• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Underground

Buras silently closed the door behind them, and the two were left with Gareth. Gareth didn't say anything for a long time, just studying the two guests with his massive draconic eyes. "And who are you to want to see my eldest." It wasn't a question, it was a command to know who they were and why they were there. "He has few friends, and none of them are a Raijuu or a Shade."

((I don't think I got it across in my last post, but Gareth is in his dragon form, @Hoki @Aridis ))

He flinched.

Hearing the great king through closed doors had been nothing in comparison to hearing him up close. Deep in his chest, the wolf gave a howl of warning, but the redhead had yet to speak, too scared in fear that he'd say the wrong thing. What was he supposed to say? All confidence he had was absolutely lost; King Gareth's appearance was already intimidating, his stare enough to collapse a steel bridge. Shion took a shaky breath and forced himself to lift his head.

His brow was furrowed with the strain of keeping the king's gaze, and he thought his limps we're going to give out beneath him. "My n-name..." the demon started with, quickly shaking his head before starting again. Stumbling over his words would get him absolutely nowhere. "My name is Shion Lester," he introduced, voice coming out stronger this time around, "I was with both princes when the Order attacked them, and did not follow into the Gateway so I could keep the Hunters occupied."

It would be stupid to wait for a new question before saying what part he truly played.. He couldn't lower his head; the king was a busy man.

"It was because of me that Vy-- That the youngest had fallen.." Shion paused, swallowing the lump in his throat. "I only wish to make sure the eldest is alright.. And to properly apologize--" Only then did his head hang in simple acceptance. "--before accepting whatever punishment comes my way."

'Good boy..' rumbled the wolf.

@Beowulf @Aridis

"...the youngest has fallen."

No way...

"It was because of me..."

Those bastards from the Order had most likely been the ones to have landed the fatal blow. He should've killed them when he had the chance, instead of apologizing like an idiot. The teen had tried to show that not all Fae were bad, but he should've ended that little prick. And his friends, too. Even if it would cost him his own life, then at least Vytas would've been avenged. To a point, at least. Shion claimed responsibility as well. While he hadn't been the one to physically murder the kid, he said that it had been his fault. If that were true, then the demon would have more than the Royal Family to answer too.

Still, the Wraith was confused. Buras had said that the youngest prince was alright. That he was "recovering." But how could one recover from death? Was there a spell that he didn't know about? Or did they just manage to save Vytas right before he actually died? His thoughts were so far elsewhere that Atlas had fallen into an extended silence. He wasn't sure how long he was out for, but it was
too long. He was hundreds of rankings below the King, he didn't have the right to make such an important person wait.

"I'm Atlas Damon..." The Wraith began. "And I don't... I'm not friends with your elder son. I'm just here to pass on information about the Order's movements. And... I don't have much of that, either."

@Hoki @Beowulf

Gareth continued the silence after Atlas spoke. His stare Weighing on them like a mountain. But eventually he spoke. "The Vytas is alive. He fell ill and is now recovering. There are already rumors, but I want them to stay rumors. Am I understood? Good. You will give me your reports on the Order's movements to me personally. And since you are willing to accept punishment I shall give you one. You are to attend and assist the guard Buras. His hands are already full trying to keep Austere from burning the castle down. He will put you to good use." As he spoke, his eyes flicked to the person that his orders would make sense for. "I thank you for your friendship with my son, but now that you have been introduced to this game I will make sure you play it right. Do not do anything you aren't absolutely sure will not put the Royal Family in a bad light. And keep aware of those who wish to get close to you, so they can get close to my son. There are many fae who want to have some sort of power, not all of them with good intentions. You are dismissed."

The entire response had his mind tumbling like a broken machine. One, Vytas was alive and recovering - that much made his eyes water a bit, but he kept the overwhelming emotion to himself. Hearing that the small boy was okay came as a great relief, and Shion found himself giving a small breath. And of course he would request for the rumors to remain as such; should news get out about what had happened, then the entire Underground would undoubtedly fall to chaos.

