• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Underground

Alexis

She listened to what Marius spoke of,  studying how he easily pushed off her odd behavior,"Yeah." She chuckled nervously. She took a few more bites of her food and a drink of water, she listened as Marius explained what his boss would do to him. "I would take blame, though I do fear as to what he would do with me." She gulped at the thought. She turned her eyes back onto him as he explained and she agreed,"That's understandable, anyways I'm finished eating." She announced, getting up from her seat. As she stood up, she stretched herself out and looked to see that she hate more than half her plate. @Axeykins

"I can guarantee not much. Seeing as I'm the only other one with keys to his place." He laughed merrily. "So you wouldn't have to worry about much at all. Maybe a scolding but that's the extent of things." He waved the waitress over to them to get their ticket and a box. "I'll just get my food to go. I'm not terribly hungry, had a bite not too long ago." He grinned. Pulling out the amount for their bill in entirely in cash. With a nice bonus for their waitress as well. "Ready to go?"

@Lady RP

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"That could work." She tilted her head curiously. "But who would you send to represent us? Magic is a very great possibility but we will have to choose a good representative. As I cannot see someone like you or I going. It is too much of a risk to our well being when our people need us the most and there is not one to take the throne yet. We must ensure that the other leaders around the world are alerted to this plan as well. The more minds we pull together on this the easier it may be and the more representatives we may have. They cannot deny proof if there are many many instances of it around the globe." She sipped her tea contemplatively. "I wish I could offer the services of my best representative but alas, he has rejected our existence for many years now. However, all of my magic is at your disposal.

@Beowulf

"Don't look at me like that. You know the rules for this job." Anton glared back at Connor. "Just remember that we only need him alive long enough to get some info out of him. And until we get that, you get to have a little fun with a loooot of the  'toys' you love and they're going to get you some new ones to play with too. Gotta get the info out of him somehow don't we? Then we get him to lead us to the mother load and you get to do what you love best to your heart's content. Sound good? If yes then get in there and go get him!"

@Beowulf

Austere shot Shion a nasty icy glare, but new he was correct. Such thoughts were not needed now. With a frustrated sigh he softened his expression. "It's....nothing really...We will talk about it later, okay?  When you're feeling better and can better understand." He glanced at Shion, one to let him know he wanted to talk about this later.  Figure out how they may go about it. "How about for now we get you up on your feet again and get something to eat huh?" He forced a soft smile. "We will raid the kitchen for all of the sweets we possibly can! Be the scourge of the servants and chefs like the good old times. Maybe you can help me fix my hair again too, it's gotten horribly messy and I've suddenly gotten a need for new decorations for it as. well." He Loosened his grip on his brother slightly.

@Hoki@Aridis

(Took a while but i've broken away from FFXV long enough to get replies XD )

"Don't worry," Shion would repeat, hand quickly retracting itself from the eldest's shoulder. "It's really nothing you should worry about; we're all just tired." Not a lie either. Well, as far as he knew, Vytas would be tired for an incredibly long time and he himself was drained in so many ways... He was just rolling on electricity from a different source at that point. Nestled deep in his chest, the wolf only huffed.

The red head ran a hand through his hair, a few singed bits crumbling under his fingers. "Food is good.. Water, too.. Maybe some juice?" Even as he listed, his sky eyes flickered over to Austere, who seemed to be putting up too much of a front. But how would he know, right? Shion was an absolute stranger to these two, so he definitely didn't know how they were like in their home life. God.... He felt so out of place.

@Axeykins @Aridis

The confusion still remained and might've grown a bit stronger. Vytas couldn't complain, though. It was his secret wish to be able to go back to a time where his brother wasn't princely and responsible; or as much as he was currently. Even just a bit of attention was greatly appreciated. So under normal circumstances, Vytas would accept the sudden change and happily go along with it. He still planned to do so now, but he couldn't help but be a little suspicious. Both Austere and Shion were acting strangely, after all. 

Tiredly smiling, the young, kind of sickly looking child nodded. "Okay! I found some new passageways that go to the kitchen. I wanna show you guys them, the servants don't know about them yet!" He hoped that he wasn't going to regret showing his secret spots. It was already hard enough to move around the castle, so Vytas hoped that his brother wouldn't sell him out. Shion probably wouldn't, since he seemed like a nice and cool person. But his older brother had responsibilities and such now. 

