• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Carmen

Carmen couldn't help but smirk at the girl's boasting. "I have no doubt," Carmen replied. Thinking in her head for bit, she addressed the young girl again after a moment.

"I know you insisted you're okay, but just so you know? It's okay not to be okay."

Fluffy Cookies Fluffy Cookies

Binna

Binna took in the two men before her as they bounced off each other like a comic duo. According to them, Wally had been off both the pills since the outbreak began and now wasn't drinking anymore, making him truly drug free. Binna had tried to get him clean before. It had cost her a small fortune for her to do this, but it was her baby brother. Perhaps the outbreak had done at least one good thing by them.

Still. This wasn't his first stretch of being clean. He did always relapse. Still, things could change, right?

Binna was musing on this when Bella entered the room with Danny, Elliot, and Juli in tow.

"Danny, Elliot!" Binna stood up to greet them, getting up with amazing energy. "So--"

Wally was quick to interject. Binna had told him a lot about these three and probably wanted to make a good impression. His ASL was sloppier than his sisters, but he tried to follow suit and sign along with what he was saying. "I'm Wally. Binna's brother."

Binna was slightly annoyed she was cut off with all her excitement, but It was fleeting. "What he said."

Wally walked toward Danny, extending his hand. Wally was taller, but Danny was definitely in all around better shape. "Danny, right?" Wally gave the smallest of glances back to Binna, to confirm he got them right. He then turned to Elliot and signed his next words without speaking, possibly to impress him.

"And you must be Elliot."

Bella reached out and took Wally's other hand. There were tears in her eyes. "Binna told us so much about her family," she said. "She never thought you'd be alive."

"I'm here now," Wally replied. "It's great to meet you three. Thanks for looking out for my sister."

The Dapper Mog The Dapper Mog Zenterfold Zenterfold

Derek

"Just sleep on it."

As Lionheart and Derek spoke, a large, muscular man joined them. He was holding a firearm, one of the few in Faith allowed to do so inside the walls.

"I thought you had food poisoning or something, James," Derek said playfully. "You missed the herd attack just a bit ago."

James was one of Derek's closest allies. James was shared by both the medical team and the security team because of his skillset. Some people even looked up to him more than they did Derek, despite Derek's position as head of security. "This is Sam," Derek offered, introducing the man to James. "He's one of our new people."

Charles Babel Charles Babel R U S T R U S T

Zenterfold Zenterfold
"Food problem?" Ray questioned, fixing the doctor a quizzical look. "Did somebody say something to you? We have enough food to get by, and that's all that matters."

He crossed his arms, giving off a confident look. It wouldn't do to give the impression to the newcomers that Faith couldn't provide for them properly. Last thing Ray wanted on his conscious was the thought of these people putting themselves in danger by going back out there into the wild. Beyond that, with the stolen supplies in mind, there could be no chatter of a lack of resources.

When offered the cigarette, Ray wavered for just a moment before taking it. He partly did it as a matter of politeness and partly out of morbid curiosity. He'd kicked the habit a few years out of college and the outbreak had yet to get him back on it. He only nodded and pocketed it though instead of taking a light from the man.

"I'm sorry about your family," Ray offered. "Must be hard enough being so far from home, let alone being a part of all this." He then paused for a long moment, letting the doctor's question linger on his mind. "Thing is, my whole life was here in this city. Parents, friends, family. But my mom and dad, they didn't last long in all this. Didn't have any siblings either. My in-laws, who knows where they are. I did have one real good friend though. He took his whole family and went North when all this began. Him and probably thousands of others, all in a couple of months. We never saw any of them ever again."
"I see...well we can only hope the one's we care for are still alive." He said in a soft yet audible tone. "Hm...From what I gathered the dead are attracted to sound yes? Perhaps if we set up wind chimes further from here we can make this community larger and be able to keep the dead men out in a wider area. but the amount of time it may take would be long...harsh. This place reminds me of my younger years back in East Berlin....such a small quiet place it was back then..I find it peaceful" under the mask he wore a smile appeared. soon his crow ,whomst he named famine, landed back on his shoulder and looked around. "so...what now my friend? Do I have a job as doctor? if not I am quite the weapon nut you bring me the materials I'll make it" he said turning and looking down at Ray

Carmen

Carmen couldn't help but smirk at the girl's boasting. "I have no doubt," Carmen replied. Thinking in her head for bit, she addressed the young girl again after a moment.

"I know you insisted you're okay, but just so you know? It's okay not to be okay."

Fluffy Cookies Fluffy Cookies

Binna

Binna took in the two men before her as they bounced off each other like a comic duo. According to them, Wally had been off both the pills since the outbreak began and now wasn't drinking anymore, making him truly drug free. Binna had tried to get him clean before. It had cost her a small fortune for her to do this, but it was her baby brother. Perhaps the outbreak had done at least one good thing by them.

Still. This wasn't his first stretch of being clean. He did always relapse. Still, things could change, right?

Binna was musing on this when Bella entered the room with Danny, Elliot, and Juli in tow.

"Danny, Elliot!" Binna stood up to greet them, getting up with amazing energy. "So--"

Wally was quick to interject. Binna had told him a lot about these three and probably wanted to make a good impression. His ASL was sloppier than his sisters, but he tried to follow suit and sign along with what he was saying. "I'm Wally. Binna's brother."

Binna was slightly annoyed she was cut off with all her excitement, but It was fleeting. "What he said."

Wally walked toward Danny, extending his hand. Wally was taller, but Danny was definitely in all around better shape. "Danny, right?" Wally gave the smallest of glances back to Binna, to confirm he got them right. He then turned to Elliot and signed his next words without speaking, possibly to impress him.

"And you must be Elliot."

Bella reached out and took Wally's other hand. There were tears in her eyes. "Binna told us so much about her family," she said. "She never thought you'd be alive."

"I'm here now," Wally replied. "It's great to meet you three. Thanks for looking out for my sister."

The Dapper Mog The Dapper Mog Zenterfold Zenterfold

Derek

"Just sleep on it."

As Lionheart and Derek spoke, a large, muscular man joined them. He was holding a firearm, one of the few in Faith allowed to do so inside the walls.

"I thought you had food poisoning or something, James," Derek said playfully. "You missed the herd attack just a bit ago."

James was one of Derek's closest allies. James was shared by both the medical team and the security team because of his skillset. Some people even looked up to him more than they did Derek, despite Derek's position as head of security. "This is Sam," Derek offered, introducing the man to James. "He's one of our new people."

Charles Babel Charles Babel R U S T R U S T
Elaine nodded. "I know... I just haven't found the time to finally break down completely..."

It was only a moment before she finally started to cry more. Her tears started to roll down her cheeks slowly. Before long, her shoulders were shaking as she sobbed into her hands.

"I lost... e-everyth-thing..." She was completely vulnerable at this point.

Danny - Nurse's Office

To say Danny was happy for Binna would be an understatement. Of course he was happy for her. She had done so much for himself and Elliot that the woman deserved something in her life to go right. He didn't quite remember everything she had told him about Wally, (frankly, Danny often confused her brothers up in his head) but he knew how much she loved her baby brother. Elliot too was overjoyed, as evidenced by the huge grin on his face. He was pulling Wally into a hug, looking like he was about to cry like Bella was. It was a striking, wonderful scene.

Still, Danny couldn't help but feel a pang of jealousy.

A moment similar to this had happened to him almost a year ago, when he ran into his best friend, Shannon. They had been separated at the start of the outbreak, only to run into each other under wild circumstances. Danny had never been so happy before to see her. In the end though, this new world didn't allow for one to be happy long. Shannon had been killed not long after in the most shitty way possible. All she had done was try to save one fucking kid.

Perhaps that was why Danny couldn't help but view Wally a little suspiciously. Danny was worried for Binna and worried for how this might impact her. Who had Wally become since the outbreak? What had he done? What will he do now? It took Danny ages to even start feeling okay after Shannon's death. He still wasn't okay, really. He wasn't sure if Binna deserved to go through all that. She had, after all, already accepted that Wally had died. To lose him again might be more than she could bear.

"It's really great to meet you, Wally," was all Danny could say.

Josh Josh The Dapper Mog The Dapper Mog

Ray - The Next Day

"The wind chimes aren't a bad idea," Ray admitted. "Though just our existence will always draw the dead. The less noise and activity we have in the city, the better. We're not too far from the massive hordes down in Indianapolis." He considered the doctor's offer to join the medical team, to which Ray found interesting. "Let's get you on a run first, then you can talk with our head doctor if she can fit you on the team. We were planning to head out tomorrow, though I need to have a meeting with Faith's other members."

