• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Underground

"Don't worry. I don't plan on looking at anyone or anything...." Sisceal responded as he quickly followed the guy. His eyes widened and he gulped when he saw the giant at the gates, but he kept his mouth shut. Oh lord did he keep his mouth shut. He'd been through enough already. Tangling with that behemoth was the last thing he needed.

@Aridis

Lucas shot Jimbo a sideways glance when Buras mentioned him keeping a secret. The giant obviously didn't know the shrunken head that well. Lucas once again picked his hat up off his head, which Jimbo cuaght out of the corner of his sunken eye socket. "Boys, you trow dat hat on me face again, I'll sell everting you gots in the back room next time you leave dis place.". Lucas hesitated for a moment at the heads threat, then placed the hat down on the desk slowly eyeing the head. He turned his attention back to Buras and placed his fingerstips on one another as he listened. This was....troublesome. The Princess was so young, even for a Fae, and she had a bit of a rebelious streak from what Lucas could tell. Lucas closed his eyes and sighed as he rubbed his temples "Merde, Buras. What kind of guard lets there ward give them the slip. What about her personal guards? Where are they? They should be with her outside of the castle." Normally, Lucas would not care so much about royalty playing hookie. But with Sisceal in the city, and the possibility of The Order finding The Underground. Lucas couldn't take chances. Lucas began to roll up his sleeves and brushed his long black hair behind his shoulder before turning to Buras with a cross exspression "What do you want me to do?

@Beowulf

"I want you to find her. Do some black magic or whatever it is." he said, waving his hands about, very nearly hitting shelves. "She decides to slip away, now of all times. The humans are getting close, I can just feel it. The Court is probably doing their best to keep any humans from entering, but they can only do so much. And I'm only one guard. I may be big, aye, but I don't have eyes on the back or the sides of my head." he continued, defending himself against the accusation of bad guard. A few seconds later, he realized something. "What do you have in the back? Is it something I should know about?" But almost as quickly as he said that, he waved his hand, as if to fan something away. "Never mind. The princess first. I'll turn a blind eye this time."

New thought, new problem.

What the hell would happen when Sisceal got out of the Underground? Would he tell anyone? It wasn't exactly a full-on secret that faes were being hunted by the Order... Several people, when figuring out that they were near a non-human, would freak the fudge out and call the Order without hesitation. So...would this guy do the same?

Atlas had a small trick to deal with this. However, it would probably raise more alarm than it would do good. Plus, it was stupidly complicated and he would end up feeling bad afterwords.

"Hey.... By the way. Did Lucas give you anything? Or like...treat you in any way?" And now, to bullshit everything.

(@Axel1313 )

"Nothin' but this mark on my neck and then tryin' ta find the one who near killed me..." He scratched his neck where the mark was. "I'd rather not look for the guy though...I don't wanna end up in some alleyway bleeding out again." He frowned. As much as he had appreciated Lucas's help, he was not too keen on looking for his attacker.

@Aridis

As Buras began waving his arms about, Lucas through his arms up in frustation as the giant bumped shelves. Things wobbled a bit, but luckliy nothing fell to the floor. Lucas placed a hand on his head as he listened to the giant. He wasn't wrong, the humans of The Order where getting bolder and more and more desperate to find The Underground.

Then Buras asked about the back room. Lucas peeked through his fingers at Jimbos head hanging on the wall. The shrunked head gave him a smile as Lucas furrowed his brow. But before Buras asked anymore questions, he shrugged it off much to Lucas's relief. Lucas stood there with his arms folded across his chest. He looked back to Buras and then to Jimbo. "Who'sa you tinkin bout der boyo? Birgitte? Simbi? Lucas made Shivering motion as he walked over to a cabinet on the other side of the room. He looked over at Jimbo and pointed a finger at him "Surement Pas Jimbo!! Never Simbi." He turned back to the cabinet and grabbed a hand full of vials and odditeys. The last thing he grabbed was a small carved skull that looked like a rams skull. He placed the items on a table across from Buras and then looked back up at the giant. "Now Buras, as much as I love to help the royal family, I do require payment. Nothing extravigant, may fine patrons keep me supplied financially. But I am fairly certain that you can obligue with this depending on how badly you want to find the princess." Lucas picked up a small vial and a knife holding it up to Buras. "A small bit of Giants blood is all. Then I will help you find the Princess."

