• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Underground

"Thank you, chief. Hopefully your day is going also," Penelope said retreating into her robot like tone. Her body however, froze at the mention of her anniversary, but she could not help but feel a grin growing on her face. "Of course I'm up for the mission Chief," she said with smile widening, a very rare occurrence. "You know I'd never turn one down."

As Penelope listened to the specifics of her mission her smile fell back into its neutral expression. Penelope despised the thought of keeping one of those far bastards alive. To her they were merely unruly creatures that, like bugs, needed to be exterminated. Yet Penelope knew better then to go against her boss's orders, especially when it came to directly interacting with the fae. Keeping a calm attitude, Penelope responded once again. "Got it Chief. Capture a fae, interrogate them and although the offer is nice in going to have to think about that drink." Penelope paused to collect some of her thoughts. "Before I head out Chief, are there any specifics towards the fae you want me to find?"

@Meowfyre

Buras cringed at the words of the towering colossus. There was no need to say it that loud. It's not like there were any humans down here. But he felt guilty, all the same. He was a Royal Guard, and he let the princess slip right past him. So, giving the Gate Keeper a salute, he goes at a trot down the street, yelling "Make way for the Royal Guard!" as he went.

Lucas stopped mid stride as Sisceal talked. Oh, I was sent here by the church... Rang in his head like a bit of an alarm bell. Lucas turned back around and looked Sisceal with a bit more intensity. Most humans, if they were lucky enough, stumbled upon The Underground. Weather it by wondering into its entrance when they got lost, or like Lucas had, in a text that was older then the building he found it in. But to hear that there were humans in the outside that new of The Underground, and even send their people into it. This troubled Lucas dearly.

"This Bishop that sent you, was he the only one who knew of the location of The Underground? Did he send you alone?" Lucas still maintained his demeanor as he questioned Sisceal, but deep down he wanted to know they detail of this mission he had been sent on, and weather a threat needed to be eliminated. As Lucas stood watching Sisceal, he heard a distant rumble of a very large voice as it made its way down the street. Lucas turned over his shoulder to see the giant of a guard Buras making his way down the street. He seemed to be in a bit of a rush and appeared to be looking for something. Lucas turned back to Sisceal and gave him a quick shove sideways into a darkened alley to attempt to get him out of the giants line of sight in case it was Sisceal he was looking for.

@Axel1313 @Beowulf

"Mmhmm. I'm completely alone here." Sisceal responded as calmly as he could as he was shoved into an alleyway. He was trying not to question things right now to keep himself from losing it. "But I highly doubt he knows a single thing about this place, he's got his head so far up his arse I'm surprised he can see anything at all." He crossed his arms over his chest. "And before ye ask, I wouldn't dare tell him about this place, it'd just give him an excuse to lock me up for good."

@zCrookedz

As ran, he saw the witch doctor. It wouldn't have been the first time the Royal Guard had to deal with practitioners of the dark arts. Dark though they may be, they sure as hell had their uses. And for all he knew, they hired this man's services before. How did he know he was a witch doctor? Simple, it was how he dressed. Only a witch doctor would dress like that in a place like this. Slowing down, he stops in front of the man, not seeing the human priest. "You, witch doctor. I need help finding someone. And I need it kept quiet."

Lucas looked up at the Giant as he stopped. Great, He thought to himself as the lumbering figure haulted and made his way towards him. Lucas tried to stay away from the royalty of The Underground, the more he stayed in the shadows the better. But every now and then he would have to do something for them. Mostly party tricks when they would through their get togethers, never anything sinsiter. But now the giant was asking for secracy in locating someone, which mad Lucas question what it was that the great beast of a giant had lost. Lucas used his cane to push the Priest further back into the shadows of the alley as he leaned against the building next to him, tipping his top hat at the brim as the giant aproached. "Ah master Buras. What can this hummble witch doctor do for you today eh? We havnt lost master Diethelm have we?"

@Axel1313 @Beowulf

Giving a rather confused look to the witch doctor, Buras glances towards the massive figure of the Keeper before returning his attention to the man in front of him. "No, it's more urgent. Is there somewhere private we can speak?" he asked, already reaching for the man's arm to guide him out. And partially to make sure he wouldn't try to bolt on him.

