• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom The Warded Man [No Series Knowledge Required]

Dagfinn

Maid Of Doom

The Warded Man is a book (You don't need to have read it to join us). However I highly recommend it, because it is part of a fantastic book series. For those who have read it, heads up. The story will also take elements from the other books, but we'll be using our own characters so most of the lore/detail will come from The Warded Man.

The world was not always as we see it know, there was a time when humanity lived in balance with the demons. Those years are called the Age of Ignorance; it was a time before wards. The Age of Ignorance was a scary time for human, but there was less demons back then and they couldn't kill everyone. Much like today, humans would build up what they could and the demons would tear it down each night.

We struggled to survive adapted, learning how to hide food and animals from the demons. We lived in holes in the ground so they couldn't find us.

We lived anyway we could, until we discovered writing. From there it wasn't long until we found writing that could hold back the demons, called wards. We practiced wards, more and more until someone found a ward that could even hurt them.

The demons did not take well to this advancement. They fought back, and hard, thus the beginning of the First Demon War, the second age, the Age of the Deliverer. Magical tactics grew and humans began living longer. There was hope that we could stop the demons all together, and soon they top showing up at all. Humanity rejoiced in their victory, but as many years passed without a common foe, the brotherhood of men grew strained. For the first time we fought against each other. As war sparked, the Deliverer was called upon by all sides to lead, but he shouted ‘I'll not fight ‘gainst men while a single demon remains in the Core!’ He turned his back, and left the land as armies marched and all the land fell into chaos.

From these wars arose powerful nations, mankind spread far and wide, covering the entire world. The Age of the Deliverer came to a close, and the Age of Science began. The Age of Science was our greatest time but in that time was out biggest mistake. We forgot magic.

After three thousand years the demon were thought to have never existed. The demons multiplied over the centuries. The three hundred years ago, they rose from the Core one night in massive numbers to take it back. Whole cities were destroyed in the first night. Men fought back, but even our greatest weapons had little effect. The Age of Science came to a close and the Age of Destruction took hold.

They look in there history desperate for answers, the old science was not help, but they found salvation at last in old stories once considered fantasy. Men began to draw clumsy symbols in the dirt, preventing the demons from approaching. The wards still ward, but nerves hands make mistakes and that could lead to disaster. Those who survived gathered people to them, protecting them through the nights. Those men became the first Warders.

Still no one could find the ward that hurt the demons, and some fought but not with much strength...

RP Here

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be honest and say I haven't read the book you say inspired this, yet this peaks my interest!!! I'd love to join you!

^~^

That would be great

This RP isn't ganna have solid plot, mostly free roam. So reading the books isn't necessary, but I said it before and I'll say it again. You should read it, they're my all time favorite books (The Demon Cycle)

Anyway, I'd love it if you'd join

I'd like at least five people interested besides @Atom and I before I'd start up the RP though

I have too

I know people are probably ganna fall away, lots of people show interest then either never join or after they join they just never post

This books premise seems intesting and both of you (Roo and Atom) seem to be good at this whole roleplaying lark. Colour me interested. I'll begin doing research on the lore and get the major points in my head. Might even read the book, because it sounds quite interesting!

I can't wait to play my character, I'm very connected with them

Atom and I tried to RP just one on one, but he got bored so it ended quickly xD

Wait are you using that same character? Cause I really wanted to be the equivalent of Arlen this time around ;(

Lol xDD

I haven't exactly started forming a character in my head, but I'm brewing up a few ideas. And hopefully this one lasts a long time!

We can have more than one 'Arlen' it doesn't really matter

I'm keeping my character, maybe if you would've let me have the part I waited for the WHOLE entire RP. Then I wouldn't need to use them since I feel so cheated right now.

I told you how much I wanted that one moment and you quit right before it happened ;-;

I will be Bryce AGAIN!

9PP0x8R.jpg

He's a messenger, and one of the few people that will go to the desert to deliver stuff.

The north and south fight a lot because the southerners 'Desert Rats' have an interesting culture and fight the demons while the northerners 'Chin' are considered cowards by the south.

The whole politics of it all is fun

The plot of the series is they find the wards that fight demons, then the south trys to take over the north to create one nation by force.

It's a great series.

Bump

Since you two seem vested into this idea

I think I'll write up the rest of the RP tonight

I need settings, nations relations, some other junk. So we probably won't start tonight anyway, and hopefully a few more people tag on

I haven't picked a 'level' for this per sé. I was thinking detailed 1-2 paragraphs minimum

But if you guys prefer casual we can defiantly do that, just so long as I get to RP xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back