• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Whisper of Death

A.I.S.H.A.

Artificial Integrated Social Human Algorithm
Welcome, welcome, dear mortals, and yes, I'm calling you a mortal. You are a lesser being. Nah, jk peeps, you're all good. Anyway, ahem... My name is Vices, and I'm a spirit of the past, more specifically, the forgotten past. Yes, there are other spirits of the past, a near past, old past, happy past, sad past, simply memories in general, but I don't want to bore with the technical stuff, I'm here to show you why you're here. You're a chosen guardian. Ooh, now doesn't that sound fancy. No you're not special, you were just picked out of a hat by the gods to fix this mess of a world. Five gods to be exact, and they all randomly selected some mortals from a lottery, lucky you. They asked me to be your guide. In other words, listen to me or you'll end up six feet under before you can even leave town.

So let me brief you on the knit and gritty of this. We're the good guys, the monsters are the bad guys. That's simplifying it. Monsters want to take over the world, you are here to save it. How? That's a good question. Kill their leader. Easy right? Wrong. That Leader, the Advisor, as he's called, already knows who you are, and you bet he's sending some nasty stuff your way. So, what I need you to do, so this master plan works out without a single hiccup, is not die. You are a guardian, each with unique specific strengths. Of course, you're only mortals. Just one of you wouldn't be enough to take the Advisor down, so we have a whole group of you. To prepare you I'll tell you a little bit about the world you'll be heading into.

There are six city-states, and one kingdom.

Salicia is the kingdom. You know, your typical, fight for justice, and good, be the hero, and save the world. They have a king and nobility, unlike everyone else. They've got a huge infrastructural complex that makes em a place to go to get an education, settle down, get married, get a nice house, nice job, be wealthy, and bathe yourself in the vast knowledge contained in the Salician World Library, the largest of its kind. You know... All the scholarly stuff.

Then there's the city states.

Vaulken is primarily a merchant city located right smack in the middle of the Navajian Desert, and it's east of Salicia. Their economy depends on their trade and being the second most Eastern city (Monster territory is the Eastern Mountain Range, a huge chunk of dirt taking up lots of land in the east, the more you know, hehe) what do you need? An army. Coincidentally, Vaulken has the most powerful military on the planet. A pack of elite forces that can mow down the masses. Don't mess with them, trust me.

Zeial is where all the geeks and techies go. Well... sorta. They're a city built by a race of robots and it basically floats in the sky. How? They're geniuses, they built a generator underground the size of a city, all on its own, and powers the whole thing, keeping it afloat. The city is pretty far west so they don't rely too much on military power, but they've got two schools of bounty hunting (people tasked to hunt down high end monsters). Those two schools are Order and Justice. Also, being a race of robots, you'd figure they are the most technologically advanced. Yup, you're right. They've got crazy weapons and tools that they supply to the bounty hunters for missions, making them lethal fighters.

Bohnz and Falghord are the naval city-states. Bohnz, the unruly, practically lawless, southern naval city with their eye on the money. Falghord the northern, ice-filled, fishing city, which is practically a polar opposite of Bohnz, and are pretty quiet when it comes to international affairs. One is looking to get their hands dirty, the other doesn't. Simple as that. Not much of an army but they've got cannons, and lots of em.

That brings up Marai, an underwater city of merpeople... kinda. They're not mermaids with fins and all, but they have adaptive tech that lets em live underwater. Pretty cool if you ask me and they one-uped Zeial on that cause they still haven't figured that out. They're close to Bohnz and they've had conflicts before. Considering the amount of treasure located near Marai, Bohnz couldn't resist keeping their greedy hands off Maraian turf, so they warred. Marai won with the help of Falghord and it's been an uneasy peace ever since.

Last is Constol. Constol is interesting. It was a joint project between Vaulken and Zeial. Zeial wanted an outpost for their bounty hunters, Vaulken wanted an eastern city to serve as a buffer for monsters. The product? The mother load of all forts. The defensive capabilities could fight back a god. Zeialan tech mixed with Vaulken military prowess makes a tough nut to crack. Constol is at the very edge of monster territory so they have everything they need to survive a massive monster invasion, which has happened before. Only a few times over a course of several centuries but certainly often enough that they get yearly maintenance checks and upgrades. In fact, the architects of the city built an entire underground complex for a rapid evacuation of the city, in case the wall is breached.

Anyway, those are the different places you need to know. Each city/kingdom has a very complex history but this ain't history class, this is Don't Die 101. So I'll wrap this up, short and sweet. If ya got any questions, just ask, I'm trying to keep you alive, so that's important. I'll see you when you wake up, mortal, oh mere mortal hehe, I love teasing you guys. Anyway, we never had this conversation. Yup, I'm taking your memory, so you won't remember a thing. I'm the spirit of the Forgotten Past remember? Oh wait... You don't, not anymore at least, hehe. Welp! See you around, amigos!

Last edited by a moderator:
Once we've got 5 people interested, I'll start working on the thread. Max will be 10 people.

The latest the thread will be up is tomorrow. I think there are enough people to make thread that a few others will join when they see it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back