• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Underground

Valorie

Purity
Charlotte woke early in the morning, at around 6AM to be exact. Even though they were underground, their knowledge of the light periods when the Seekers could go out had given them a sense of time keeping. The girl made her way down the long hallways, seeing that everything was in order like she'd been doing every morning for the past 3 years.

It was her routine to wake the cooks first, they were in charge of making breakfast so they needed more time. She'd made a device resembling a whistle from some items in the gardening shack. Charlie took a deep breath before releasing it into the whistle, a loud shriek echoing through the dorms of the cooks. "Rise and Shine. It's 6:30, time to get to the kitchen."

The brunette made sure all were up before walking out to the main section of the underground, the common room/living room. It was sick the way they'd made the place seem so hospitable. She unlocked a box that contained a map of the daily tasks that needed to be done, and a map of the Forest. Every time they went out, they altered the map the best they could but it was useless.

A sigh escaped her lips as she locked the box up and put it back. The Medics were in charge of waking everyone else, since they were almost always on the Job. The Seekers were the main risk but the other jobs caused injuries sometimes as well. The only way to keep their minds off of time was to keep busy. "
Only 24 days left until a new one is sent down..." She whispered to herself. She looked up and greeted others who passed by heading to the showers or kitchen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mathew jolted awake as the shrill whistles shriek rang in his ears, jolting him out of a deep sleep. Of course he knew it was time to start breakfast, he hadn't wanted to get up just yet. He fought the urge to burrow back under the covers while he got dressed and walked down the hall heading for the kitchens. It was incredible how the underground was layed out. The elevators where people come, only to stay trapped here and the ones that take others to an 'escape' route hidden somewhere in the forest. He personally thought this was some messed up dream.

Charlie looked to Matthew as she saw Mathew come down to the kitchen. She offered a slight smile, "Morning, Mat. How'd ya sleep?" She was well aware of the change and adjusting that needed to be done to get used to being trapped. "I hope you're adjusting a little better now."

Meanwhile, Nathan was finishing up in the infirmary. Two days ago a Seeker had come back brutally injured by a Creature and he'd been monitoring the boy overnight. They'd given him the antidote, something that caused extreme pain but helped ease the poison. He made his way to the dining compound, starving. He was kind of hoping to see Lia before the Seekers went out.

Lukas ran a tired hand through his hair as he got up before the rest did. He couldn't sleep; the scratch that one of the creatures had given him had been bothering him all night. If anything, it felt as if a dull blade kept hacking back and forth through his arm, not even letting his arm have the opportunity to go numb. One of the medics had given him a balm for his wound, and it had been healing, but it still hurt like hell.

After his trip to the restroom, Lukas made his way to the common room. He wanted nothing but to go back to the forest, to have a hack at that creature that almost sliced his left arm in half. Sitting back on the couch, Lukas waited for the others to arrive, hoping that there will be a meeting today to discuss their next plan.

She smiled once more at Mat, noticing Lukas walk in. "Excuse me for a second..." The girl walked over to the blonde, crossing her arms over her chest. Last time they'd went out he'd gotten hurt and she'd said that he should stay behind, just a suggestion. Right now, he seemed tired like he hadn't gotten much sleep. "Luka? How's your arm feeling?" Charlie was easily worried for the ones who got hurt, especially when they tried to go back again the next trip with no rest. "I know you want to go out today, but maybe you should stay. You look a bit tired, it can be dangerous."

"I can still go," Lukas replied with a frown, "And I'm fine." He stood up from the couch and crossed his arms. A shot of pain raced through his system, but he did his best to ignore it, just to prove a point. He couldn't help but grimace though. He hated feeling helpless, feeling like he couldn't do anything. That's why he hated the maze, and whoever had the brilliant idea to trap them Underground. "I'm going, and you can't stop me." The creatures are the only outlet to his anger. Hacking them down made him feel better afterwards, even for just a brief moment. It made life a bit more interesting than just staying inside, where it's safe. Lukas stared at Charlie, his bluish green eyes boring into hers, willing her to challenge him.

The boy was tough, she'd give him that. However, this was a job that didn't need such reckless souls. The purpose was to map the Forest not kill the Creatures. She returned his daring look, taking his challenge. It seemed that he'd forgotten who ran things around here. "Actually, I can stop you. You're forgetting that I'm the head of the Council, Luka. Don't force me to suspend your duties..." After a bit of thought she swallowed, "But if you truly want to risk it, I'll be going out as well."

[QUOTE="alex the fox](wait for me to finish please0

[/QUOTE]
(We haven't really done anything yet, so you can jump in when you finish. It won't affect your involvement. c:)

Leah began the day as she usually did. She woke up, woke the others up, and did whatever she needed to.After Leah had finished her daily duty of waking people up, she headed for the common room. She nodded a greeting to the people who passed her, and as stealthily as she could, she went into the common room. She listened to the conversation between Charlotte and Lukas for a while. "Hi" she finally whispered as she found a place to sit. "I hear that you're both going to go out, please be safe. I don't want to have to see either of you in the infirmary," she smiled softly. It seemed strange, even to her; she typically never spoke to anyone. Leah bit her lip and sat there uncomfortably.

Her gaze shifted to Leah, one of the oldest veterans to the Underground. A small smile on her lips as she spoke to the girl. "Well, I was just telling Luka that he should stay here this time. Let's not forget that he himself made a visit to the Infirmary last time we went out. But, he wants to be reckless, and to make sure nothing happens...I'll be going out as well." Charlie looked back at Luka before offering another smile to Leah. "Thank you for your wishes. We always try to be safe."

