• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Underground

After wandering a safe distance away from the building, Atlas collapsed on a bench. It was late, and dark out. However, that was perfect for him. The darkness was his ally; his protector.

The Wraith had a habit of writing down everything he had heard, or even seen, while scouting. That way, if he missed anything, then he could look back on it later. Besides, it was easier to piece together information and connect each bit; much more so than if he had decided to do the process in his head. Pulling out his notebook and a small pen-sized flashlight, he began to review his findings. Atlas wanted to know if he needed to stay out longer, or was allowed to go back to the Underground. Well...not that he wasn't allowed to go back if he didn't find anything. However, it felt wrong to him to return empty handed.

He had written down pages upon pages on the matter; and his handwriting was freaking tiny. And, yet, the only useful stuff maybe added up to a single page; not even on both sides of it. Growling in frustration, the boy closed his notebook and jammed it back into his pocket. With a sigh, he crossed his arms over his chest and leaned back; staring up at the sky.

There had been one line that kept bothering him. It was relentlessly nagging at his consciousness; refusing to leave him or his paranoia alone.

'I doubt it'll take much longer.'

As the priest writhed under Lucas's touch, Lucas merely watched and continued to mumble as the dark magic continued to work its way towards closing the wound. It did not take long and Lucas could feel the wound finally close up under his thumb. He loosened his grip on the mans neck and lifted his thumb. Were the vampires bite had been, were not two black dots that were enclosed with a circle of runes around them to create a seal. Lucas smiled at his work and removed his hand completely from the mans throat. He lifted his hand and looked over the blood covering it "Now then Monsieur Prêtre, you are all closed up. Sorry about the mark there, but black magic always leaves a mark." The blood on his hand evaporated into a fine red mist and drifted off Lucas's hand.

Lucas looked around the shop reaching for a small vial on one of the shelves for a small vial of blue liquid. He popped the top on the vial and give it a sniff, the rich aroma of iron filling his nostrils. He held the bottle out to the priest and waved it a bit for him to take.
"This should get you back to your home. A bit of a "pick-me-up" for those with your amount of blood loss. Just don't ask whats in it."

@Axel1313

As soon as he was done the young priest immediately covered his neck with his hand. Staring at the man in confusion. Black magic? What was he even talking about? "What?" He shakily forced himself into a sitting position. Now that the bleeding had stopped and the pain of whatever this man did snapped him more into awareness he was even more lost than before. Absolutely nothing looked remotely familiar. "How? I don't even know where I've ended up in this blasted town.."

@zCrookedz

Finally deciding that his job called for him to look around, he discovered something very terrifying. The princess wasn't there. He thought she was just being quiet and not doing anything. But as it so happens, she disappeared completly. Stay calm, he could recover from this. He just simply had to find her before anyone esle did, and make sure everyone thoight she was ok. So, with a look of immense purpose on his face, he head towards the Keeper. It probably saw the princess, if was taller then even he. And if the Keeper couldn't see her, then it was up to him to find her.

As he continued to guard the city from whatever danger that threatens it, Diethelm saw the royal guard Buras heading his way. Unlike the previous person who went there, he knew that Buras is not her for any pleasant conversation. Something must be wrong, or else he would not have left the princess' side. "What ails you Buras?" The gate keeper asked, his voice deep and loud, making the ground rumble when he spoke. The giant may look imposing to most, but he was puny compared to the keeper.

Lucas took a step back from the man and leaned against one of the shelves, making an assortment of jars and nick-nacks jiggle a bit. But before Lucas could answer the man, the shrunken head behind him jostled himself once again and he stretched his dried mouth in a yawning fashion. "Yaaaaa, If there be a speck ah light in this city, ya be the furthest from it Boyo." The heads remark made Lucas smile. He popped his cane into the air and grabbed it in the middle of its shaft and began to twirl the skulls on the end of it round and round in between his fingers as he spoke. "Jimbo's right Monsieur Prêtre. You are currently in Lafluers, Voodoo, Hoodoo, and Dark Magic emporium. Yours truly home, and place of business." Lucas spun the cane around again and brought the end with the three skulls down onto the surface of the table that the man was sitting on. The table evaporated into mist like before, but the part under the Priest turned into a small stool.

@Axel1313

Now that his head was clearing the poor priest was mortified. Looking like he nearly had a heart attack when the head spoke and shadows moved around him again. "No no no...that can't be possible. Things like that don't exist and are just the devil's trickery..." He scratched the side of his neck. "You can believe whatever you're doing all you want though, I've no right to judge, but I want no part of it either..."