At the sight of the lumbering beast standing before them Sisceal gulped and shrunk back into the shadows. He felt like he was going to lose his mind just staring at that thing! And it wasn't even the most terrifying thing there. Not to mention that all he could do was sit there and pray to God that Lucas would get him out of there as soon as possible...somehow.

@zCrookedz @Beowulf

rosamortelle said:
"Thank you, chief. Hopefully your day is going also," Penelope said retreating into her robot like tone. Her body however, froze at the mention of her anniversary, but she could not help but feel a grin growing on her face. "Of course I'm up for the mission Chief," she said with smile widening, a very rare occurrence. "You know I'd never turn one down."
As Penelope listened to the specifics of her mission her smile fell back into its neutral expression. Penelope despised the thought of keeping one of those far bastards alive. To her they were merely unruly creatures that, like bugs, needed to be exterminated. Yet Penelope knew better then to go against her boss's orders, especially when it came to directly interacting with the fae. Keeping a calm attitude, Penelope responded once again. "Got it Chief. Capture a fae, interrogate them and although the offer is nice in going to have to think about that drink." Penelope paused to collect some of her thoughts. "Before I head out Chief, are there any specifics towards the fae you want me to find?"

@Meowfyre
@Meowfyre

Moping wasn't going to do anyone any good. Taking a deep breath, Atlas climbed to his feet. He swayed a bit, and had to blink back a d few dark spots from how quickly he had performed the action. But, other than that, he was completely fine. The raven stepped back further into the shadows, and away from the dim streetlamp that had previously stood above him and his chosen bench.

His golden eyes did a quick sweep of the area in order to make sure that no one was around; or at least looking in his direction. Once he was satisfied that the coast was clear, the Wraith faded into the shadows. They sucked him in, and clung to every fiber of his being. Since it was so dark, the boy appeared to have melted into the shadow. When, in reality, it was just acting as a thin veil to hide him from prying eyes. Had it been any lighter, than someone could see his outline; with a bit of heavy observation, of course.

Using the shadows as his cover, Atlas quickly made his way back toward the Underground. He kept to the darkness, and was careful not to stray too close to any source of light. Pretty soon, the teen reached the entrance, and was able to drop his camouflage. Stepping away from his source of safety, he wandered further into the fae's secret haven. He slipped past Diethelm with a little wave of greeting; and soon came across a small group of people.

Two of which he more or less recognized, and another that was a complete stranger to him. Frowning softly, he shifted back and forth on his feet. "Um..." Maybe he should stay out of it?

(@Axel1313 @Beowulf @zCrookedz )

Lucas smiled up at the giant and he apparent confusion. Though the guard was good at his job, VERY good, he was one of the easier targets for Lucas's little jokes. But he had to be carefull not to frustrate the giant to much. HE very much liked not being a puddle of With Doctor Goo. Lucas heard the slight foot steps of Sisceal behind him, still hoping that it wasn't him the giant was looking for."Uhm, actually I'm kind of on my way somewhererrr!" It was aparent that the giant ment buisness as he grabbed hold of Lucas's arm and pulled him along to where ever he was going. As the Giant took Lucas, he noticed another of the more familiar faces of the underground had shown up. Quite a rare sight to see the young man out of his shadow as the wraith was not typically one to make his pressence so easily known. This gave Lucas an idea. Lucas took his cane and placed the end of it on the ground. An inky black shadow, about the size of a mouse shot out and towards the Wraith. When it reached his foot, it touched him and Lucas's voice began to speak to him in his mind "The man in the alley is lost. Would you be a dear and see if you can help him whil i deal with our lovable giant here?' Hopping the that the wraith would lend a hand for the time being, Lucas let the giant take him wherever he deamed private enough to relinquish the information he needed.

@Beowulf @Axel1313 @Aridis

God damn witch doctors.

