• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings The Wolf Den - Interest List

Grammatic

Knight of Nevermore
Roleplay Type(s)

The Wolfs Den Interest List
1696857178063.png

Hello all! With how many interest checks I seem to be posting lately, I figured it would be a better option to make a centralized location for my posts like I have seen other people do. As I have a bad problem of wanting to do more stories at all times, I would go ahead and get this page started to keep track of these ideas, and hopefully spark some interest so I can fuel my ever growing addiction.

When it comes to my requests, I ask for two main things. The first and most important, consistency. Other than delays that are unavoidable due to my line of work, I can commit to regular posts once every day or two at a minimum, and if things are flowing really well, I can get you multiple responses in a day. In return, I ask that you commit to a post every few days at least, just so we can push into the story telling and keep things moving. If we discuss things before hand, I am willing to work with whatever schedule you might have.

Second, I request a certain amount of literacy. I won't be asking for a writing sample or anything fancy like that, but I do ask for a similar level of quality that I will provide to you. I will promise to provide roughly three to four paragraphs at a minimum to our story, and in return, ask that we avoid one liner responses. I am far more willing to work with different levels of writing comfort, and am willing to discuss and help develop your writing if you like during the course of our story.

With those general thoughts and requests out of the way, I will get into the details of those stories I have an interest in.

Current Story Ideas

The world of Taldoran was ruled over by the ancient Maelis people for countless centuries. Powerful in the ways of magic and long lived, the Maelis ruled their domains across all three continents of the world, enslaving the primitive human tribes. Humanity were chattel unto the Maelis, and they remained under heel for while they outnumbered their enslavers, they held no magic to fight back with. In the year 982 of the Old Calendar, one man, Tamallin rose up against the Maelis. He led a short lived rebellion, before being driven into the Desert of Jumar. Here, deep in the desert, Tamallin found the First Flame, a source of untapped magic that had existed on Taldoran since its creation. Tamallin bonded with the First Flame, becoming the Herald of the Flame, and the first human to ever control magic.

Tamallin returned and led a new uprising against the Maelis. With his connection to the First Flame opening the path for the rest of humanity, many other magic users began to emerge, joining to growing rebellion. After thirty long years of war, the Maelis were driven from the known world, and in their place, the first human empire was formed, the Tamallin Empire. It has been three hundred years since the foundation of the empire. The line of the first Emperor and Herald of the Flame, Tamallin has been broken, and the First Flame lays dormant. Many have tried to restore the bond with the First Flame, but none have succeeded, and no new magic users have been born for years. Without a single, central figure to lead the empire, provinces have begun to break away, and the Imperial Senate has been unable to break to unify it fractured system to counter this growing threat. To the far north, rumors of ships with black sails have begun to spread, bringing word that the Maelis, long since thought defeated, may be returning.

Our story begins in this chaos. We would be writing childhood friends that grew up in the heartland of the Tamallin Empire, seeing first hand the growing corruption and oppression spreading across the Tamallin Empire, and be forced to make decisions to either try and save this Empire, or make certain its destruction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back