• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Underground

Alexis

As she sat down, she couldn't help, but just stare at him. He was gorgeous, how could her female hormones resist such a sight. Hearing his response, she nodded,"I would probably be the same way. Do you have powers, like hypnosis oh, or  Telepathy?" She asked, getting excited as if she were a child asking about her birthday present. Her stomach continued to growl lowly, demanding to have it's late supper.  @Axeykins

Last edited by a moderator:
(Axel needs to start writing reminders.)

"Where is my brother?" Austere narrowed his eyes at a guard keeping him from the throne room.

"Um, sir. This is not the time to-"

"Where is he!" He shouted it this time. Backing the frightened guard against the wall.

"Please sir, c-calm down. I shall take you to him. Just....don't hurt me. please?"

Austere's face relaxed slightly. "I'm not going to hurt you, just take me to my brother...please." He watched the guard nod quickly and lead them straight to his room. The elder prince motioned calmly for the demon to follow at his side.

@Aridis@Hoki@Beowulf

"I would love a drink dear Gareth." She smiled softly. Dusting her robes out of the way as she took a seat. "So. What is it that you wish to discuss great dragon?" Her voice was clear and unwavering as she spoke despite the chaos of earlier. She was truly a master of remaining composed in harsh times.

@Beowulf

"Mmmmm, not particularly. I can manipulate my own aura and see via auras and then your typical enhanced strength, agility, durability and senses. That is about the extent of it." He chuckled. Resting his chin in his hands and leaning forward on the table. "anything interesting with you?"

"I would like to discuss the Order," he said, grabbing a tea kettle, warming the tea inside with a wave of his hand before pouring it in a cup for Uno. He poured himself a cup as well, but left it on the table. "I do not it appropriate to openly declare a war with them. But something must be done about their incursions against us." He had already sent the shade to gather capable people for the purpose of waging a secret war against the Order. He just wanted Uno's opinion on the matter.

@Axeykins

Great... Now they were going to see Vytas.. While he was sure he wouldn't be in much trouble with the young prince, he was, however, worried that he wouldn't be able seeing the kid's face in his current mental state. Was he mentally stable? Like, far from committing mass genocide stable? Sure. Was he emotionally stable? Highly debatable. Trying to keep himself calmed with slow breaths, Shion followed Austere and the considerably panicked guard for the room.

@Axeykins @Aridis

Alexis

She blushed lightly and shrugged,"I don't know if you consider singing and writing song is something special." She said, leaning back and looking around the pub. "You know, I kinda admire you," she faced him,"It's kinda the reason I also came in search of you. First time being in the Underground was scary, a place full of supernaturals, monsters, and bad people. But there is also nice people in here, too. Oh, is there any way maybe I can...share a kiss?" She asked, looking shyly ay her under the table. She then explained quickly,"I-I just want to know how it would feel, not that I have a crush on you....I mean I don't have a crush on you-I mean I like yo-" She overall stopped talking and hid her face from him, it was red as a tomato in embarrassment. @Axeykins

"Song writing I definitely do. It has to be difficult thing to do. No only do you have to be able to write in general. Which, admittedly, is a bit hard for me to comprehend. And if you have a beautiful voice that is a bonus." He chuckled as he leaned in closer. "I am flattered by your admiration of me and how kind you see me as." He grinned widely. "I would be more than happy to share a kiss with you dear. So you know how it would feel of course, right?" He teased. The color on her face was visible to even him from across the table.

@Lady RP

Alexis

She knew by the teasing smile that he was playing with her and she smiled shyly at him. She assured him,"Y-yes sir, that is all." She stuttered, before looking at the waitress coming their way. @Axeykins

"Oh come on. There's no need to call me sir. Sir sounds too....formal. Just call me Marius." His grin widened. He leaned back so the waitress could put their food down.

"Anything else sir?" She asked politely.

"I think we're good for now. Thank you so much." He turned his attention back to Alexis. "So, when would you like this kiss? Before or after dinner?"