@Beowulf

The boy nodded softly, and continued to lead the other further out of the Underground. "Good choice. Revenge is a tempting trend. Buuuuuut, I personally think its better to just let things be." He shrugged, and shoved his hands into the pockets of his jacket. "In the end... It's not really all that worth it."

(@Axel1313 )

"I wouldn't have expected anything less." Buras said, holding out a hand to be cut. "Just make sure I don't have to do something about what you do with my blood." he said while his blood was being taken. "It's bad enough that the princess is gone. I don't want to deal with black magic a few days later." he continued, letting his palm scab over. "Now, find the princess."

"Tch. You should try telling that to my boss." A slight smile adorned his face. "The only reason I even ended up in this mess is because he had to get his revenge. Despite forgiveness being all he ever preaches about." He chuckled. "It's quite ironic, but at least it got me somewhat of a vacation."

@Aridis

"Hey, silver lining, right?" Atlas snickered. He was starting to think that Sisceal was one of those humans that wasn't complete bloodthirsty psychopath. Sorry, person who was wronged by one fae and justly declared war on all of them. There. Better?

Having come to the end of the long, cave-like tunnel that connected the Underground to the "normal" world, the Wraith slowed to a stop. Just a few more steps, and the location of the safe haven would be sort of easily distinguishable. Well, at least one of the many entrances, anyways. And here came the hardest part. Not letting the human see exactly where he was. While he probably wouldn't be able to find it again anyways... Atlas really didn't want to risk it. Not with the Order out there, and all.

God damn it Lucas... The blame is falling on you this time around.

Turning around to face the other, he plastered a soft, awkward smile onto his expression. "Well...um..."

(@Axel1313 )

"Well...in a way. On one hand, this 'vacation' is nice. On the other..ehhh. Nevermind." He waved the thought away. Making getting out of this place his main priority again. Things began looking more like what he was used to, but still nowhere near the realm of being able to find his way home. When the guy turned around to look at him with that awkward smile he cocked an eyebrow. "Umm....Are we nearly there yet? Why are we stopping?"

@Aridis

"What? Oh, yeah. But, can you do me an itty bitty favor?" He said. "I mean....Its weird. But, actually, it would benefit you a whole lot more than me." Holy fudge this was going to sound really weird and creepy.

People skills. This would be a great time to have them. "Could you just...close your eyes for a quick moment? I'm not going to like, mug you or anything. Promise. If I was planning on that, there were about a hundred different opportunities for me to do so up until this point. But...yeah. I mean, you don't have to. It would just save us both a huge headache."

(@Axel1313 )

After Lucas took the blade and nicked Buras's finger, filling the vial with the giants blood, he took the vial and stoppered it and placed it in a pocket on the inside of his coat. With a smile he tipped his head in a bowing motion to Buras "You are a kind and willing caretaker Buras."

With that Lucas bustled about the floor over towards Jimbo and removed the head from the wall. The head shook itself on its long string of bones and hemp before looking up at Lucas with its empty eye sockets "So, who it gonna be dere boyo?" Lucas smiled and held up the little carved goat skull. The shrunken head sighed as Lucas procured a stand from beneath the table. It looked like a normal three tier candle stand, but the middle candle holder was much wider and empty. Lucas placed the shrunken head on the middle stand and Jimbo shifted his jaw a bit making himself comfortable. After lighting the other two candles, Lucas pulled a small bowl out of the table and placed it in front of the stand. He looked up at Buras "Now, don't move."

Lucas took a deep breath, and as he did, the lights in the shop almost seemed to dim themselves with the air leaving the room. He closed his eyes and held his breath for a moment, Jimbo mirroring his moves the best he could as a shrunken head. His eyes flew open, soulless black voids now filled the glassy orbs that once filled his skull. A slow mumbling with a dark rhythmic undertone began to flow from Lucas's lips as he began to pick up items he had grabbed from the cabinet and slowly add them to the bowl. Jimbo seemed to quiver and shake slightly as the tone continued on and Lucas added one thing after another to the bowl. The air in the shop began to pick up speed, like a small gale had been trapped within the walls.

Suddenly, Jimbo released a screeching noise like a crow caught in a trap, and black smoke erupted from the shrunken heads eye sockets and mouth. Lucas,s tone slowed to mere chanting as the smoke snaked its way into the bowl before the stand and seemed to collect there. Lucas lifted the small carved rams skull to chest height as he finished his chanting. He dropped the carved skull into the bowl, and a torrent of fire shot up and out of the bowl almost reaching the ceiling of the shop.

