• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern the UNestbalishment - Interest Check

Teal_Turtleton

The Salt Inquisitor
60sekuntia.regular.png

The unESTABLISHMENT is a roleplay in which you will be plucked from your modern niceties, or really any niceties, into a world that is constantly transforming into whatever the game maker so desires, it will be your job to either: Capitalize on the misfortunate of it all and rule the rink. Try to “rage against the establishment” and burst a hole in seams of the dream world. Hide and avoid social interaction, forge an outpost against it all and survive on your friends, alliances, and wit. Or, as many unfortunately will succumb to. Keel over and die. The choice is yours, do what you want with it.

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to be the goldfish, the metaphorical fish that symbolizes being trapped in a tank? A tank that’s audience is that slobbery little kid with mountain dew dripping down his bloated lips. Well, rather you’ve actually got the intelligence to comprehend such a question, rather or not you’ve “tossed around” that moral prompt, this is your chance. Like it or not, you will be dropped inbetween those smudged glass walls, and those uncomfortable harsh blue aquarium pebbles will be your new cozy. Because I am unamused with the boring gratification most of you have come to call entertainment. 

Gladiatorial combat was always much more fun anyways. Because my dear Pokemon Go playing little insidious rat, you’ve been blessed. Blessed by what you’re delusional side of the pond would call “The Higher Power.” You’ve got magic now, if not magic then strength or other ability, whatever my little RNG Chef cooked up for you. Either way, enjoy it, hate it, try to figure out ways to bring my dreamworld crumbling down. And other what not. Do what you like. 

I will be that slobbering little kid, who will constantly tap against your glass until I start rasping from asthma, or gluttony, or whatever ailment is thwarting your pathetic children.
60sekuntia.regular.png

60sekuntia.regular.png

the Unestablishment is a gladiatorial hunger-games esque situation, that may or may not be representative of Colosseum-combat. However, the reason I've decided to place it in the Modern section is because of setting. In other words this will take place in 2016, and the references and standard of which buildings and other items IC will be is 2016, unless your ability enables you to have futuristic items. This roleplay is a mix and mash of genres and abilities. Any type of character be it -- magic, tech, strength,  -- whatever you so deem has a place here as long as whatever makes them special or enables them to have the tech is caused because of them being in the arena, for the sake of it fitting and maintaining canon. If needed you can change your OC details to be in accordance with this temporarily for the purposes of this RP.

The best way I can think to crack this sucker open and get people interacting and forging their paths is to have a GM team that suggests items to do. For instance: 

Mary was set in her ways, she didn't want to fight. And Gary in secret agreed, though the other’s may maintain their bravado. Perhaps they can travel elsewhere, together, or apart, and start something. A community even. 

Stu didn't take Mary’s lip, who was she to question his methods. He was the one who took her in, in the first place. Now she's going about his followers trying to convince them defect and follow some hippie Buddhist monk tofu eating friendship bracelet bullshit? Perhaps this was high time to react to her incessant ravings. Slay her and the followers, cast them out, or simply engage in a melee. Whatever the path may be, he was unsure how he could tolerate her much longer. 

So, in essence do a quick spicy recap of what the GM interpreted that char’s feeling as, and proposing a few steps. If anyone else has any other ideas as to how to make this roleplay really hip and hop and down with the kids I’d love to hear some suggestions. Also, yeah. If you're interested. Or if you think it's a shit idea and you'd rather be confined to eating at Subway for the rest of your life than show interest in this, go ahead and tell me. Any feedback is really welcomed. 

So yeah. Hopefully there's lots of super cool options. If anyone is interested in helping me GM this shoot me a PM, and I’ll return the favor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really glad this is picking up. Tell the friend, tell the husband, tell the kids, tell the dog. But don't forget to drop some feedback. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back