@Axeykins @Hoki

"I think our first steps in this should be informing the other Sanctuaries of this plan. I'm sure my Eastern cousins will trust my wisdom on this matter, as will many leaders if you openly support this plan. It's the Dwarfs of the mountains that I fear will resist us the most. They are rooted in the old ways and have a book filled with grudges as tall as a table, many of them against humans, specifically hunters. They will form their council of Longbeards and grumble about slights that happened centuries ago, ones that many save for them forgot. In the meantime, while we persuade the others, we can begin taking our second step and find a suitable representative. If we cannot get them to agree, then all we will have done is waste time."

@Axeykins

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Fine." Connor said, throwing just one duffel bag over his shoulder instead of the usual two. "He just has to live, right?" he asked, a hopeful look on his face as he readied himself to enter into the unknown. Like he cared if it was the unknown, the amount of firepower he had in that one duffel bag was enough to arm a squad.

"I can guarantee not much. Seeing as I'm the only other one with keys to his place." He laughed merrily. "So you wouldn't have to worry about much at all. Maybe a scolding but that's the extent of things." He waved the waitress over to them to get their ticket and a box. "I'll just get my food to go. I'm not terribly hungry, had a bite not too long ago." He grinned. Pulling out the amount for their bill in entirely in cash. With a nice bonus for their waitress as well. "Ready to go?"

@Lady RP

Alexis

She heard him speak as she gathered her things up, making sure everything was where it was suppose to be. She smiled as he explained that scolding would have been the worse punishment if the apartment was a mess. Chuckling she threw her small sack over her shoulders and lifted her guitar case with her music notes in the other hand. She froze when he said he had a bite not too long ago, she spoke,"Yes I am ready to go, but what do I smell like to you?" She asked, wondering if her scent was enticing to him to bite her. Since it got warm, she now had only a shirt on; her thin jacket wrapped around her waist, leaving her upper body though covered by a long sleeve shirt, her neck was now more exposed. @Axeykins

Austere's face fell to a frown. "Vytas.....why didn't you tell me about these earlier?..." The frown morphed into a pout. "Gods....I've had to sneak around this place the hard way for YEARS and you knew of secret passages? You little brat." He teasingly scolded. His gaze turning back to Shion, far more friendly this time. "Juice is a very good idea. If I know my brother here well. Nothing gets him back on his feet as fast as sugar does. And maybe the crash later will help him sleep better as well. So, come on. Let's get going before father finishes his meeting with Lady Una.

@Aridis@Hoki

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Give them enough mead and a feast of the ages and a Dwarf will agree to almost anything." A light laugh escaped her lips. As proper as she appeared she was no stranger to finding easy and lower was to persuade others into an agreement more in her favor. "We should send word to the other leaders immediately. As for that representative. Do you have any in mind? or a plan to seek one soon? I shall send my fairies out as well if need be to extend our area of search."

@Beowulf

Sisceal was set up in his study, if you could even call it that. More of a...entire wall and a half of books, coffee table, musty old leather chair and fireplace in a tiny living area. He was reading up books on odd runes and fairy tales. Seeing if he could find something, anything to make what happened today make more sense. It had to have been a bad hallucination or dream. He was sleep deprived for sure and stress from his job sending him halfway across the globe didn't help either. Sipping his coffee and resting his feet on the old coffee table he let himself get lost in reading.

"Okay. Go!! I'll follow you in alright? In this part of the mission, I'm your backup." Anton opened the door for Connor. Motioning him to move inside. "Also I gotta make sure you don't kill him and can't really do that when in the line of attack. Anywho, go get him tiger."

@Beowulf

"That's an odd question." He chuckled. Stepping closer so he could get a better read on her scent. "Hmmm....I smell the saltiness of some sweat and beneath that. You smell rather sweet to me. ad it's not just whatever perfume or artificial scent you're wearing" At this distance his keen hearing picked up on the more rapid beat of her heart. "You don't need to be so nervous around me. Although, I can't blame you too much." He grinned. "I don't bite....very hard at least and know what it's like to be around a creature of myths and legends."

