• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The United States Pokemon Region- A Possible multi-Crossover...

Jordan Barlow.jpg
Jordan: *Stern* Good. You better keep that monster in that pokeball. If it comes out again and does anything to possibly endanger my sister... There might be a problem between you and me. I am not here to start no fight with you, Maya. Yeah... i know who you are as i heard the people here talkin'. And my sister Joanna told me that you were in her group of people traveling. But your pokemon... Is a monster. It came close to killing someone. That thing is dangerous. Dangerous and yet... you still try to pamper it. Cradle it like it's a barbie doll. *Sighs* Maya, I'm Jordan. Jordan Mortimer Barlow. Joanna's brother. Biological Brother. And when you get the time... You and I will have a talk. It's revolving Joanna, her friends... You and me. And the Journey.

Frank: *Nods* Jordan, It's nice to meet you. Maya, Let's go outside... We need to talk. Now.

Jordan looked at the crowd and saw some startled people... He could only sigh... He was worried for his sister. However, what exactly was it that he could have done?

Leo Ford|Male-13 Yrs|Home: France
"So, this is continuing into another round. And that Charizard just tried to kill somebody by the commotion going on down there. That girl ought to be banned from anything relating to Pokemon or that Pokemon put down...or given to someone who can force it to submit like a more experienced trainer," spoke Leo as he continued watching the scene. His Fennekin looked up at him as the teenager petted the fox curled up on his lap. "Even when it finally made a move, anyone with brains could see it wasn't doing it for its trainer. I'll give the kid some credit in that she had the foresight to recalled that beast though. Right...let's see about getting you and Riolu something to eat before the next round starts," he said and Fennekin jumped to the aisle before heading towards the stairs, Leo following after his partner. Both Pokemon and Trainer left the stadium's arena and went looking for some form of cafe or diner where they could get a quick bite to eat.

Phyllis Drake|Female-12 Yrs|Home: Hawaii
Phyllis got her food and then went to find somewhere to sit outside the stadium, finding a picnic bench. Setting her food down on it that she'd purchased, the girl released the rest of her team; Sandshrew and Elekid. Opening her bag, she pulled out some Pokemon food and poured it into couple bowls , Rowlet fluttering to the ground to eat with Sandshrew as Elekid got her own bowl. The three Pokemon began eating happily as Phyllis sat back down and began eating, hearing on the speakers outside the stadium that Round 2 of the battle would be starting shortly. She wasn't all sure if she wanted to go and watch the second round or not. While battling against wild Pokemon and catching them was one thing, battling against other trainers was another entirely.

Ehara Mitsukuni|Male-21 Years|Home: Japan
"Quilava," said Quilava as he stood by his trainer's feet when the jet-lagged siblings reached the bar.

"Two noodle bowls miss," requested Ehara before speaking to his sister. "You can let your partner Pokemon out and let him explore Zayasu," Ehara said. As Quilava stood up on his back legs, setting his front paws on the table, Ehara grabbed the Volcano Pokemon and forced it back onto all fours. "You'll all get your share," the trainer muttered to his partner, one hand going to the second poke ball at his waist that contained his Pikachu. "What is this event being hosted here exactly?" he questioned the girl who was serving out the food as he pulled out a twenty and a ten from his wallet, the male having switched his currency over from Japanese Yen to the United States Dollar when they'd landed.

Zayasu Mitsukuni|Female-13 Yrs|Home: Japan
Zayasu looked up at her brother as he ordered their food and then told her she could let out her Chikorita. "Chikorita, time to shine," said the girl as she removed her partner's pokeball. In a flash of white light, the Grass-Type appeared before her.

"Chika?"

"Quilava. Lava, Quilava," said Quilava as he attempted to show Chikorita that their trainers would be eating soon.

"Chika," said Chikorita with a nod. Rcticwolf Rcticwolf

"Excuse me, but a master chef cooks what she wants, just be patient and you will get your share" Jenny replied

Many other people nearby game angry looks to the Japanese that sat down and insulted the cook, clearly they had no idea who they were talking to

Eventually two bowls of stew were levitate to the Japanese siblings by Gardevoirs Psychic

While waiting for round 2 to begin...