@zCrookedz

Rose had known this last assignment might keep her an extra hour or so but she never imagined it would tie her up all morning. Her ability to move amoung the humans without notice was the only reason she even made it as soon as she had. She felt sorry for those who had to resort to disguises and shadows. She loved the sun too much and honestly found observing the humans to be an intersting past time on days when she had a little leeway in her schedule.

Ignoring the look of amusement on his face she fluttered past the gate keeper who is currently stationed at the entrance of the Underground. Following the winding path that lead to the part of the city that held the royal quarters shee took a moment look herself over as she passed a window in which she could see her reflection. With a proud smile she tussled her curls slightly and placed the sheath of her katana properly against her back, as in her haste it had merely been flung over her shoulder. Just as she turned to continue on her way she spotted a small figure rounding the next corner. With a small sigh she trailed silently behind the girl turning down the same hall only a few paces behind the girl. "Princess Bella it seems that you have lost your entourage." Rose said with just enough volume to startle the girl and her lips curling upward in a small smile.

@CelestialBunny

Belladonna was having a fun time away from the guards. Then suddenly she heard someone talk to her, she let out a small shriek in startle. "Don't do that!" She said jokingly. She tried to slowly get away from the girl, hoping to have more time alone. This is going to backfire, she thought knowing that going unnoticed usually wasn't her strong suit. "Nice seeing you, but I got to kinda go that way. Bye!" She said before she jet off trying to run off.

Chuckling under her breath Rose continued on her way. Though a protector of the Underground and Royal family, the princess was not her direct concern, she had more important things to to do. She would find Barus here shortly and let him know where the girl was hiding out. She can relate to the girls strain of being under constant gaurd but these days it has become necessity. The Order has come closer than ever before to discovering their whereabouts and it wouldn't do to have a royal stolling aimlessly through the corridors if they had any intention of protecting them. Remembering she was in a hurry she picked up her pace.

Buras flinched at the Keepers low rumble. He didn't want to many people to know that the princess was missing, for obvious reasons. But he could understand how quiet to one person is completly different to another. He had to think on his feet to tell the truth, but not at the same time. "I'm looking for the princess." he said, hoping the Keeper heard him. "I'm currently off duty," which was kind of true, "And going to relieve the guards currently guarding her." That might be true. There could be people protecting the princess, even if that means keeping an eye on her

@CrimsonEclipse

Last edited by a moderator:
Lucas lifted himself off the shelf as the Priest spoke and began to freak out. But, once again, Jimbo got to speaking before he could. "Oh, ha ha ha ha. I like dis one Boyo. Blind as a deer in da head lights, eh Lucas?" Lucas chuckled at the old Cajiun skull. He and Jimbo had some history, and one of the reason Lucas kept him around was his whity sense of humor. Lucas looked back at the Priest and Placed the end of his cane on the mans chest. "You'll have to pardon Jimbo, Monsieur Prêtre. He has a.....sibyllin..... way of speaking some times." Lucas docked the end of his staff under the Priests chin and pushed a bit to move his head to the side. Lucas took a good look at the seal on the mans neck now and began to chuckle. "Monsieur Prêtre, I take it you have not been in the Underground for very long, and for that I do wish you the best of luck down here. But rest assured, the creatures your.....Culte....told you were not real....." Lucas removed the cane with a flick of his wrist, sending it spiriling into the air. When it came back down into his hand, it had changed into a silver mirror with a polished surface. He held up the mirror for the man to see his bloody neck area where he had been rubbing so he could see the mark place on him in exchange for the healing of his wound. Luicas began to chuckle again as he finished his thought. "They, Monsieur Pretre, are around every corner here in The Underground." With that, Lucas's chuckle began to be followed up by the course laughter of the Cajiun skull hanging on the wall behind him.

@Axel1313

Sisceal's eyes widened in panic. He snatched the mirror out of Luca's hands and stared at the mark on his neck through it. "Oooh if the Bishop wasn't going to kill me before he certainly is now..." He muttered to himself as he felt the area around the mark on his neck. His breathing was labored as he tried to keep himself from going into all out panic mode. Bolting right now in a place he had no clue about would be a bad idea. "You...you've got to be lying...this.. 'Underground' place is just a joke...it has to be. Just like that smart talkin' head is definitely nothing but a fake...I'm just...I must have hit my head with that arse in the alley attacked me and am hallucinating..that's it." He clutched his chest as he heart pounded against it wildly.