As the flame settled, the contents of the bowl would no longer hold the ingredients Lucas had placed there, but instead a small figure, about the size of bottle of soda began to rise from the ashes. It was humanoid, but only half of it. Its legs for that of a goat, its torso that of a man, but its head was the strangest of all. The small carved skull seemed to rest itself on a neck made of flames that flowed through the rams skull and created the rams horns of flames. The figure placed and hand on the bowl and pushed itself up and over the edge of the bowl and looked around the room. It stopped at Jimbo and then turned back around and looked at Lucas. It sighed and crossed its arms "What the hell do you want Lafluer?" Lucas smiled and looked up at Buras, "Master Buras, I would like to introduce to you, Bade. Loa of the Wind and the answer to finding the Princess quickly."

The Loa uncrossed its arms and thrust a finger at Lucas. "I'm not doing anything for you Lafluer. Not after last time. Sobo is still in trouble with Ghede after what happened."

Lucas smiled as he reached into his pocket and procured a small vial of burgundy liquor. He gave it a bit of a shake and held it out to Bade. The Loa eyed the vial and then looked back up at Lucas. "Damn you Lafluer." He snatched the vial from his hand and uncorked it. After titling it back and drinking the contents of the vial, Bade set the vial down and turned to the giant in the room. "Alright then, what the hell am I here for?"

@Beowulf

Last edited by a moderator:
Buras stood in shock, simply put. He had heard of these things. Even seen a couple run around the village. But never before has he seen one summoned right in front of him. And when it turned to him, and asked what he wanted, he at first didn't reply. But after blinking a bit and giving himself a shake, he gets right down to business. "Ahem, yes. I need you to find the princess of the Underground. She has decided that it was a good idea to disappear from my watch and is now possibly in danger." he said, using his authority voice. His dad said that every guard should have a good authority voice. And Buras liked to think that his was pretty good.

"Um....alright." He stared at him confused as can be. "After all that's happened today I don't care anymore, I just want ta get home." He sighed as he cocked his head to the side and gave a very tired expression. "Even if ya were to mug me anyway, There's not much to take...A few bucks, a rosary, a bible with a flask in it...that's about it." With another sigh he closed his eyes and waited for whatever this stranger had planned.

@Aridis

((@rosamortelle , They're most likely going to be back to the surface soon.))

After her call with the chief, Penelope had resided to her bedroom's closet. Separating her rack of clothes, Penelope began unlocking many contraptions on a hidden door. Steeping inside the door, Penelope switched on the lights to the room on the other side.

For many fae folks this room would be a night mare. It was an additional apartment to Penelope's own she had bought. On three of the walls, shelves of books about anything and everything to do with Fae were packed together. In the center of the room was a large table cluttered by maps, notes, photos, etc. and surrounded by black padded armchairs. By the last wall, two identical wardrobes mirrored one another one filled with specialty weapons and the other, Penelope's mission suits. Lastly, and most likely to most unnerving piece of the room, the space between the two wardrobes was filled with wooden plaques, each containing a part of a fae that Penelope took from them as an award.

Making her way towards her clothing wardrobe Penelope changed out of her night gown and into her favorite mission suit, a black tank underneath a red laced shirt, black leather pants, and a bullet proof and enchantment infused jacket. To complete her look, Penelope tied on her slightly worn combat boots and tied her raven curls back with a red ribbon. To anyone else she would seem like just another citizen. Penelope laughed at the thought of this while she hid some of her basic weapons on the inside of her coat.

Satisfied with her appearance and mission fully on her mind, Penelope exited and sealed up her bounty room before fully leaving her apartment. As she made her way on to the abandoned streets Penelope found herself singing a tune she knew from long ago.

"odihnesc acum draga mea, pentru lumina este aproape. Voi vă pentru a continua. În timp ce eu sunt încă aici i se va aminti, și te iubesc până la sfârșitul timpului."

(P.S. It's a love song I made up and is probably not translated well but whatever)

Bible with a flask in it?

Holy fudge this human was beautiful.