It was then that the crow arrived, perching on the doctor's shoulder. Ray wasn't sure what to make of it. "I guess you're a man of many talents, huh? Just give it some time and we'll find a place for you here. We'll find a place for all of you, trust me. Just sit tight and relax for tonight."

When the conversation with Doctor V was over, Ray saw to assigning rooms for the newcomers. They had enough rooms in the school and YMCA to fit everyone, as long as the pairings of the group were fine with sharing. Still, space was starting to get tight, much to Ray's dismay.

The next day, Ray called a meeting in the morning with other members of Faith. Between the missing supplies and the new arrivals, there was a lot that needed to be discussed in a short amount of time. He gathered them all in an office in the school they often used for meetings such as this. In attendance were many who were in good standing within Faith. This included Brooke, Derek, Ben, Elyse, Dean, Binna, Julianna, and James Hawkins.

Dean was the last to arrive, sitting down next Binna and taking her hand. He snaked his fingers in between hers and smiled. It seemed to Ray he looked a bit tired.

"Hey, everyone," Brooke said, starting off the meeting. "We had a big day yesterday, so Ray and I felt we had to have a chat today about it. There are two pressing matters, though we were wondering if any of you had any particular concerns before we started?"

Ben and Elyse shared a look and the woman shrugged. "The crops are growing well," she said. "I had a few of the children helping me out just yesterday. They're loving the activity." She smiled at Julianna. "Calliope included."

"And our supplies are in a good state," Ben added. "Thought we might have some problems after winter, but we're going strong."

"Well, the supplies are one of the issues we wanted to bring up," Ray said. He let out a bit of a sigh and leaned back in his chair. "Despite the fact that we have seen no human activity in the city, some of our supply outposts have been stolen from. Nothing huge, really, but we're not sure what's happening?"

"How is that possible?" Derek asked, an edge to his voice. "Those outposts are hidden."

"Someone could be watching us," Brooke said. "Keeping out of sight, seeing our people go in and out of certain locations. We have tried our best, but we can't be sure there's really no one out there."

"Might I remind everyone we just let in a busload of new people?" Dean questioned, fixing Brooke a glare. "People we don't know at all? Any of them could have been this shadow thief."

"He does have a point," Derek admitted.

"According to their interviews, none of them were picked up within the city," Ray said. He knew Dean was going to make this point, if not someone else. Ray wanted to argue with it but there was an element of logic to what Dean was saying.

"That doesn't change anything," Dean countered. "We've been broadcasting our location for a month now. Anyone could have heard and planned this."

Ben shook his head sadly. "Young man, I know you have had your reservations with seeking out new people, but I believe the risks are nothing compared to the reward. We need to believe in other people if we're going to continue living."

Brooke was looking tense, one of her hands gripping her chair so hard that her knuckles had gone white. Ray reached out to brush her arm and try to soothe her. She gave him a brief, relieved glance. "Dean, I don't disagree with what you're saying," she said. "But you need to get over this. We wanted to expand our walls to the apartments across the street, but you've put it off for months now. That's the other problem we have. We're running out of space. You told us you'd start it at least a month ago."

Dean's face reddened slightly and he gripped Binna's hand slightly harder. "Fine. I can accelerate the work, but that doesn't change what I said. We can't blindly trust these people."

"Certainly Dr. Roberts can speak for her brother's character?" Elyse questioned. "I was so happy to hear you found your brother, dear."

Dean's hand uncurled from Binna's. "We had a discussion about that. Regardless of who he is, he wasn't the only one on that bus."

"We're not blindly trusting them," Ray said flatly. "We give them work to do and we watch them. We are not idiots, Dean."

Dean looked ready to retort, but he kept his silence. An awkward vibe filled the room.

Josh Josh The Dapper Mog The Dapper Mog R U S T R U S T

Jemma - The Next Day - Shooting Range

After grabbing breakfast the next day, Jemma got to work recruiting a bunch of the young adults for her little training session. There was Andrew, of course, as well as Cricket and her friend, Kenji. Jemma also extended an invitation to others on the bus, those being Amir and Elaine. Finally, though she was not friends with them, Jemma wanted to include Maia and Tucker. Both were nineteen but could not be more different from each other. Tucker had made it clear he wanted nothing to do with Jemma, while Maia had been pretty recluse since arriving to Faith. Still, both had their own reasons in being interested in the newcomers, so they had showed up despite Jemma thinking they might not.

The shooting range was in the Southwestern corner of Faith, just beyond the crops. A bunch of targets and dummies had been set up for people to shoot. They thankfully had a large supply of bows and arrows, though the people who most often requested time to shoot them had been Jemma and Elliot for the most part. Jemma got a couple of bows set up and was teaching the group two at a time the basic usage of them. They had to be careful, for a stray arrow could do some pretty heavy damage.

Tucker was more of a builder than a fighter, so he secretly was appreciative of the instruction. Maia was happy to be included as well. It took at least an hour before Jemma felt any of them were even ready to start shooting.

"So, you guys," she said, referring to the newcomers. "I was wondering how long you were out there. Did you have to fight the dead a lot?"

She was getting Andrew to try and hit one of the targets with his crossbow while Maia fidgeted with one of the bows. It was too dangerous to have everyone shoot at once.

"I'm just curious, you know?"

Ghost_Candy Ghost_Candy Selee-01 Selee-01 Fluffy Cookies Fluffy Cookies erzulie erzulie

Alastair - The Next Day - Church Cafeteria

Having heard about breakfast in the morning, Alastair was quick to drag Wally to the church's cafeteria. On the way, they passed by Doctor Vincent, the strange man who had entered Faith alongside them. He had been assigned to a room close to their own. "Wanna join us for breakfast?" Alastair asked. The guy looked intimidating, but Alastair was always one to extend a hand of friendship.

Regardless of his answer, Alastair took Wally to the cafeteria, where they saw Sam sitting. Feeling some level of camaraderie with the man, Alastair sat across from him. "Good morning!" he said. Oh, he was chipper this morning.

It was the priest, Father Craig, who was handing out food today. He smiled at the group as he passed out their trays. "We've been blessed with another wonderful day," Craig said. "And thankfully more cool than yesterday. I was sweating during my sermon!"

"Cool," Alastair said, unsure how else to respond to that. He'd grown up in a religious family, but it was quite strange to see a priest after all this time. "Have you guys always done that?"

"It's more of a recent development," Craig responded. "But our people have enjoyed it. You're welcome to join, of course. I hope you all have had a good impression of Faith so far?"

Josh Josh Charles Babel Charles Babel Doctor Voidsman Doctor Voidsman

Last edited:

Having heard about breakfast in the morning, Alastair was quick to drag Wally to the church's cafeteria. On the way, they passed by Doctor Vincent, the strange man who had entered Faith alongside them. He had been assigned to a room close to their own. "Wanna join us for breakfast?" Alastair asked. The guy looked intimidating, but Alastair was always one to extend a hand of friendship.

Regardless of his answer, Alastair took Wally to the cafeteria, where they saw Sam sitting. Feeling some level of camaraderie with the man, Alastair sat across from him. "Good morning!" he said. Oh, he was chipper this morning.

It was the priest, Father Craig, who was handing out food today. He smiled at the group as he passed out their trays. "We've been blessed with another wonderful day," Craig said. "And thankfully more cool than yesterday. I was sweating during my sermon!"

"Cool," Alastair said, unsure how else to respond to that. He'd grown up in a religious family, but it was quite strange to see a priest after all this time. "Have you guys always done that?"

"It's more of a recent development," Craig responded. "But our people have enjoyed it. You're welcome to join, of course. I hope you all have had a good impression of Faith so far?"
Doctor V nodded and had followed behind the man known as Alastair. Doctor V sat down with Alastair and had wait for his tray. his crow even sat upon his shoulder seeming to observe the action of father craig...to say Doctor V was heavy was quite the understatement he made the seat his sat in creak a few times. he pulled out a small bowl and poured in some seed for his bird all the while humming softly.

"Good morning.." he said in a soft tone "I must say it feels quite pleasant outside I even took my mask off to get a breathe of the cool air and I must say I enjoy the feeling of it"

James Hawnkins

The day before the Faith Member meeting

James walked around the place with a friendly smile around greeting the group of people around the bus except one man, the man wearing the crow mask, what was it called again? He saw people dress as them a couple Halloweens back……plauge doctors! That was what they were called. The man had an eerie vibe, he was going to say something to the man but Carmen beat him to it. He let out a sigh before seeing Derek, the head of the security team and a good friend of James.

He was with a newcomer, older than him but about big as he was, bud that James was younger. It looked like she was waving at him to come towards the two so he did as he was told and wales towards the duo.

