• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Vanguard Universe

Lore
Here

Aenese_

Welcome To The Vanguard Universe (EvU)! The EvU is a mainly anime-centered open world fantasy, limited by little more than you imagination.

Quick Summary

The EvU is centered around the Sun-Sized Planet, Aethr and has a series of different civilizations to become accustomed to (or create yourself). Yet, the dominating civilization are known as the Children of the Benevolent King, aka Vanguards. Vanguards are extraordinary souls delivered from death by the Benevolent King from different timelines, universes and even probabilities.

After they are reawakened, Vanguard receives supernatural abilities from the Benevolent King himself, that best matches Vanguard's personality and past history.

Main Lore

While the true origins of Aethr is unknown, some say it was crafted by a primordial deity, older than the concept of age, others say it was created by one of the Four Ethereal, the events that have occured on it have affected the course of history of not the planet but possibly the universe around it.
Many eons ago,four immortal beings roamed the planet alone. They were known as the Four Ethereal. They remained the planet, expressing their unique but exponential influence over the world. They agreed to split the planet, so they could have their own share of power, but one of the four became greedy. They stole the abilities embedded in the other's creation, and turned it against them. This started a bloodthirsty war that lasted for eons, known as the Everlong War.
Betrayals and Grudges were exchanged amongst the Four Ethereal, splitting their domains with seas to separate them and with languages that were difficult for outsiders to understand. However, a thousand years ago ,the Benevolent King rose and formed the Kingdom of Aeneas and the first band of Vanguards. With their services of goodwill and might, they started to establish a peace around the lands. Allowing them to form a treaty amongst the four Etheric Districts.
The Four Ethereal The Four Lords of the Planet Aethr, the Four Ethereal are seen as deities. They are usually the sole rulers of their distinct domains.

No Caption Provided

The First - Oldest of the four, the First Ethereal served as a lord over Order. It played judge for the other Ethereals and their creation, deeming what was acceptable and what was unworthy. It established the First District and set up its ideologies of order over its kingdoms. However, the First suddenly disappeared from the presence of the people when the war was nearing an end.
Descendants Of The First usually appear human, and have the average level of sentience of a human. However the Vanguards are favored among him.
*The Second - The Lady Of Nature. The Second was a guide for her creation, teaching them about the world. Other than her love for teaching, her ways are often mysterious.
*The Third- The Lord Of The Sky. The Third is expressive, sharing his philosophies amongst his descendants. The Third and Second were close. The Second teaching the Third the ways of Magic and the Third teaching the Second the ways of Sky
*The Fourth- The Lord Of The Earth, the Fourth lived in peaceful and was the last to create a civilization
The Four Major Districts(Feel Free to Add On)

The First District- Kingdom Of Aeneas

*The Second District -

*The Third District-

*The Fourth District-

Vanguards

Found over a thousand years ago, after King Aenese figured risking the lives of his own civilians, the Vanguards were formed. The Vanguards are 50 beings pulled from another universe, timeline or dimension after they die. They are stripped of their original power and are blessed with abilities that best fit their past experiences and personality, with the purpose of serving as extensions of the King's Benevolence, these abilities are known as Aspects. However a regular Vanguard doesn't have to be a hero nor do they have to Serve the First or the Benevolent King, but an Ethereal one does

Ethereal Vanguards are a select few of the Vanguards who ascend to become the personal aid of the King himself. The Ethereal Vanguards can be between a group of 3 up to 9 members. Ethereal Vanguards have their abilities augmented and receive a special power from the King himself, the Etheric Bond. The Etheric Bonds grants each Ethereal Vanguard a boost of exponential power whenever they're near another Ethereal Vanguard.

Power Systems: There two Main Power Systems on Aethr are Aspects and The Mado System

Aspects - Aspects are the primary source of power from Vanguards and typically picked around the Vanguard's personality. Aspects act as individual subdomains which Vanguard has some authority over, and can use that authority to have a result action.

Ex: Aspect Of Authority: The ability to exert authoritarian influence amongst yourself and the environment.
However, while Aspects are powerful, they do have some for of limitation to prevent too much overlap with other Aspects

Ex: Aspect Of Authority: The ability to exert authoritarian influence amongst yourself and the environment, but cannot influence sentient life.
Creating An Aspect: You get to create your own Aspect (yippee🥳) but here are things to consider:

Aspects Start With A: This isn't set into stone, but Absolutely Awe-some Authority Aenese likes the letter A, and tries to implement it into his Aspects.
Aspect Domains are Absolute: Unless encountered by a higher power, an Aspect cannot override another Aspect's domain
Aspects Reflect A Character's Past Experience: Typically, not 100% of the time, but yeah.
Mado System - Most Beings on Aethr do not receive Aspects, so to survive against the beast they use Mado. Mado is the art of using the Ethereal energy that flows throughout the world to gain supernatural results. Currently there are four types of Mado Arts, each welding their own benefits and consequences:

-Elemental Mado
-Combative Mado
-Supernatural Mado
-Divine Mado

Mado Rules:
Most Of the Mado Arts require a form of preparation before the result can take place. This can be in the form of hand signs, incantations or dancing. There aren't any absolute rules about how to prepare.
Vanguards can utilize Mado along with their Aspects, although the Mado may not agree with their Aspect. (I.E If they have a Fire Aspect and try to use Water Mado)
Aspects superior to a Mado of the same kind (I.E Water Aspect would be superior to Water Mado). But overall Mado is more versatile
Rules & OOC:

This meant for others to add ideas on, suggestions and constructive criticism (although I know I don't need to specify) are accepted openly.
Subjects with Asterisk "*" before them are ideas I'd like others to interact with, but I'd have no problem feeling in the details myself.
While Anime-centered, comic animations are also gucci (good).
No OP/Powerplay Stuff, I made the planet as large as it is to allow some of that anime power flavor, but seriously trying to destroy a star-sized planet has to be going a bit far.
Be Respectful (this is the only rule that really matters.)
I'll be adding on to it. And hopefully you guys will be too
Questions? Ask me or my 70+Alts you all know and love.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back