At the mention of the punishment, the redhead braced himself for whatever would come his way. He was expecting at least three hundred years in the torment, and at the most extreme a brutal death. To attend and assist Buras was the very last thing he had expected. Shion's eyes widened and his head quickly snapped to attention. Even though he was in the presence of the King, even though he was to keep himself collected and show respect, there was now stopping the sudden drop of his jaw.

A pawn in the game.. To keep the Royal Family in good light.. To be wary of all and protect... Was this really happening?!

They were dismissed and there was nothing more that the demon could do other than give a "thank you" and a bow of the head. Shion got to his feet and started back for the door; whether or not Atlas followed immediately or gave the King whatever notes he had was up to the Wraith, because the younger male was in too much of a daze at that point. Once back in the large hall, he let his mind wrap itself around what had just happened. Lifting his head, he looked for the large guard he had assumed was just waiting there.

@Beowulf @Aridis

Wait... So Vytas only got sick?

He was so confused. But it definitely lined up with two of the three stories that he had heard about the matter; so he wouldn't question it. Out loud, at least. One thing was for certain, he definitely wouldn't go around spreading rumors. Atlas
knew that even the faintest scent of danger, even if it was only imagined, would send the entire Underground into chaos. He knew that fact more than anyone. And he had been lectured about it hundreds of times; just about every time he handed in his notes, in fact. Even if they weren't just rumors, and were hardcore facts, it was his job to stay tight-lipped on the subject.

Once the King was finished talking, the Wraith nodded and climbed to his feet. He didn't dare make eye contact with the dragon, or with Shion; the latter being because he was still secretly pissed at the demon. He pulled his notebook out of his back pocket and made his way up to where the powerful being sat.

@Hoki @Beowulf

The eldest prince sat with his head between his hands at his chair again after moving away from the window. His room was in shambles and hair strung out all over the floor now, but he had cooled down. Or at least worn himself out to the point of falling asleep. Warm tears streamed down his face, adding a hint of red to his amber eyes and creating dark circles under his eyes.

He still wanted to be furious, but just could not anymore. Not with all of his energy being drained from the eventful day and struggles against the guards. He could barely keep his eyes open. At least on the positive side his poor room would suffer no more, although as for those who discovered the state of it and his new appearance there may be more to come.

@Aridis @Beowulf @Hoki

(Where the fudge do we do OOC? Am I blind? Can I not see what we need to do?) 

Buras hurriedly pushed himself off the wall he was leaning against when he heard the door open and stood to attention, pretending that he had always been like that. Then he bothered to look over to see that it was Shion. "I'm guessing by that stupid look on your face you aren't going to be executed." he said to him. "Well, if you aren't dead then my guess is that you can see Austere. Come with me, he should be in his room." And with that, Buras turned to walk down the hall, occasionally making sure Shion was following him.

@Hoki @Axel1313

Gareth first eyed the Wraith as he approached him, and then the notebook when it was offered to him. Gently taking it with a massive claw, something that few would admit looked funny at this time, he sets it down nearby to be read later. "I assume that you have been keeping as close an eye as possible on the Order. Good, that is what needs to be done. We are now at war, the past skirmishes between us and them leading up to this. I want them to know what it means to fight the Underground, or any Sanctuary for that matter. Keep doing your duty of tracking the Order, but I'm going to give you another mission. Hunt down like minded individuals, those that want to strike out at the Order, and gather them together. I will sort through them myself, you just have to find them."

@Aridis

Yeah, execution wasn't on his agenda apparently.  Nodding rather dumbly, Shion scurried after the guard once he realized that he had actually moved. So he was going to see Austere... Like he had with the King, the demon became self conscious about his tattered and dirty appearance, ears turning red when his hands raised to smooth the locks of hair that stuck up weirdly. He'd have to apologize to him as well, for the danger he had ultimately put him in, and complete his main goal of making sure he was okay. Then he would get out of his hair forever-- Well, maybe not forever.. The King's 'punishment' still bounced about in his head, brows furrowing thoughtfully.

He'd have to mention it to Buras later; someone of a higher power would probably inform him anyways.

