The Unofficial RPN Thanksgiving Thread!

Tronethiel

The Absurdist
Cue corny Thanksgiving banner:

Image-Of-Happy-Thanksgiving-Banner1.jpg

So after the release of the RPN 5.0 this morning and some of the disgruntlement surrounding the changes it got me thinking. (I do not disclude myself from being disgruntled). Whether it be this change or another, there will always be disagreements, often heated ones. Wherever people gather, so shall it be.

However
, despite these differences, there is also a strong sense of unity on RPN. There are many things and people to be thankful about, the efforts of @The Dark Wizard and @The Staff not withstanding. They have, after all, poured time and effort into this place to create such a thriving community. Not to mention they have promised to keep this place afloat even if people were to cease donating. In large part, their passion and work has made this place what it is for us commoners to enjoy.

My point is this: Since Thanksgiving is on the horizon, let's let the staff know how thankful we are for their efforts. Let's face it, we may disagree (usually over petty things), but there wouldn't be an RPN to complain about if they hadn't sweated their asses off to bring this place into its glorious existence.

Things that should be in this thread:

1) Endless accolades for the administration and the mods

2) Reminiscent monologues about all the things they've done for you

3) All the things you love about RPN and it's denizens.

4) Love them damn it! Love them or I'll hunt you down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very thankful for the amazing capacity to bounce back that all of our staff, big and small, has. Their job gets stressful at times but they always overcome.

I'm honestly incredibly thankful that this site even exists.

It's been the one thing that kept me from pulling my hair out after I had to have surgery and could no longer run for several weeks. So I basically owe @The Dark Wizard my soul for that.

Also @Mordecai was super helpful when I was really new. She was really patient and super nice to me despite my crazy anxiety that causes me to question EVERY FUCKING THING THAT HAPPENS. Lol.

I guess I should actually post something thankful since I started this enterprise. I am thankful to the members of RPN for making me feel welcome and part of a community those many months ago when I joined. Particularly @Anomaly and @Killigrew, That's what motivated me to return, in large part, after my hiatus. I appreciate that the staff is constantly seeking forward progress so as not to stagnate.

I'm really grateful that the site is founded on inclusiveness, and thus a content restriction is enforced. Though I think that people should be able to roleplay those sorts of things if they want to, it's nice to have a place where rps aren't going to suddenly devolve into a 'hot mess' of sorts.

I'm also thankful for this hilarious turkey badge.

Tronethiel7 said:
I'm also thankful for this hilarious turkey badge.
I'm thankful that you like it, and that Dwiz is willing to let me practice pixel art on site assets!

I'm thankful for my good friends @The Dark Wizard and @Captain Hesperus. They've always been there to support and love me, and but they mean the absolute world to me.

I'm thankful for all my amazing roleplay partners, @Poe, the other half of Poededai, and @welian for her funny jokes and open ear.

I'm thankful for every user on this site for making it what it is. (: You guys and gals rock.

[QUOTE="Cu Chulainn]Don't know what thanksgiving actually is, but happy it, to those celebrating it I guess.

[/QUOTE]
Well the history behind the holiday is kind of questionable, but the intent is still good. Thanksgiving is a time when we focus on remembering what we are thankful for. All the good things that have happened and the people who have supported during the bad times.

Heh. I'm VERY thankful for @Girouette, my first friend on RP Nation. Without you three, I would not have gotten started on this site!

I'm thankful for @Poe, who talked me out of a major funk when my dad's health tanked this year and I thought I was going to lose him that week (that conversation meant more to me than you'll ever know).

Most importantly, I'm thankful to @The Dark Wizard and RP Nation. When I joined, I had been on an RP hiatus for about a month, dissatisfied and disillusioned with the rampant elitism on my previous stomping ground. Huge images and tiny text were the fashion, and every roleplay I was interested in required a minimum post length of "shit, there goes my attention span". RPN was the only roleplay forum I could find that 1: wasn't attached to some sort of minigame site such as Neopets and 2: had a light background/site design that I could actually read for extended periods of time. I told all my friends about it, who told all their friends... there was a small migration over the next two weeks. And now I'm here.

Thanks to all the staff on RPN :) But most especially to @welian and @Mordecai, who have made me feel so special and included, even after I was unable to continue as a Fellow for health reasons.

Thanks to the former staff, who welcomed me into their fold and took care of me as a new member - who gave me my first experience in a ridiculously huge RP that really, frankly was too large for any of us, but was so darn fun we didn't want it to end :)

Thanks to @The Dark Wizard, who has worked so hard to make this site awesome :)

Thanks to my RP buddies... I can't name you all, because I'll miss someone and g'dangit, I don't want to! But Especially thanks to @Anomaly (Dusky!) who isn't just an RP friend, but a real friend to me. I'm so glad you're back :) You don't even know.