He lifted his arm to wave back as he walked towards the two, revealing his firearm that he carried by his side. He was one of the few who were allowed to do so inside the walls. He had their trust and he himself was a trustworthy man, something he hoped the new guys would have too.

“Bahh! Like a stomach bug can take me down!”

He said happily, James was a laid back down to earth guy, he was big but he had an even bigger heart with everyone. Though some clearly are not used to people being so kind not that they’re in their current situation. But he tried to make the best of it, especially for the younger ones having to grow up in this terrible reality.

He smiled at the older man before putting his hand out prepared to give the man a good handshake.

“Names James, James Hawkins. Welcome to faith Sam, you look like you could be a big help security wise, I’m often tugged at by both security and medical, but I honestly don’t mind it, I do it to help others.”

Josh Josh
~~~
The next day, Faith member meeting.

James smiled and said good morning to the other members as he walked inside the school building, often used for town meetings such as this. Though he had only a few topics that really needed the spotlight, the thieves and the wall situation.

Though before the meeting happened he noticed a familiar feminine figure, Binna. He smiled and waved at her and took a seat next too her.

“Mornin’ how’ve you been Julianna? Hopefully this meeting gets something done.”

Though someone already had the idea and asked the question before him, he listened before he could say anything.

Someone else made a statement that Dean needed to expand the walls from the sudden tight spaces that was faith at the moment, he shook his head agreeing with Brooke.

Dean made a statement about the newcomers and that their outposts are getting supplies stolen from them. He decided to pitch in quickly gaining other’s attention, at first when he was new no trusted him, he was awkward to pitch in ideas though until this strange little girl approached him and started a conversation about his past, Callitope Stonebridge, and he eventually gained her and her mothers trust, Julianna stone bridge. And eventually after a while he earned their trust and become a role model to others.

Hey everyone I think we need to pitch in the idea that we can’t just look through the perspective of our own eyes but, see through the newbies perspectives too, they’re real people not one of the walkers out there, outside the walls. Imagine them having to live out there since the outbreak, having to see their friends, family, hell even kids fade away from them turning into corpse eating walkers! They had to live out there while we are safe within walls making runs every so often. Perspective people. A year ago I was like them we all were, I had no where to go, I was out there on that Night where civilization ended for us, I had hear the screams from both fires and on the streets, we all did- look I’m no saint, I’ve killed people, even my own nephew, he was 16 when he was turned, and I had to pull that trigger! We’ve all had to do things we regret to this day, and so have they, we can offer them to become better than what they were, like you guys did with me. Look- I’m trying to just say, we’re all human beings, we need to trust each other like what Ben said.”

He didn’t realize until after his surprising and out of no where speech that he was standing up. He quickly sat himself back down slightly embarrassed of the sudden speech that he felt needed to be said.

Zenterfold Zenterfold Josh Josh The Dapper Mog The Dapper Mog

Last edited:
Julianna - Meeting Room, School

Meetings like these were always uncomfortable. Julianna had never been particularly fond of stuffy board rooms and dour attitudes that were always present within them. Today was no exception. These meetings were mostly about bad news, after all, that was kind of the point. So, she sat at the table, surrounded by her peers and fellow citizens of Faith. Her eyes scanned each individually, noting that there was concern in the eyes of all of them. The raven haired woman found herself concerned for them. Not because of current events, but because she knew how easily fear and paranoia could tear people and civilizations apart.

Before the meeting began, James approached her, and she flashed him a warm smile when he greeted her. "Morning, James. Ugh, hopefully. I hate meetings, though. I've been hanging in there."

Before their conversation could continue, however, Brooke began, then Elyse added regarding the crops. Julianna returned the woman's smile, giving her a friendly nod. Thanks were due to her, most assuredly. Calliope's heart broke whenever she had to she told that she couldn't help with projects because of her age. Elyse gave her something to do that was helpful to the town, and have her a sense of purpose outside of her studies. Julianna was truly appreciative of her for that. Of course, then, the problems at hand. Ben mentioned the supply issue, and control of the floor began to ricochet around the room. Points were made, opinions made known, and the seeds of paranoia watered.

Julianna's gaze fell upon everyone as they spoke, but she couldn't help but focus briefly on Dean. Not just his words, but his body language. He was behaving strangely, even for him, and the he spoke of these newcomers as if they were already guilty of bringing problems. Perhaps her bias showed here, but her eyes narrowed in suspicion and irritation as he further protested. She was thankful that others were speaking in support of the newcomers as well, especially given Binna's brother is among those who just arrived. It was important that the people of Faith maintain calm and open minds.

The woman was going to speak up, but others beat her to it. It seemed Ray had about put an end to the conversation when James spoke up. She wanted to try and comfort him when he got deep into his speech, relying on his own hardships to empathize with the newcomers. Another fair point made in the argument, but she wished he hasn't gone so far in his speech. Talking of the guilty conscience in a room full of people with one was generally unwise.

"I think we're ignoring the most important and logical argument here. Faith NEEDS to continue growing, and it can only do that by bringing in new people. We can't trust blindly, but we can't just turn away people out of fear or treat them like outcasts because they MAY do something harmful. All people can do bad things and be pushed to it. That's why it's so important for us to work together and support one another." Julianna maintained her usual composed demeanor as she spoke, even and clean in her tone, eyes flowing from face to face.

"Now, aside from a couple of minor injuries, all of the newcomers have a clean bill of health, not so much as a cold. If we continue to expand like this, Faith will only continue to prosper. "Dean, I think I speak for everyone when I say that we appreciate your diligence in keeping everyone safe. But this is something we all need."

After moment of silence to let her words linger, she spared a concerned glance to her friend Binna, asking a silent question of whether or not she was okay.

Josh Josh , Zenterfold Zenterfold R U S T R U S T

Last edited:
"So, you guys," she said, referring to the newcomers. "I was wondering how long you were out there. Did you have to fight the dead a lot?"

She was getting Andrew to try and hit one of the targets with his crossbow while Maia fidgeted with one of the bows. It was too dangerous to have everyone shoot at once.

Andrew closed one eye as he looked downrange, lining up his shot to the best of his ability. After a breathless second, he pulled the trigger.

The bolt buried itself several inches below the bullseye, and Andrew huffed slightly. He needed to aim higher to account for gravity, he figured.

“I was out there since the beginning,” Andrew said. “Killed a few walkers, but I avoided mobs. I mostly just put down ones that were already damaged- no legs, no arms, broken limbs, all that. They’re easy to kill, but they’re still dangerous.”

Binna

Seeing James always made Binna smile. He was a 'Tony Robbins' type. Positive, earnest, easy on the eyes as well. What wasn't thereto like? "Morning James, I swear, whatever you're on, please give it to me," she joked.

As the group gathered, Binna's eyes seemed a mixture of happiness and exhaustion. Yesterday was the best day she had in years, though falling out with Dean had drained her. As he joined her side, lovingly wrapping his hand in hers, she was emotionless. But she sat by her man, as if she was some politician's wife. When Dean mentioned the two had talked about her brother and the new people, a low sigh drifted out her mouth. It was not a talk. It was a shouting match followed by Dean begging for forgiveness. More and more wondered why she stuck with him.

After James spoke, she flashed the man a supportive smile. "It's okay James, no reason to be embarrassed." Binna then looked to Julianna. Her left-hand woman, in a way. Juli was always on the ball. She had natural leadership skills. "Juli is right. We have to be united. " Binna scowled at Dean who grumbled to himself.

After that was said, Binna raised her hand. "I might have a solution about the whole trust situation?" Binna smirked, the light in her finally turning back on. "Wally, my brother, and his friend Alastair, mentioned an army camp they passed weeks ago. It's a few hours away and apparently it's fully stocked.

"An army camp?" Derek asked. "Well, I do know there were soldiers stationed here in Fort Wayne. A couple of the men at my previous base had come from here."

"It looked well-stocked," Binna said. "They couldn't go that far or deep inside as the empties were all over the place." Binna took a deep breath. "However, if we send a small, but skilled group, they can clear it out and grab as much as possible. Best case scenario? We can go back for more later."

"I suppose we would then be worrying less about supplies if it all worked out," Ben said.