"Okay, cool." The thing that Atlas really like about using the shadows to walk around was the fact that it was faster. The normal rules of physics and gravity and blah blah didn't necessarily apply to the darkness. There was less resistance, and his movements became more fluid. Also, whatever he was dragging along with him became lighter as well. Weight-wise, not necessarily like in... you get it. It was like being in water, where things were a bit more buoyant. But, at the same time, it was as easy to move around as it would be on dry land. To him, it felt like he had been wearing a suit of heavy weights for months, and finally got the chance to shed it and move without it.

Taking a deep breath, he grabbed Sisceal's wrist. They both faded into the shadows; which were actually exceptionally dark, considering the fact that there was only a dim light inside of the tunnel. It was exceptionally cooler in the darkness than it was outside of it, but that didn't bother Atlas at all. He was used to the feeling. "Just take a few steps this way. And uh... keep your eyes shut. Headaches, remember?"

(@Axel1313 )

"You don't have to tell me twice...I don't need headaches on top of whatever else this is..." He gulped, holding a hand over his mouth as he blindly followed the stranger. Whatever was happening it was making him nauseous and lightheaded... But none the less, he kept his eyes closed.

@Aridis

Snickering lightly, he shrugged. "Fair enough." He had never taken a passenger before, so this should be a lovely experience~.

It only took a couple of steps, maybe three or four, to reach their destination. Well, that's what it would seem like to Sisceal, anyways. The distance was actually a lot greater, but their steps were just a bit longer. The wonders of shadows. Depending on where a light source is, they could stretch out considerably. So...technically they had "longer" legs?

The duo slipped out of a side-door, and into an alleyway; which belonged to one of the local bars. The location was a bit deep in the slums. But, nonetheless, it still doubled as one of the many entrances into the Underground. So, even though it was a really weird and out-of the way place, it still had valuable use. Looking around to make sure that the coast was clear, Atlas pulled his guest back out of the shadows.

While the other's eyes were still shut, he lead him out into the street; and down the sidewalk some. Maybe...half a block? Anyways, when they reached their temporary destination, Altas placed his hands on the man's shoulders and spun him around a few times. Now that direction was messed with... "Aaaaaaand, open."

@Axel1313

As soon as he could open his eyes Sisceal rushed to the nearest wall to lean against and hurl. "Oh....thank you..and please. Whatever that was...don't do it again...especially that spinning at the end." He wiped his mouth off and went to sit on the curb to regain his senses and wait for things to stop spinning. He pulled out his bible and opened it up to retrieve the flask stashed in it. He definitely needed some sort of drink to settle his nerves and wash his mouth. "So...do we part ways here? Or are you going to help me find my apartment?" He took another sip.

@Aridis @rosamortelle (they're out on the streets of the human world now! So that means they are officially fair game!)

"Oh... Right, sorry 'bout that." And now he felt bad. Atlas had no idea that the shadows would do something like this to someone. Well... then again, now that he thought about it, humans don't really have that much physical capacity for magic. Or, whatever his whole thing was. It probably wasn't the best idea on his part, but what's done is done. Unfortunately.

Looking down, he rubbed the back of his neck. "I mean... I could help you at least get close? It all depends on you, really."

@Axel1313

Impossibly tall, thin vibrant purple heels clicked on the pavement as Adelaide sauntered down the streets of the Underground. Her long blonde hair swayed back and forth in time with the skirt of herviolet dress, brushing against her beautiful wings. The succubus slowed as she reached her destination, climbed the steps, and pushed open the door of the shop.

"Monsieur? Monsieur Lefluer? I do hope you have my order ready. I-" She stopped as she finally took in the scene. Her nose wrinkled at the sight of the guard. It was one thing to have to talk to the witch doctor, who admittedly had his charms, and the chatty shruken head, who did not, but to find another male in the store was rather unpleasant.

She cleared her throat, trying and failing to regain a neutral expression and abandon her look of disgust.

"I do apologize," She stated, her words dripping with contempt whereas her earlier words had only hinted at it.

"If you gentlemen are in the middle of something, I can return. Though I would hate for my order to be late and you have to be deducted payment, Monsieur Lefluer," She added, the word gentlemen slathered in sarcasm.

@zCrookedz @Beowulf

Maggie's blonde bun jiggled and threatened to collapse with each step she took as she ran. A dimly lit tunnel was no place for a girl like her, especially with her slightly torn black pencil skirt, wobbly high heels, and dirty white blouse. However, if she had to choose between this tunnel and the scene she had just left, she wouldn't have to even stop and think. She could still feel that man's, her boss's, hand on her and it caused her to shiver despite there being no chill in the air. The tunnel finally widen and ahead she could see some kind of buildings past a giant statue. Finally she could find refuge from that drunken pervert.