<3 Thanks guys -- and have an awesome Thanksgiving.

(<3) You put a tear in my eye.

Many thanks to whatever power there is for the work day coming to a close. @.@

I'm thankful for RpN and the grand site it has become, over the years this site has saved my life and the lives of many others. RpN has seen me go through a tumor, my mother's cancer and far worse and life and it was here to comfort me every single day and night. I'm thankful for that.

I'm thankful for all the amazing staff we have (@The Administration, @Super Moderators, @Moderators) and amazing members. I'm thankful for the new life I'm getting to live, I'm one of the few lucky ones who got to get away from a terrible home situation in life and survived to talk about it. Still struggling to hold on to the new life but worth it.

While all years have been excellent to RpN's growth, this year since May has been going on extra strong, the advancement we've made in features/code/growth has been extremely awesome and I'm thankful for that as well.

I'm thankful for every single member here on this awesome site for which with out we wouldn't have the awesome community that most of us call home/family.

I'm extremely thnakful for my boyfriend @Crocodile for sticking with me for so long. My closet friends @Captain Hesperus, @Ghan, @Mordecai who have been with me for years (except mordecai, just met her this year still love you ;D!)

God theres so many people I can list but its overwhelming. @CJ Mason @welian love you as well and many more :) !

I'm so grateful for so many things but none more so then getting to run and advance the greatest writing/roleplay community on the internet. I remember when there were just 10 of us entirely on the site several years back (when we were called The Wayward Inn).

Love you all, have an awesome and safe thanksgiving.

Oh gosh, where do I begin?

I'm extremely thankful for what this site has become since I joined a little over a year ago. I've seen three different styles, and my favorite thus far has been RpN5.0 seeing that there was a lot of hard work to go into it.

There has been so many times that I have had a shitty day at work, and coming on here just made that feeling go right away, because I get roleplay with some of the greatest people on the internet. I'm thankful for @The Dark Wizard, @Captain Hesperus, and @Mordecai for offering me a position on the staff back in July, I love you guys so much ^_^

@The Dark Wizard I enjoy our gaming time (when we actually get to do it), you have opened my eyes into more horrific gaming, and the time I screamed because a spider zed(Crawler) jumped at me, and you laughed your ass off, man that is a great memory. You mean a lot to me, I don't that to ever change.

Also, thanks to @Captain Hesperus and @Mordecai for sitting through all my horrid hosted project requests, you make the Harry Potter HP go round!

@Meredith my second in command, and @AllHailDago, @Noah, and @October thanks for being awesome storytellers in my Hosted Project, I promise I couldn't do any of this without you. I'd also like to thank the two other storytellers that helped with game as well @Edward Valentine, and @Vengeance Spirit before they stepped down.

I'm also thankful for the oppurtunies I have gotten from working on Rise of the Empowered with @AllHailDago, @Atom, and @DaughterofAthena.

@Poe, you knew this would coming eventually, you're literally my best friend on here, we talk just about anything that happens to us here and IRL. My favorite part of when we chat is when you let me rant about work, and just sit there and listen, and then give your two cents.

@welian thank you for doing amazing art for the site, and also thanks for letting me rant to about everything xD .

There is only two more thanks from me coming. I'd like to thank my IRL friend Brandie who got me into roleplaying in the first place, even though you will probably never read this, I needed to mention you because I would probably not be here if it wasn't for you. Thanks to one of closest friends on here @Fading Shadow you and I have been here together since the beginning, even though college is beating your ass right now, and you're on hiatus, you knew that you would get a thanks from me! (<3)

Alright I lied just on more! I'm thankful for all the users on the site because you guys and girls make the RpNation spin, and I think that makes a major difference!

CJ Mason

Have a blessed thanksgiving everyone. I'm grateful for both the RpN daily and my own<3 This site has both drastically enabled me to improve as a writer, and escape boredom! c;

Oh boy. I'm not the best with these things.

Admittedly, I just wasn't going to say anything at all, since I've never been big on Thanksgiving for a number of reasons... but it just took a little bit of self-reflection after seeing this thread this morning for me to realize just how important RpNation is to me. Before this site, I was one of the last members still stuck in a roleplay community that was essentially dead at that point, and I was having a really hard time figuring out where to go from there. Random Proboard forums never lasted long, or they had been running way too long for me to possibly find a way for me to fit into them. I had a couple of roleplay partners through e-mail, but once something happened to them, there was no telling where they went, and out of all of them there's only one person that I'm still able to keep in contact with semi-regularly.

