A sigh escaped her lips as she awaited for Logi's reply.​

Syvarra, Voice of Thousands
GM POST

original_and_2_more_drawn_by_lam_ramdayo__sample-a533eb7d739425a205bc8bdd9f97547d.png

The ambient sound of the burning screams rang throughout the city. Some tried the save what they could, others ran for their lives; while the unfortunate died without a chance to see their loved ones again. The thick smoke moved to the other parts of the city, chased by the fires it was created from. The heroes tried to save this great city, but alas, fairytales aren't real. And they never will be. Syvarra lost hers long ago when those human priests showed up. It wasn’t supposed to end this way. They ruined everything… THEY TOOK EVERYTHING.. No matter they will know how it feels.

The demon uncontrollably laughed at her masterpiece. She was finally doing it. Getting revenge on the scelestes that imprisoned her. Her laughter began to fade and tears followed. She didn't just lose her freedom that day but her beloved, Cresil. With sadness in her eyes and anger gritting her teeth, Syvarra finished her incantation, “Amor venite et vindicate de his qui vos me. Cadam sic oriri potes. esto esto sit.” As that last phrase left her lips, the sky turned from neon green to a bright light blue. Syvarra let out one last scream. Symbolizing a new dark age for this kingdom.

A discharge of dark magic erupted over half the city. It was no longer a city for all races to live together but a city of light versus dark. The spell Syvarra cast wasn't a spell of destruction but one of control and conversion. It cursed half the city to become the new home of the undead and a doorway into the underworld. Anyone who steps into that part of the city will be overwhelmed with the voices of the damn. Be warned for the voice of a lost loved one may be heard, but it is no longer the one you knew before.

shadow-isles_splash.jpg

Interaction: Topless Topless , Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3

#NewDemonBodyDis
#Ancient Demon
#ByeByeHumans
Code by Nano

Yamato Nadeshiko
Hilda Thorvald
Ying Shou Long
Horntensia Lambert

A terrible cataclysm has befell onto Altair. Half of the city had been converted into a desolate land of the dead. By the time that it happened, the group would have been very far from the black foggy border of life and death. The carriage would stop in the middle of an elevated residential district the group would step out of it and see what has become of the once prosperous city. "Well shit." Hilda spoke "There goes Altair. Well, at least half of it."

"This is terrible!" Ying yelled "I hope my restaurant is alright. Oh, I can't wait any longer!" She turned to the group and some of them could tell the worry from her face. "Sorry, but I need to check on my restaurant. Thanks for the save by the way. Farewell!" She said and then she dashed off to the distance. "Hey wait-!" Yamato called but it was too late. They were going to ask her if she wants to join them for an adventure, but it seemed that it wouldn't happen. "Well, there goes one potential party member." They said before they turned to Horntensia and asked "So, what are you going to do now? If you have nothing else to do, then would you be interested in-"

"I'll pass." Horntensia said, much to Yamato's surprise and disappointment. "I have something to do as of late, and it is very important. I'll be off then. Goodbye." She added before she hopped back into the carriage and drove away, leaving only Yamato, Hilda, Iroki and the priest. "Well I'd be damned. Two potential party members don't want to join us. What a shame." Yamato said before turning to the remaining two and asked "So that just leaves only the two of you then. You see, me and Hilda are looking to form a party heading for the Unknown Territory. I heard there are treasures bound there. However, with everything that just happened, I guess that would have to wait then. Hildy, what would you say about this?"

"That demon, I still have a bone to pick with her." Hilda replied. "Typical response Hildy. So, what would you two say, Mister...?" Yamato waits for Iroki's and the cat priest's response.

StealthyShades StealthyShades Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3

Maeve Thistlebottom
Interactions: Cecil Britt-21 Britt-21 & Jackaboi Jackaboi

00238955cb65680e9c05e2616c202746.jpg
Maeve didn't even think about what using Cecil's name could mean for the pair's safety, especially not when she was being given so many delicious options from the menu. In fact, her attention was still glued to the menu until Cecil abruptly stood up and out of her seat.

"Too much to drink, huh?"

It was in this moment that the fairy realized that she let herself get too comfortable, unaware of her surroundings. Purple eyes followed Cecil's gaze, realizing with the lioness that the Guard was staring straight at her. Maeve flinched as soon as she made eye contact with the motionless man across the room. She looked away quickly, hoping she hadn't angered the rather massive guard. Not even Cecil's yelling made Maeve look anywhere other than down at the menu.

"Say, Oli, how about you go bother him?" Curiosity finally made her look up, watching Cecil before eyeing Olivar. Surely he wouldn't engage... right? The redhead let Cecil speak, before piping up.

"It would be nice for you to at least ask him if he's okay..." Maeve's uneasiness was clear in her voice, making her clear her throat before continuing, "Maybe he's just keeping an eye on us, since you're a new addition to the party.. but still. He's giving me the creeps."

Maeve knew it was rather bold to ask this raven-haired fairy for help, when he just met her. However, could he really say anything? He did sort of invite himself with the appeal of a fat pouch of coin. So...maybe she isn't so bold after all.

1680449175263.png
Unknown Territory----Beach Camp Under Attack!!!
Nasir.jpgAs he was approaching the beach, before he could see anything he heard voices of panic. He heard the crew shooting for the medics and to arm themselves. He rushed even faster through the forest terrain, finally arriving on the beach front. He saw the crew armed with swords and pistols and a few with medical supplies. Nasir immediately grabbed a grew member by their shirt, pulling them towards him. "What happened?" He demanded an answer and frantically the crew member answered. "We...we were attacked. The captains over there, tending to the wounded." And the crew member points off to the side towards the direction of were the attack happened. He releases the crew member and begins looking around. "Everyone!! Remain guarded, create a perimeter around the ship! Keep eyes on both the sea and the forest! Do NOT get too close to either!" Nasir spoke clear and precise and the crew listened, setting up a fire-line around the ship armed and ready.

