• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Weight of the Crown

*LOL* Like I said - the kingdoms are up to you guys. I would LIKE them to be cohesive, but in the end that isn't 100% necessary. I'd just to avoid cross-lining too many cultures - because it makes it more difficult to figure out the history of the kingdoms together. But as long as you're confident you can mesh them, go to town :)

And silly Dusk. We don't call them rip-offs. We call them "inspirations".

So do they have to European inspired, or can they be inspired by other areas/countries as well? I'm dying to rip-off Thailand because MOTHER COUNTRY

I'd -like- to keep them as European inspired as possible. I totally know the draw of using other areas - especially in that time period, but I'm trying to bear in mind languages and cultures and making sure we've got enough cohesion when it comes to the diplomatic/political aspects of the rp... if that makes sense?

Ah, okay. I wasn't sure just how "separated" these countries are. Basically, you want them to be similar enough that they all exist on the same subcontinent?

Yes :) The size of the map - when I get around to making it - will be roughly Lord of the Rings size. Think Effie's map in Seeds/Dragon Wardens for reference. Different cultures may absolutely be represented, but they are located within the same geographical range.

I would say that I am interested. I've wanted a nation-rp where the players work together to make a good story for years now.

Glad to see so much interest :) I'll hopefully get the character sheet up tomorrow so you can start working on those kingdoms -- Bear in mind it WILL Be a pretty intense sheet, so I'm not expecting anyone to get it done within the week. PLEASE ... take your time. The more detailed and well thought out your sheet, the more likelihood it will be chosen as one of the seven :)

I think this looks very interesting.

I don't have a lot of posts here though so not sure how that's going to turn out but I guess we'll see.

I apologize for not getting the sheet up tomorrow - finishing up some details on the overview for the RP and lost track of time! I have an echocardiagram tomorrow and basically no idea how long that takes, but after that, I'll have the rest of the afternoon free, so barring any changes in schedule, I should be able to finish coding it then. But in the meantime, I've got the basic bones so you can get started. Again - I don't anticipate ANYONE getting this done any faster than a week. PLEASE take your time. There is no deadline as of right now!

NOTE: Do not worry about coding your sheet - I'm making a coding so the sheets will be cohesive and easy to read - you'll be able to input the information once I have the code available to you :)

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me - or ask here.

KINGDOM NAME:

Palace/Castle/Keep Name:

Ruler(s): Who runs the show.

Army Status: Is the army large, small, strong, weak, damaged, ruthless? Do they recruit from villagers or is it a knight's code system?

Crest/Shield: Colors/symbols of their kingdom

Culture: Quality of life, structure of government, etc.

Religious Structure: Ellemar has a generally monotheistic belief system (think European)

Location: Where is it located (for instance, Northern mountains... Southern shore... etc.)

Geography: What is the area like, geographically - terrain, climate etc.

Pertinent History:

Major Conflict:

Minor Conflict(s):

(please select a conflict from the following list (you may also use your own) -

Assassinations/Attempts, Arranged Marriages, Sordid Affairs, Political Subterfuge, Warmongering, Sibling Rivalries, Plague/Illness, Poverty/Revolts, Shift in Loyalty, Jealousy)

Major Players: These are essentially the characters you will control - not including if you choose to make a main character. Please fill out a separate sheet for each one - you can have as many as you like, but no fewer than three, please.

Name:

Kingdom Position:

Social Class:

Political Leaning:

Brief Appearance: -2 paragraphs

Brief History: -2 paragraphs

--

MAIN Character:

Name:

Kingdom Position:

Social Class:

Political Leaning:

Character:

Quirks, Proclivities and Weak Spots:

Greatest Strength

Greatest Weakness

Weapon: If applicable

Mount: If applicable

Appearance

Height

Weight

Pertinent History - I do not need to know when their first tooth fell out, or that one time they drank too much ale and partied with the king's daughter. I DO need to know a bit about their life as it pertains to their position in the story.

Would you mind if I included a writing sample along with the sheet? It would be a crucial piece of character history, and I feel a narrative presentation would work best.

I don't necessarily require control of a full kingdom, if the amount of players >7 I'll happily make a bunch of characters from different backgrounds instead of a single nation.

LeviathanL said:
I don't necessarily require control of a full kingdom, if the amount of players >7 I'll happily make a bunch of characters from different backgrounds instead of a single nation.
Let me clarify - just so there isn't confusion - As of right now there won't be random roles available to those who don't create kingdoms - but I will have roles available for people whose kingdoms aren't selected for the project.

Hey there - I would be totally interested in something like this, but I don't have many posts on RPN. I have however been rping for seven or so years now, so I have some experience. Would you still be willing to consider? I have no problem sending you a writing sample, and my profile is open so you can see my IC posts.

:) I feel pretty comfortable with that level of experience - maybe just tack a writing sample onto your sheet, if you wouldn't mind? I realize that's a lot to write - but you have plenty of time :)

And just a note on the 'plenty of time front' - Just so no one feels obligated to rush, because I'm serious when I say TAKE YOUR TIME... I'm not going to be posting the actual RP thread for this until next week. I realized posting it might make people antsy - especially if some people are able to finish their sheets faster, so for now just work on them in google docs or sandboxes and I'll have the thread up sometime in the later portion of next week :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back