Actually, Atlas very rarely had an issue with them. Normally, he thought that beings like Lucas were pretty cool. It was nice to know that he wasn't the only freak of the shadows. Still, the whole "shadow telepathy" whatever thing kind of caught him off guard. He had seen the shadow, he had suspected something was up, and yet he still basically jumped out of his own skin when the message was given.

As temping as it was for him to deny helping out, he really didn't have anything else to do tonight. Besides, it gave him a reason to snoop around a ton. The teenager didn't recognize the man at all. And, while it was basically impossible for him to memorize every face and name in the Underground, the guy didn't look even slightly familiar. Like, he didn't appear to be familiar with the fae's hiding place at all. So, of course, Atlas was starting to get really curious.

Even though Lucas' back was now turned to him, the raven gave a small salute in his direction. Turning his attention towards Sisceal, he slapped on a goofy little grin. The Wraith looked relatively human, compared to many others in the Underground; this was mainly because he spent most of his time up in the human territory gathering information. In fact, the only thing that really gave him away were his long canines and slightly pointed ears; both of which he could easily conceal.

Shoving his hands into his pockets, Atlas tilted his head to the side slightly. "So, what'cha need help with?"

(@Axel1313 )

"Wait! No! Don't go Lucas!" He whispered in a panic as the giant took him away to talk. Leaving Sisceal with this strange looking fellow. "Um..." He was at a loss for words. He'd just gotten used to the witch doctor and had no clue what this guy was. "I just need ta get back home...I a little lost."

@Aridis

"Hm...Welp. Makes sense, I guess." The boy piped up. Rocking back and forth on the balls of his feet, Atlas looked around. "So. Where d'ya live? I may not look like it, but I'm pretty good at knowing where everything is." As long as this stranger didn't live in some place that was pretty much a huge hub for Order activity. Those areas were super tight on security, and were stupidly hard to get into.

(@Axel1313 )

Buras walked with him for a while, not sure himself where to go. Then it struck him. Where would the witch doctor more then likely have everything he would need to help him? His shop, of course. "We're going to your shop." he grumbled softly, and changed his course. The only problem he worried about, was the door size. Well, he has crammed himself through small doors before. And thanks to some law or another, most doors were enchanted, so they could adjust to fit the larger folks of the underground. There was always a limit, however. And more often then not, Buras exceeded that limit.

(@zCrookedz This isn't an excuse to get Jimbo involved some more. Not at all. Shut up.)

"The west side of town. I live on the west side of town." He scratched the back of his head as he paced back and forth in the alleyway. "But I don't even know if I'm actually still in the town to begin with. This is all new to me." He motioned to the fae folk walking by the alley. "Hell, I don't even feel like I'm in the same world!"

@Aridis

The Wraith shot a small, sympathetic look in the other's direction. "I take it that absolutely nothing here looks familiar, then?" Atlas was like, at least 3% sure that the poor guy was a human, and that he just wandered in here by mistake. This would be an easy fix, it would just be smuggling him out of the Underground that would be the hardest bit.

(@Axel1313 )

"No...nothing at all. I didn't even know that a city could have a place like this. Slums, definitely, but nothing like this." He crossed his arms over his chest and leaned against the wall. He had no clue what to do. He was so used to being told where to go and what to do and knowing his purpose, but here? Here he felt like a lost child.

@Aridis

He couldn't really argue with that. Even though both the Underground and the "normal" realm were relatively similar, it was mainly the citizens that made up all of the differences. "So... I'm just going to take a wild guess and say that you're human, right?"

(@Axel1313 )

"Yeaaaah.....what else would I be?" He looked over at him curiously. He was still trying to convince himself that he was just in some odd part of town where everybody dressed up. It was the best he could do to keep his sanity at the moment. What was worse was that he couldn't even talk to anybody else about this either or they'd lock him up in the looney bin for sure.

@Aridis

Welp. That solved that bit of the "mystery." The teenager dismissed the question with the wave of his hand. "Nothin'. Just, you know, its become some kind of weird trend to not be one. Every other person thinks its cool to pretend that they're an inhuman freak. I just try to go along with it to not make anyone upset" Unfortunately, that was an actual thing.

