• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Winged Kingdom (OOC Chat)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Battychaichilla

• welcome, my lovelies.

❝ let's have a spot of tea and talk about OCs! !

Sit back, relax, and join the show!

Please be respectful to each other, we're here to have a good time <3

So I do have a few questions that I'm going to ask here (and many more that I will save for later, when the RP calls for it). If these questions are just out of the scope of what you want to do with the RP, or you just want to leave them up to exposition, I super ultra respect that so don't feel obligated to have/come up with any answers to these questions.

How much of the world is taken up by the winged kingdoms?

What is the technology like in these kingdoms?

How common is magic?

What are the relations between the kingdoms like?

What kind of religions are there?

What is the law like in the winged kingdoms? Is there anything that is legal which should be illegal?

What sort of criminals are there?

No problem!

How much of the world is taken up by the Winged Kingdoms?
Maybe about a whopping 35%? There are other kingdoms that are currently in an alliance with each other (The Pelt Kingdoms, The Mythical Kingdoms, The Insecta Kingdoms, The Olfacto Kingdoms) but they will not be involved until much later in the story. I did want to narrow it down to just the Winged Kingdoms for now since that's where the bulk of the story starts off with, and the heirs will have a heavy prejudice toward just holding out invitations to their own citizens.

What is the technology like in these kingdoms?
Medieval to early modern.

How common is magic?
So far, nonexistent-- at least to the knowledge of the Winged Kingdoms. There is plenty of myths and legends that are regarded as children's stories, but there is evidence that at least some of it is real. This won't be addressed until later in the story.

What are the relations between the kingdoms like?
Tolerant. The Peacock Kingdom and The Swan Kingdom had the rockiest relationship between them all, so the current rulers betrothed their heirs to unite this shaky relationship. Unfortunately, there is still hostility between both kingdoms, as will be seen between Jiro and Gabby.
All Kingdoms claim tolerance and impartiality, but each kingdom hold their own biases.
The Butterfly Kingdom, as a nation, tend to lean on pacifism and neutrality, and are likely to be reluctant to join hands in a war even if they are obligated to by the alliance. As such, they are looked down on by the others. They are also not seen as "true" since their integration into the kingdoms is fairly 'recent', and have already had a past with two other Alliances already.
The Puffin Kingdom is the poorest, and thus are seen as 'hicks' in comparison to the others. It doesn't help that most of the inhabitants are uneducated and are virtually stuck in a cycle of menial jobs passed down family after family. The King and Queen are content with this and refuse to see change, and the people, due to their state, are unable to even rebel.
The Swan Kingdom tends to be the most aggressive in terms of cultural personality. They are the biggest nation among them all. They are the 'loudest and the proudest', and are seen as sickeningly patriotic.
The Peacock Kingdom is all high class. They're seen as stuck up snobs that refuse to provide generosity to their fellow nations.
The Parrot Kingdom are not taken seriously at all. They're seen as the "party animals" of the nations and are considered "uncultured". In reality they are an abundance of public affection, physical displays of affection (hugs, kisses on the cheek), and most of the celebrations are viewed as too gaudy and undignified. They are also seen as the most ununited, given their split between the districts.
The Mockingbird Kingdom is a dark speck in their history and it's almost as if all kingdoms have tried erasing their existence.
Chickens are not taken seriously.

What kind of religions are there?
...I haven't put much thought into this, truthfully. I may need to spend more time developing this, since Daiki is canonically very religious and I wouldn't put it past his nation to think on a similar vein.

What is the law like in the Winged Kingdoms? Is there anything that is legal that should be illegal?
Yes. The national bird of each nation must not be slaughtered or killed, and must be given a proper burial. This does not count for the butterfly kingdom.
Swan Men are allowed to kidnap their brides and force them into marriage. Women are generally viewed as property. Gabby loathes this law and wants it abolished.
The Butterfly Kingdom may be a cult (????)
Mockingbirds are instantly put to death. Anyone accused of being a Mockingbird will face torturous interrogations and will be thrown into the dungeon unless indefinite evidence was shown that there is no relation to the Mockingbird Kingdom.
Unfortunately this is all I can think of. It's very late and I had a long day of work.