"Good luck then."Leah smiled and reached into her pocket. "By the way I found this by my face this morning. Do you know whose it might be?" She held up a silver locket and looked at Charlie for an answer. Ever since she had arrived in the elevator, she had always looked to Charlotte for advice. Leah handed Charlie the locket so she could get a better look at it.

The girl nodded and took the locket from Leah, observing it. "No, I've never seen anyone with jewelry down here. Ever. I'll keep it in the box...and look it over more when we come back." She placed it in her pocket and checked the time. It was still an hour before the Seekers dispursed up into the Forest. "Thank you."

Leah nodded " No problem." She stood up "Is there anything you need to be done? I'm available." She waited for Charlie's answer.

running out of the garden they head towards leah and charlie. he is out of breathe by the time he gets there, from running too fast. they told them someone was arriving, his eyes were wide from breathelessness. (your que @Allina Auburn )

Lia had rolled out of bed late that day, she knew she had more time than some but she needed her rest for the day ahead. With a bounce in her step, she headed for the dining area hoping to grab some food as long as there was some left. On the way there she had run over the plans for that days run, gone over her previous run and was now mentally ready. It was something she did after her first traumatic venture out. She walked into the dining area, scanning the room for someone to eat with once she talked a cook into heating something up for her.

Mathew hadn't heard her at first, so when she spoke it flew past him. But when she spoke the second time and smiled, Mathew had become suddenly aware of her presence.

(Sorry got preoccupied in debates)

Nathan took a seat after getting his own breakfast. They always made jokes about how the food from the kitchen was gross but that's all they were, jokes. Truly the food was delicious, and he respected all that slaved through the day preparing food to feed everyone here. His eyes looked around the room as he spotted Leah. A smile spread across his face. His hand motioned for her to join him.

Charlotte nodded and checked the time once more. "Could you make sure there's no slackers trying to stay in the doorms and sleep in? I need the gardens and farm block well groomed. The animals get lazy in the tall grass." Her lips curling into another smile before looking at Luka once more, "I think you should eat before we leave. I plan on exploring the B section more today, so we'll be out a bit longer." Charlie walked away from the blonde before making her way to the Council Office, a place she spent most of the day in. In here, she would redraw maps according to what the Seekers saw or noticed. Charlie also kept a calendar of the days in here, along with a chart of every person Underground. Right now, she needed to talk to Alexander. They usually met here every 3rd day to discuss the plans on which routes to take. He was one of the only people she trusted in completely, being her right hand man since the start.

@Atom

( @Atom , respond whenever you're ready. )

Valorie said:
Nathan took a seat after getting his own breakfast. They always made jokes about how the food from the kitchen was gross but that's all they were, jokes. Truly the food was delicious, and he respected all that slaved through the day preparing food to feed everyone here. His eyes looked around the room as he spotted Leah. A smile spread across his face. His hand motioned for her to join him.

Charlotte nodded and checked the time once more. "Could you make sure there's no slackers trying to stay in the doorms and sleep in? I need the gardens and farm block well groomed. The animals get lazy in the tall grass." Her lips curling into another smile before looking at Luka once more, "I think you should eat before we leave. I plan on exploring the B section more today, so we'll be out a bit longer." Charlie walked away from the blonde before making her way to the Council Office, a place she spent most of the day in. In here, she would redraw maps according to what the Seekers saw or noticed. Charlie also kept a calendar of the days in here, along with a chart of every person Underground. Right now, she needed to talk to Alexander. They usually met here every 3rd day to discuss the plans on which routes to take. He was one of the only people she trusted in completely, being her right hand man since the start.

@Atom

( @Atom , respond whenever you're ready. )
Alexander was already inside the door waiting, his signature look of annoyance plastered on his face.

"Hello." He grunted. Single word response, look of annoyance. Definitely not happy.

"I think it's only polite to hope your morning has been better than mine?" He asked.

Lazy slobs and annoying children, of course her morning was better than his own. Or so he assumed.

Infinity's eyes snapped open as chains seemed to grind to a halt the sound of grinding chains echoing in the chamber. Infinity's throat seized up as oxygen started to leak out of the chamber she pounded on all the doors screaming her small lungs out as she swung precariously from the ceiling. The elevator like contraption dropped as her voice echoed down the shaft. Infinity's ride stopped abruptly and her head crashed against the wall as the door swung open and her body lurched forward she looked around and tried to stand up but fell her tone was threatingr as she spoke but she stuttered as she did so "Who-O are you,"

Leah walked towards Nathan with a smile on her face. "Hey" she said. She remembered when Nathan first arrived. He was one of the friendliest. "I was just on my way to the garden. What do you need?" she shifted nervously.

Last edited by a moderator:
And there it was. Charlotte never failed to remind him of it, every time he did something wrong, every time he blundered. How could he forget? "I haven't forgotten, ma'am," Lukas replied testily, "But you're forgetting that there aren't many who can be called Seekers." He paused for a while as he watched Charlotte and Leah exchange greetings and concerns. Lukas felt heaviness in his gut as Charlotte freely talked about him as if he wasn't there. She had always treated him like a child, even before, during their first trip to the forest. She wouldn't let him out of her sight, and even if it's just a minor cut he had gotten during the trip, she always brings up the past mistakes he had made. Like now. "Yes ma'am," he said, after Charlotte had given her orders, "Whatever you say ma'am." Lukas had always called her that; never Charlotte, nor Charlie. They had always been at odds with each other, and for the past year they and the others had been stuck Underground, nothing had changed. Still the same animosity, at least, that's what it felt like to him. Turning on his heels, Lukas headed to the kitchen to grab his breakfast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back