Atlas had seen countless humans run around trying to be something that they weren't. And, no, it wasn't just those "masks" that teens wore to trick someone into thinking that they were a different person or whatever. The boy had witnessed several people purposely mutilate themselves so that they looked like a lizard or some sort of devil. He never really got why anyone would do such a thing, but it did make it a bit easier for people like him to hide out in plain sight.

"Anyways, west side, right?" He questioned, motioning for the other to follow.

And now for the next problem. How to get the human out of the Underground without freaking him out too much.

(@Axel1313 )

"Aaah. I suppose that does make a bit of sense." He laughed nervously as he rubbed the side of his neck where the marks were now. He had seen many different looking people ever since he came to this country. He was probably simply overreacting with all of this seeing as he grew up in the church for a good portion of his life and never really saw too many different places.

"Anyway." He waved away any further thoughts or worries for the moment. "Correct. The west side."

@Aridis

Wow, he really wasn't taking this whole "magic" thing all that well. Well, Atlas couldn't really blame him. Getting thrown in a completely different world than the one that you're used to is always an adventure. He could relate; if just a little bit. Glancing back at the other for a moment, he flashed off a quick cheshire-cat grin. The boy jabbed a finger in the direction of the entrance of the Underground.

"This way, aight? Try not to stare at anything too long. I never really understood it, but apparently people get offended if you do that." Even he got caught staring. The Wraith couldn't help it; some of the citizens down here just looked really cool. There was just a bit more variety in the Underground then there was above. Something about humans just shouted "WE ARE THE SAME" even when they desperately tried to look different.

And here came the biggest issue of the human staring at things for a prolonged amount of time. It was pretty damn easy to see the more... supernatural bits of the Underground. Like their beloved gatekeeper, for example. As long as you didn't stare at him long enough to pick out some traitorous details, Diethelm just looked like a regular old statue. Or a pile of rocks. Well...sort of. Not really. Hopefully just enough to not freak out Sisceal too much.

Keeping his trap shut, Atlas continued to lead the Priest toward the exit; silently praying that he wouldn't say anything about the giant freaking giant that they were passing.

(@Axel1313 )

Last edited by a moderator:
Lucas walked along with Buras, giving one last look towards Sisceal and Atlas as he was dragged along by the giant. Lucas had several run in's with Buras before. The giant was very good at his job at guarding the gates, atleast Lucas had always thought he was. Now he was begining to wonder, after all, a human priest had just made his preseance known to him and he was begining to wonder if he had strolled through the front gates or if it was possible he had gotten in another entrance. Either way, Lucas would have his own questions for Buras once they were alone. Finally, the great oaf anounce where they were going, and Lucas sighed. He had just been at home, now he was heading back there. Oh well. As they aproached the shop, Lucas wiggled free of the giants grip and straightend his attire "One moment my gargantuon friend, need to make a little room for you in the shop." Lucas walked back up the steps to his front door and opened it. Even thought the door would accomidate for Buras, Lucas didn't want him crushing any of his artifacts inside. As he walked back into the shop there was a shifting noise of bones and a string "Wel-cum to Lafluers. We gots da Voodoo.....AHY dere boyo!! Where be dat bioque of a man dat called meh a ting?" Lucas ignored the shrunken head once again as he pointed his cane towards the shelves. They began to slide to the far wall until the floor was open, and Lucas turned back towards the door as it began to stretch for Buras to enter."Alright then Buras, the floor is yours." Lucas said as he found his seat behind his desk and waited for the giant to explain himself.

@Beowulf

Buras made his way into the Voodoo shop. Nodding towards the head in greeting, he looks around the rest of the shop. Though certainly wide enough, he still had to hunch a little so his head didn't scrape the ceiling. Before telling Lucas what he was needed for, he says "I need your word that nothing that is said in here leaves." And after a second of silence, he adds "That includes you, Jimbo."

Once he got the word, he gives a satisfied nod, which jostled his helmet around slightly. "Alright then. I need you to help me find someone. I'm part of the Royal Guard, and was tasked with protecting the young princess. Now, she is missing. Whether she slipped by me or something worse I do not know."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back