The UnEarthing

Phyre

Fate of Creation
This area is only for members to post things that deal with O.o .C. situations.

Examples include:

• questions for clarification on any matter that deals with the game.
  • letting members know you will be away for sometime and unable to comment or reply for an extend amount of time.
  • RP disputes, like a rule that you are not happy with and would like to discuss

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be dropping out, just can't seem to work up the effort to work on my character concept. Best of luck to everyone and enjoy!

Sorry that you are having trouble. I'm just glad to have made the cut, and I'm looking forward to getting started.

Pity, but them's the breaks.

Love the local setting; the part about hiring in mercenaries from Nexus sounds like a good tie-in for my character and his not-so-merry men.

@Crocodile sorry to hear that maybe in the future.

@Sherwood thanks for the compliment.

@Lord Sia I had already plan these facts but yes I did realize it could tie in really good with what you have presented with your character. I do think everyone's characters will easily be mingled into the location, and I hope to help create enough interesting plots/ sub-plots to pursue from the start.

Just a heads up for the players. Do not be surprised in the future when I add games that are separate yet apart of the UnEarthing Chronicles. Each will focus on one Exalt type and one of which will have tremendous interaction with your own game. The next on schedule is an Abyssals game. It is maybe a month away before I really get it out for an interest check. If I get players interested in playing them. They are the most linked with the group from the past. Besides the Abyssals game (limit will be 5 players which I prefer to be different from the players in this game)I also will be introducing a Lunars (limit 3 players), Sidereal (limit 5 players) and (Dynast) Dragon-Blooded game (limit ten players). So now you know that I have some big plans in the works.

The biggest effect this will have is that I will be pitting players against other's and players will have the chance to cross-interact in the different games. The Abyssals is the other part of the rivals from the past (also mixed with both of the circles of that golden age). The Lunars are the companions of some of the characters of both games (Solar and Lunar), the Sidereal will be a mixture of others who will be influencing all the story sets. And the Dragon-Blooded who in the future brings havoc. The future looks fun in so many ways.

When the time comes, I'd be up to play a Sidereal. Haven't had the chance to do one of them as a player character yet.

Sherwood said:
When the time comes, I'd be up to play a Sidereal. Haven't had the chance to do one of them as a player character yet.
I will reserve you a spot for that one

Thanks. I've made up Siddies before, but the games they were for never took off. (:'() From all the work you are putting into just the Solars part of this, I have high hopes for you.

@Phyre I think I mentioned it before, but I'd like to reserve a spot in the Lunar game. Also, if you're having trouble finding players, try putting up a shingle in OnyxPath's Exalted forum. They'll be all over you like white on rice.

I just saw that Lord Sia has posted a character bio. Do we come up with that ourselves, or is that something determined by Phyre? If we post our own, I'll edit the post I made of Renna's pic and add it to that.

EDIT: I went ahead and put up a profile for Renna. Hopefully it meets with ST approval for what you are looking for.

How sad is this? I have spent part of the evening looking over the Sidereal book, plotting out my character submission for Phyre's future game, and this one hasn't even started up yet! Wow.

I see that we have two of our three players having posted character summaries. Are there any others in the works, or is it just us? Also, I'm anxious to get started! Any idea on when we will get rolling?

@Sherwood I know I initially stated I would post the Character Spotlights, but if the players want to post them, it's ok. I will just look it over to see that nothing is stated in a way I don't like. Other than that if the player waits until I place it, they will get one that is like the sample provided. I have a certain verbiage, but it is okay to deviate from it. What I try to do is only talk about Attributes and Abilities that are Rated a 3 or higher. I leave out deficient ones as this can be discovered by following the game. The reason I mention the Willpower, Essence, Motivation, and Main Virtue is for those who know about the game have a good enough idea of what kind of characters are being played. A one paragraph description of the personality/ background of the character and an Image. I added the Artifacts weapons and armor only because they are the most obvious items anyone may see. As long as characters follow that they should be fine. Or I will post one myself.

