The UnEarthing

Just an FYI, this week ended up having some serious problems for me. There was a sudden death in the family being the worse of it but my internet connection ended up being an added bonus. I am back online and hope to get back into the grove of things this weekend. I won't be going out of town to the funeral so my delays hopefully will be few in the near future. Thanks for everyone's patience.

Thanks all, there is not much else I can do for now.

So, I am going to continuing the Preludes.

Looking at how they are going I think I will stop the preludes after the Exaltation scenes for each character. Based on what I am seeing in your responses of the Preludes, I think we each are getting a good enough feel for the PCs and the ST. The dice rolling has been brought to a minimum for the Prelude, I only wanted to make sure each player got a chance to find where we are going to roll in the RP. Each of you have given some great comments/ descriptions/ choices in each scenes. So, I think three scenes each is all we will need. I will give each player bonus XP for your prelude after the completion of the first in-game episode. Just know that your participation in the Preludes will not be in vain.( :) )

RE: In-game posts. The first post made may seem kind of short, and not detailing anything about each character. But, actually it is coming off the very first scene each player went through with their Prelude. While I have not said any character's name per se each of your characters is starting off in one of the mentioned scenes described. Remember to reference your first prelude scene as we begin the game.

Yes it is completely okay for the players to react (comment) on the first official post. I wanted the audience to read and come into the game like the "in-media res," method. Each player prelude should already have detailed what is going on with your character as the curtain drops. If you don't know what area references your character let me know OOC. If you have not done your prelude, then you don't have a clue where I am starting you, but it will become clear once you finish with your Prelude.

Okay after re-reading what I posted I realized it needed a bit more information so please re-read the passage, before replying.

Heh, I guess I'll re-read and edit (if necessary) then?

Also, was my post right? Should it be longer, shorter, more or less detail? Easier to get into the habit early if you have any specific preferences.

Edit: Somehow, my post hadn't posted, but then it posted when I tried to copy-paste and save it. Sheesh, make up your mind, internetz!

Edit2: Okay, need to rewrite it... Guess Basta & I will be seeking the steward? Or whoever the Green Knight left in charge. I'll have to do that tomorrow though, should be sleeping already.

Last edited by a moderator:
First off, my condolences for your loss. I recently lost a dear friend myself, a lady that was more mother to me than my own biological one was, so I understand what you may be going through right now.

Next, I posted a small bit in the IC thread for Renna heading to a nearby tavern. Some storytellers don't like having their players post too much details of the setting, while others let the players 'adjust' the background stuff with their posts. I kept my post short until I learn your style there, @Phyre. Hopefully it works for you.

For the most part, players adding to the scene similar to stunts is fine with me. If I see something that is conflicting or just unlikely to happen I will inform the player via, privately and allow them to edit with new found information. I seen nothing wrong with your post Sherwood. I did not get to see Lord Sis for whatever reason. I'm headed to bed, but wanted to do a quick response.

I'm having trouble writing in present tense; I'll go back over the post and make it past tense if that's okay?

Here is a song/video for the ladies. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do. (I even have the song on my iPod now.)

[media]

[/media]

Because I can't help myself (and because my family has successfully indoctrinated me into feminism):

I can't help but note that while all the women in the video are young, thin and lightly and/or tightly dressed (if not out-and-out naked), the guys range from young to middle-aged to old, from thin nerds to fat neck-beards, and none of them show anything more than bare forearm (that man-ho!).

The Law of the Internet - "Tits or GTFO" - has clearly been amended to extend full personhood to anyone within barely-PG mainstream beauty conventions.

The sad part? This is still progress.

Give it another twenty to sixty years, maybe we will finally see a chubby woman win the sexy guy's heart without it being a comedy or requiring magic shenanigans to keep him from realising what she actually looks like before he gets to know her.

Feel free to ignore me as a cynic pessimist.

On a more light-hearted note, I seem to recall something about bonus experience at the end of the prelude...?

Bonus Xp (was a refernce for adding the Prelude to XP, at the completion of the first episode. That has not occurred yet.

@Lord Sia

Your last in-character post floored me as you displayed that you have read the settings/ location posts and included them in your post. It helps to bring the location alive and shows it is much expansive than a town or two. I loved it. (I don't think your character has encountered a Wyld Hunt at this time, later you will see why if one ever does come after Little Acorn(} :) ).

@Phyre

First: Good, good...

Second: Thanks! I enjoy fleshing out the setting, especially when you've so kindly provided an excellent setting to flesh out.

Third: Your prerogative as to whether Little Acorn has seen one or not, but Wyld Hunts go after faeries, ghosts and demons as well - Anathema are just their version of big game, as opposed to regular goblins, hungry ghosts and stray demons. Well, that's how I understood it at least.

Fourth: Oh. Shit. I literally asked for it, didn't I?

Please do not post for Veil or Little Acorn as I prepare for the next scenes of the next day. Just waiting on a final reply from the in-game post I am posting now for Renna and we will move on.

@Phyre, how do you want stunts handled in your game? Do you award any extra dice yourself, or can a player say "I think that this rates a two dice bonus" and add them to their rolls? Just curious.

That last post will complete the day.

A few questions?

I know what Little Acorn plans to do going up north. How do you intend to travel. Will you be looking at land or sea? Know that there is quite a distance between where you are and where you are headed. The central area is also the most restrictive and charges for road usage, which will not be a problem financially for you.

What is Renna's plan? Will she continue north with Caravan, or no? Or has she come with an idea of where she would like to go.

At this time I have no questions for Veil. I will after her next scene.

I believe that Renna now has an interest in checking out this Winter Court and seeing if she can arrange to perform for some higher ups. It will depend on how bad the roads are and what means are available to travel there.

Your last post is fine as described. All scenes have ended at this point and the new scenes will be posted later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back