Derek nodded his head. "This could be good for us. A camp like that could set us up for a couple extra weeks at the least. Plus, it would be a good way to assess if Wally and Alastair are trustworthy, and any other newcomers we bring along. Honestly, Ray, MREs and some better weapons would do wonders."

The Dapper Mog The Dapper Mog R U S T R U S T Zenterfold Zenterfold

Wally

Wally watched Alastair for a moment, who smiled awkwardly at the doctor's bird. Wally supposed Alastair was thinking the same thing he was that a bird might be bad to have around food.

"Yes sir," Wally said to Father Craig's question. Wally wasn't much of a religious guy, but he worked the twelve steps before the outbreak and it had helped. "This place is amazing. You guys have a movie theater! Like, do you know how much I love movies?" Wally laughed. "But yeah, this place is special. I mean, I found my sister here! What are the odds?"

Taking a bite of his breakfast. He took a moment to soak it in. He was just so grateful.

"So, Father, the guy in charge, Ray? Are we allowed to come up and talk to him? Or do we have to set up an appointment?"

Zenterfold Zenterfold Charles Babel Charles Babel Doctor Voidsman Doctor Voidsman

Carmen

"Good shot, Mr. North."

Watching the young people from the side, Sister Carmen was smirking. This morning was a rough one. Derek and Carmen had gotten into a heated argument around four in the morning. He'd finally put his foot down. By the end of the day, she either had to agree to "make it public" or he was done. It infuriated her. She wasn't sure what she was going to do. So, she need to be distracted.

"Jemma, I know your very busy, but you wouldn't mind teaching me sometime too, would you? I have to say, you're a great teacher!"

Selee-01 Selee-01 Ghost_Candy Ghost_Candy erzulie erzulie Fluffy Cookies Fluffy Cookies Zenterfold Zenterfold

Last edited:
Danny - Nurse's Office

To say Danny was happy for Binna would be an understatement. Of course he was happy for her. She had done so much for himself and Elliot that the woman deserved something in her life to go right. He didn't quite remember everything she had told him about Wally, (frankly, Danny often confused her brothers up in his head) but he knew how much she loved her baby brother. Elliot too was overjoyed, as evidenced by the huge grin on his face. He was pulling Wally into a hug, looking like he was about to cry like Bella was. It was a striking, wonderful scene.

Still, Danny couldn't help but feel a pang of jealousy.

A moment similar to this had happened to him almost a year ago, when he ran into his best friend, Shannon. They had been separated at the start of the outbreak, only to run into each other under wild circumstances. Danny had never been so happy before to see her. In the end though, this new world didn't allow for one to be happy long. Shannon had been killed not long after in the most shitty way possible. All she had done was try to save one fucking kid.

Perhaps that was why Danny couldn't help but view Wally a little suspiciously. Danny was worried for Binna and worried for how this might impact her. Who had Wally become since the outbreak? What had he done? What will he do now? It took Danny ages to even start feeling okay after Shannon's death. He still wasn't okay, really. He wasn't sure if Binna deserved to go through all that. She had, after all, already accepted that Wally had died. To lose him again might be more than she could bear.

"It's really great to meet you, Wally," was all Danny could say.

Josh Josh The Dapper Mog The Dapper Mog

Ray - The Next Day

"The wind chimes aren't a bad idea," Ray admitted. "Though just our existence will always draw the dead. The less noise and activity we have in the city, the better. We're not too far from the massive hordes down in Indianapolis." He considered the doctor's offer to join the medical team, to which Ray found interesting. "Let's get you on a run first, then you can talk with our head doctor if she can fit you on the team. We were planning to head out tomorrow, though I need to have a meeting with Faith's other members."

It was then that the crow arrived, perching on the doctor's shoulder. Ray wasn't sure what to make of it. "I guess you're a man of many talents, huh? Just give it some time and we'll find a place for you here. We'll find a place for all of you, trust me. Just sit tight and relax for tonight."

When the conversation with Doctor V was over, Ray saw to assigning rooms for the newcomers. They had enough rooms in the school and YMCA to fit everyone, as long as the pairings of the group were fine with sharing. Still, space was starting to get tight, much to Ray's dismay.

The next day, Ray called a meeting in the morning with other members of Faith. Between the missing supplies and the new arrivals, there was a lot that needed to be discussed in a short amount of time. He gathered them all in an office in the school they often used for meetings such as this. In attendance were many who were in good standing within Faith. This included Brooke, Derek, Ben, Elyse, Dean, Binna, Julianna, and James Hawkins.

Dean was the last to arrive, sitting down next Binna and taking her hand. He snaked his fingers in between hers and smiled. It seemed to Ray he looked a bit tired.

"Hey, everyone," Brooke said, starting off the meeting. "We had a big day yesterday, so Ray and I felt we had to have a chat today about it. There are two pressing matters, though we were wondering if any of you had any particular concerns before we started?"

Ben and Elyse shared a look and the woman shrugged. "The crops are growing well," she said. "I had a few of the children helping me out just yesterday. They're loving the activity." She smiled at Julianna. "Calliope included."

"And our supplies are in a good state," Ben added. "Thought we might have some problems after winter, but we're going strong."

"Well, the supplies are one of the issues we wanted to bring up," Ray said. He let out a bit of a sigh and leaned back in his chair. "Despite the fact that we have seen no human activity in the city, some of our supply outposts have been stolen from. Nothing huge, really, but we're not sure what's happening?"

"How is that possible?" Derek asked, an edge to his voice. "Those outposts are hidden."

"Someone could be watching us," Brooke said. "Keeping out of sight, seeing our people go in and out of certain locations. We have tried our best, but we can't be sure there's really no one out there."

"Might I remind everyone we just let in a busload of new people?" Dean questioned, fixing Brooke a glare. "People we don't know at all? Any of them could have been this shadow thief."

"He does have a point," Derek admitted.

"According to their interviews, none of them were picked up within the city," Ray said. He knew Dean was going to make this point, if not someone else. Ray wanted to argue with it but there was an element of logic to what Dean was saying.

"That doesn't change anything," Dean countered. "We've been broadcasting our location for a month now. Anyone could have heard and planned this."

Ben shook his head sadly. "Young man, I know you have had your reservations with seeking out new people, but I believe the risks are nothing compared to the reward. We need to believe in other people if we're going to continue living."

Brooke was looking tense, one of her hands gripping her chair so hard that her knuckles had gone white. Ray reached out to brush her arm and try to soothe her. She gave him a brief, relieved glance. "Dean, I don't disagree with what you're saying," she said. "But you need to get over this. We wanted to expand our walls to the apartments across the street, but you've put it off for months now. That's the other problem we have. We're running out of space. You told us you'd start it at least a month ago."

Dean's face reddened slightly and he gripped Binna's hand slightly harder. "Fine. I can accelerate the work, but that doesn't change what I said. We can't blindly trust these people."

"Certainly Dr. Roberts can speak for her brother's character?" Elyse questioned. "I was so happy to hear you found your brother, dear."

Dean's hand uncurled from Binna's. "We had a discussion about that. Regardless of who he is, he wasn't the only one on that bus."

"We're not blindly trusting them," Ray said flatly. "We give them work to do and we watch them. We are not idiots, Dean."

Dean looked ready to retort, but he kept his silence. An awkward vibe filled the room.

Jemma - The Next Day - Shooting Range

After grabbing breakfast the next day, Jemma got to work recruiting a bunch of the young adults for her little training session. There was Andrew, of course, as well as Cricket and her friend, Kenji. Jemma also extended an invitation to others on the bus, those being Amir and Elaine. Finally, though she was not friends with them, Jemma wanted to include Maia and Tucker. Both were nineteen but could not be more different from each other. Tucker had made it clear he wanted nothing to do with Jemma, while Maia had been pretty recluse since arriving to Faith. Still, both had their own reasons in being interested in the newcomers, so they had showed up despite Jemma thinking they might not.

The shooting range was in the Southwestern corner of Faith, just beyond the crops. A bunch of targets and dummies had been set up for people to shoot. They thankfully had a large supply of bows and arrows, though the people who most often requested time to shoot them had been Jemma and Elliot for the most part. Jemma got a couple of bows set up and was teaching the group two at a time the basic usage of them. They had to be careful, for a stray arrow could do some pretty heavy damage.

Tucker was more of a builder than a fighter, so he secretly was appreciative of the instruction. Maia was happy to be included as well. It took at least an hour before Jemma felt any of them were even ready to start shooting.

Ghost_Candy Ghost_Candy Selee-01 Selee-01 Fluffy Cookies Fluffy Cookies erzulie erzulie

