• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings The Wolf Howls [1x1] [Long-Term] [Literate]

HowlingWoods

"And she heaved the forest upon her back"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

Note that this thread is under severe construction. I will likely reformat it later, but for the time being I'm just whipping up something very quickly to satisfy a plot urge I've had.

Introduction

Hello! My name is HowlingWoods, but you can just call me Howl, or Karmatose/Karma as I'm known on other sites, or honestly whatever you like so long as it is not mean or obscene. I'm a cisgender female (she/her) who writes primarily male characters primarily because I simply find I write them better, but I am not entirely opposed to playing female characters given the right circumstances. My enjoyment in roleplay comes primarily from the exploration of my character's psyches. I love to delve deep into what truly makes a character tick, and in this way I enjoy creating well-rounded and fleshed out characters. As such, I will always try to use an existing character for a roleplay if I have one that fits, but I am certainly not opposed to creating new characters, provided my partner understands that I will need time to learn the ins and outs of my new creation.

Expectations

I do not consider myself a picky person, but I do have a few expectations for my partners.
  • 18+ please!
  • You must be capable of writing compelling fiction. This is a loose way of saying that if your idea of roleplay is providing a sentence and receiving a sentence in return, we will both be sorely disappointed. I am perfectly okay with dialogue-heavy scenes being a bit shorter on the word count, so long as I am provided enough to reply to, but I do desire partners who are capable of writing more when and if the mood strikes them.
  • You must contribute to the story. This means providing ideas when you have them, talking OOC about our characters and generally just helping to move along the plot.

Characters

These are characters that I tend to use frequently in various RPs. Note that I am open to creating new characters if the mood strikes me. I have much more detailed character sheets for most of these characters, these are just brief overviews.

Coming from a powerful and rich family line where cruelty is considered the catalyst of progress, Juniper has always been the odd one out between his 9 siblings. Although the reasoning for his estrangement from his family depends on the roleplay and the setting, he has been locked away in his room for fifteen years to hide him from the world, his mere existence having become a shame upon his family name. Juniper longs for adventure, love, and a way out of the constant abuse his siblings place upon him, but above all, he seeks to prove himself to the very man which he hates most - his father.

Juniper Feal 6.jpg
Juniper Feal 1.png
Juniper Feal 3.png
Juniper Feal 5.jpg

The dastardly redhead who could easily be summed up as "the grime on the underside of society's boot", there is more to Crowley than meets the eye. He is equally a troubled soul as his childhood friend, Magnus, and yet not as plagued by the world's dark heart so much as having begun to embody that dark heart. This foul-mouthed ginger certainly has his fair share of secrets, but anyone who manages to push past his carefully-constructed walls will find that he is a far more tender heart than he lets on.

Crowley.png
Crowley - Alternate 2.png
Crowley - Alternate.png
Crowley - Alternate 3 [Hurt].png

The raven-haired poet who drinks away his sorrows and often finds himself contemplating how his relationship with his childhood friend, Crowley, became so twisted, Magnus is a broken-hearted soul whose nature is too good for the world he was born into.

Magnus.jpg
Magnus - Alternate.png
Magnus 4.png

The cold and callous ex-slaver and petty thief, Vincent, claims to have little desire for human interaction that doesn't involve making money or having mindless sex with a stranger, but that isn't to say he isn't without his vulnerabilities. A deeply troubled man who wields his dry wit as a weapon with which to keep people away, Vincent, above all else, fears abandonment from the people he holds most dear.

Vincent.png
Vincent.png

In a war-torn world where foreigners are treated as enemies or captured as slaves without exception, everyone thought Nico would not survive past his childhood. After all, he was born completely deaf, and wasn't fortunate enough to be born among the wealthy who are generally untouched by the ravages of war. Sent out time and time again on suicide missions from the age of eight, Nico defied the odds and not only survived, but proved to be a valuable asset. However, at twelve years old, he was taken as a prisoner of war after his whole squadron was massacred, and sold into slavery. Given his exceptional combat skills, he became a bodyguard slave, and over the next eight years he served as his master's faithful guard-dog - or so it seemed. One day, he was found standing over his master's corpse, covered in blood with a bullet from his own gun lodged in his master's side. Through a series of events, he ended up at auction once more, but will anyone buy him with the blood staining his hands?

Nico 2.png
This is my own artwork! Please do not steal!
Nico 3 - Hair Down.png
Nico 3 - Hair Up.png
Nico 1.jpg
Nico 4.png

Plots
This list is certain to cycle plots in and out, but here are a few plots for which I am currently seeking partners.

Genres: Fandom (James Cameron's Avatar), Sci-Fi, Aliens, Tribal, Possible Romance, Redemption Arc, Outcasts.
I almost never do fandom plots, but the release of Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora has made me crave some Avatar oc x oc fun so here we go! Note that you'll have to have at least watched the first movie to do this plot!