@Lady RP

Alexis

She licked her lips, smelling the wonderful scent of spaghetti. Her eyes zeroed in on the mound of tomato sauced and parmesan cheese covered noodles, she only looked up when Marius asked her a question. Her face grew warm at his words,"I-I-we can do it after we reach your boss's place." Her eyes flicked to his gaze for a moment, before concentrating back on the plate of food. Fork in hand she twirled a bit in the spaghetti and took her first bite, she sucked the remaining noodle, causing it to flick a bot of sauce on her nose. She smiled childishly at Marius, knowing a bit of sauce was on her nose. @Axeykins

Vytas lay among such a collection of pillows and puffy blankets that he was all but hidden from the outside world. His complexion had retained a little bit of color since his resurrection, but the young Prince was still deathly pale. His forehead was shiny with sweat, and his face was scrunched up into an expression of confusion and discomfort. The boy's breathing was soft and regular, but it was fairly obvious that his dreams were far from pleasant. 

He didn't make any physical movements to suggest that he was having a horrible nightmare, but there was no denying that he was struggling in the dream world. There was this presence that continued to bother him. Even in his dreams, it continued to lurk at the very edges of his vision, so he couldn't put a face or even a species to it. But one thing was certain, it was cold. It seemed to suck away any life, even imagined, that strayed near it. Colors did not exist in It's part of Vytas' dream, nor did figurative warmth. It was like a black hole, but it had actual matter to it. However, as time passed, and various other, more pleasant segments of his dreams went by, the figure seemed to grow more faint and distant; as if it was slowly backing away. Still, Vytas couldn't help but continue to chase the being out of curiosity. But no matter which direction he turned to, and how fast he ran, it continued to get further away. His pursuits, at most, just made the figure retreat a little slower. 

@Beowulf @Hoki @Axeykins

(Hi, I'm alive somehow) 

Great... Now they were going to see Vytas.. While he was sure he wouldn't be in much trouble with the young prince, he was, however, worried that he wouldn't be able seeing the kid's face in his current mental state. Was he mentally stable? Like, far from committing mass genocide stable? Sure. Was he emotionally stable? Highly debatable. Trying to keep himself calmed with slow breaths, Shion followed Austere and the considerably panicked guard for the room.

@Axeykins @Aridis

The guard stepped as far out of the way as possible once they had reached Vytas's door. Letting the fearsome prince do as he pleased in fear of being singed or worse. He moved forward slowly, motioning for the demon to follow him into the room.

"Vytas?" His voice came out sharp and raspy at first. Causing him to clear his throat and try again. "Vytas? How are you faring brother?" His tone had taken a turn to a far softer and sweeter one. He could hardly see his brother's figure between all of the pillows surrounding him. "....are you...are you awake yet?" He spoke as gently as possible, slicking his now short hair back as to make it far more proper and less wild.

@Hoki@Aridis

"I would like to discuss the Order," he said, grabbing a tea kettle, warming the tea inside with a wave of his hand before pouring it in a cup for Uno. He poured himself a cup as well, but left it on the table. "I do not it appropriate to openly declare a war with them. But something must be done about their incursions against us." He had already sent the shade to gather capable people for the purpose of waging a secret war against the Order. He just wanted Uno's opinion on the matter.

@Axeykins

"At this moment that appears to be the wisest decision dear Gareth. I am not well versed in the ways of war but I do know it is best to know one's opponent. Although knowing you, that is most likely already in motion." She sat gracefully in a nearby seat. Closing her eyes in contemplation of the subject at hand. "I know some information of this organization. They have targeted my faeries before, forcing us to move deeper into the woods. Where even their best cannot find us and merely wander until they are no more. It does prove them to be most persistent and headstrong."