Maggie picked up the pace to a sprint, trying desperately to reach the city.

Suddenly, a sharp snap rang out as the heel of her shoe snapped off. Maggie stumbled and crashed into the ground face first at the giant's feet, her bun finally giving up and unleashing her long hair to fall around her.

@CrimsonEclipse

After Buras had left, though Diethelm had no idea how long exactly, it had been pretty uneventful. Sure, the princess was missing, but Diethelm was sure that the giant can handle it. Buras has a excellent record of protecting the princess, if you exclude the princess disappearing thing. So he calmed down and resumed his watch. He saw the scout, Atlas, escorting a human outside. Diethelm had sensed the human, but sensing no evil intent from him, Diethelm allowed him to do as he please, as long as he doesn't do anything bad of course.

There was however other beings that are approaching his direction. Both seems to be human, one male and another female. The female seems to be running from something, and it was probably the man since Diethelm senses evil intent in him. The woman seeks refuge, and what is the Underground if not a refuge to those in need? Sure she is human, but to him a being in need of help is a being in need of help. He would let her in, surely she could reach the city before her pursuer reaches her, but then she suddenly trips. Why do humans insists on wearing those ridiculous shoes? It doesn't serve any purpose and it only hinders their movement. The golem thought, having seen it a few times. The man would surely reach her if Diethelm does nothing, but of course the gentle golem won't just stand there and do nothing. Diethelm slowly rose from his position, walking towards the woman.

"Do not fear." He said as he bent down to retrieve her. He gently carried her in his arms, making sure he doesn't hold her too tight. "I will not harm you."

He went back to his original position, the female human safely hidden in his hand. He made sure that the woman stayed hidden, and just to make sure, he moved himself to block the narrow passage where the woman had tripped, effectively hiding the city from sight and making the passage appear as a dead end.

(Please tag me if you mention me in your post. I appear to be having a problem where I won't get any notification unless someone tags me.)

@Comix

Bade let out a sigh and rolled his head in a motion that suggested exasperation. He looked up at the giant before throwing his arms into the air "Fine! Lafluer has already paid so its no skin off my bone what has to be done. Lucas crossed his arms as the tiny figure walked to the edge of the table. In the blink of an eye the little figure faded away into a fine cloud of dust and began to hoover around the room. The disembodied voice that followed was Bades, but with a bit more whispful air to it "Alright big guy, lets go find your princess." The cloud of dust and smoke whipped around the room until it heard the door open and then shot out of the shop quick as he could.

Lucas looked to the door and was pleasantly surprised to see Madame Cavenhart entering. He looked up to Buras "Just follow Bade, he will take you to the.....you know what..." Remembering that Buras had wanted secrecy, Lucas tried to be as aloof about the purpose of Bade as he felt like.

Lucas turned back to Madame Cavernhart with his devilish smile as he strolled across the floor. As he reached her he reached out and took her hand in his and leaned into kiss it, "Madame Cavenhart, enchanteur que jamais. Master Buras and I have concluded our buisness for now, and he was just about leave." Lucas gave a smile and a nod to Buras as he lifted his cane towards his shops empty floor. The book shelves and tables that had been moved, began to shift back to their usual homes. As Jimbo lifted into the air and headed back for his nail that supported his string, he looked over at Madame Adelaide and gave her a sunken eye wink. "My, oh my. Yousa looking a might fine today Adelaide. Ol' Jimbo been missin you since yo last visit." Lucas scowled at Jimbo. He liked to think of himself a lady's man, but somehow seemed to forget that he was nothing but a head. Lucas lifted his hat and hurled it across the room at Jimbo, where it stuck over his shrunken head muffling whatever colorful swears he was yelling at him.

Lucas looked back to Madame Adelaide as he tucked his cane with a smile "Now then Madame, remind me again what your order was?"

@Beowulf @Comix

Last edited by a moderator:
Sisceal took another swig of his flask and stood up. Fitting it right back into it's hole in the pages of the Bible. "If you can get me a few blocks closer that might be best. I have some money for a cab, but probably not this far into town"

@Aridis

Users who are viewing this thread

Back