Joanna went outside to get some fresh air and to spread her legs a little. She wasn't the only one. Macie, Jessie, Ridge and Cherry came out and went to go see what was going on outside. That was when they managed to see a buffet line of food. So they walked over and checked out what there was for food. It was also the perfect time for them to use a Full restore potion on their pokemon. To restore them up to full health. It was a perfect time for them to do that.

At the Buffet table...

After she finished Jenny smiled at the sight of her fans enjoying her food

She took her own bowl and shared some with her 4 pokemon

Joanna: *Looking at the selection* Hmm... Looks good. Smells like country. What's good here?

Macie: I don't know. But maybe the chef knows.

Ridge: Suppose she could suggest something. The food all looks good. But what should we choose?

Cherry: There's something with a lot of cheese. I wonder what that is though?

Jessie: The Cheese was always a weakness for me.

They were looking at the food and trying to choose something... But didn't know what to pick. Everything looked so well cooked and prepared.

Of course...

Jessie's Pokemon, Purrloin popped out from her pokeball and started to scavenge. It for some reason caught the scent of an electric pokemon nearby and felt like checking where one was at. It stopped when it came across a Picnic bench that wasn't far from the buffet table and saw 3 pokemon there. One was yellow.

"Purrloin... Purr..."

Jessie's Purrloin was looking for a friend... It was friends already with Jessie. But wanted to find one of its own. "Purrloin, Purr.... Purr... Purrloin" It went... It was talking...

Last edited:
Maya seemed to be bombarded with so many questions and things that she just walked off. Not to wherever Frank wanted to talk to her at, not to wherever Jordan wanted to talk to her at... Just somewhere she could be alone.

So she walked out of the stadium and headed out into the city a little. She ignored what seemed to be a cook out of some kind as she just began to wander around. She just wanted to be alone right now. Yet she wasn't alone as she was being followed, but she didn't know this.

As she walked she thought. Why did Dragon get that mad? He was fine, granted disobeying her, but still fine. Then all the sudden he got mad. Just like last night. What changed? Maya thought and thought as she tried to think... The first time he did it, Ridge tried to sing to it... then during the battle it was right after Sunflora used Grass Whistle.... Grass Whistle? Isn't that were a grass type....

Suddenly, a pokemon cry comes out and Maya realized she was being followed. She turned around and there, was a Riolu. This one seemed a little worse for wear, having gotten into who knew how many fights, probably even gotten into one recently. But there seemed to be a determination in it's eyes as he was looking right at Maya, wanting to battle.

"I... you don't want to battle me," Maya said realizing what Riolu wanted, "... I only have one Pokemon and... it's not in the best of moods..."

But the Riolu didn't seem to care as it again spoke it's own language, as if still asking for it's challenge.

"Didn't you hear me?" Maya asked, "You don't want to face Dragon... you'll get hurt. If you saw what happened at the Stadium..."

Yet, Riolu actually nodded, as if telling Maya he saw exactly what happened at the stadium. It was if there was a fire inside of him that made him want to take on that Pokemon. Maya could see that look. But, still, Maya wasn't even sure Riolu could do anything... let alone calling Dragon back out after what just happened.

"I don't know..." Maya said but Riolu wasn't having any of it as again it addressed the challenge in his own language. Finally, Maya sighed. This was probably a Really REALLY bad idea... but she looked around and no one else seemed to be around. So she pulled out Dragon's Pokeball.

"If you really want to try...." Maya said as she gave in and tossed out the Pokeball. In a burst of light, Dragon appeared once again. He seemed to have calmed down as he just stood there. Ignoring both Maya, and the Riolu. Riolu however seemed to smile. It wanted this challenge. So it charged forth striking out with what could of been quick attack!

Which didn't seem to bother Dragon at all. He didn't flinch or even glance down at the Riolu. But the Riolu still kept it up. Hitting Dragon with various attacks. Ofcourse, Maya didn't really do anything. Dragon wouldn't listen to a word she'd say anyways, so might as well let it do what he wanted in this battle. Yet she still had her pokeball at the ready just incase.