@Lady RP

"That's an odd question." He chuckled. Stepping closer so he could get a better read on her scent. "Hmmm....I smell the saltiness of some sweat and beneath that. You smell rather sweet to me. ad it's not just whatever perfume or artificial scent you're wearing" At this distance his keen hearing picked up on the more rapid beat of her heart. "You don't need to be so nervous around me. Although, I can't blame you too much." He grinned. "I don't bite....very hard at least and know what it's like to be around a creature of myths and legends."

@Lady RP

Alexis

She smiled as he commented on her question, then heard him talking how he could smell the saltiness of her sweat, but underneath she smelled sweet. She blushed lightly and even more when he heard her heartbeating rapidly. She forgot that he can do that. She fluttered her eyes up at him, beginning to walk out though, "I'm not nervous for that reason at all...Maybe because your..." She trailed off in a tease. @Axeykins

Last edited by a moderator:
He had been given a job, but he still felt nervous about something. It might've just been because of his quick attachment to the male, but Atlas couldn't help but check on his new human friend. Waiting until he was out of the castle and back onto the streets of the Underground, the Wraith pulled out his phone. His fingers practically flew across the buttons as he typed in a number, and it wasn't long until he was holding the device up to his ear. 

"Come on..." He muttered. "Please answer..." Why the hell were murderous butterflies kamikazeing themselves in his stomach? He literally only just left Sisceal, nothing bad could've happened this quickly. 

@Axeykins

He chuckled to himself, completely amused by Austere's little complaint as the trio would soon begin their little adventure through the secrets of the castle. It would be a lie if he said he didn't feel out of place, but he had no business complaining either. Shion looked over the two brothers, keeping a small, soft smile on his face all the while. Austere's less hostile expression when he spoke to the demon again was relieving, to say the least, and he nodded in agreement. Their "sneaking" would cause problems if they got caught; the princes less so, considering what had just happened.

@Axeykins@Aridis

Smiling a bit awkwardly, Vytas snickered. He rubbed the back of his neck and shrugged --and also regretted both actions because of the sudden hot soreness--. "I had a lot of time to find them when I was by myself. It wasn't hard, although you have to be careful about coming out, or else you can't use the passages again." Under the blankets, he was feeling hot and sticky. His short fever had caused the soft comfort to transform into a sort of oven. Some cold juice, and some time adventuring with the two (suspicious) males in front of him seemed like a wonderful idea. Wiggling a bit away from his brother, Vytas pulled the covers off of him and quickly tried to stand up. On a normal day, the speed would've made him dizzy and see spots. However, after losing so much blood, it was an especially bad idea. 

The young Prince didn't only see spots, his vision blacked out completely for a few seconds. A feeling of cold weightlessness overtook him. Vytas was only vaguely aware of the fact that he was falling, and reached out a hand in order to grab the bedpost. By the time that he was able to see clearly again, he was lying on the floor; his hip and shoulder hurting from the impact with the ground. "Oooooooooow." Having learned his lesson, Vytas moved a bit more slowly when he tried to push himself back up. "...'jus got up too fast." He muttered. So, running to the passageways was no longer an option. Good to know. 

@Axeykins @Hoki

"They do tend to forget just long enough when that happens." Gareth replied, a smile hidden behind his cup. "I'll write a letter to everyone shortly. And I'll also send some of my agents out to find a suitable representative, I'd appreciate any help you and your fairies can provide in that search. And I'm sure that if your candidate were to get a letter from either you or me, perhaps even a visit, they could be persuaded. Of course, a little pressure on their neck wouldn't hurt either."

@Axeykins

---------------------------------------------

Connor pulled out an uzi as the door was opened for him and he walked in. He might not be able to kill the guy, but he was willing to bet that he didn't need a couple fingers or toes.But first he had to find the guy, then he could see if he was right in his thinking. "Hello? Room service!"

"VYTAS!" Austere was quick to help him get back up off of the ground. Holding him firmly so he would not fall again. "TAKE IT....ahem" He paused to take his tone down from screaming to calm once more. "Let's take it slow. okay? You're obviously not feeling well still so Shion and I will help you through the passages. Just....tell us where they are and we'll go there." He smiled softly at the young boy. Reaching out to wipe away some of the sweat on his forehead with his long sleeve. It needed to be washed desperately anyway. "So, where are we off to first?"