Andrew closed one eye as he looked downrange, lining up his shot to the best of his ability. After a breathless second, he pulled the trigger.

The bolt buried itself several inches below the bullseye, and Andrew huffed slightly. He needed to aim higher to account for gravity, he figured.

“I was out there since the beginning,” Andrew said. “Killed a few walkers, but I avoided mobs. I mostly just put down ones that were already damaged- no legs, no arms, broken limbs, all that. They’re easy to kill, but they’re still dangerous.”
Elaine lined up with the target, aiming down the gun. She breathed in to concentrate before slowly squeezing the trigger. The shot ended up hitting about the same place as Andrew's, just a little higher. She smiled, remembering how it felt when she did this with her father.

"That was for you, dad," She whispered, looking to the sky. "I've been fighting since it started as well. My father taught me everything I know. But he's gone now and I'm left with nothing." She wiped a tear from her eye.

Ray - Meeting Room

The tension in the room dissipated as James spoke out, especially when he mentioned his nephew. Ray felt like someone had punched him in the gut. He hadn't known that about James. Judging by the look on Dean's face, he hadn't known that either. After James apoke Julianna, to which Ray saw Brooke nodding sagely along with what she said.

"Thank you, James," Brooke said, a grim look on her face. She had looked absolutely distraught at what James had said, which made Ray feel a pang of worry. The story must have really affected her. "And I agree wholeheartedly with both of you. We made the decision to seek out new people and we should stick with it. Now is the time to come together, not fall apart."

"I was just saying we need to be careful," Dean retorted. His earlier bluster had waned.

"And we will, Dean," Ray said. "Now, this army camp is probably worth looking into. We were going to send out some people to check on one of our other supply caches but I think this might be a better use of our resources. We'll need to bring along Binna's brother and Alastair."

"Did you... want to bring along the two guys with masks?" Brooke asked cautiously.

"I think they know how to handle themselves," Derek offered. "But yeah, I'll run an assessment on them while we're out there."

"I'm going too," Dean said bluntly. "Sorry, but if you're bringing four strangers out there, we'll need more of our people to make it safe."

"I can't argue with what," Derek said with a shrug.

"All right." Ray stood from his seat and nodded his head. "We're burning daylight then. Binna, you and Dean let your brother and his friend know the plan. Derek, you get some people together."

"You got it, boss." Derek put a hand on James' shoulder before leaving the room. The others slowly followed suit. Ray was last to leave, his head a mess of worry and doubt. Brooke had offered him a sad smile as she left the room, which made Ray's heart skip a beat. He and Brooke had built so much together. He desperately hoped today went well.

Jemma - Shooting Range

To say Jemma was displeased to see Sister Carmen was an understatement. She tried to hide her displeasure and flashed a smile at the nurse as Jemma spun around to face her. How long had she been watching them? The last thing Jemma needed right now was someone getting into her business.

"I'm sure Doctor Roberts would be a better teacher," Jemma said with a forced laugh. "Honestly, I mostly wanted to get to know the other people around my age. I'm sure we'd just bore you, Miss Carmen."

"Jemma at least does know how to shoot," Tucker said bluntly. "But some people in Faith are better shots."

Jemma fixed Tucker a withering look. She was about to retort when she caught wind of her dad moving quickly toward them. She felt her heart drop in her chest. He'd approved of this training session last night but he could have always changed his mind.

"Dad?" Jemma questioned. He didn't look upset or angry, just worried. He gave her a smile though, which made her think it couldn't be too bad.

"Jemma," Paul said, coming up to them. "They got me going on a supply run. It's a bit of an important one, so I just wanted to let you know, okay? I'll be back before you know it. I love you." He pulled her into a tight hug she found only mildly embarrassing. "Enjoy your shooting," he said, before dropping the hug and leaving. He gave Sister Carmen a nod on his way out.

Crossing her arms, Jemma fixed Carmen a look. "Do you know what's happening?" Jemma asked. "Everything all right, you think?"

Ghost_Candy Ghost_Candy Selee-01 Selee-01 Fluffy Cookies Fluffy Cookies erzulie erzulie Josh Josh

Craig - Church Cafeteria

Craig offered Wally his best smile. "While he's a busy guy, you don't need an appointment. Ray's always been willing to talk with any of us when we need it. Though I should let you know that his fiance, Brooke, is also in charge. They're both wonderful people, you'll see."

He was pretty sure it was Danny who said a few weeks ago that Craig could have just as easily been a politician. He'd laughed at the time, though Craig had to admit he'd learned how to tell people exactly what they wanted to hear pretty easily. He had never had a good time talking with others or even talking in general, so he had to learn how to use his words carefully. Plus, becoming an ordained priest sort of obligated one to be a measured public speaker.

Craig did genuinely love Ray and Brooke, even if they had never been completely on board with his efforts to embrace Faith's religious origins. They had never been unkind to him, so he did not mind talking them up to these newcomers.

It was then that Dean arrived at the cafeteria with Binna in tow. He wasted no time in making a beeline for their table. "You four," Dean said, addressing the four sitting newcomers. "Finish up your breakfast, because we're going to need you for a run."

"Oh." Craig clasped his hands together. "I guess if that's the case, you probably should get going."

"No time to waste," Dean said. He fixed his gaze on Wally and Alastair specifically. "The camp you mentioned to Binna? That's where we're headed. I have no idea if you two wanted to be runners for us, but we're gonna need you to get there. Got it?"

"Is that so?" Alastair questioned. "Well, all right, but..." Alastair paused for a moment. "Binna, can I talk with you privately for just a second?"

Dean's brow furrowed. "What? Can't say it in front of the rest of us?"

"It's a matter between friends," Alastair said politely, though Craig could see from the expression on his face that Dean's comment had annoyed him.

"I'm sure that's fine," Craig offered. Dean only stared at him before shrugging. Dean had always shown Craig respect, so Craig did not quite share the same negative opinion as some others about Dean's character. Craig would certainly never repeat what Danny had said about him, even in his head. Regardless, Craig could admit Dean was certainly a hard man. He was also probably not a match for Doctor Roberts, who lately seemed to just shut down in his presence. That was concerning, to say the least.

"Oh, and..." Craig smiled at Binna, trying not to give away anything. "May I ask who else is going? Your friends? Danny?"

To say Jemma was displeased to see Sister Carmen was an understatement. She tried to hide her displeasure and flashed a smile at the nurse as Jemma spun around to face her. How long had she been watching them? The last thing Jemma needed right now was someone getting into her business.

"I'm sure Doctor Roberts would be a better teacher," Jemma said with a forced laugh. "Honestly, I mostly wanted to get to know the other people around my age. I'm sure we'd just bore you, Miss Carmen."

"Jemma at least does know how to shoot," Tucker said bluntly. "But some people in Faith are better shots."

Jemma fixed Tucker a withering look. She was about to retort when she caught wind of her dad moving quickly toward them. She felt her heart drop in her chest. He'd approved of this training session last night but he could have always changed his mind.

"Dad?" Jemma questioned. He didn't look upset or angry, just worried. He gave her a smile though, which made her think it couldn't be too bad.

"Jemma," Paul said, coming up to them. "They got me going on a supply run. It's a bit of an important one, so I just wanted to let you know, okay? I'll be back before you know it. I love you." He pulled her into a tight hug she found only mildly embarrassing. "Enjoy your shooting," he said, before dropping the hug and leaving. He gave Sister Carmen a nod on his way out.

Crossing her arms, Jemma fixed Carmen a look. "Do you know what's happening?" Jemma asked. "Everything all right, you think?"
Andrew focused more on his next shot, but he kept one eye and ear focused on the conversation. He didn’t want to intrude quite yet, but Jemma was evidently not entirely settled. The mood read uncomfortably foreboding, although Andrew hoped he was just being paranoid.

He did offer Carmen a friendly wave though, and shot her a look- a subtle invitation to include him, if she wanted to.

James Hankins

As James sat down and was silent for the rest of the meeting agreeing with a hum or simply just a nod, the mentioning of the two masked people came to attention for him.

The older gentleman seemed like he was trustworthy enough, but I don’t know about the crow man, he seems suspicious, I’ll be wary of him until I actually meet him.”

He then nodded as it came to an agreement that they’ll be making a run that very day, and that they were also burning daylight as each minute passed.

I’ll make sure to grab the rest of my stuff, I’ll be saving my ammo for the pistol on my waist right here. And that if I even shoot this gun they’ll be walkers here in a few hours. We really should look into silencers-“

He said before standing up and nodding at Derek after he shortly touched his shoulder. He looked back at Julianna.

I’ll see you in a few hours, make sure to tell your daughter what I told you and for her to stay out of trouble-“

He said jokingly before heading out of the school and towards his bunk.