[MY CHARACTER] - a deaf RDA soldier. Due to his disability, he grew up isolated on Earth. The military was his last-ditch effort to find meaning in an otherwise meaningless existence. He never cared about the planet, or Eywa, or even the natives. After all, he was just following orders.

That is, until he met [YOUR CHARACTER].

[YOUR CHARACTER] - A Na'vi native who never fit in with their clan. An outcast. Shunned, because they were born of a Na'vi father and a human avatar for a mother. Orphaned at a young age, they've always wondered about their human heritage. It wasn't that they didn't feel a connection to Eywa - just that they felt a connection to Earth, too. And even from so many lightyears away...they could feel the human's home planet dying. Suffering. Something had to be done.

And so when [MY CHARACTER] is separated from his squad and trapped in the Pandoran jungle after dark, [YOUR CHARACTER] knows this is their one chance to learn more about the human world they so desperately want to save. But before they can save Earth, they have to first save Pandora.

An ambitious undertaking for just one outcast.

But maybe two can succeed?

Genres: Found Family, Platonic, Foster Care, Slice of Life, Therapy.
This plot features two of my characters listed above, Magnus Kova and Crowley Graves, but aged down drastically. You would be expected to play two characters as well, to pair with each of my characters. Eventually, their stories will merge and the characters will all reunite. If requested, I'd be willing to play just one half of this roleplay (as in, just do one pair-up as opposed to doubling up) but both of my characters would play at least somewhat of a role as their backstories are connected. Warning for possible suicidal themes, depression, and mentions of sexual assault. If you're concerned about any of these triggers but are still interested in the plot, please still message me and we can discuss how to dial back on those themes for your comfort. ^^

14-year-old Magnus Kova and 15-year-old Crowley Graves are foster kids. They've both been in the New York City foster system as long as they can remember, and have become close friends through their shared experiences. However, when Crowley commits a felony and gets himself arrested, Magnus is left behind to pick up the pieces of his shattered life, all the while passing from home to home on account of his worsening problems with alcohol.

[YOUR CHARACTER A] is a child psychologist working at a juvenile detention center. When Crowley Graves comes into their office, he seems like another run-of-the-mill victim of the system. However, it quickly becomes apparent that this boy is hiding heavier secrets than someone his age should ever have to carry. Can [YOUR CHARACTER A] gain his closely-guarded trust in order to help him heal?

[YOUR CHARACTER B] is a new foster parent who has been given a troubling first assignment - Magnus Kova, an alcoholic 14-year-old who has recently suffered the trauma of losing his best friend. This tender-hearted boy may be grieving, but he still needs discipline. Can [YOUR CHARACTER B] strike a balance between caring and strict?

Optional Twist: [YOUR CHARACTER A] and [YOUR CHARACTER B] are a couple, and must navigate the muddy waters of not just raising one troubled teen, but treating another as well. Can their relationship survive the stress of these new hurdles?

These plots have been archived. I am no longer actively seeking partners for them, but I may be convinced to play them under the right circumstances. Just ask!

Genres: Redemption Arcs, Modern, Gay, Romance, Crime, Grieving, Slow Burn, Espionage, Hate to Love.
This plot is loosely inspired by the DreamWorks movie by the same name. However, you do not need to have seen the movie to do this plot, and it differs quite drastically.

[MY CHARACTER] is the stereotypical 'bad guy'. A con-man and accomplished thief, he and his best friend and partner-in-crime have lived their lives believing that they'll never amount to anything more than criminals. [YOUR CHARACTER] is a police consultant with a troubled past. Having once been a criminal themselves, he knows how hard it is to turn your life around - especially after their fiancé was recently murdered by a gang boss who wants [YOUR CHARACTER] back in the business. When [MY CHARACTER] gets caught in the act of trying to steal [YOUR CHARACTER]'s engagement ring, he has no patience for it. Recognizing [MY CHARACTER] as a suspect in a murder case he's been working on with the police, [YOUR CHARACTER] calls the police to make an arrest.

The interrogation leaves little doubt that [MY CHARACTER] is not the killer, but it does reveal something of personal interest to [YOUR CHARACTER]. [MY CHARACTER]'s best friend is the son of the lead suspect of [YOUR CHARACTER]'s fiancé's murder - the head of a powerful crime syndicate that [YOUR CHARACTER] was once a part of. The police will barely touch the case out of fear of stirring the nest, but there is no way [YOUR CHARACTER] will turn down this opportunity to get justice. [YOUR CHARACTER] manages to blackmail [MY CHARACTER] into helping him catch his fiancé's killer by gathering evidence from the inside. Maybe this tentative partnership can reveal more than just the truth behind a murder - but also the truth behind two broken souls? Maybe, just maybe, the 'bad guy' can learn to love more than just money and sex?

Last edited:
Bump! Added a new plot, Across The Wall Between Us.

Bump! Added a new plot, James Cameron's Avatar: Two Outcasts. Two Planets. One Mission.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back