Nasir than began making his way towards Nesta, following behind Val. As he approached, he watched as Nesta was on her knees with the wounded crewmate resting his head in her lap. She was comforting him, as the medics examined him. "Something from the forest attacked him. They said it looked like a lizardman." Nesta spoke as the tone in her voice was strong with anger. Looking at crewmates body, there was a deep piercing wound in his chest. Nasir was no medic, but just from looking, it seemed like maybe one of his lungs were hit. He glances over towards Nesta, who had nothing but fury in her eyes. For a moment, Nasir remained silent, and just walks over towards her, placing a reassuring hand on her shoulder. He watched as the medics was able to stabilized the crewmember using herbal medicine and a bit of green magic. Nesta ordered the medics to finish the rest on the ship, where it was safe. As they carried off the injured crewmember, Nasir glances over at Nesta and he didn't even have to ask what she wanted to do. That fury in her eyes hasn't wavered one bit. She was determined to find the creature that did this to her family and end its life. "How's that wound?" He asked simply, and she simply replied with. "Nothing I can't push through." "And push through you will." Nasir knows her enough, that at this point, nothing is stopping Nesta. Pain is just pain, and she'll will keep fighting and pushing forward, in the name of her crew. Nasir looks over at Val as they both unsheathe their weapons. "We're going back in there. You're in or out?" He asked, but without waiting for any answers he turned and began walking back into the forest right behind Nesta. Both keeping their eyes open for any tracks or sign of what attacked the crew.

Britt-21 Britt-21 Kyuubey Kyuubey

leviohsa leviohsa (we're on the way)​

A good Morning Ruined
Lawrence A. Wolfmale
The late spring breeze dances through the flower-filled meadows. The scent of poppies and daisies filled the open, sunny sky. The couple playfully chased each other until Lawrence caught Veronica. He spun her around and around until they fell to the ground. Their love was expressed with the laughter they shared. Veronica turned to her love, with flowers naturally weaved through her hair. She said, staring into his eyes, “Law, I love that we can do this again.” He smiled at her. She continued, ”I would die for you…for our love.” Law grabbed her hands and said, “Don't say things like that. I would never put you through that or want you to”. “But I would die for you… I died for you”. Lawrence was puzzled and knelt up from the flower they were lying in. “What, Veronica?” “Im dead, Lawrece…IM DEAD BECAUSE OF YOU!!!” The clear sky turned black, and thunder roared. “I WILL NEVER FORGIVE YOU LAWRENCE…NEVER!!!!!The butler woke in a cold sweat, “ Ugh, the same dream again.”

There was no time for him to lay in bed. He had to get on with his duties. Lawrence got out of his small but surprisingly comfortable bed. He suited up and fed his crow, Scar, before he left to wake Miss Charlotte. Scar squawked, ”Veeerrronica.” Law pet his beak, “ Oh, I was talking in my sleep again. Shame.” He put Scar on his feeding post next to the window, poured a handful of seed on the tray, and walked towards Charlotte’s room. He greeted every maid as he passed them by and corrected a few of their cleaning techniques. Once he got to his master's room, he woke her up in his favorite way, opening the curtains. “Morning Miss Charlotte, it’s time for you to wake and do your father’s job better than he ever could.”

The day flew by quickly as Law dictated jobs that needed to be done. By the time he was done checking on the groundkeepers, it was almost lunch. He told them to eat something and then get back to work soon. Law walked into the kitchen to grab Lottie’s lunch. The chef made her fried shrimp with a garlic parm sauce, diced sweet potatoes seasoned Cajun style, and smashed baked Brussels sprouts. It was a lot of lunch but it did smell good. Law presented the food to Charlotte and stood nearby to keep her company. "I'd suggest helping me with this food if it doesn't make you sick, Lawrence. After all, you know I could never finish all this food on my own." The butler rolled his eyes at his master’s comment. “Not to be rude but you say that every time, you see what the chef made for you.” he walked next to Charlotte and grabbed a fork. He grabbed some potatoes and tasted them for himself. The flavors were new. “Chef Antier, you somehow are still able to surprise me”

The day was going great until a maid ruined it. "Good Afternoon Miss Charlotte. I wanted to warn you that your father is coming back home from his trip." Oh, she could have at least told us it was bad news first. "Thank you for letting me know. I suppose I should enjoy this peace even for a little while longer." After the maid left, Lottie asked, “Looks like your favorite person is coming back Lawrence, are you excited?" In an emotionless tone, he responded, “Oh yes, the tyrant is returning to his home. I guess I need to have the maids start dusting now so his allergies start acting up when he walks through the front doors.”
Code By Nano

Last edited:
1695016303771.png

Iroki
Interaction: Topless Topless Topless Topless StealthyShades StealthyShades StealthyShades StealthyShades
Iroki stared out at the destruction... just.. well he didn't have any words for this.. what... what had happened how could you describe it? not in any way he knew how to say it was the work of pure malice and spite.. form something none of the survivors could realistically comprehend. "i.. i.. hmm.. i don't think it's wise to return.. this place.. looks cursed.. i really. oh, she's gone.. hmm" he'd let out a sigh watching one of the women dart off almost certainly to her death he couldn't stop that now.. her life was in her own hands if she wanted to spend it making it shorter than it could be so be it. the Fairy just sat down.. looking out at the ruins for a little longer as others of their little group filtered away he blocked out most of the chitchat for the moment trying his best to recollect his thoughts. the cat priest shaking Iroki a bit to get him out of his stupor. "oh hu? sorry sorry.. wasn't paying much attention.. just this ... is a lot.. I supposed iv not much better to do.. prehaps i should tag. along.."

Anise Paige
Interacting: Kiara ( Kyuubey Kyuubey ), Toshiro ( The Elder The Elder ), Zuriel ( Israel Israel )

Anise was stunned and dazed, as she tried to shield herself from the panicked footfall. But quite suddenly, the rumbling seemed to lessen, if only slightly at the fearsome roar of a lion, rang over the crowd. She felt strong, muscular arms lift her up. She was still dazed, but in that moment of fear, confusion and chaos, Anise briefly only spotted the glimmer of gold, and the proud mane of a lion. Cradled in those strong arms, Anise had never felt safer, and that hint of concern and worry in the lioness's voice, ugh she could feel her heart catch in her throat for a moment. "I very much could get used to this sight..." She said, not entirely aware of herself yet.

But that passing moment of infatuation needed to be put on hold, as she remembered where they were. The sky was still darkening as black magic gathered. Not to mention the dull pain in the back of her head. As she soon sucked in air through her teeth, reeling from the pain that she had failed to register before.

"I'm alive at least... That's really what matters." She reached back and felt a warmth and stickiness on the back of her head. If only it was ink. Seemed she had hit her head hard enough it seemed to at least draw blood. Hopefully it was just a scrape or a cut, but now was not the time to lick one's wounds. She looked down at her hands. They were trembling. No doubt her legs were much the same. "I'm very sorry to burden you... I'm not feeling exactly stable..." Whether her shakiness was due to her injury, her fear, or from the butterflies in her stomach wasn't exactly relevant.