As he walked into the bunks, he walked to his bed as he looked under the bed he saw a familiar helmet. He’s been holding that helmet since outbreak day. To this day tboose screams from all directions haunted him to this day.

He had a serious face as he started off into nothing simply thinking of outbreak day. He thought about how many people he could’ve saved if he wasn’t such a coward and stood there in shock of the walking dead.

He could’ve saved others.

He won’t let that happen again he thought to himself. He’ll do his very best at all times no matter what it is.

He sighed as he broke off the intense staring into nothing as he grabbed the mask that he wore to help his breathing in fires, attaching it to the back of his back pack. He then leaned over again grabbing a sharp axe covers in a black spray paint, attaching it to his bag.

He then grabbed a jacket that belonged to his fire department.

He sighed as he walked out of the bunks and walked toward the cafeteria where all of the other runners were. He smiled at dean.

Hey Dean you got everyone ready? If you haven’t I can tell them what we’re about do do if you want-, oh and also sorry about earlier I didn’t mean to throw you out like that.”

He then looked at the crow man with a serious face, grunting, he still didn’t trust him.

You ever gonna take that thing off? It’s better for everyone to see your face but besides that, welcome to faith.”

He hoped to himself that everyone will come back after the run.

Josh Josh Charles Babel Charles Babel Doctor Voidsman Doctor Voidsman Zenterfold Zenterfold The Dapper Mog The Dapper Mog

Last edited:
James Hankins

As James sat down and was silent for the rest of the meeting agreeing with a hum or simply just a nod, the mentioning of the two masked people came to attention for him.

The older gentleman seemed like he was trustworthy enough, but I don’t know about the crow man, he seems suspicious, I’ll be wary of him until I actually meet him.”

He then nodded as it came to an agreement that they’ll be making a run that very day, and that they were also burning daylight as each minute passed.

I’ll make sure to grab the rest of my stuff, I’ll be saving my ammo for the pistol on my waist right here. And that if I even shoot this gun they’ll be walkers here in a few hours. We really should look into silencers-“

He said before standing up and nodding at Derek after he shortly touched his shoulder. He looked back at Julianna.

I’ll see you in a few hours, make sure to tell your daughter what I told you and for her to stay out of trouble-“

He said jokingly before heading out of the school and towards his bunk.

As he walked into the bunks, he walked to his bed as he looked under the bed he saw a familiar helmet. He’s been holding that helmet since outbreak day. To this day tboose screams from all directions haunted him to this day.

He had a serious face as he started off into nothing simply thinking of outbreak day. He thought about how many people he could’ve saved if he wasn’t such a coward and stood there in shock of the walking dead.

He could’ve saved others.

He won’t let that happen again he thought to himself. He’ll do his very best at all times no matter what it is.

He sighed as he broke off the intense staring into nothing as he grabbed the mask that he wore to help his breathing in fires, attaching it to the back of his back pack.

He then grabbed a jacket that belonged to his fire department.

He sighed as he walked out of the bunks and walked toward the cafeteria where all of the other runners were. He smiled at dean.

Hey Dean you got everyone ready? If you haven’t I can tell them what we’re about do do if you want-, oh and also sorry about earlier I didn’t mean to throw you out like that.”

He then looked at the crow man with a serious face, grunting, he still didn’t trust him.

You ever gonna take that thing off? It’s better for everyone to see your face but besides that, welcome to faith.”

He hoped to himself that everyone will come back after the run.

Josh Josh Charles Babel Charles Babel Zenterfold Zenterfold The Dapper Mog The Dapper Mog
"I will not be removing my mask....Besides I like my suit and look" He said in a soft tone. his crow fluttered on his shoulder and adjusted in it's place. Doctor V took the empty revolver from his waist and opened the chamber looking longingly into the empty chamber saddened he no longer had his bullets. "We will we leave? I wish to prove myself to everyone here and show I can be trusted" his voice had a genuine sound to it as he was being serious. he closed the chamber on his revolver and placed it back in the holster on his waist

Josh Josh Charles Babel Charles Babel Zenterfold Zenterfold The Dapper Mog The Dapper Mog

Carmen

Carmen's eyes met Jemma's, giving the a girl a knowing look that Carmen knew Jemma wasn't pleased with the Sister showing up. "Sister Carmen, not Miss," Carmen corrected politely. "Doctor Roberts? I mean, I am a little old for slingshots, but to be fair, one could say so is she." A Cheshire cat grin appeared on Carmen's face. "In all honesty, you're the first one I'd go to." Carmen's words were sincere. "You've come so far in so short of a time, it's inspiring. You should be proud of yourself."

As Tucker's micro insults spewed, Carmen seemed annoyed. "Tucker, maybe instead of giving Jemma a backhanded compliment, you can just compliment her. You shouldn't bite the hand the feeds you." Carmen's eyes narrowed. Tucker was such a try hard, Carmen thought. The boy needed a reality check. "Jealousy is not a good look."

When Jemma's father arrived, Carmen gave Jemma a confused look. "I have not the faintest idea, child."

After Paul left, Derek arrived soon after. "Sister Carmen," Derek said, a awkward look on his face. "Can you let everyone know that a few of members are going for a run? This one's important."

"Important?" Tucker asked. "Can I come?"

Derek frowned. Carmen knew that Derek liked Tucker, but he probably felt the kid wasn't ready. "Not today, man." He turned back to Carmen. "We're checking out an army camp. Might be gone all day. Well, hopefully it's just a day."

A wave of sadness hit Carmen. After their fight this morning, she had been feeling guilty. Looking at the group of teens, then back at Derek, Carmen reached into her pocket, pulling out the diamond ring Derek gave her. She slipped it on quietly.

Derek eyes practically popped from his skull. "S-Sister...?"

Carmen reached out and wrapped her arms around Derek. It took him a few moments to join the embrace. It was like a weight lifting off Carmen's back. She knew she'd regret if she'd didn't let go of her fears. She kissed him on the cheek. "I love you, Derek. Be safe."

Derek didn't seem to have any idea what had just happened. When he pulled away from Carmen, there were tears in his eyes. "I love you too. Look, I..." He wiped the tears from his eyes.

"Go!" Carmen interrupted, smiling. "We can talk more later."

Derek ran off and the group of teens just stared. Tucker's mouth was wide open. "What, you two are a couple? I thought sisters were married to God or some shit?"

Carmen just took a deep breath. She was letting go of her past. "Don't you have some shooting to do, Tucker?"

With that, she left. She stared at her ring as she walked, lost in thought.

Zenterfold Zenterfold Fluffy Cookies Fluffy Cookies Ghost_Candy Ghost_Candy Selee-01 Selee-01

Binna

As Binna walked with Dean, she was all in her head. As much as she was glad they were going to the army camp, she didn't want Wally to go. To send him back outside, to put him in danger? It worried her. She didn't want to lose him.

As she arrived at the cafeteria, she looked at the four and Father Craig. Binna really liked Craig. As much as she didn't believe like he did, she did go to him for counsel. He could be blunt, which was helpful. As for then other four, she still couldn't believe Wally was real as he flashed his goofy smile at her. And Alastair? Such a sweetheart! He was salt of the earth. The two just clicked, it was weird. As for the two with the masks, they were... concerning. The older one seemed familiar, but it was probably just the mask. The doctor, though? As much as it be nice to have another doctor, she wasn't even sure if he was a real doctor, along with the fact his who uniform was... disturbing. However, everybody dealt with trauma in their own way. Who was she to judge?

At Craig's question, Binna gave him a knowing look. "Yes, Father. This morning, he's in the theater with Elliot, I think. Bella wanted them to see if they could somehow find a way to play DVDs in the theater. Bella's been waiting to watch SVU on the big screen since we got here." The doctor rolled her eyes. To be fair to Bella, Binna was only slightly lying. Binna was the SVU super fan. "So, if you want to say 'good luck' to him, you better go now, father."

When Alastair asked to talk and Dean snapped at him, Binna put her hand on his shoulder. She was annoyed. "It's fine. He's fine." She kissed him on the check. As much as he drained her, she did care for him. He just made it hard for her.

She motioned for Alastair to follow her to the next unoccupied table. "What is it, Alastair?"

Alastair took a moment, tapping his fingers on the table. "Well, Binna, honestly... I'm worried about your brother. I'm fine with getting your people to that camp but I don't think it will be good for Wally. He's happy here. He's been through too much. He needs a different job around here that doesn't involve going back out into that world."

Binna took in his statement. A deep breath left her lungs. She knew Wally had it bad out there, but this confirmed it was possibly worse than she feared. A shiver shot down her spine.

"I can't argue with that. I do know Wally, and he's not gonna be happy about that." Binna looked down. "Look, you and I should talk to Ray. We'll explain. " A pause. "I'll go instead of him."

Alistair's eyebrows shot up. "Are you sure? Aren't you a little too..." He search for the right words. "Too important?"