A few attacks went by and finally, seemed Dragon was getting bored as he looked down at Riolu grabbed him and slammed him to the ground with a seismic toss. Riolu was down, but didn't seem completely out despite Dragon turning away. Maya had to admire the spunk of Riolu as it once again charged at Dragon with a Force palm. But Dragon took the hit and stopped. Not as phased it seemed. But it suddenly turned around and slashed Riolu as he dropped again. Riolu was looking hurt, even tried to stand up. Dragon only looked down at it, seemed to think it was pathetic.

"That's enough..." Maya finally said, she couldn't bare to watch Dragon hurt it any more so she recalled Dragon before she went over to the Riolu.

"Are you ok?" Maya asked as Riolu barely managed to stand. It seemed a bit frustrated but more like it wanted to continue the battle. But Maya shook her head.

"You don't need to hurt yourself any more," Maya said, "The battle's over."

Riolu gave a slight sigh. It didn't want to lose to Dragon. Maya saw it was concerned for him yet also seemed to think of it's courage, how it wanted to battle Dragon, even if it was no use. Then Maya thought... I really could use another Pokemon.

"Say," Maya said, "If you want, you can come along with me. I can help train you and maybe you can take on Dragon again?"

Riolu looked at Maya and seemed to smile as it nodded. So Maya smiled as she pulled out an empty Pokeball and tossed it to Riolu. Riolu let it hit it as it was sucked inside the ball. A moment later, the ball clicked shut. Maya Just caught herself a new Pokemon!

Jordan: *Looking at Frank as both he and Frank were left hanging* Frank, You know about my sister. And you were partnered with Maya. But the way i am seeing it. I don't care if there are circumstances going on through this. I don't want her anywhere near my sister... as long as she has that monster. She wants to be openly near my sister... She either starts learning to better control it. or have it put down.

Frank: How do you suppose that she does that? What do you expect for me to do? She is a part of the team.

Jordan: Yeah, Well... Joanna's my sister. She left her family... emancipated from her family back in California. Part of the reason was because of me. I came to reconnect with her.

Frank: Why? Joanna didn't mention of you to me. She told me that she was an only child of the family she left behind.

Jordan: That's because she was pissed at me. Angry at me... Angry at my mom and dad. Because she was wanting to be the opposite gender as she felt like one inside. We wouldn't let her. And as it looks... she didn't go through with it. Not all the way. However... It wasn't ever about that. She left because i betrayed her. I made her feel so alone... It's not gonna be undone over night. But i came back to see her.

Frank: Why tell me this?

Jordan: Good question. Why am I? Maybe because after this tournament... I'm gonna be coming along with her team... and i guess that means you too. I lost my sister once. I am not doing it again. But i have to find Joanna. There's something i have to tell her and i can't let her find out on her own. It'll truly destroy her.

Frank: And about Maya?

Jordan: Maya... She's a nice girl. But as long as she's with that Monster Pokemon with her. She is to stay the hell away from my sister. Because i meant what i said. If anything happens to my sister because of her pokemon... She and i will be having words. Joanna means a lot to me. I will not deal with seeing her getting hurt.

But What the real truth was... There was still the matter of having words with Maya. Frank was not about to let it go. Neither was Jordan. Of course... Joanna didn't know about Jordan coming back to find her.

Maya continued to wander around town until she came across the Pokemon Center. She knew she needed to head back soon, and truth was, there was a place in the stadium to restore your pokemon but she may as well do it here. So she went ahead and headed in.

The Pokemon Center was pretty much deserted. There wasn't really any one in there, not even attending the Mart part of the Center. However, a single lady stood behind the counter of the main area. Maya walked up to her.

"Hello," The lady said, "Welcome to the Pokemon Center, Would you like me to heal your Pokemon?"

Maya nods as she hands her, two pokemon. the Nurse smiles as she turns around and places them in a machine. A jingle later, and she turns back around and gives Maya her Pokemon back.

"You're Pokemon are back to Fighting fit," The Nurse said, "Please come agian."

The Nurse Smiled and Maya gave a slight nod before she headed back out of the Center. Seemed she'd better head back now, so she began walking that way.