As she was still getting used to her surroundings, she heard another person shout from a distance, and rapidly approach. The white haired man with the scar seemed to be forgetting that they were in the middle of a crisis. Of course, Anise also forget briefly in the proximity of the lioness, so perhaps that is understandable. Their cold blooded companion was quick to jump to murder. "Do you ever consider anything other than murder? Now of all time! The city is about to be turned to rubble! Plenty of people are to die, so if you really must make merriment at death and despair, I recommend you start running!" Truthfully she was glad to have another companion who may not be quite as quiver-happy as most of the others she unfortunately found herself with. Besides, there was another pressing matter to her.

"In any case, if it's alright with you, someone should be here to keep a detailed record of the events. I'm going to act strange. I assure you that this has nothing to do with my head injury. Probably. Artramentum!" As she called out, a bottle of ink uncorked from her bag and spilled out, carrying with it a notebook and a quill, quickly scrawling notes about the nature of the spell. She monitored the sky, the weather, the temperature, the foreboding sense of dread, as well as recounting of the crowds. Her quill moved at blinding speeds, her eyes actually beginning to glaze over as she entered a state almost akin to hypnosis, quickly recounting everything that she could.

History was being written at this very moment. There was no guarantee that they made it out alive, but she wanted the story of all those who were here at this very moment to be known. Hopefully her voice would live on forever should they perish.

Last edited:

Charlotte.png
1704917303656.jpeg

StealthyShades StealthyShades

Charlotte couldn't help the laugh that erupted from her core while she leaned back in her seat. Lawrence always found a way to make her laugh even in situations like these. Quite honestly, she found it hysterical that he would torture her father with the littlest, and simplest things in life. While not deadly, it was a nuisance to deal with "You know Lawrence, while we both share the dislike of my father I'm glad we both can agree messing around with him is the least suspecting thing for us to do for torture." The woman continued to eat what had been on her plate while sharing the rest with her most favored butler. While there were maids and other butlers within the place, she still favored the one that stuck by her mother's side. After all, who else could she turn to regarding her mother? Her father was as useless as a rusted nail. Placing her fork back down, Char grabbed her napkin and gently wiped her mouth of anything that may have gotten on her face. "Thank you for helping me finish up here Lawrence. You know I hate wasting food more than anything and would prefer to have it all eaten up."

Folding up her napkin neatly, she placed it back upon the table and rose up from her chair while stretching her limbs. "Well that's it for food in our stomachs. I'm going to be meeting up with someone today, surely you already knew that." Drawing in a breath, she moved towards the door "Since father is on his away I'd much rather be out of here so I don't have to deal with him till later. I'll be meeting with one of the boys from the Zhao family. Unfortunately it's one of those meetings where we discuss a potential arranged marriage." Her hand waved carelessly as she had no desire to marry, especially into another family. How could anyone do that and be okay with it? Surely not her in any way, shape, or form. Pushing the door open, she walked out in hopes Law was still following along with her. Lottie laced her hands together behind her back while she began to hum gently in thought. While going to this meeting would help her avoid her father, ditching the meeting would also get his attention and a magnitude of questions to follow along with it. It would also probably get the attention of the eldest son of the Zhao family.

"The faster we get prepared to depart the better, Lawrence. I'll have my mother's handmaid prepare me for the meeting. Would you mind getting the carriage for me please?" Looking over her shoulder toward him, she offered a small smile. "I'll pull some strings for you again if I need to in return."

Escaping Altair
Zenoulis Silvercraw + GM POST
The group of half-bloods and their companions rush to the southwest gate of Altair. Clones of Syvarra flew around causing death and destruction. All they could do was run. The demon attacking the city wasn't their main issue. The chaos among them made the common folk all stare at the race that was destroying their great city. The most common folk can’t recognize the difference between a demon and a half-demon. All they see are the horns penetrating out of their heads and fear enters their bodies. A crowd soon formed behind them… not of supporters but executioners.

The pirate was concerned with getting through the gate with the Mob of angry civilians behind them. He was trying to get out without being seen but when shit hits the fan it usually goes everywhere. Before they could even make their way through the gate, one of the royal guardsmen, a big knight with heavy armor, Good in their way with full other like him. “In the name of the Royal Family and the City of Altair, I command you to stop” Why would we stop isn't there like you know a siege going on right now?

The group was sandwiched between the two parties one of heavily armed Knights and the other of angry civilians ready to get vengeance for the family members and friends they have lost. An older woman yelled out “Get the incubus! Don't let them leave!” Another gentleman yelled, “They attacked our city!” A child's voice snuck through the commotion, ”My house is gone they took away my mommy.” How were they going to convince a whole city that they were not with Syvarra with the blood on their weapons?

Zenoulis wasnt going to play these human games he needed to ensure the safety of his Anise. “Okay, I’ll stop for a second” The pirate shoulder-checks the guy knocking him to the ground. He was not making the situation better but all he cared about was getting past the guards. He threw a small bag of black powder mixed with sugar in the air and shot it. The explosion was loud but small. Its main use was to make a visual barrier between them and the mob. The pirate grabbed the librarian by the arm while still carrying his feathered friend. As he ran through the now coughing pikemen, he called out “If You don't want to be the new ornament on their gallows I would be running”

Code By Nano

• "Ara Ara, looks like we have ourselves two new recruits. Isn't it wonderful Hildy?" Yamato could not express their joy long enough for Iroki and the cat priest to say that they'll be tagging along. "Yeah yeah, whatever Yama. We got two new people joining on our party, so what?" Hilda spoke, not caring about the additional new party members. "I think this just leaves us with one more person to join, and I think I know who." Yamato looked over at the city and saw a particular place that they and Hilda are familiar of.

"Let's go. I do hope she's okay." They said, but before they could move on, Yamato turned to the new recruits and said "Glad to have you Iroki and...huh, you didn't tell us your name." They glance over to the cat priest, who has yet to introduce himself. If he does, then they'll set off back to the Braze'n'Bold.

Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 StealthyShades StealthyShades Britt-21 Britt-21

1707380015416.png
1707381678144.png

Olivar could tell by the look on Cecil's face... She knew something seemed off. That's a beastwoman for you, nothing can get past their nose. That's why they make for such notoriously good bodyguards. Now she's decided to have the Dark Fairy investigate this man's intent. Maeve also supported Cecil in this suggestion, looking clearly distressed by the man's stares. To which he simply glanced at the man and back to her with a shrug. "I suppose I can check if he's alright. Maybe grab some water for him if he needs it." However... Just as Olivar rose from his seat, the guard did the same and in one swift motion pulled his sword out of his scabbard and charged at the table that the trio resided at. There was no time to think as Olivar pulled out a hidden dagger from his cloak and ran between him and his new travel companions, He clashed with the guard's blade, trying the keep him in place. "Hey! The hell's your problem!? Lioness I could probably use some assistance!" It wasn't long before the guard's superior weapon overpowered the dagger, forcing Oli to redirect it causing the sword to slice through his cloak and injure his left arm. The dark Fairy grimaced as he held his hand over the wound and looked back at the guard with a serious expression. That injury was certainly not part of the act... That's what I get for making such a half assed puppet... But perhaps I can work with this...