Shion finally paid attention to his surroundings, jaw going slack in awe at the sheer majesty of the castle halls as they walked to the eldest prince's room. Seeing as how he had never been there before, or had any sort of interaction with someone of a higher standing, everything just took him by surprise; thank goodness his head no longer hurt, or else he would be a bigger mess.

@Beowulf @Axel1313

Last edited by a moderator:
Soon enough Buras reached Austere's room, which looked a bit worse for wear on the outside even after they put the muzzle on him. And with him under the giants arm. Now that's saying something. Aside from the soot and slightly charred door, it fit in with the castle nicely. "Well, here it is. I'll be right outside if you need me. Yell if you do. Real loud for trouble, I can barely hear you if you need something." he said with a smile and a pat on the back. "Now off with ya, I think seeing you'll be good for him."

@Hoki @Axel1313

Just seeing the state of the poor bedroom door, Shion had this sudden sneaking suspicion that he was going to die. There was no reason for it (except for the obvious one) but it still made him nervous; then Buras had to go and say that he'd be waiting outside, and that the demon should yell as loud as he could manage if he needed something. Like help for example. He was gonna die. Nodding slightly, he swallowed the lump in his throat and started for the door, shoved forward by the friendly but incredibly strong pat on the back.

"...seeing you'll be good for him."

Was Austere really in such a state that the presence of a lowly wolf would help him? That was...shocking (ba dum tss).

@Beowulf

Shion gave a knock on the door, initially being quite timid about it before realizing that he may be left unheard, adding a bit more strength into it so that it rattled the door slightly. "Aus--" The Raijuu quickly stopped himself, finding that it may have been disrespectful to call the eldest prince by his first name. "Er... Sir?"  Nailed it. When he'd receive some kind of response, Shion pushed the heavy door open and entered the room, turning his back to Austere as he closed the door softly behind him. Because of both his current physical state and own shock from the King, he was nervous.

Like an idiot.

@Axel1313

"Come in." The prince responded back with a ragged, gravely voice. His throat was sore from the rage he had been in. " Wiping his face clean on his sleeve and slicking his greatly shortened hair back he turned to face Shion. "You don't have to turn your back to me, or call me sir either. Not after you helped my brother and I up there." He stared at Shion calmly with those burning amber eyes. The shy little boy he'd once been was all but gone now.

@Hoki

The sheer power of Austere's gaze was overwhelming to say the least, but the ancient spirit within that fleshy mass was seemingly unfazed.. Sorta. He could feel no anger or hatred either way. Taking a breath to calm himself, Shion turned around and got a good look at the prince, eyes widening when he saw both the shortened length of his hair and the poor locks that littered the floor. "Your- Your hair is..!" 

Stating the obvious would only waste time, so the demon bit his tongue and didn't finish his sentence. Discussing hairstyles - like his own, soot covered locks - hadn't initially been on his agenda. "Are you..." Shion started with slowly, raising his sky blue gaze so that it would rest softly on the face of the older male, "Are you okay, Austere..? You're not hurt?"

@Axel1313

"I know. Far more fitting now." He spoke without hesitation about it. The prince new exactly what he'd done to his long braid and didn't have a single ounce of regret for it. "I'm fine now, a few scrapes, bruises and shallow bullet wounds but I am perfectly fine. It appears you are the same way." He looked he demon up and down with a firm gaze. "I'm assuming at least, you received the proper treatment or will be soon enough for any injuries?"

@Hoki

He nodded slightly in response, though it wasn't exactly the truth. "I'm fine," Shion told him, tightening the jacket around his body, "I didn't- I didn't get hurt.." Saying it out loud made him feel horrible about himself; the person who was unimportant enough to die without any repercussions made it out with little to no physical harm. If anything, he probably faired the best.. Hanging his head in apology, the demon brought himself to do what he had initially intended; "I'm really sorry about everything," the teen quickly said, "I have no words to describe just how sorry I am, and I'm even sorry about that."

But his punishment would have to make up for it, right? That's why the King had given him such an unexpected one?

@Axel1313

Last edited by a moderator:
"What are you apologizing for? For those beasts attacking us for no reason? For what they did to us?" He walked closer to stare down at the demon coolly. "You don't need to apologize for a single thing Shion. "Don't apologize for what happened and don't apologize for making it out unharmed....I'm the one who could have said no and dragged him back to the palace...but I'm not going to make that mistake again."