What sort of criminals are there?
Anyone declaring their previous citizenship as a Mockingbird is immediately shown as a criminal.
There are groups wishing to revive the Mockingbird Kingdom but again... this isn't addressed until later.
The Chickens are crazy but nobody takes them seriously.

Thank you. I'm pretty excited about this. It seems like you have a lot going on and I'm really happy you didn't just vomit it all on the lore page.

Pet Panda Pet Panda Absolutely!! There's other events that will be coming up later, as well as mini arcs and ways for your characters all to shine, but I was afraid that all the lore I had provided was getting to be too much. As much as I love reading and writing this kind of stuff, I know that stories that are too heavy by lore can be intimidating to a lot of role-players and personally, I think it's way better and more fun if it's addressed in-story naturally or hinted at instead of blatantly explained.

If you have any more questions, please let me know!

I consider it a mental strength, since it’s something that you’re (usually) born with and something that you can strengthen with time.

Last edited:
Do we list things in both hobbies and likes if they fit in both or just one of the two categories?

EldridSmith EldridSmith I’m so sorry, I feel like I should clarify: “Doesn't understand the point of fashion or art” and “has trouble understanding things that are impractical” are not mental, emotional, or physical weaknesses. Neither is Black Thumb, but I do like it and want you to have enough leniency to let you keep it.

Perfectionism is definitely one! Maybe egotistical, or self righteous?

EldridSmith EldridSmith I’m so sorry, I feel like I should clarify: “Doesn't understand the point of fashion or art” and “has trouble understanding things that are impractical” are not mental, emotional, or physical weaknesses. Neither is Black Thumb, but I do like it and want you to have enough leniency to let you keep it.

Perfectionism is definitely one! Maybe egotistical, or self righteous?
Well I would object to that, he has trouble mentally understanding why anyone would do anything impractical or suboptimal such as art or fashion, they just don't make sense to him and that's rather important since it's like the whole thing of some of the other nations.

Well I would object to that, he has trouble mentally understanding why anyone would do anything impractical or suboptimal such as art or fashion, they just don't make sense to him and that's rather important since it's like the whole thing of some of the other nations.

Ah, I completely see what you mean! And I genuinely appreciate that consideration. However, that is still not a weakness, especially since he is from the Swan Kingdom and most of their residents also believe that the other kingdoms’ ideals and interests are foolish. I suppose I should clarify that I’m looking for a flaw that your character specifically has. Perhaps he’s patriotic or close-minded?

Ah, I completely see what you mean! And I genuinely appreciate that consideration. However, that is still not a weakness, especially since he is from the Swan Kingdom and most of their residents also believe that the other kingdoms’ ideals and interests are foolish. I suppose I should clarify that I’m looking for a flaw that your character specifically has. Perhaps he’s patriotic or close-minded?
Considering this is a roleplay I thought that would be a major weakness since he'll mostly be dealing with people from other kingdom's... I'm really not sure what else to put 😅

EldridSmith EldridSmith
Oh no, I understand that outlook and like I said, I really appreciate that you took into consideration the other nations! It’s just neither an emotional, physical, or mental weakness.

I’m just looking for character flaws, honestly ^_^ Something that could make other characters possibly dislike them or a flaw that can be taken advantage of by a bad guy, something that could eventually make them grow as a person.

EldridSmith EldridSmith
Oh no, I understand that outlook and like I said, I really appreciate that you took into consideration the other nations! It’s just neither an emotional, physical, or mental weakness.

I’m just looking for character flaws, honestly ^_^ Something that could make other characters possibly dislike them or a flaw that can be taken advantage of by a bad guy, something that could eventually make them grow as a person.
I suppose Blunt works then...?

I provided some examples, like Close-Minded, or Patriotic? Perhaps they only think their nation is the best that is? Or they don’t have a filter and say whatever is on their mind, even if it’s Blunt or Rude?

Yes! Sorry, I just posted that as you responded.
No worries, to save you some trouble from going to the page:
" Doesn't understand the point of fashion or art, has trouble understanding things that are impractical, has a black thumb (opposite of a green thumb), and he is a notorious Perfectionist who has trouble with accepting less than optimal outcomes. He is blunt with others and calls things how he sees them, while he does have a filter to not intentionally insult someone, he will on occoassion hit a sore spot unintentionally. "

Users who are viewing this thread

Back