Britt-21 Britt-21 leviohsa leviohsa

Cecil.png
1707410763390.jpeg
Jackaboi Jackaboi leviohsa leviohsa

Cecil watched, eyes studying the man as he got up Let's see how this plays out, hmm? The beastwoman thought to herself, resting her head on her hand while those silver eyes tracked his every move. His dagger had stopped the man's sword which was quite impressive. It was probably a dagger of the Dwarves, no way a dagger made by the Elves would be able to hold up against a sword. Especially with the wielder being a knight. Then Olivar decided to ask for assistance, now as much as she didn't want to do that... Eyes shifted to Mae who was watching the scene unfold and a sigh escaped her lips "Fine..." Cecil muttered while she got up from her chair and while the knight focused on Olivar, she swiftly grabbed the knight by his neck and slammed him into the table next to her, wood splitting and splintering from the impact. This alone should have knocked him out and while she did wait a moment, there was no reaction as she turned towards Oli and how he was holding his injured hand. Maybe that'll keep you at bay. I still don't like you. The Lioness looked over at a waitress who was starting "Hey bring us a bandage will you? Some alcohol please too."

Guiding Oli back to his chair, the waitress soon returned with a bottle of alcohol and bandages. "Give me your arm." Cecil stated, watching as he refused to give her his arm. He was fucking bleeding and now he wants to play Mr Tough Guy? "Give me your damn arm. I'm not going to say it again." When he refused, she reached over and grabbed his arm while also grabbing the alcohol bottle and pulling off the cork with her teeth before shooting it right into his face with her mouth "I told you to give me your damn arm and this happens because you didn't listen." Silver eyes gazed over his arm and it was hard to miss that there was actually something wrong here. It wasn't your average arm at all...In fact...It felt cursed and looked cursed. Luckily Mae had been on the other side of the table and thus she wouldn't be able to see unless she got up to look. Is that why he didn't want to give her his arm? Without a word she poured some alcohol on it and despite his squirming (if he even did any) she continued to take care of his arm. Wrapping it up tightly enough so it'd stop the bleeding. Once she was done, she tied it and then poured some alcohol on her hands and used the leftover bandages to wipe her hands. "See? Wasn't so bad."

Cecil leaned back in her chair and put her arms behind her head, looking at Mae across the table and happy that she hadn't been hurt. The Beastwoman probably would have beat herself up if anything happened to her.​

Ishido.png
1707412884589.jpeg
Jackaboi Jackaboi ( Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 Topless Topless Interacted with just to link our posts to some degree since I seen you wanted to go to the BnB)

While Ishido spoke with Silva outside the tavern and also keeping an eye on what was going on with the other side of the city, he soon felt a rumble which caused the ground to shake and he did his best to keep his balance. Once the rumble had stopped, his blue eyes shifted over to Silva who seemed to be just as okay as him "Something is happening on the other side of the city... Seems like it did happen to get a lot worse." When his gaze looked back, he could see an ominous aura coming from the other side and that didn't seem very good Right in the capital... Was this purely just coincidence? Or was this planned by an unknown party? Between the murders in the tavern and the attack from earlier in the city... It all seemed to end up in one ending and that was to destroy part of the capital. "Silva, it seems that there's a lot more on our hands than we anticipated." Shido looked back down at the girl "How would you feel about coming with me to investigate your brother's case? I think it's about time we get out of here because I have a feeling Altair's gates wouldn't let us out in the next hour or so." He knew her for such a long time so it wouldn't be a suspicious request, though he felt it would be better to get out of the place in case something else happened while they were there and the last thing that he wanted was to get involved with it.

"I'll be heading back to my office. I'm sure you know exactly where it is, you can meet me there as soon as possible if you'd like. If you're not there in about...Let's say at most...An hour? Then I'll be departing out of the city." Ishido gave her a gentle nod and he flipped the sign to the Braze'n'Bold which now said Closed. It was still raining, though not as hard but still a hassle to deal with to return back to gather their things. The Silver-haired man looked around and noticed a small group coming towards them and they did look a bit disheveled, perhaps from running? Maybe fighting...Who knew? "Look if you're coming for a drink, this place is closed." He stated to them, looking between each individual and when he was asked about a girl from the tavern, he shook his head "She already went back home. Everyone did. If you really need her for something, then you're going to want to have to look for the Edevane estate outside the city."

1695016303771.png

Iroki
Interaction: Topless Topless Britt-21 Britt-21
Iroki let out a small sigh. rubbing his temple a bit while he'd agreed to tag along with the girls, it was mostly for lack of any other idea, of what to do or sense when it came to this situation. "i just hope this gets resolved sooner rather than later, and my vacation was going so well up until now.." he'd grumble. "but yes.. i do hope they're ok as well as fir the pri-" he'd pause seeing the neko priest having already darted off likely that they had something else important to do probably had to check on their church or something Iroki surmised.

"well then guess they have places to be and so do we lets get going then" they'd comment with a small hum, before following the rest of the group back too the Braze'n'Bold , where it seemed there were others as well and the regretable note that it was closed frankly he'd expected that considering all the... issues involved.. "ah suspected the place woul be closed ... oh well"

1708232411002.png
1708233948227.png
It felt like a small earthquake was just set off. While Silva was in a conversation with the detective the ground shook with a force that took her off guard and made her lose her balance a bit. But she was able to stay on her feet, she looked to Ishido who was also taken aback by the sudden quake and then suddenly she was hit with a pang of worry. What about Noah!? She thought, but was quick to calm down slightly once she realised where the source was. She spotted the nefarious aura from the other side of the capital, luckily not in the direction of her Brother's place. He would have felt the shake too but at least no buildings have toppled because of it. It'd be more likely his rest was merely disturbed. Still she couldn't help but worry for the innocent lives caught in the centre of trouble. "An attack directly aimed at the capital... How awful... Is this some kind of act of terrorism?" She pondered on the thought. Judging by the aura it was no doubt the work of a demon; and a powerful one at that. Unlikely to be the one she's after going by the sheer power but it left a bad taste in her mouth all the same. Between the demon that cursed her brother, the one that stole from the potion shop and now this, her distaste for demon-kind only seemed to grow.