A giggle left the women's lips. "No. Besides, if something goes haywire out there, two doctors are better than one."
Binna smiled and placed a hand on Alastair's arm. Alistair was was awkward about it at first, but soon put his hand on hers. The tenderness was nice. Binna spoke. "Thank you. For everything."

Dean was watching like a hawk, but the arrival of James distracted him. "Oh, uh, it's fine," Dean said. His voice was flat. He clearly had not expected an apology and was not sure how to respond. He moved to look back at Binna and she quickly removed her hand from Alastair's.

"We're gonna head out now," Dean said, responding to Doctor V but meaning it for the group. "Let's meet the others at the gate."

Alastair stood up, his eyes on Binna. He didn't want to say anything in front of Wally, but they were going to have to at some point between now and when they were leaving.

"Follow me," Dean said. He touched Binna softly in the back as he walked by her, leaving the cafeteria.

R U S T R U S T Charles Babel Charles Babel Doctor Voidsman Doctor Voidsman Zenterfold Zenterfold

Elaine couldn't intrude but she felt uncomfortable while she aimed at the target once more. She closed her eyes for only a moment, taking in a breath. But she couldn't breathe. Not well anyway.

"Oh no..." She said, dropping the bow and arrow. Elaine held her chest, dropping to her knees, gasping for air. "N-not now!"

It was almost like a panic attack, but she couldn't breathe like it was asthma. It was an illness that is somewhat caused by panic or over-nervousness.

Last edited:
Binna

As Binna walked with Dean, she was all in her head. As much as she was glad they were going to the army camp, she didn't want Wally to go. To send him back outside, to put him in danger? It worried her. She didn't want to lose him.

As she arrived at the cafeteria, she looked at the four and Father Craig. Binna really liked Craig. As much as she didn't believe like he did, she did go to him for counsel. He could be blunt, which was helpful. As for then other four, she still couldn't believe Wally was real as he flashed his goofy smile at her. And Alastair? Such a sweetheart! He was salt of the earth. The two just clicked, it was weird. As for the two with the masks, they were... concerning. The older one seemed familiar, but it was probably just the mask. The doctor, though? As much as it be nice to have another doctor, she wasn't even sure if he was a real doctor, along with the fact his who uniform was... disturbing. However, everybody dealt with trauma in their own way. Who was she to judge?

At Craig's question, Binna gave him a knowing look. "Yes, Father. This morning, he's in the theater with Elliot, I think. Bella wanted them to see if they could somehow find a way to play DVDs in the theater. Bella's been waiting to watch SVU on the big screen since we got here." The doctor rolled her eyes. To be fair to Bella, Binna was only slightly lying. Binna was the SVU super fan. "So, if you want to say 'good luck' to him, you better go now, father."

When Alastair asked to talk and Dean snapped at him, Binna put her hand on his shoulder. She was annoyed. "It's fine. He's fine." She kissed him on the check. As much as he drained her, she did care for him. He just made it hard for her.

She motioned for Alastair to follow her to the next unoccupied table. "What is it, Alastair?"

Alastair took a moment, tapping his fingers on the table. "Well, Binna, honestly... I'm worried about your brother. I'm fine with getting your people to that camp but I don't think it will be good for Wally. He's happy here. He's been through too much. He needs a different job around here that doesn't involve going back out into that world."

Binna took in his statement. A deep breath left her lungs. She knew Wally had it bad out there, but this confirmed it was possibly worse than she feared. A shiver shot down her spine.

"I can't argue with that. I do know Wally, and he's not gonna be happy about that." Binna looked down. "Look, you and I should talk to Ray. We'll explain. " A pause. "I'll go instead of him."

Alistair's eyebrows shot up. "Are you sure? Aren't you a little too..." He search for the right words. "Too important?"

A giggle left the women's lips. "No. Besides, if something goes haywire out there, two doctors are better than one."
Binna smiled and placed a hand on Alastair's arm. Alistair was was awkward about it at first, but soon put his hand on hers. The tenderness was nice. Binna spoke. "Thank you. For everything."

Dean was watching like a hawk, but the arrival of James distracted him. "Oh, uh, it's fine," Dean said. His voice was flat. He clearly had not expected an apology and was not sure how to respond. He moved to look back at Binna and she quickly removed her hand from Alastair's.

"We're gonna head out now," Dean said, responding to Doctor V but meaning it for the group. "Let's meet the others at the gate."

Alastair stood up, his eyes on Binna. He didn't want to say anything in front of Wally, but they were going to have to at some point between now and when they were leaving.

"Follow me," Dean said. He touched Binna softly in the back as he walked by her, leaving the cafeteria.

R U S T R U S T Charles Babel Charles Babel Zenterfold Zenterfold
Doctor V began to follow behind Dean all the while humming. he looked around the place curious of it's structures and how they were built seeing as how they managed to keep the dead men out. 'They must be using brick as an outside to reduce the amount of noises the dead men would emit' he thought to himself as he followed behind dean.

Gus

Sitting at his office desk, Doctor Gus Hatch stared at the wall. His eyes were gazing into the painted happy sun that was the centerpiece of the room's wall decor. His frown got deeper the longer he took in the smile upon the sun's face.

About five months ago, things were perfect. It was just him, Julianna, and Sister Carmen who were official members of the medical team at the time. Gus ran the team with a clear head and a powerful first. Faith needed his skills. Gus knew that. Everybody knew that. Sure, he had used his position to help his own cause, but he was ultimately helping people. As the guy saving lives, he deserved to get more food and get more personal items. He knew that Ray and Brooke were not fond of him at times, but they had needed him.

Then Binna and Bella appeared at their gates.

To be fair to them, Gus was happy at first. He'd read medical journals before the outbreak and had heard the name Binna Roberts before. She was an amazing surgeon, on the cutting edge of her profession. She'd be a great tool for him. However, things didn't go that way.

In less than a week, the woman undercut him. Ben had been having appendix issues. It was getting worse. Gus thought the best course was meds and if they had to take it out, they'd cross that bridge. Binna had other plans.

It was an all hands on deck surgery. James, Carmen, Julianna, Bella, and the two doctors working as a unit for hours. Gus had to admit that the tension between himself and Binna really brought the best out of them. They both had something to prove and iron sharpened iron.

However, Binna got all the glory. Binna was given his job unceremoniously. Ray was blunt, surprisingly so. It was Binna's idea and people already liked her more. Plus, she was more qualified. It enraged him to the point he put hands on Ray for a second. Both men were shocked. Gus had apologized and Ray said he had understood, but he never could be sure if Ray had really let it go.

He'd been cut out of what he had created. Julianna quickly sided with the girls, not surprising, but as much as they didn't like each other, he was hoping for loyalty.

Standing up from the desk, he marched outside. He was pissed he wasn't invited to the meeting. Finding Ray and Brooke at the gate, he glared at the leaders.

"Ray, it's bullshit Julianna was brought into the meeting and not me." Gus spat bitterly. He was being honest, surprisingly so. He was never this blunt with his intentions. "You've been playing favorites and it's got to stop. I do so much for this place. I take care of that loon Katja on the top floor. I'm the one who make sure she takes her pills. I built the medical unit. I built the team." He spoke powerfully. "Am I selfish? Yeah. But don't act like I haven't helped this place."

Zenterfold Zenterfold

Wally and Binna

Wally laughed at Sam's reaction. "Let's be honest man, you look like you could punch a hole right through them or they'd chip a tooth on your skin." He punched the air playfully, shadow boxing. "You're like a brick wall, man."

Wally then patted Dean on the back. "Don't worry. I know exactly where to go and what to do. When 'stair and I found the place, I covered myself in shambler guts and blood and I just, you know? Acted like them. They didn't even notice me! I didn't see much, but there was definitely some supplies and big black cases. Maybe weapons. We can probably lure most of them out. Shouldnt be too hard."

Binna looked to Alastair. The two didn't talk, but they were communicating with their eyes. They both seemed anxious the more Wally talked.

"One thing at a time, Wally. Let's get everyone together before we start making plans."
R U S T R U S T Doctor Voidsman Doctor Voidsman Charles Babel Charles Babel Zenterfold Zenterfold

Tucker

Tucker was annoyed at the girl's reaction at first. They'd all been through shit and she just needed to get over her shit. However, he did understand. He'd lost people too, but that didn't mean you let the past direct you and control you. That's what Dean had told him once.

He helped pick Elaine off the ground, His face was still annoyed, but an understanding smile peeked through.

"Hey. Just be a goldfish. Forget about it. Maybe you should take a walk or something." Tucker looked at Jemma. In his heart of hearts, and something he'd never admit, he was jealous of Jemma. She was such a good archer. It made Tucker feel useless. He always hung out with the older folks and helped them out. He felt more comfortable avoiding Jemma (and Maia) for the most part.