What Maya didn't know was that Frank and Jordan were not about to wait for Maya to come back. They went out to look for her. Walking over towards the next close town. They were in dead set cause to have words with her and were not gonna be deterred from getting word out. Jordan was with something personal... Or rather a hard pill to swallow. Frank was with words of disappointment and stern criticism. It was only half way over that they happened to catch sighting of Maya. It was there... that they stood. Ready to have words...

(Note: Maya didn't leave Burkner)

Maya saw them as she was on her way back to the stadium. She sighed to herself. She knew what they wanted to talk to her about but just like before, there wasn't any need for them to tell her something she already knew. Well, she had to admit she wasn't entirely sure what Jordan wanted... but seeing them both out there made her think it was also about Dragon. Regardless of the fact, she came up to them.

"If this is about Dragon, then just drop it," Maya said, "I already know what you're going to say and I don't want to hear it."

Jordan suddenly Grabbed Maya and looked her in the eyes...

Jordan: *A little angry and direct* Well i don't want to be the one that causes you to cry as you shouldn't be hurt that way... But you know what? Life doesn't always go our way. Does it?! You and Frank... and I are gonna talk. Here. and Now! About That beast. Whether you want to or not. And we are also gonna talk about my sister. Now... Start talking. This minute... Before i lose all shreds of decency and consideration. I want to know what your Damn beast's problem is... with you and Frank wants to know what the hell happened back at the stadium... Back during that match where Your monster almost nailed at the other trainers including Frank.

Frank Holden (183).jpg
Frank was stern. He was not pleased.

(This Purloin is a Friendly one)

Purrloin purred and suddenly grabbed Elekid's hand or paw and Licked it friendly. It was actually wanting to play. For some bright revelating reason... it was just looking for a friend and hoping that it'd find one.

Maya freed herself from Jordan's grasp angrily. "Don't you touch me," Maya said taking a step back, "And I don't know what set Dragon off... and by the way Frank... Dragon never even looked your way, let alone tried to attack you... it only went after Sunflora... then at it's trainer because she recalled it... Then Bellossom because well, it got in his way."

Maya had been doing allot of thinking as she remembered watching the events unfold. Sure she was scared at the time, but that didn't stop her from remembering what had happened.

"However, I have been trying to figure out what caused it and there's only one thing I can think of," Maya said, "Though it may sound a bit silly... but I don't think Dragon like's singing. I mean, first it tried to attack Ridge when he sang to it... then it went after Sunflora when it used Grass Whistle... which the move requires the Pokemon to sing. It's the only thing I can think of, because he seemed perfectly fine, despite disobedient, before hand."

Jordan looked at Maya with a perplexed expression...

Jordan: He doesn't like singing?! You have to be pulling a crank on this. Any pokemon would love the singing. It's soothing. But Why would it attack just out of sheer intent? You can't be serious on keeping that thing with you. With Joanna... There's a lot of leeway... Lots of it. But if it were with anyone else... they would try to get you turned in and disqualified from being in the league at all. You know that? They would turn you in or put an order for you to have it put down. I myself... am not one to do that. Neither is Frank. Joanna wouldn't either... She is... if you've noticed. Been like a close close friend for you. She showed a caring nature. Maya... You might be angry about hearing this... But You have a lot to do in order to bond with any pokemon. Namely that beast. Charizard's a tough cookie. But it's a loose cannon for those who can't bond with it or seem to control it.

Frank: Okay... So it didn't come at me. But now knowing that it doesn't like singing... What does it like then? What would get through to the Charizard?

But before anything more was said...

"Cubone... Cu... BONE"

"Panpour!"

A Couple of stray pokemon came out and were looking rather beat and appeared neglected. However they came towards Jordan and Frank as if they were with the impression that Jordan and Frank were gonna try to attack them... It was no surprise that they were under the act of defense...

Jordan: Maya... Run! Get to safety... NOW! *Calling out his Pokemon* Snorunt... Come OUT!

Frank: *Calling out his pokemon* Grovyle, I call out to you... Come on out!

OOC: Okay

"Elekid?" questioned Elekid as she was stopped when the Purrloin grabbed her hand and then licked her. She looked at Phyllis who was watching the interaction.