Detective Ishido soon came out with a sudden suggestion for her to join him in the case she commissioned him to look into. As much as she was happy to hear that she was equally confused as to why now after the city just got hit as bad as it did? But it didn't take much thinking to come to a simple answer. Simply to the fact that what was going on was currently way out of their league. Besides. It was either we do this and get out the city now or we get stuck in lockdown for god knows how long until this whole situation blows over. Yet she couldn't come out with a straight answer after being asked so suddenly to leave the city. "R-really!? You mean way out? Into other territories?" The whole suggestion caught her more off guard than the earthquake. She hadn't left the city walls since the day Noah was cursed. Partly because she was so busy working for Dr Crow but also partly out of fear of something else bad happening if she does and on top of all that, how would her brother be able to take care of himself. Despite her talent for masking her feelings she was still visibly conflicted. Luckily she did not have to answer right away as Ishido said that he would meet her at his office if she truly wanted to go. She had an hour to decide before he departs himself. Though to be honest she wasn't sure if that would be enough time... Regardless she and Ishido split up for the time being and she had a delivery to make before anything else. She picked up the box of Dr Crow's original curse medicine and made her way to her brother's place.

10 minutes later she arrived and made her way inside. Soon she spotted her brother sitting up on his bed and looking outside, seemingly unaware of Silva's presence. "Noah... I've brought your medicine. Dr Crow made enough that should last for the month..." Noah turned towards Silva, a warm smile on his face. But Silva knew the pain he felt was great, she knew he just smiled like he did in the hopes he could somehow fool her into thinking she doesn't need to worry. "Sil... It's good to see you! Have you seen what's going on outside?" "I did... I don't know what's going on but it's really serious... You should probably stay inside for the time being. Even if the medicine makes you feel better enough to walk again you should worry about your exercises after this all blows over." "I know I know Sis. I'm not the dumb kid you used to know anymore." He chuckled weakly at his jest but looked over at Silva and noticed something. How she was looking down at the floor, seemingly lost in thought. He knew there was something on her mind troubling her. "Hey Sis... I know that look. You know you can't hide anything from me."

Silva opened her mouth in protest but soon realised it would be pointless to do so. Instead she went ahead and told him the situation with the detective Ishido and the offer he made. Her brother nodded in understanding. "I see. So you've been offered to join our detective friend in finding the demon that cursed me but you're worried about how I'll take care of myself." Noah crossed his arms in thought before shooting Silva a bright cheesy smile. "Come on Sis just go for it already! I know you really wanna go! Even since we were little you always had that adventurer's spirit! And if you end up lifting my curse at the end of the road all the better! What matter's more to me though is that I don't wanna see you throw your opportunities away for my sake." "But...! Will you be okay!? I don't know how long I'd be gone for... And if you run out of medicine..." "Then I'll get more! Don't worry I'll figure it out somehow. Could always work something out with Dr Crow maybe... Regardless let me worry about that! I still got fight in me yet don't you worry!" Silva couldn't help but worry, but... If this was her chance to finally break her Brother's curse... Then... "Alright alright already! You made your point! Honestly I don't know how you manage to keep up so much optimism." Noah threw her another Cheesy smile. "Well it ain't as if beating myself up is gonna cure me. Might as well make the most of what I got!" "How is it you can be such an idiot but still say stuff like that." Silva said with a smile of her own. She hugged her brother while she had the chance and made her way out the door. "I'll be back as soon as I can."

Not much time left now but she had one more stop to make. The Crow's Cage. Though luckily it was just a quick detour on the way to Ishido's office. Making her way inside she made her way into Dr Crow's backroom where he was totally passed out. Looks like he worked himself ragged making that last batch of medicine... As rough as he looks he really does pull through where it counts. Despite how she acts around the man she truly owes him a debt she won't ever be able to pay back. But now she's going to have to do something rash... Opting not to disturb the good doctor's rest she wrote a note and left it on the desk where his head laid and walked out. Finally nearly one hour after they split up she made it to Ishido's office. Taking a moment to prepare herself she walked up to the door and gave it a firm knock. She hoped the Detective hasn't decided to leave already...

Britt-21 Britt-21

Ishido.png
1708263379025.jpeg
Jackaboi Jackaboi

Once his encounter with those at the Braze'N'Bold ended and the surprise that he gave Silva, he nodded to confirm what he had meant before they parted ways. He went home first in order to gather the things that were needed for the travel as well as change into a different set of clothes. He definitely did not look like a detective anymore and in fact looked almost like a mage of some sort. (See photo above) As soon as his bag was packed, Ishido returned to his office where he spoke with his assistant and informed her of his departure and what will be taking place. Now while she wasn't a top investigator like himself, he believed in her capabilities and on top of it all, he called someone in to take his place for the time being to keep things running. After that was sorted out, he sat at his desk with a cup of wine and he gently sipped on it from time to time. Is an hour enough? Is it too short? Too long? If they waited any longer they could get stuck in the city...Unless it was too late?

A sigh escaped his lips and he had silently hoped that this was not the case as he awaited just as he told Silva. He was a man of his word and he was going to keep that as much as possible. Eventually a knock at the door had came and he raised an eyebrow, listening from his office as he heard his assistant greeting someone at the front before leading them towards his door to which she knocked on and opened to reveal Silva to him. His eyebrows raised and he felt genuinely surprised that she came. "Silva? I thought maybe I'd be taking this trip all by myself." He chuckled and raised from his seat while placing his glass down "Good to know I'll have company." The Detective picked up his bag and walked over before looking at his assistant "Could you get the carriage please?" With a nod she skittered off before he looked down at Silva "I'll carry your bags and we'll get out of here. The sooner the better." While gently taking her bag(s) from her, he moved to the door and watched as the Assistant pulled the carriage up.

Lucky for them, that was already prepared and it just had to be brought around front. "I'm sure you've spoken to your brother about his care while we're gone?" he asked, though he already knew the answer. Or else she wouldn't be here right now with him. While he guided her to the carriage, he opened the door for her and helped her in before putting the bags away as well. Ishido then moved to the driver's seat after shutting the door for Silva and opened the little window so she could talk with him if she pleased while he guided the carriage. Lucky for him this carriage had a roof to prevent even him from getting absolutely soaked. "If you need anything, just let me know." While traveling North, he found it being an issue as part of the city was blocked off and having immense issues, which meant he was going to have to head out on the west side of the capital and then travel North. Things surely are going to keep getting in the way aren't they? He thought while he did just that: Go West.

Eventually he got to the gate and to his surprise they were still letting people out. Which meant they may have made it in the nick of time. "State your business." Said one of the guards as they stopped the carriage.