As of today the group is shy one player to be maxed out. One player is just finishing up on their character, but truly is about done. The group actually almost have a Perfect Circle. Although they are missing one, strangely enough. Because having a perfect circle is not a must in the game, it is not important for me to tell you all which one is missing, I am sure if you go to the interest area players can possibly figure it out.

What I can tell you all is that each Caste will have an effect on what happens during their exaltation. With the Prelude each character will get information that only they will know. What they do with this knowledge is up to them. What ever each character's motivation I promise you that you will not be able to accomplish them on your own, your opposition is just to great.

A secret now exposed: Their is an advantage to a perfect circle and their is an advantage to a five-player game. Lacking either will actually have affects on the group in ways throughout the chronicle. But, they will not prevent success for the group of players who remain active throughout the campaign.

Preludes will begin Friday for all approved characters. Hopefully they will be all done by Sunday. Tuesday is the projected first start of the Chronicle itself. Each Prelude will consist of 5 separate scenes, different moments in each characters life. Expect a scene on the following:

• Present
  • Childhood
  • Adolescent
  • Exaltation
  • After Exaltation

Each one will have underlying import to not only the specific character but also things important to the future circle. I can promise each one of you no one will die during the prelude (that is where that promise ends though :) . I appreciate the patience and I hope it will be well worth the wait. Just remember the Prelude is not the game, just an introduction of your characters as well as a way to introduce me to your playing style as well as giving you all a glimpse into my own.

Is there anything in Renna's Spotlight that you wish to have changed?

Looking forward to starting up. I have a whole wish list of Charms that I want to get.

I am now beginning to send out the start of the preludes if you have not received your first post expect it to begin within the next couple of hours, bare with me it is on the way. (assume your character is approved and done).

Sherwood said:
Looking forward to starting up. I have a whole wish list of Charms that I want to get.
So do I, but - and these are just my two yen, gathered from way too much talk and not enough gaming - it's probably a better idea to focus on what you want to do with your character. Sure, some things practically require certain charms - dealing with spirits is a pain and a half without Occult, for example - but most things are merely more difficult without the charms, not impossible. And for singular instances of awesome - like punching that one guy so hard he flies out the door and lands in the courtyard - well, that's what stunts are for.

@Phyre Great, though I'll be mostly AWOL - have about 12 hours of painting to do tomorrow and I'll be playing in a 40K tournament all Sunday - I'll try to respond at least once or twice.

Cheers!

@Lord Sia no problem have fun with the convention you have until weds of next week to finish your Prelude. I will hold beginning your until Monday and concentrate on the others for now. It will not hurt anyone as the Preludes will take probably take two days of interaction to finish for each person.

Lord Sia] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/11568-phyre/ said:
@Phyre[/URL] Thanks, that's much appreciated.
No Problem( :) )

In case anyone missed it, the first scene each of you are involved in with your individual Prelude is what will be the spin off of where your character begins the actual game. It is done backwards on purpose as I wanted to both get a feel for you and give each of you some clues into how it all will begin for you. After that it becomes obvious I am trying to help establish your past. If you haven't noticed yet, I am now beginning to add Images of key NPCs to the Neutral Character's Tab, be sure to check the area from time to time. If you encounter them the little fluff presented should help you in imagining each character as well as a small taste of their personalities. Your contacts and such will also be posted here for reference. Please note that not one character associated with your own persona will be created exactly as you may have imagined them, including there association with you (don't be surprised). I never like a player to completely know who they are affiliated with (at least not for sure). Thanks to everyone for there interactive post in their preludes . I must admit I am getting a bit excited at what will come.(<3)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay, I finally found this thread! ( :P )

Looking forward to playing with all of you, and also interested in the Lunar, Abyssal, Sid and Dragon-Blooded games in the future. Got a bagful of concepts rattling around in my head!

@Arynne I will keep you posted on the other games as well.

If your character has any important NPCs attached to your character you will find that they are all listed with an image in the Neutral Characters Tab. There are other NPCs as well and more to come, but if you want an idea of the direction I went with a mentor, ally, contact, enemy, ect they have now been added.

Sorry for the delay everyone today somethings just came up and my time just stayed occupied. I am here and will get back to regular postings tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back