@zCrookedz

Jimbo shifted at the sound of being called a fake, making the shells and smaller bones attached to his strings jostled and clattered in an angry fashion. "Oy der Boyo! Dis ere be as real as da ass kick'n Id give ya if I still had legs." Lucas chuckled at Jimbo and leveled hi out stretched hand to his hip towards the floor. The mirror in the Priests hand began to dissolve from the top down into tiny little beetles the began crawling over his hands and dropping to the floor. The tiny bugs crawled just underneath Lucas's hand and began to pile themselves up on top of one another reconstructing the cane until the end of it hit Lucas's hand and he grasped the three skulled handle.

He leaned on the cane and picked up the hat off his head and flung it over at the shrunken head. It landed sideways, a bit unnaturally against the wall on top of Jimbo who was now nothing more than muffled threats.
"Thats enough now Jimbo." Lucas looked back at the Priest and smiled. "Never did get a name there Prêtre. Or would you prefer me to keep calling you Prêtre?"

@Axel1313

Sisceal gasped sharply and lept out of his seat. Shaking his hand furiously to get the beetles off of him. He was not a fan of anything creepy or crawly like that at all. Near scared out and his mind in fact. "Don't do that!" He shot a glare at Lucas and the head spouting insults and threats at him. "My name is Sisceal..." He took in a deep breath to try and calm himself again. "And I'm assuming you are Lucas? According to that....thing."

@zCrookedz

After returning to her chambers, located just outside the reach of the royal quarters, Rose quickly uploaded the photos she had taken this morning from to her laptop. She didn't care for modern technology but she acknowledged it had its uses. Nonetheless she still refused to be tied to one of those cellular devices that have taken over the human world.

As the files transfered to the thumbdrive she took a moment to think about her options. With the Order sniffing around in search of the Underground they are causing a lot of problems. She doubted they had the wits to actually uncover its location bit still the danger of the possibility is too great. Escpecially when she herself is not entirely certian just how much the Order might already have knowledge of.

Because of this she rules out diaposing of any of its members right away. Just any other battle she has faced it is best thought of as a game. Moves and counter moves thats all.

She romoved the thumdrive and shoved it into her corset not bothering to shut down the laptop before walking out of the room. She began making her way toward the heart of the underground now where the allies were lined with shops and pubs that at any hour were filled with light and dark souls.

A muffled yelling noise came from under the hat atop Jimbo, an obvious retaliation to being called a "thing". Lucas simply chuckled to himself as he watched the hat shift on the wall a bit before returning his gaze to Sisceal. He threw his hand up in the air in an excited gesture "Finalement!! We have a name for our nearly departed Priest.Lucas I am indeed, The Undergrounds resident Witch Doctor." Lucas pointed at the stool Sisceal had been sitting in, and it vanished once again into a black mist.

Lucas pushed off with his cane and walked over to Sisceal. He wrapped an arm around the mans shoulder with his long arm and smiled at the man.
"Come now Mon Ami Sisceal. I believe I can help you track down this Vampire that attacked you. Possibly even get an apology out of them while we are at it." Lucas's smile only grew as he walked both of them towards the door of the shop.

He pushed Sisceal out the door first before he looked back at the wall his hat was stuck to and gave it a nod. The hat flew across the room and landed on his head revealing a flustered Jimbo.
"And that;s anuther ting there boyo! I...." Lucas pulled the door shut before the angry head could continue. He clapped a hand on Sisceal's shoulder and smiled again before he let him lead the way,

@Axel1313

"But I..." He hardly had time to gather his thoughts before he had an arm around his shoulder and was being led out the door. "I told ye already that they don't exist! Some psycho must have done this." He protested again, shying away from Lucas's grasp. "I that I don't have a clue where I am...I was just in an alley and then here. Not to mention I'm new in this town too, Hell, this even this country! I have to ask directions to my own apartment every day. I haven't even started on what I came here for yet because I'm so lost.."

Cole checked the time, before getting up from the rickety wooden chair. He threw a few coins at the barman, walking out the door with a swift motion, and onto the bustling street, which throbbed with business and livelihoods of each inhabitant.

He was both noticeable, yet invisible. A cloak sweeping around his feet, and mouth covering disguising the lower half of his face. His height to be admired, left him above the usual crowds. Piercing eyes flickering over his surroundings with an unsure suspicion of the littlest thing he felt to be out of place. It wasn't surprising the crowds would part like the red sea around him. Yet when the odd person or two bumped into him, they would receive a deathly glare and a barge of his shoulder... Or torso. Considering his height.

The darkly shadowed man, whom walked with graceful, albeit deadly elegance was not a man you'd think about ever approaching, unless you wanted any specific jobs done. He didn't have a permanent address. For obvious reasons. His home would go from renting out a house, to a hotel room, or anyplace that would accept his anonymous identity and the large gracious amounts of money, to keep their lips sealed.