@Beowulf

Alexis

She licked her lips, smelling the wonderful scent of spaghetti. Her eyes zeroed in on the mound of tomato sauced and parmesan cheese covered noodles, she only looked up when Marius asked her a question. Her face grew warm at his words,"I-I-we can do it after we reach your boss's place." Her eyes flicked to his gaze for a moment, before concentrating back on the plate of food. Fork in hand she twirled a bit in the spaghetti and took her first bite, she sucked the remaining noodle, causing it to flick a bot of sauce on her nose. She smiled childishly at Marius, knowing a bit of sauce was on her nose. @Axeykins

"Fair enough, I do enjoy a bit of privacy myself at times. It helps one to relax and makes things feel more....personal." He winked at her when he saw her gaze fall upon him again quickly. Watching as she began to dig in his grin widening just enough to show off his fangs. "So you're more of a mess maker ey?" He chuckled. Extending his napkin out to wipe the bit of sauce from her nose. "Now if you keep that up there is no way I can take you to my boss's place."

@Lady RP

Alexis

She blushed as he talked, and then when he winked at her. Her hormones were going nuts and Marius wasn't even touching her! *Get a grip, Alexis. It's just a kiss, nothing too fancy or serious.* She watched as he grinned so wide that she could see his fangs. Now she thinks she'd be wanting more than just a kiss, maybe a bite? She wondered how it ever felt to be bitten and her curiosity would always be the best of her. She giggled at his comment while he so gallantly wiped the bit of sauce on her nose with his napkin. "No worries for your boss's apartment, it's you whose going to be a mess on the couch." She winked and purred. She then blushed fiercely after hearing herself, *Stupid stupid, he's gonna think I'm some sl*t! She ate another forkful before speaking again,"I-I'm sorry, I didn't where that came fro-"  @Axeykins

Sky eyes flickered anxiously, even hesitating on the guard with a sort of apologetic glint to them. His heart was racing and there was no real way for him to calm it, even as he followed the eldest prince into the bedroom. After the incident of letting the Raijuu out - that took place not even that long ago - Shion could've sworn that his sense were more heightened than before; an emotion, or whirlwind of emotions, seemed to emanate off of Austere, but normally it would've gone unnoticed if the demon hadn't looked over at the raven.

Shion's attention flickered over to the mass of pillows, listening to Austere call out over and over again in gentle tones. His nose wiggled a bit, eyes more focused than he would've expected as he watched silently. Another mention to those senses - he could actually identify these certain smells that he normally wouldn't have been able to before. Breathing in and out a few times, the demon started to speak with a hushed voice. "He's asleep.." Shion whispered, "I think- I think he smells okay.. Something's a little off.." That was to be expected, right? You die and come back, and something's BOUND to be wrong one way or another.

@Axeykins@Aridis

"I do believe you are right. But a single hunter cannot wipe us out, nor can a team. They may try, but they will fail. It is all of these hunters, working together, that is slowly killing us. I doubt that even your forest will be safe if that order really tried. The real problem we face, is that we don't know who is directing them and where they are. Of course, you are correct in that I have already set plans into motion, so hopefully that mystery will be solved shortly." After he said that, he sat there quietly, finally picking up his cup of tea and taking a sip. He was thinking, and what came to mind could either be devastating or rid them of the Order through legal terms.

"If I were to reveal our existence and that of the Underground, I wonder what the humans would do. I doubt all of them despise us, but it has been so long since I have been to the surface. I do not know if the majority fear and wish to kill us or are filled with mystical wonder and want to learn more of us. The few humans that have stumbled into the Underground have, of course, been taken care of and will not expose our secret. But they have come to at the very least understand our situation and see it as their best interest to make sure the secret doesn't come out. If the latter of what I said is true and the majority do not wish to kill us, then legally the Order can do nothing and will become a criminal organization. However, if the former is true then we will be hunted down to the last. Such a large risk, and for a reward that isn't even certain." He mused into his cup, charms on his antlers tinkling softly in the slightest draft or movement and eyes lost in thought.

(Almost forgot some characters!)