"Official Business. Investigator and Detective Tamotsu. I've been summoned along with my partner here." He replied.

The guard stared at him for a moment and Ishido stared back, showing no unwaivering, fear, or intimidation. Then the man waved his hand "Let them through."

With that said, Ishido carried through and once he was out of earshot he had released a sigh "These guards are so paranoid and suspicious of almost anyone. Though I don't doubt it's because of what happened. They're probably going to shut down the city any minute now. I'm even wondering why they've waited so long to even close out the gates." While Silva was listening or not, he did not mind either way. Ishido was used to being a quiet person as he would always ponder, plan, etc. However... This trip was unexpected, unplanned, and more. A sweatdrop just about appeared on his head as he could feel that sense of dread with no plan in place. Okay while I'm doing this, I suppose I should plan. Head north towards the other territories, in order to get that taken care of we need a boat to cross to get to Whitshell and Rillia. We'll investigate there, find more answers for the demon that caused her brother to get cursed. Good place to start.

Lizardfolk Village
Featuring Faraine ( leviohsa leviohsa ) + Ciaran ( Goonfire Goonfire )
with input from Britt-21 Britt-21

A wave of unease washed over Ciaran as Faraine told him to lay low. "Whatever 't is, doon' get yerself killed," he quietly demanded of her. He was about to say 'Or captured', but the prospect seemed so utterly ridiculous to him, he scoffed at himself under his breath. His legs pivoted as he sank into the leafy cover around the wide trunk of an ancient tree. The shade coupled with the sheer volume of leaves would surely suffice. Now, for it to not be poisonous… His lack of itching after a minute was enough to determine it wasn't.

Meanwhile, Faraine stood surrounded by these … Lizard people. She was a few yards away from a hidden Ciaran, rapidly thinking of some kind of way to get herself out of this,

“What is your business here, Giant?” The evergreen lizard’s voice seemingly boomed, despite not raising his voice in aggression. The bounty hunter sighed,

“Well, if I’m honest, I was looking for a wanted criminal who was said to have traveled to these lands. I simply wanted to investigate before making myself known.” Her voice remained calm throughout the lie, despite the fact that her odds of escape were dwindling every second she spent speaking to this guy.

Ciaran peeked out from his hiding spot, watching the exchange. The lizard men came into view and his heart raced. Natives… they had found natives already—akin to beastmen, yet unlike those in Whitshell. He cocked an eyebrow, confused that they and Faraine shared a common tongue. He couldn't hear the conversation very well, but their rigid stances indicated this wasn't a welcome intrusion.

As the herbalist pondered what to do, he caught a glimpse of something round not far away. The round shape, the feline ears… the bomb cat! He started to lean forward, but caught himself and restrained his reaction. If this first contact was, in fact, going well, launching his new ‘Plan B' prematurely was sure to sour relations.

“There have been no new arrivals in over a hundred years. It seems that you are lost. Allow us to help.” Despite the friendly connotation of his words, two guards hastily grabbed hold of both of her arms, beginning to drag her away from the settlement she ran into.

You have got to be kidding me.. She thought to herself, her feet keeping up with the brisk pace both lizard guards kept.

“I swear, I mean no harm!” The bounty hunter raised her voice so that Ciaran could possibly hear her, and one of the guards grunted in protest, the sound followed by a language she had never heard before.

This wasn’t looking good. They knew way more about Faraine than she did about these … lizard-kind. It only put her and Ciaran at a great disadvantage.

The instant their hands clasped Faraine’s forearms, Ciaran’s heart sank. What were they going to do to her? Old memories flashed before his mind’s eye:

Western Whitshell, late summer…

Ciaran's dirty hands dangled at the level of his head. His greasy hair obscured his bruised face. A slaver clad in furs and sackcloth observed him and the others in the pillories and cages, his studded club and whip beside him. The young runaway had lost hope after a failed escape attempt. He dare not even look up, lest he receive another lash about his shoulders and back.

The sudden clash of steel and nearby shouts made his ears twitch. Other bandits—including the jailer—rushed towards the front of the camp. They were being assaulted; salvation was here!

The fighting was intense already. Between the tents and crude, wooden buildings, he caught glimpses of five warriors of diverse fighting styles, slowly gaining ground against forces outnumbering them four-to-one.

Ciaran swayed back and forth as he toiled to get out of the pillory. No good; it was physically impossible to free his head. His hands, however… Tucking his thumbs tightly, he pulled gently. The device was not necessarily made for him. Slowly, with a bit of rocking and twisting, his hands started to budge. Ciaran sucked his teeth as the splinters bit his already irritated wrists. They eventually slid free, allowing him to grasp the lock and pull. Locked…

In his peripheral vision, the quarter-beastman caught sight of a keyring, lying on a nearby table of torture implements. Stretching over to the table, he hooked his foot around its leg and pulled it closer. It stumbled and shook, sending some of its contents onto the soft ground. The keys slid to the edge of the table’s surface. Ciaran lashed out, pinning them with his palm before they could drop. With finesse, his index finger found the ring. Carefully, he tried each key until he found the one for his pillory. With a ‘click’, the lock fell free and Ciaran rose to rub his stiff, sore neck.

The bandits were still distracted, their numbers waning. The mercenaries were faring better—beaten, but still resolute in their mission to dismantle this camp before more fell victim. Ciaran wanted to help; though weak from mild starvation, this became his problem the moment these thugs plucked him off the trail.

He had to find a weapon… Rummaging through a sack of assorted tools, he withdrew several implements: a hammer, a hatchet, an icepick, a short-handled shovel, and a skinning knife. The knife seemed perfect, with its sharp edge. With the small, curved blade in hand, he charged forward with a spirited battle cry.

—​

“‘at’s enoough,” the herbalist hissed under his breath. He sprang from his hiding spot and deftly snatched the bomb cat. The creature let out a yowl and its fuse ignited. Ciaran tossed it among the lizard men and Faraine, the cat landing on its feet just before the smoke erupted from its round form.

Faraine took this opportunity to yank herself out of the grip of the stunned lizard-men, activating the cloaking enchantment on her ring once more. Disgruntled noises coupled with coughing fits meant that the giantess had time to spare. She sprinted with agile footsteps into the thick forage of the forest she had emerged from prior.

It didn’t take long for Faraine to meet back with her savior, panting quietly as she bent down to hide with him, speaking up quietly to get Ciaran’s attention.

“Psst! Over here!”

Once Ciaran was looking in her general direction, she continued to speak, still invisible. “We should run. The smoke is already lifting.” The dark-haired woman had a hard time handling moments of thanks, or being indebted. It was for this reason that she didn’t make eye contact as she spoke once more, thankful he couldn’t see her.