Lucas chuckled as Sisceal rambled a bit. "I can assure you Sisceal, there are indeed Psycho's down here in the Underground. But I am sure that was not what attacked you." Thinking back to what Sisceal had said about his drink being spiked. He figured the man had been at a bar close by so that's where they would look around first.

Lucas new the area fairly well. He had been living in the Underground for a few years now and new of a few bars that were close by. Turning the corner of his alleyway, Lucas looked on at the bustle of Fae and others going about their daily business. Though he normally kept himself to the shadows of the city, he new that Fae world was home to both creatures of light and darkness. Light or Darkness, you still wanted to keep an eye on Fae folk. Lucas didn't normally trust the Fae folk, but they were good for business. Specially the dark ones.

Lucas lead Sisceal to a bar on the corner of the street and stood outside the door with both hands on his cane looking up at the building.
"Well now Sisceal. Is this the fine drinking establishment you were in earlier?"

@Axel1313

"No..no.. Definitely not the place." He rubbed his temple. "It was uh....the one on 5th avenue. The one across from that run down looking motel and pawn shop." He looked around for any sort of landmark he would recognize. There was nothing, absolutely nothing. Not even a single street sign..at least none that he could read. "Am I in some weird district where everybody dresses up like freaks?" He asked in a very honest and confused tone. He truly had not a single clue what was going on around him or where he had ended up.

@zCrookedz

His mental debate seemed to carry on for hours. Every time that Atlas came close to a set answer, he just made up another reason to continue the internal argument. It was stupid. There were benefits and downsides to both; and most of them were just theoretical scenarios. Like, he could find something extremely important if he kept digging, or he could just be wasting his time. The possibility of being caught was very realistic, but he could avoid that by heading straight back to the Underground without further hesitation.

But, what if he did find out something crucially important? What then? This would be an opportunity wasted, and his fellow freaks would just be kept in the dark about possible life-or-death deciding information. What if this was his one chance to overhear a specific string of words? What if him hearing it lead to a future of freedom and acceptance?

What if he was just bullshitting himself and nothing like that existed?

With a frustrated groan, the Wraith leaned forward. He propped his elbows on his thighs, and buried his face into his hands. Gritting his teeth, the raven tried to make up his mind.

The keeper was quite perplexed, not to mention furious, by what he heard. "You're looking for the princess?" He asked slowly, the tone of his voice was obviously anything but pleasant. "So I assume that she is missing, correct? She managed to escape from you, a giant, and several other guards? On her own?" He asked him. "Has it ever occurred to you that she might have been kidnapped? Then if it has, then what are you doing here?!?" He roared, his voice booming and was probably heard all over the city. "Conduct a search at once! Her safety is of top priority!" He shouted his commands, pushing the giant away as if he was nothing but a kid. There wasn't a lot of times when he panicked, but when he does, he might hurt those around him, both emotionally and physically. He would be leading the search himself, but he doubt he could easily traverse the city. "I will stay here and look out for anyone who might try to sneak in and out of the city." He said, resuming his vigil.

@Beowulf

Lucas raised an eyebrow to Sisceal denying that this is was the bar he had been at. He scratched his chin as he pondered the best way to get there. He hadn't imagined he had made it all the way down from 5th avenue. Lucas turned back towards the street of hustling and bustling, his can clicking against the ground as he continued towards 5th avenue. Hearing Sisceal speak up Lucas chuckled a bit, "To those who live in The Underground, you are the one who is the freak Pretre." Lucase pulled on the brim of his hat a tad bit as they walked along the streets. A few Fae turned their heads and glanced as the two men walked along. Even with having lived in The Underground for so long now, the Fae here still gave him sidways glances from time to time as he strolled along. To try and keep Sisceal from being either annoyed, or disturbed, by the looks; Lucas looked over his shoulder at the man. "You said you had not begun what you intended to do here. Mind if I ask what that might be?"

@Axel1313

"I am starting to pick up on that at least....I feel like a complete outsider here.." He scratched the side of his head. Keeping his gaze more locked on Lucas to avoid any of their strange glances. "I don't know where we're going now, but I don't think this is anywhere near where I was." He sighed heavily. At least he perked up a bit more when there was a subject changed. It was something to get his mind off of the issues at the moment. "Oh, I was sent here by the church to find and 'exorcise' demons in the city. Of course I have a feeling that is not the real reason. I know the bishop just wanted an excuse to be rid of me instead of simply kicking me out, it looks better for him."

@zCrookedz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back