@Aridis@Hoki

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I shall send my fairies out to not only help deliver the messages but search for possible representatives as well." She stared Gareth directly in the eyes as she spoke. Stoic manner unwavering and strong. "As for who I've got in mind as a possibility. You may try, but he is not a believer as he used to be. He wishes to deny us and call us nothing but legend,but I know that is impossible. He knows much more than he wants to admit and accept he does and tries to run, but. You know how it is with us fairies. Once chosen you can never escape. If you wish to go that path it should not take much to break him down and bring him back. My fairies have been chiseling away for years now."

@Beowulf

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sisceal had barely gotten up to go answerthe phone when he heard the door swing open and a strange voice. "What in God's name...." He carefully crept around the corner of the living room to sneak a peek at the front door. "Who goes there?!" He called out cautiously. "This is a private apartment, leave now and I won't press charges. Only call the police on your sorry ass!" The priest picked up a heavy lamp from a nearby side table and prepared to take a swing at whoever was around the corner.

@Beowulf

@Hoki

@Lady RP(I'll respond to your post asap tomorrow!!)

Last edited by a moderator:
"You can't fool me hun. I can hear and smell that you're nervous." He grinned mischievously as he followed her out. "One of the benefits to being completely blind, all of your other senses are greatly enhanced." He had quickened his step simply to teasingly whisper it into her ear. Flashing her yet another sly, fanged grin. "Now then, to my Boss's apartment? It should not be terribly far from here and I'm sure you're dying to get there already hm?"

@Lady RP

"You can't fool me hun. I can hear and smell that you're nervous." He grinned mischievously as he followed her out. "One of the benefits to being completely blind, all of your other senses are greatly enhanced." He had quickened his step simply to teasingly whisper it into her ear. Flashing her yet another sly, fanged grin. "Now then, to my Boss's apartment? It should not be terribly far from here and I'm sure you're dying to get there already hm?"

@Lady RP

Alexis

She was now blushing rapidly as she felt his warm breath tickle her ear, whispering in her ear. She gave a gullible smile in return to his sly, fang grin,"I am nervous, but not because I fear you." She spoke, stepping back out into the streets with Marcus behind her. She looked over to him when he spoke again, she answered,"Oh! Your now exaggerating, I'm not DYING to get there, but would be nice if started to get there." She chuckled. She didn't know which way the apartment was so she waited for Marcus to take the lead. @Axeykins

If Vytas' sudden collapse didn't have his heart lurching through his chest, then Austere's yell most definitely did. The eldest prince was the quickest to act, helping the small boy back up and even fighting to keep at least something of a composure. Shion only stood on the sidelines, ready to interject whenever it was needed of him. But... Vytas wasn't looking all that well.. Meandering through secret passageways probably wasn't the best choice of activities for a newly-recovered soul - a young one at that - but it was a touch of normality that both princes greatly needed.

As Austere asked where their destination was, the demon only wore an encouraging smile.

@Axeykins@Aridis

"If you can bring him to me or get to him quickly, then I shall do what I must." Gareth said to her, finally taking a sip of that tea he's been holding for ages now. "But if he refuses, then he refuses. If I cannot persuade him then no one can. Thank you for listening to me ramble about my plans and ideas. It's always nice to have someone willing to do that."

@Axeykins

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"There you are~." Connor said cheerily as he raised the uzi and fired in the direction he had heard the voice. He didn't want to kill him, he had been told not to. But they didn't say he couldn't scare him, and he was told that he could go as far as to shoot the guy, as long as it didn't kill him. So he was careful with his spray, like a surgeon being careful with a butcher's knife really. Shots easily ripped through the dry wall and past Sisceal, mere centimeters from where he was standing. "Did I miss~?" Connor practically sung, having not heard any screams of pain. "Hold still and I won't miss this time~."

@Axeykins

"It's always a pleasure visiting you Gareth. Even though you ramble on more than any other leader I know." She teased. Setting her cup down gently beside her to allow the servants to refill it. "I shall send to search for him and to bring him here immediately. Now that that is out of the day, what else is on the agenda for today? Ensuring your forces are ready in case they are needed. Best to have the steel sharpened for insurance, no?"

@Beowulf

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sisceal would have screamed, but the blast being that close knocked the wind out of him momentarily. Small shrapnel of wood and plaster  digging into his arms and sides.