“Also.. thanks. Good thinking.” She sighed, before standing up again,

“You gonna be able to keep up?” It was a silly question, but also part-genuine. She didn’t want to leave her newfound partner alone with these hostile Lizardfolk on their trail.

Ciaran nodded simply, hunkering forward in preparation to sprint.

“There! I spotted movement in the trees!”

The familiar sound of the overly-cautious lizard people reminded Faraine of the ring she gave the fairy earlier in the day. Raising her left hand, she activated one of the many rings on her fingers, revealing a bright blue light, pointing in the direction in which Valorie was in, or, more aptly put, where Faraine’s matching ring was located.

“Alright, we’re going to meet with the others. Ready to run?” Releasing her invisibility charm, she turned to Ciaran, “Just follow me, we’re gonna meet the others.” The bounty hunter wondered if it was a good idea to potentially lead the enemy to more of their crew, but the half-elf knew that they would have strength in numbers, and these two could only get so far with enchantments and cat-bombs.

“Boorn ready,” Ciaran assured her, though his subsequent exhale suggested nervousness under the immense pressure. With Faraine taking the lead, he dashed forward, surprisingly keeping pace with the tall woman. He weaved through the trees, zigzagging to avoid any projectiles. His eyes darted up and down, his brain working double-time to avoid low-hanging branches and roots.

Even in the dense forest, the sunlight filtered between the trees, marking the forest’s western limits. The beach was near. They just had to push a little farther! “Almoost there…!”

As soon as the herbalist emerged, he threw up his arms to the others gathered at the ship. The signal was clear: the duo needed help. “GE’ READY!” he shouted, his voice nearly giving out in his breathless state.

Interactions: Britt-21 Britt-21 The Elder The Elder

Last edited:
Trespassing
Lawrence A. Wolfmale
"You know Lawrence, while we both share the dislike of my father I'm glad we both can agree messing around with him is the least suspecting thing for us to do for torture." Law smiled at Charlotte, he didn't just dislike her father. He would cut him down in a second if he were allowed. At last, he was bound by a contract, formally made by the half-elf’s mother. With the mother dead, he wasn't obligated to follow the deal anymore. Part of that contract was not to kill Lottie’s father. Sure he could break it but that would ruin all the fun. Being a sarcastic asshole is much better for the ‘old’ healthy bones. “Dislike isn't the word I would use but let's go with that, it’s not late enough for the profanity I would use to describe the deadbeat,” he said with a calm and proper tone. "Thank you for helping me finish up here Lawrence. You know I hate wasting food more than anything and would prefer to have it all eaten up." He grabbed the plate from her and put it on the serving cart nearby. Law returned to the table, pushed the chair back in for his master, and followed her out.

"Since father is on his way I'd much rather be out of here so I don't have to deal with him till later. I'll be meeting with one of the boys from the Zhao family.” This puzzled the butler. Why would she meet with those people? Not only were they a family of assholes but also Elves. “..Unfortunately, it's one of those meetings where we discuss a potential arranged marriage."
“Well, Master you could always pick a non-noble. The dirty complexion adds character you know.” He chuckled a little after his comment. "The faster we get prepared to depart the better, Lawrence. I'll have my mother's handmaid prepare me for the meeting. Would you mind getting the carriage for me please?" “Not at all, Master,” he says with a swinging of his arm complemented with a little bow.

As Lawrence left to prepare Charlotte's carriage for their departure, he noticed a new face outside shaping bushes in the garden – an older man whose presence seemed out of place in their world. Curiosity piqued within Lawrence as he wondered about this mysterious newcomer and what his intentions were. The vampire walked to the man, “Excuse me, sir, you are trespassing and need to leave.” he commanded. The man looked at the younger Lawrence and laughed in his face, “Kid I may be new but Im not going to listen to some child with a god complex…” Before the man could finish his insult Law grabbed him by the throat and pinned him to the ground. The commotion caused John the head groundskeeper to break it up. “Law.. Law..stop!!!” The butler let the man go but remained answers. “He’s the new guy I hired” “Why didn't you remind me this yesterday? You know how I like to keep things around here.” The butler apologized and flicked a silver coin to the man still recovering on the ground. “Get him and yourself some water and something to eat… Welcome to the Lufang family and don't talk to me like that again.” Lawrence walked back to the carriage and waited for Mrs Charlotte.
Code By Nano

1710650920760.png
Silva waited for someone to answer the door and it didn't take long for doubts to start setting in again. Was she truly ready for this? Well there was no way to back out now as a woman, whom Silva assumed to be Ishido's assistant, had answered. After introducing herself Silva was quickly lead to Ishido himself who was already packed and sat waiting with a glass of wine. "Apologies for the wait Detective, I am ready to leave now." She couldn't help but feel a little jealous that the Detective found some time to treat himself to a drink. Even though wine isn't quite to her taste a little bit of alcohol to calm the nerves certainly wouldn't go remiss. Regardless she stayed focused on the task at hand. She was about to go on her first real adventure and with her little brother's fate on the line the stakes higher than she could ever imagine.

Ishido was quick to get things started as he got his assistant to get the carriage ready and even offered to take Silva's bags to the carriage for her, which immediately felt weird to her since because she's normally one of the strongest people in a group her boss always got her to do the heavy lifting. But now that someone else is doing it she couldn't help but feel that something felt off. Unsure how to reply she let Ishido take the bags and they both made their way outside. Maybe next time she'll offer to do the heavy lifting... "I'm sure you've spoken to your brother about his care while we're gone?" Ishido said to Silva as they approached the carriage. "Yes... Well... It was more of him constantly reassuring me that he'll be fine... If we had more time I could've made better arrangements with Dr Crow if only for my own peace of mind. Best I could do was leave him a note..." Ishido opened the carriage door for Silva as he directed her inside before he himself took the reins on the driver's seat. "Still I know my boss, he might be unconventional and the smartest idiot I have ever known but I get the feeling he'll know what to do. If anything I'm more worried how he's going to run that place by himself. You do not want to know the state his shop was in before he hired me."