@Hoki

He had no words left to say, continuing to keep his head down for only a moment longer before lifting it. The way Austere spoke...made it seem like he was the one who must change - the one who actually did change. Eyes widening slightly, Shion's gaze flickered over to the chopped locks of hair for a brief second. Because then it was made clear to him that Austere had indeed changed, and him cutting his hair off was his resolve - or something of the like. The demon then nodded, returning his line of sight to Austere's face. He had steeled his expression and decided that he was done with apologizing and feeling bad. Something he should've decided earlier, really..

"Okay.."

@Axel1313

"Now leave, Shade, you have a task to complete." Gareth said, lazily waving a massive claw towards the door. "You will know where to find me when you have completed it. But please, inform me of your coming so I don't accidentally kill you." That was no joke. War had started, and it was only a matter of time before the Order found an entrance that they could reliably use. He did not want to end up dead and leaving the Underground without a leader and in a panic. It would make his son's task as the next king all the harder and make it easier for the Order.

Once the Shade had left the room, a massive draconian eye locked onto a corner of the room. Where two walls and a ceiling met he sensed it. A minuscule amount of magic potential compared to his. A candle compared to the sun. But he had sensed it, and the energy belonged a small fairy. "Go find your queen, little one. There are things I must discuss with her." No doubt she'd also find out about his little meeting with the shade from that fairy as well, there was no telling how long it had been there but he was positive it had been there for at least that long.

@Axeykins

"So, what we gonna do now?" Connor asked, swinging his legs back and forth as he sat on a chair that was just tall enough to let his legs dangle. The arm that was broken by that monster was in a sling across his chest. A hindrance in the hunt, but not as bad is a complete cast would have been. He could at least still use his hand. And plenty of guns only ever needed one hand to be fired.

(sooooooooorrryyyy! Forgot!)

"Let's go. We should see how my brother is doing." Austere inhaled as he brushed his short locks back out of his face. He motioned for Shion to follow him as he pushed his way past Buras. "I'm going to the throne room. Make sure the servants know that my room needs tending to." He shot the giant a steely glace out of the corner of his eye. He wasn't going to take no as an answer this time.

~~in the throne room~

"Yes sir, of course sir. I shall fetch her right away." The small fairy bowed respectfully before darting off. It took hardly any  time at all for the little creature to fetch it's queen. For she had been waiting just out in the courtyard as Gareth tended to his son. It was the respectful thing to do in the moment and as powerful as she may be, arguing with a dragon as old and stubborn as him was not worth the headache.

@Aridis@Hoki@Beowulf

"What we do now is wait a few days for you to heal some, get the chief and go bag whatever that thing is we got that tracker on." Anton stood as they finished bandaging the last of his wounds. "We'll go in with a little extra firepower too this time. they will not catch us off guard."

@Beowulf@rosamortelle

The demon scurried after Austere, giving Buras a small nod of greeting - and farewell - before returning his gaze to the prince's back. His nerves had come back at the mention of visiting Vytas, but they were incredibly numbed at that point. It was fine. It didn't matter just yet. As they continued down the halls, Shion found his hand wandering into his pant pockets. For a moment, he had to confirm whether or not he still had all of his coins, all of his "bullets" just to occupy himself.

It's not like this whole ordeal was a damn walk in the park for one's mental state, you know.

@Axeykins (name change agh) @Beowulf@Aridis

As soon as the fairy left, Gareth decided to return to his more human form and get dressed. Being a dragon helped and all, but it was simply rude to flaunt his heritage in front of people. Of course a Great Fairy like Uno had an equally grand heritage, but then again she frankly didn't flaunt the fact either. And right as he was taking a seat in a chair, the doors opened and in came Uno. "Come, take a seat. I have things I must discuss with you." he said, pointing to a chair across from him. In between the two chairs was a table, naturally. "Would you like anything to drink before I begin?" he asked respectfully.

@Axeykins

Users who are viewing this thread

Back