"You can play with the Purrloin as long as you remain in sight," she said. Sandshrew took no notice of the Dark-Type as it was eating.

"Elekid!" Elekid shouted. It didn't know other Pokemon liked to play so she would let the Purrloin decide.

Purrloin jumped back and made like she wanted to Pretend battle. She was feeling frisky and wanted to just frollick around and make some friends.

Maya wasn't exactly worried about the two wild Pokemon. She wasn't just going to run. But she did take a step back.

"You know what... if you guys are having so much trouble with me," Maya stated, "Then so be it. Once this tournament is over, me and Annabelle will just go our own way. Then none of you will have to worry about me or Dragon again."

Frank: *Scoffs* Geez! Maya... Stop acting so darn hurt. It isn't like that at all... We're just sick of Dragon having a hissy over everything and making you out to look totally pathetic. You're better than that, Maya. So for once... Get with the game. You're a friend to Joanna. And Us. But you need to pull better control towards that Charizard. It's that simple.

Within seconds...

Jordan: *commanding his pokemon* Snorunt, Use Frost Breath on Cubone!

Frank: *Commanding his Pokemon* Grovyle, Use Magical Leaf on Panpour!

Within that instant... Snorunt unleashed its frost breath on Cubone and weakened it. It apparently for some reason didn't take much for Cubone to drop and barely able to move... As went for Panpour... They were unable to go on. However they managed to snatch at a empty pokeball on Frank's side and Jordan's side... which the balls dropped and hit them. Trapping them within the balls. Once the balls stopped shaking... It was done. Cubone now belonged to Jordan and Panpour belonged to Frank. They now owned a new pokemon. Caught one just out of luck. But it was theirs...

Jordan: Phew! That was a close call. *Looking at Snorunt* Well... Pal. We got ourselves a new friend on the team.

Snorunt: Sno. *Winks*

"Hurt? HURT?" Maya said, "No I'm furious. How could you two even SUSGEST that I allow my Pokemon to be killed? I was taught that any pokemon can be befriended, no matter how scary that Pokemon can be. And yes, I'm scared of Dragon... Maybe more so since yesterday than I used to be... but that doesn't mean I should just give up on it... And you two call yourselves Pokemon trainers."

With that Maya just shakes her head and walks off. not bothering to even congratulate them on their catches.

"Hurt? HURT?" Maya said, "No I'm furious. How could you two even SUSGEST that I allow my Pokemon to be killed? I was taught that any pokemon can be befriended, no matter how scary that Pokemon can be. And yes, I'm scared of Dragon... Maybe more so since yesterday than I used to be... but that doesn't mean I should just give up on it... And you two call yourselves Pokemon trainers."

With that Maya just shakes her head and walks off. not bothering to even congratulate them on their catches.

Frank: *Walking over to Maya suddenly and standing in front of her* Maya, Just because you're from a high family... doesn't mean you can just act all conceited. You got a group of 13 people including me to think about. 13! You think that this is all just some game. That you can keep at it till you crack. Maya, You're a spunky young girl. Headstrong... Determined. and willing. That is what we all know about you. But trying to control a pokemon that clearly can't be controlled... You're playing a dangerous game that you're one day gonna lose. You think that we are saying this because we're trying to hurt you... You don't happen to know us that well then. We are telling you this because we care. We care about you. *Seeing Maya's expression change* What is it gonna take for you to get it through to you that you can't always expect to control a uncontrollable beast? No matter how much you want to try. It's not as we are saying to give up. But look at what the hell it'd done so far. It almost attacked Macie's boyfriend last night. Over singing. Then today it went after the pokemon of the opponents that we faced. then tried to go at them. It doesn't even listen to you. It ignores you. It disrespects you every single time. You need to understand that we want you to be able to befriend it. But come on... Isn't it obvious that it just won't ease up and accept you? You try... and we are proud of that... But the game is getting old. Maya... We care. About you. Your wellbeing. You need to understand that in this team... what ever one does... every decision made... affects us all. It revolves us all. Even you.

