• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

The Wild Beyond the Witchlight (D&D 5e)

aurivee_

Certified Angst Enjoyer
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
The Witchlight Carnival perpetually drifts from place to place between the Planes, landing in any given location once every eight years. The fey carnival brings the magic and wonder of the Plane of Faerie for but one fleeting night, before moving on. Eight years ago, when you and your companions were only children, the Carnival came to your hometown of Waterdeep. You all entered the carnival for a night of revelry and mischief, but left with a part of yourself very distinctly missing.

Perhaps it was a cherished object, a part of your personality, or even a person near and dear to your heart. Whatever it was, you have never truly felt complete since. With eight years gone by and your final year of schooling about to begin, the Witchlight Carnival has returned to Waterdeep once more. You and your companions from that fateful night - now fire-forged friends - return to the carnival once more, determined to reclaim what you have lost. In doing so, however, you find yourself wrapped up in a plot bigger than you could have possibly imagined...

--

Welcome to my first interest check on the site! This game will be a modified and expanded version of the official 5e module The Wild Beyond the Witchlight.

Some basic info about the game:
  • The campaign will progress from Level 1 to Level 14, with a special Level 0 prologue featuring the characters as children.
  • A large part of this campaign will take place in the Feywild.
  • This is a campaign with heavy focus on roleplay, narrative, and solutions to combat that do not involve a fight to the death. If you are looking to play a murderhobo, I can respect that, but you probably won't enjoy this game all that much. I'd heavily advise against it.
  • You should be willing to work with the DM and other players to integrate your character into the narrative. I enjoy working with my players to integrate their characters into the world around them.
  • The tone of this campaign is comparable to that of dark fairytales - sometimes whimsical, sometimes terrifying, often both.
  • IC content will take place on RPN, but Discord is required for OOC communication.
  • All RPN rules are upheld here. This is not up for dispute.
  • I'm pretty open to a wide variety of character concepts, but the following factors must be consistent: your character must be attending school with the other players at the time of the prologue up until the beginning of the campaign, your character should be friends with the rest of the party (or at least have a reason to stick with them), and your character's lost thing should be influential enough that they have a motivation to reclaim it. Good or Neutral characters are preferred.
  • I would appreciate that players are able to post at least a couple of times per week, especially during combat. Posts, especially combat posts, do not need to be long. Be descriptive, but don't feel pressured to write several paragraphs. A couple to a few sentences will generally suffice, depending on the situation. I can post quite frequently myself.

Before accepting character sheets, I would like to gauge interest in the game. Please reply below if you are interested! I will be accepting 4-5 players. Priority will be given to those I have roleplayed with before, as I can be more certain of their commitment. Experience with 5e is not required, but experience in roleplay is preferred.

Aaaah I've been eyeing the WBTW for so long, I loved the theme from the description but haven't found a campaign for it.

I'd definitely be down!

Thank you all for your interest! ^^

I'll still be accepting one more player if anyone else shows interest, but in the meantime, I will start setting up the OOC. The link should hopefully go out later today.

oh i will be more than willing to join the campaign.
i was watching out for a witchlight campaign for some time now, especially since the one i was in before ended right after we entered the second chapter of the campaign.

Wow, this filled up fast! Best of wishes regarding this, and in the smallest chance that things ever look down remember that even gravity is on your side. o7

Hello. I'd be happy to step in if any of your slots happen to open up for whatever reason. It looks like a lot of fun! Good luck with your adventure! ^^

The Witchlight Carnival perpetually drifts from place to place between the Planes, landing in any given location once every eight years. The fey carnival brings the magic and wonder of the Plane of Faerie for but one fleeting night, before moving on. Eight years ago, when you and your companions were only children, the Carnival came to your hometown of Waterdeep. You all entered the carnival for a night of revelry and mischief, but left with a part of yourself very distinctly missing.

Perhaps it was a cherished object, a part of your personality, or even a person near and dear to your heart. Whatever it was, you have never truly felt complete since. With eight years gone by and your final year of schooling about to begin, the Witchlight Carnival has returned to Waterdeep once more. You and your companions from that fateful night - now fire-forged friends - return to the carnival once more, determined to reclaim what you have lost. In doing so, however, you find yourself wrapped up in a plot bigger than you could have possibly imagined...

--

Welcome to my first interest check on the site! This game will be a modified and expanded version of the official 5e module The Wild Beyond the Witchlight.

Some basic info about the game:
  • The campaign will progress from Level 1 to Level 14, with a special Level 0 prologue featuring the characters as children.
  • A large part of this campaign will take place in the Feywild.
  • This is a campaign with heavy focus on roleplay, narrative, and solutions to combat that do not involve a fight to the death. If you are looking to play a murderhobo, I can respect that, but you probably won't enjoy this game all that much. I'd heavily advise against it.
  • You should be willing to work with the DM and other players to integrate your character into the narrative. I enjoy working with my players to integrate their characters into the world around them.
  • The tone of this campaign is comparable to that of dark fairytales - sometimes whimsical, sometimes terrifying, often both.
  • IC content will take place on RPN, but Discord is required for OOC communication.
  • All RPN rules are upheld here. This is not up for dispute.
  • I'm pretty open to a wide variety of character concepts, but the following factors must be consistent: your character must be attending school with the other players at the time of the prologue up until the beginning of the campaign, your character should be friends with the rest of the party (or at least have a reason to stick with them), and your character's lost thing should be influential enough that they have a motivation to reclaim it. Good or Neutral characters are preferred.
  • I would appreciate that players are able to post at least a couple of times per week, especially during combat. Posts, especially combat posts, do not need to be long. Be descriptive, but don't feel pressured to write several paragraphs. A couple to a few sentences will generally suffice, depending on the situation. I can post quite frequently myself.

Before accepting character sheets, I would like to gauge interest in the game. Please reply below if you are interested! I will be accepting 4-5 players. Priority will be given to those I have roleplayed with before, as I can be more certain of their commitment. Experience with 5e is not required, but experience in roleplay is preferred.
This sounds so fun! If I'm being honest I've only ever done one other DnD roleplay, but I'd be very interested! I roleplay other things regularly

Hello. I'd be happy to step in if any of your slots happen to open up for whatever reason. It looks like a lot of fun! Good luck with your adventure! ^^

This sounds so fun! If I'm being honest I've only ever done one other DnD roleplay, but I'd be very interested! I roleplay other things regularly

I'm pretty sure we're full for now, but I'll keep you both in mind for the future! ^^

Oh hey, one of my real-life groups is doing this- I hope its as fun for you all as it is for us XD

i wish i had gotten in on this when i had the chance. this is potentially be one of the funnest concepts... so many ways it can go... but if u were looking for 5, 7 would be pushing it. I do hope u wanna do one or two of my games, though none are 5e.

also, what gator said :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back