"What are doing now?" he asked, still slightly bitter at the girl.

Zenterfold Zenterfold Selee-01 Selee-01 Ghost_Candy Ghost_Candy Fluffy Cookies Fluffy Cookies

Last edited:
Elaine nodded. "I'll be fine... It's just a physical condition I have like asthma. It comes at the worst of times." She picks up the bow and aims once more.

"Before the outbreak, I used to love archery. I got better and better over time, but never hit a complete bull's-eye," She breathed out and released the arrow. Same distance from the middle as last time just a different spot on the target. "See?"

Brooke - In Front of the Gate

Brooke and Ray had met Derek at the gate, along with the myriad of others he had got together for the run. Brooke noticed that Derek suddenly seemed a bit off and red in the face, wondering what that meant. Had someone said something to him? The others that had joined him included Paul, Conrad, Jasper, and James. It was a pretty reliable group, all things considered. Sean had wanted to go but Ray had decided the group was getting too big to take more. Brooke had always wondered a bit about Sean. Probably the best hunter of the group, though reserved at times. He had never really shared with anyone much of his past, which felt odd considering he really wasn't very old at all. What could he have to hide, she thought.

Elliot and Danny were arriving next, with Father Craig in tow. The priest wasn't joining them, but sending the pair off. Brooke watched shrewdly as Craig placed a hand on Danny's arm and said something to him. Danny rolled his eyes with a grin and joined the group. Elliot just ignored this and waved to Brooke, who gave a small wave in return. "Been a few days since I've seen you," she signed. When Elliot and his group had arrived in Faith, Brooke had been immediately fascinated by the idea of adopting ASL into Faith. Everyone who left the walls had a basic understanding of some words in order to communicate without sound, though Brooke had made the effort to learn enough to communicate with Elliot.

"Did you miss me?" he signed back with a smile. "I heard what happened yesterday from Danny. I'm sorry."

"It's all right."
She stepped forward to place a hand on Elliot's shoulder, noticing a final group coming to join them. Dean led Binna and her brother's group to the gate, all of them looking ready for the task ahead. Well, not that she could tell what was going on with the wrestler and the doctor. That was always going to make her uncomfortable.

Dean seemed in good spirits for once, though he was pointedly ignoring Binna's brother. Instead, he was chatting with Doctor V, telling him about the wall's construction. Dean never wasted an opportunity to chat about those walls.

Brooke approached their group to talk to Binna specifically. "Are you coming as well?" Brooke asked. "I was thinking it might be good it might be good to have more than just James and..." She gave the plague doctor a sidelong glance. "... him for medical."

Derek had recovered from whatever had been bothering him and was handing out weapons and supplies. They did have guns, though not for everyone. Priority was given to Faith's usual members, though Ray handed Doctor V his ammunition back. Ray made sure to tell him they only used guns as a last resort.

They were about to finalize the mission's plans when Gus Hatch arrived looking visibly upset. Brooke immediately sighed when he made a beeline for Ray and laid into him about the meeting this morning. Brooke had always felt that Gus saw Ray as more of a leader than her. She assumed it had to do with her gender. "It's not about playing favorites," Ray retorted, looking a bit nervously around at the others. "Julianna just has more connections than you do around here. Some meetings are just about getting word out."

"You should be happy the medical team is as strong as it is now, considering that you built it," Brooke interjected. "We're about being a community, Gus. Our group efforts matter more than any of our personal contributions. Everyone understands that."

Dean crossed his arms but said nothing. He liked to brag, but he wasn't much of a friend to Doctor Hatch. He also respected Brooke and Ray enough not to shit on them in moments like this. So far, anyway.

"Cool, dude," Danny said flatly. "Do you want to come with us then? Might need your medical skills. Or do you want to just sit here like usual?"

Elliot gave Danny a frustrated look. Brooke wasn't sure she enjoyed that comment either. She agreed with the sentiment, but now wasn't really the time.

Josh Josh R U S T R U S T Doctor Voidsman Doctor Voidsman Charles Babel Charles Babel

Jemma - Shooting Range

At a loss for words for a moment, Jemma stared at Elaine. She was genuinely worried for the girl, but this made things a bit more complicated. Still, she was running out of time, so she had to just bite the bullet.

"W-Well..." Jemma walked a few feet away and gestured to the watchtower nearby. It was Faith's fourth tower and the one the least used. It didn't have people assigned to it most days, which made it ideal for Jemma. "I have a proposal for you all, one that I think will be good for us. You see this tower? There's actually a flaw in its design, in my opinion." She pointed to the stairwell, specifically at the point where it went over the southern wall. "It's built too close to the wall, so someone with a rope or something can just climb in from there. I haven't said anything about it because I've actually been using it to go in and out of Faith." She turned back to the others. "How do you think I got to be such a good shot? Not by shooting these targets, but by going out there and shooting the real targets. My dad doesn't let me go outside the walls, so that was my only choice."

Tucker let out a low whistle. "Shit, really? I did not expect that from you."

"That seems really dangerous," Maia said.

"Yeah, it is," Jemma responded. "But that's how it is now. I'm sure those of you have been stuck out there get it. If I want to train you properly, we have to go out there. Besides, we can also help out Faith by finding supplies or something. I think it's something we should all do."

"Man..." Tucker shrugged. "I do like the idea," he muttered.

Ghost_Candy Ghost_Candy Fluffy Cookies Fluffy Cookies Selee-01 Selee-01 Josh Josh

Last edited:
"I'm up for it if you guys are..." Elaine says quietly. She looked at Jemma and then to the others. "I used to be able to practically snipe a walker from many yards away and since then have lost that ability. It would be good practice again. What do you guys say?"

She gripped her bow tighter. "As dangerous as it is I really wouldn't mind."

ℂ𝕒𝕤𝕤𝕚𝕕𝕪 𝕄𝕔𝕕𝕦𝕗𝕗

Cassidy rifled through her bag, muttering and cursing under her breath. She placed her Smith and Wesson in her bag when she came inside the gate last night, but the only thing she could find was her boot knife.

"Verdammt toll," She muttered, zipping her backpack up. She slipped her knife into the strap on her boot, careful not to tear the black leather.

She slung her bag over her shoulder, picking up her Machete from the dirt and putting it in her belt loop. She'd come to this community last night because she was tired of sleeping on old magazines in the back of abandoned Pharmacies. She didn't know how long she'd stay here, a few days or weeks, but she didn't have a plan set in stone. She'd heard through the grapevine that a supply run was in the works, and since there wasn't anything better to do, she was determined to help out.

James Hawkins
As the group began to venture out of the cafeteria and back out side meeting up at the main gate he moved up the groups formation to help Dean get everyone’s conversation, shouting at them that didn’t sound rude simply try to get their attention.

He let Ray speak first, him explaining to use guns as a last resort. He decided to go into detail on why not to.

Okay everyone! As Ray said, guns are a last resort, as you’ve probably known using a gun will attract walkers towards where the gun went off, a lot of walkers too. Stick to anything you can use with your hands instead, this being a bat, spear etc. I use my ace locates on my back, and make sure to always make sure the walker is really dead people , we have two medical people in this group, me and Doctor V here. Let’s make sure everyone gets back home okay?”

He said before always pulling out his pistol from his waist and turning away from the group putting the gun in a safe direction. He then cleared the gun to make sure there were no shells in the chamber, he counted how much ammo was in the magazine. 10 bullets. If he had to use it, he’s have to do accuracy over quantity. He sighed before putting his gun back into his waist where it was secured and safe, having mg the trust of faith had its benefits, like not having to give up his weapons and have it on him inside the walls.

He forgot to remind the group of something too.

Also people! Make sure to point any of your actual guns in a safe direction when you don’t have to use it, let’s have some gun safety even after civilization fell? Heh.”

He laughed to himself, gun safety was still important even during the apocalypse.

Zenterfold Zenterfold Josh Josh MapletheLeafEater MapletheLeafEater Doctor Voidsman Doctor Voidsman Charles Babel Charles Babel Peacemaker .45 Peacemaker .45

ℂ𝕒𝕤𝕤𝕚𝕕𝕪 𝕄𝕔𝕕𝕦𝕗𝕗

Cass chuckled softly at the joke James made on gun safety. She rolled her eyes a little, but she understood why it had to be mentioned, given the group size. She adjusted the strap of her bag as she thought of all that had happened, all that she'd been through, and all that was to come. She remembered the airport, it seemed so long ago, a different lifetime. All the screaming, the chaos, the blood.

She shook her head. Now wasn't the time to be reminiscing on the worst day of her life. She had to stay in the moment, distract herself. Anything was better than remembering the start of the outbreak. She pushed her hair from her eyes and looked around.

"Now," She whispered to herself, "Where do I go now?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back