Long story short, @Kanra23 @Swimswamswom @CellarDoor (both of you are so funny wtf why do you even talk to me lol) @LostInWonderland (thank you for dealing with my slow-as-molasses replies but mmm our one on one is gonna' be a good one) @SkyGinge (mmmm we lowkey go way back and even if you have a questionable taste in colors I mean) @Meredith (how else would I know literally anything about Canada omg you're too sweet) @Sandra (precious cinnamon roll 2 SWEET) @White Masquerade (sorry but it's totally Infi's fault that I keep crashing your ooc threads I SWEAR and I will take only the best care our child) I'm so happy for the opportunity to meet have met you all and so many others on this site, I just wish I could list you all and give you all a seriously firm handshake.

Finally, none of this would be possible without @The Dark Wizard and @Mordecai and @Captain Hesperus for helping him out along the way. Thank you all for your hard work. I'm seriously spoiled by this website and you guys deserve so much credit for that. I can't possibly say thank you enough. Roleplaying is so important to me and this place is exactly the kind of place I've always wanted to be. I can't imagine where I would be right now without this website. Then of course all the other staff (@The Administration @Super Moderators @Moderators) it's been a pleasure to get to know all of you. [insert inspirational speech worthy of the climax to a sports movie here]

Oh... and I'm also thankful that my anthropology exam is next week, not this week like I thought because gosh.

*steps off soap box*

Doing something illegal lead to something great, hue. Live on the wildside. @Pine

I'm actually not that great with words, I kinda suck at them. Though, I'm extremely thankful for the 3 years I've been on this site and thankful for all my friends I've made here. I'd list them all but this thread would be overloaded with tags xD

I know I might get on the Staff's bad side from time to time due to my bluntness and overall saltiness. I do appreciate @The Staff , @The Administration and all they do for the site. If it wasn't for this site I'd have quit Rping years ago, so I'm overall very thankful for that.

Ok. I guess I can write up one of these things and see how well it goes.

To start at the beginning, I have to thank @DeadgurlXD and @sonicfreak101 . They are the ones who introduced me to this wonderful place. They are some of the best friends I have ever had and I know they will continue to be awesome even as time moves on. They're the best group of people to roleplay with and we have even acquired a team name along the way - we are Team Skittles.

Secondly, I have to thank @CelticHero37 . He is the one who created the first rp I joined here and he has continued to be a great friend as I found more rps to spread out too and now he is even in some of my roleplays too. It's great. I'm glad and proud to say that he is my friend and he is a skittle too.

I've made more friends along the way, too. I have to thank @Lexielai @BLUR @Refaulted @Arkytior and @Lucem Tenebris for putting up with me as a player in Fairy Tail: A New Beginning. I imagine I have gotten a bit annoying at times, but they've been great throughout the whole thing, and there story is fantastic as well. I'm thankful for all the time they put into running a fantastic rp.

Let's see. I am thankful for @AllHailDago @Atom and @CJ Mason for adding me on as their fourth Story Teller in Rise of the Empowered. I'm glad that I was even considered in the first place.

I'm thankful for all the players in my rps, that they put up with me on an almost daily basis, even through my nearly constant nagging for them to post again because I'm so excited about the rps that I'm running. If I had half the patience that I know they must have in order to be able to put up with me, then I would be so much better off.

I would like to thank @The Dark Wizard for deciding to be a part of a One v. One rp with me even though I have no idea what I am doing in a one v. one situation. I know it will be fun beyond belief and amusing if nothing else, but I still have to be grateful to him for deciding to put up with me in an rp setting that could quite literally go anywhere. Oh... and I'm also thankful for his ability to be patient as the cs seems to be taking much longer for me to finish than I thought it would.

I would like to thank @The Staff and @The Administration for running this great place that has given me a very long list of people to thank. This list only goes to show how much of an impact this place has had on my life. I don't know what I would do without all the great people I have met here so far, and I haven't even been here all that long so I'm sure there are plenty more people for me to meet and befriend as life continues to move forward.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I know its almost over, but I hope it was great!

Where to even begin...

I started out roleplaying about 3 years ago, jumping from site to site not able to find my niche. That was until I stomped into this lovely place and fell in love with roleplaying all over again. I still remember sitting in my room typing "Good Roleplaying Site" on google and clicking every link and signing up for many sites hoping to find the right one. As you may have noticed, RPNation won and I couldn't be any more grateful! I've met many of the nicest, friendliest, and goofiest people on this site it makes me wonder where I'd be if it weren't for this place. Probably studying for that statics test I have on Monday xD Through this wonderful year there are many people I'd like to thank for creating a virtual home for me and making my journey here a great one. I'd probably would have left long ago, had I not found such a welcoming community.