Now that Silva thinks about it the Doctor might not be too pleased about his assisted taking an extended time off with no notice ahead of time. She hoped he won't be too angry. She should see if she can bring back any rare and hard to source ingredients to make it up to him. The other lands are bound to have herbs and creatures that can't be found anywhere else. While she sat pondering she looked up through the window to see Ishido dealing with the guard at the gate. It didn't take much for the guards to let them through, it was so easy even ishido was surprised. "Given a city wide panic of this scale the Guards are probably unsure of what to do. If they were in our shoe's they'd probably want to leave the city as quick as possible too. In that sense they probably sympathised with us enough to let us through." Regardless they were finally on their way. Out of the capital city and into the wide and dangerous world. First stop... Hm... Now that she thinks about it, Ishido hasn't mentioned where they were going yet. He DID have a travel plan in mind before beginning this journey right? Silva looked at Ishido's worried expression with a suspicious look... Ah... Judging by his expression he is by all means 'winging it' in every sense of the term. "Uh... Detective... You do have a destination in mind yes?"

Britt-21 Britt-21

Charlotte.png
1710724937958.jpeg
StealthyShades StealthyShades

Lottie didn't take long to get prepared to leave which was good for them. After all, she made it abundantly clear that she wanted to leave before her father arrived. Coming back outside to meet her best butler in the world, she noticed he was already ready with the carriage "Hopefully you didn't have to wait too long, Lawrence." She then climbed into it and soon enough they began their journey to the house of Zhao. Luckily they had a driver so she was able to speak with her butler in the comfort of the carriage. "I know you don't like to be around other Elves as they personally make you feel pretty sickly. I'll try my best to be quick, call it a day and we can avoid going home for a little while." With a gentle shrug of her shoulders, her gaze shifted over from the window and to him. "As we know, the Zhao family... Well... The children of the Zhao family are quite obnoxious. Pompus boys with no knowledge with the difference between their head and their behind." One leg had crossed over the other while her cheek rested upon her fist. "The only one I've not heard too much about is the eldest. Though as far as I'm aware he has no interest in interacting with someone of my status."

Those eyes of hers shifted back to outside her window "Perhaps that's why you don't enjoy the Elven race. Or at least part of the reason. You have yet to open up to me about that." Lowering her eyes some, she continued "Of course I'm patient enough to wait till you are ready to speak about it. Though don't wait till I'm old and gray please, Lawrence." She teased, letting out a small laugh and side glancing him for just a moment. It was best to make some small talk with her partner in crime. Otherwise she just may actually go insane without him. While she did have her handmaid, nothing could beat Lawrence, especially with their pact and their silly little comments back and forth between them. Even little inside jokes. "By the way, are you okay? Do you need anything?" She wasn't a dunce and would do what she could to take care of Law as much as she could. When he looked at her, she could feel that he was probably about to ask her "Shouldn't I be asking you that?" Well, one way to find out if he was actually going to answer her that way or not.

Ishido.png
1710761959692.jpeg
Jackaboi Jackaboi

Ishido could agree with her there, if they were in their shoes too they'd do the same. Well that wouldn't be the worst of ideas. Either way I'm glad we're out of that place before things could get worse. Silva's voice pulled him from his thoughts and he looked over his shoulder towards her "I do have a destination. We're just having to go west till we find a road heading north. Since half the city was blocked off, I couldn't simply just go north to make it easier. So some extra time will be added to our travel but nothing too detrimental." The Detective looked ahead at the road as it eventually turned to dirt. There was not much he could say or do at the moment, and knowing Silva she was a quiet one herself. Soon the road going north had come up and he took the road immediately and began working his way up to the ports to head to Whitshell and Rillia. "To keep you in the know, we're heading towards Whitshell and Rillia. I know its coming close to the one place that could've been the cause of your brother's ailments. However, we'll be going closer to the source. Do some questioning." Once again he glanced over his shoulder.

"Hopefully that sounds good to you."
Though he knew very well that he was going to be more than just question. He was going to hunt down all the materials needed to do one of the most dangerous things anyone else could do. If he had to do it alone in the end, he would. There were stories going around, legends even that there was one way to go through The Banished without being corrupted or being eaten alive by the evils that lurk in that place. It was new information that reached him and of course, no matter how big or small the information was he took it and looked into it as much as he could. "I'll be covering any expenses so if you're low on money there's no need to worry about it." Despite looking worried earlier, how he looked fairly confident and neutral even. "If at any moment you no longer want to travel, just say the word. I won't force you places you do not wish to go." His eyes remained focused on the dirt road as the horses picked up a little bit of pace to get to their destination.

The ports were semi-far and would take a couple of hours. There was hope in the back of his mind she at least grabbed some food before leaving, however if she didn't then that was fine too. A small break wouldn't hurt the pair especially if this is technically an adventure of some sort. "Since this will be a long trip, do you have any questions for me? I know its been a while since we last really spoke like this."

cooltext439227989174976.png
Demon City
7bbf32fc8a5fde5782cd5fed5ab10424.jpg
Still within his tunnel vision like state, Asher's words fell short of Toshiro's ears. His focus was currently on Kiara whom he just found. He only option was continuing forward. He was sure though that, Asher along with everyone else around him, would've definitely heard him. From his current position running on the head of others within the crowd, he noticed the people who was around her...Half-demons. "Did they cause the massacre? Did they take Kiara?" He instantly questioned,not giving them the benefit of the doubt at all. Closing the distance his only focus was reaching his friend, but thats when he heard it. A demonic feminine scream echoed throughout the city, pulling him out of his tunnel vision like state, drawing his attention behind him. He stopped in his tracks as the crowd continued on. He stood there watching as the sky turned from a neon green to a bright light blue. Fires burned through the city causing destruction and horrific screams. Followed next, was the Coup de grâce. He watched as dark magic erupted over the city, changing it forever. Chills instantly flowed through his body, watching as part of Altair was converted to something...horrific, demonic...words couldn't even describe the appearance of it.

As if that was enough, the tension in the air around him, made a sudden change for the worse. he felt all the eyes of crowd darken, and what was once fear turned to anger and hatred. But it wasn't towards him, it was towards the half-demons ahead of him running away. The mod of civilians and guards continued their charge now filled with rage and hatred. Toshiro, came to a conclusion force by the events he discovered and just witnessed. These beings running had to be the cause of this. There was a massacre at the port and now this. Kiara, what did you get dragged into. Please tell me you're not with them. Thoughts flowed his mind, as he drew his sword with determination in his eyes. That same focus he had before was now present once more. Instead of moving over the crowd, the fighter began forcing his way through anyway possible. Slipping through the cracks, going between, over, and under people he made his way to the front once again. A cloud of smoke was in his way, but that wasn't stopping him. Covering his eyes and face, he held his breath as he rushes straight through the smoke. Assuming he made through that small obstacle and it was safe, his eyes opened and there he saw the half demons running away.

Not counting Kiara, he continued four other running along side of her, with one in tow. Sword still drawn, he calls out to them, now not too far behind. "Did you cause this mess?!?!" He yells still running forward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back