"The Witcher" Roleplay?

Newson

grant me eyes
Now I have been playing "The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt" rigorously and almost religiously and I have become addicted. Even to the extent of wanting to roleplay it. But the thing is, I need help. I feel for a roleplay that large of scale as the game is, I would need some co-GM help, as in you. If you happen to help.

I was hoping it could take place in Velen and the close by city of Novigrad, though I have not reached that far in the game, damn those side-quests and constant needing of leveling up, I wish for it to be set in the Velen and Northern Isles nations. The events of the roleplay would probably be a somewhat altered timeline. Probably with a certain event that allowed the creation of a few more witchers, even after Ciri. The reason being because of the probability of many people wanting to be witchers.

Other than that I have also been brainstorming mechanics. Fighting could be dice-based, with rolling a certain number determining the amount of power using, whether it be light or strong attack. But a "not adventured" area of mechanics is the case of magic. As it is an obvious upper hand in battle, but how would you determine your stamina, what you can cast, and how you can use it. This is why I ask for help.

Anyone interested in the Witcher series should at least hear my pleas and lend a hand, but I am not forcing anyone. I could go on but I wish to wait for extra information until at least someone shows interest in helping.

Thank you for reading,

~Wastes Storyteller

I believe their may be a Witcher RPG knocking about with mechanics and setting material you can use.

However, I happen to have written a game with some intentional thematic and tonal similarities to the Witcher - I could probably easily modify some components for a direct Witcher hack,

I think even most Fellows would not have understood.

I believe that a tabletop Witcher RPG may already exist, which means professionals have handled the dice mechanics and extra lore, so if you can find that and purchase a copy, it should serve you very well.

Alternatively, I have written a tabeltop RPG which shares some similarities with the witcher universe, including an Alchemist profession which was inspired by The Witcher.

With some small changes, I could make this work for your RP, saving you the trouble of either devising mechanics or buying them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back