I've talked to and roleplayed with many people, yet how can I forget the first RP that made me jump and squeal when someone post, Love, Live, Life. @oOMoodyStarsOo , @Ethereal . You too are the cutest and kindest beings ever. I adore you both so much! Thank you for enchanting this little Rp with your breathtaking posts. Our dear Ritz, @Inritz , Thank you for finding trust in us and finding friends in all of us. @Cami @lostviolence and @Ilikepie you three are in the mix also! Thank you guys for still sticking around and being there when we need you guys. Of course, what's a family without runaway teens. @Faction Before Blood , @themysteriousashe , @lonecoyote , and @Miss Alice , though rough times have dragged you guys away, there's still a special place for you guys in our family. And last but certainly not least, I'm thankful for the new growth this huge family is about to have. @Bubbly Brandi , @mxlly , and @TheTraveller Welcome to our Disney family! I can't wait to get to know you guys better and share many stories and memories with you guys.

Oh that was longer than expected...

I guess in a nutshell, thank you Rpnation for creating such an amazing place for people to come chat, have fun, and make great friendships. You have a great thing going on here and no matter how many website designs we go through and how many colors changes we have, this will always be a home away from home to me. Thank you for a wonderful year and a half. Have a very happy Thanksgiving Even though it's already like four A.M.

@Aldur Forgehammer

Thanks for putting up with my shit. I know I ain't the best member on this site, and I sometimes don't know how to keep my mouth shut, and I know you guys are usually an inch away from punting me to banland, but nonetheless, you have not, and I don't know why you haven't. Whatever your reasons are for it, I am very thankful for you guys not shanking me and pushing my body off a ledge. Sorry for being such a dick. <3 u, babes. Especial shoutout to Aldur for having to deal with my shenanigans all the damn time in Discord, and for not turning me into paste when he could for giving him headaches. And a major thanks to Dark Wizard, for, well, you know what I'm thanking you for. All this time, I've only been very thankful, even if I still dick around, for what has been done.

That's it from me. The rest of you can go eat your turkeys or something. You ain't getting rare moments of touchy-feely from simj.

I went to sleep like an old lady last night. Blame the food, so this is a tad late.

I legit don't remember how I met all you people. But I remember some/a lot I think xD

Uhhhh I guess I'll start with @Kinesthetics. Now, we didn't become friends right away, but in regards to large roleplays, I do believe I met you in some random SAO rp before finding you again in Fairy Tail xD

Speaking of FT, I remember how annoying it was to get excited to start my first FT fandom rp and then lose power for over a week to find that it had been started and taken over by 200+ pages of one-liners >.>

I am forever grateful to you, Lex, Blur, Ref, and whoever else was apart of our slow adventure for putting up with me and helping me stay apart of the journey!

Fast forward a time and now we have a HP! I'm so proud of what you and @Kanra23 ! I know I'm not the most active right now because of life but I'm glad to be apart of this roleplay that you two have worked to put together and make! I'll be sad to see it finished, but hey you know, there's always the sequel ( :P )

I have no idea how to start this other than by tagging you people. So, @DaughterofAthena @CelticHero37 and @Atom

It's a tad slow right now, but I am definitely proud of our Soul Eater rp! Once we get back into the groove of things, it'll be back better than ever and everyone with continue screaming about how awful us GMs are because we are inducing madness. Love you guys! (<3)

@Fuzzy Nom it hasn't been too long BUT GURL. OUR 1x1 IS THE BEST DAMN THING OUT THERE xD

We'll torture ALL the canon! (*U*) Love you already and am glad to have met you! Can't wait to keep writing with you! (<3)

@Black Masquerade OOOOOVVVVEEEEERRRRLLLLLLYYYY! My younger twin from another mother in a different land! I love you! So glad to have met you and become your twin! Love you! (<3)

@Celebi I've done a few random things with you before and for the time I was part of them, I had a blast!

@CloudyBlueDay You amuse me :3 Can't wait for GHOSTS to start back hope and I hope that I have enough time to fully take part!

@CrescentHowler GURL WHERE ARE YOU (:'() I miss you! Love you and hope to talk to you again soon! (<3)

I'm thankful for everyone I've met here and befriended and can't wait to befriend more of you random people! I'd like to thank Google-sama for leading me to this site and then thank @The Administration @Super Moderators and @Moderators for keeping this site amazing! Thanks guys! Have a great rest of the year and life! (<3)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back