Jordan: Plus... Think about my sister Joanna. Doesn't her friendship to you... Mean anything to you? She is your friend after all... Isn't she?

Rowlet went back to his bowl of food that he was sharing with Sandshrew, the Grass Quill Pokemon resuming his meal. Elekid watched as Purrloin got into a playful pose and made like she wanted to battle, obliging by rotating her arms in a circular motion to charge up electricity, yellow sparks forming around her horns. Phyllis had gone back to her meal.

Purrloin went right at elekid and Lounged at it. It purred at it in a very playful manner. It was almost as if it were laughing while lounging.

Conceited? Maya wasn't being conceited. And this had nothing to do with where she was from. They just didn't get it.

"... You're talking out both sides of your mouth," Maya said, "You can't tell me not to give up then turn right around and pretty much tell me to give up because it's impossible. And those 13 people... no. It's not their problem any more. I get that they're probably as scared of Dragon than I am... could be more so for all I know. That's why I'm trying to make sure he doesn't do anything to them. But you're right. I wouldn't want my determination to do what my parents have asked me to do, to cause problems with the group. So it's simple. Once this tournament is over, I'm leaving. Me and Annabelle will just continue on our own."

She almost would rather just leave right then and there, but she had a commitment to up hold. Ofcourse, she also needed to check with the tournament Ref or organizer before her next match.

"Now, if you'll excuse me," Maya said, "I need to go talk to the Tournament people to find out about something."

With that, she again tried to walk past Frank.

After she fed her quests, Jenny packed up her equipment and headed back into the stadium to watch the next match, but this time leaving all her Pokemon out to enjoy a little freedom

Frank stood there and groaned in disgust. He looked at Jordan and sighed and saw that he was in process of just going to find his sister and telling her about Maya leaving and saying that it'd be best if they all just left right that moment... Forgetting about the Money and go their own way. Jordan clearly had reached his fill. He was not gonna just put up with dealing with Maya trying to act all butt-hurt because she's being scalded and having to go through people trying to get through to her. It was so annoying and he was done.

Jordan Barlow.jpg
Jordan: Frank, I don't know about what you plan on doing about this... But *Fed up* I'm gonna find my sister and pull her aside. Talk with her and let her know what's up. I don't want her anywhere near Maya. Anymore. Joanna deserves better.

Frank: I agree. I am her landlord at the apartments in Metropolis... So... her wellbeing is very vital to me. Let's go.

It was then that they made their way back. They had to tell Joanna and the others. Fast. This was getting beyond stressing and it was getting worse. or was it?

Maya soon made it back as she talked to the officials.

"So," Maya asked them, "Do the rules say we have to use the same Pokemon through the entire tournament?"

"No," The official replied, "You can use a different Pokemon in any of rounds. As long as you don't switch during the battle."

Maya nodded. That's what she was hoping for.

"Ok, thank you," Maya said as she headed back to the waiting room. While she wanted to use Dragon still, she decided that it'd be best to wait until later. Sure he scared her but she was still going to try. Besides, there could very well be a reason for why Dragon gets so anger when hearing singing. If Maya could only find out why, maybe she could reach out to him. But for now, she'd use her newest Pokemon in the tournament. She pulled out his pokeball and looked at it.

"I think I'm going to call you Luke," Maya said actually smiling a little... felt like forever since she had.

___

The time for the break was over and the trainer's were returning to the waiting room. Well, the duo representing the Mean Machine School of Pokemon was anyways. The announcer and Ref made their way back to the arena area as the tournament ladder was shown on the board. It was as follows:

Match 1: MMSP Students Vs Jessie/Cherry

Match 2: Katie/Erica Vs Zod/Blueberry

Match 3: Ridge/Macie T. Vs Joanna/Macie

Match 4: Don/Annabelle Vs Maya/Frank

Frank and Jordan finally made it back to the stadium and as it turned out... there wasn't any time to have a word with Joanna. There was only time to get to the waiting room and prepare for their next matches. Jordan couldn't go inside the waiting room. He wasn't in the tournament anymore... So he did the only thing that he could... He went to the stands and got to the high point where it overlooked the entire arena. So he could watch the matches and watch his sister's match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back