Taking in a deep breath the priest dropped the heavy lamp and doubled over. He had to throw his hand over his mouth quickly to muffle a loud scream of agony. More or less. The wounds from earlier hadn't exactly healed and adding drywall to them was definitely not the solution.

As quietly as possible he hobbled into the kitchen. He had knives in there. Not the best defense but better than nothing at all and going down without a fight.

"There Connor!! Straight ahead!" Anton barked. "It's headed in that direction! Fire at will!"

@Beowulf@Hoki

"She's here... She's here... She's here...!" Caius mumbled to himself in anger as he pounded his hand on the wall. "I'll kill her this time... I'll kill her, then show the rest of the order this place once I get out... Nobody will have to suffer at the hands of demons ever again..."

Burning sensation in his arm, Caius leaped forward and spun around as he landed. Where he previously stood, resided a girl with long black hair, wearing a demon mask on the side of her head.

"Noëlle...!" Caius said in anger as he drew his blade.

"You've found me, brother... So tell me, what are you going to do now that you have?"

"I'll kill you, Noëlle...! I'm going to kill you, and every other disgusting creature from this world...!"

Dashing forward, Liana drew her blade, swinging hard at Caius. With Caius barely blocking, he was pushed back a little by the impact, barely holding onto the sword in his hands.

"Go ahead and try... But I won't hold back because you're my brother..."

Swinging his sword from the right, Caius threw his whole body into his attempt at slashing through Liana. The attempt was futile, however, as Liana leaped up and pressed the tip of her blade down on the side of her brother's, swinging slowly overhead. "Not good enough brother," Liana said as she landed behind him, spinning around and swinging her blade at his head.

Caius kept turning after Liana had vaulted off of his sword, managing turn all the way around in time to block her sword. "Tch...!"

Both of them jumped back from where they stood, returning their blades to sheathes. Caius drew two handguns from his pockets, Liana placed hands together and enveloped herself with a dark aura. "Let's see how well you can aim..." Liana said as she suddenly became a streak of shadows, bullets flying at her from Caius's guns every move she made.

"Slippery witch...!" Caius said as he started reloading his guns. Halfway through reloading the second, Liana flew at him feet-first, landing right on his arms as he brought them up to block in a cross shape. Springing off of his arms and up in the air, Liana drew her blade once more.

"I've got you this time...!" Caius said as he aimed his already-loaded gun upward, shooting at her. Each bullet would either miss or nick Liana's sword, however, with the final moment of the fight being when Liana's finally landed down with a sword slashing straight down at Caius.

. . .

. . .

. . .

"Tch... Another failure..." Caius said as he knelt down and started picking up the broken parts from one of his guns. "At least I still have one gun, I suppose... Dammit, I'm gonna kill her next time...!" He cursed under his breath as he stood up and walked away, hiding away his guns away once more within his pockets.

"It's for the better this way, I suppose... Even if he were to think of me once more as just his sister, life would never be the same..." Liana sighed to herself as she sat atop the main bridge of the Underground. "If only things could go back though..."

Fiddling with her sword, Liana's mask already resided over her face. "Perhaps one day, I can take this mask off and be nothing more than Liana... For now though, this world knows me as Noëlle, the Demon of the Ceiling..."

((Anyone in the Underground who might have heard or seen the fight is free to involve themselves.))

"I missed?" Connor said in amazement as he was told to fire in another direction. "Not this time~." he practically sang as bullets once more ripped their way through the building as he fired in the direction he was told to. "Did I miss you again?" he shouted, walking in towards where his query supposedly was. "If I didn't, scream." he said with a grin on his face, leaning forward and cupping an ear, thinking it was the best joke ever.
Axeykins Axeykins
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I already have set plans in motion to make sure I have a hidden knife with me." Gareth assured her. "But hiring a few more recruits and increasing the training is in order. Sadly nothing they do can prepare them for actually fighting humans. They haven't sat still while we've been hidden away. I know of these guns that they have. I cannot outfit my entire army with them simply because we can't afford to make them. And Dwarfs, the ones you'd think would be most willing to help, charge a high price for even one of their fire arms. I have a couple ferreted away for those that I trust and are of the appropriate size to use them, but that's it."
Axeykins Axeykins

Users who are viewing this thread

Back