"Come on Conner. You may be busted up but that doesn't mean we can't go collect our long overdue bounty. The higher ups will really appreciate getting their hands on someone who might be able to lead us to the beasts' lair." Anton spoke gruffly as he packed the supplies. Tranquilizer darts, duct tape, rope. Everything they would need to knock out and restrain with the least damage, hopefully. "Go on in, just remember that we're not here to kill him. Only incapacitate. So no deadly arms in this alright? Other than that, have at it. We don't know what this guy is capable of so be cautious too."

@Beowulf

"Oh ho ho, really?" He couldn't help but grin widely at her. That was certainly an unexpectedly bold direction for things to turn. "You don't need to apologize dear. I'm more than used to such things and besides, it's all in good fun right?" He took a shoveled more food into his face before speaking again. "Even so, it's not so much what will happen to my boss's apartment as much as it is what he would do to me. He's a tad of a....hard ass and demon in the way he runs things. He likes a tight ship y'know?"

@Lady RP

"Mmhmm. The only thing that truly keeps my forest safe are a small group of humans who strive to protect it still. However, old legends and lore are still highly revered and loved in my homeland. Unlike here where more often than not legends like even you are lost and forgotten in time." She relaxed slightly as she listened carefully to his words. Nodding in agreement of it all. The Order was truly a plague upon their world. No matter where a mythical being went they were shoved into corners and hunted. Constantly living in fear and disappearing altogether.

"I hope your plans lead to a better existence for us in the future. As for how humans would react. I am not so sure. There are some that will absolutely be eager to learn more about us, but from many years of experience. You and I both know that they are dreadfully skiddish and frightful beings. Anything different than themselves is often treated with hostility rather than peace or diplomacy. They lash out in fear, like a cornered animal even when there is no reason to.

@Beowulf

Well, Shion had been right. At first

As Vytas dizzied himself with the constant chase, he gradually became aware of a voice. It... It was familiar, somehow. For a while, he was unable to pinpoint how he knew the voice. All he could make out was the worry that was in it: The fear that resided in the words, as well as the grief. The boy stopped in his tracks, distracted now by the voice, and no longer holding the desire to chase down the mysterious being that had haunted his recent dreams. The longer that he listened, the more clear the voice became. And, as the seconds ticked by, another voice accompanied it. This one was less familiar, but he knew that he knew it. 

"Hello?" He called out. Suddenly, the boy remembered his relation to the voices.

"Austere?! Yes, I'm awake! I'm okay!" Still caught up in the dream world, Vytas' voice didn't reach the waking one. Or, if it did, his words came out in breathy little mutters; barely audible even to those with supernatural-level hearing. "Where are you? I don't see you! Shion? Austere? Someone?" For a good minute or so, he stood in the emptiness of his dreams, looking around wildly as he tried to pinpoint where the voices had come from. And a deep fear settled into his gut as he was unable to find the sources. In fact, he was unable to find anyone. Even the dark presence, that he had previously been trying to catch, had disappeared completely. He was alone. 

Reality suddenly grabbed him by the hood of his jacket, and very harshly yanked him out of the dream realm. The transition was so sudden, in fact, that he woke up gasping for air; as it felt as though all of it had been knocked out of him. Vytas rolled onto his side, his chest hurting from the lack of air.

@Axeykins @Hoki 

"Hmm." Gareth hummed in acknowledgement of what had been said. Then an idea came to him, slapped him more like seeing as he jerked his head up. "They fear what isn't like them. So what if we send someone that is? Uno, I do not know of anyone I trust enough, nor looks human enough, to do this." His youngest could easily hide himself as a human, he had gotten that trait from his mother, but he was a child and wouldn't be taken seriously by the leaders of the world. He could send that Shade to do it, but he had already given him orders to recruit other fey for Gareth to use, secretly of course. There was also the Raiju that he had sent with Buras, but he was now Buras' problem and even though he would no doubt let him order around the new guardsman. "There is always the use of magic, perhaps that's the best way to do it. When they ask for proof, poof, remove the disguise and there's their proof." Of course, even if that did work he'd still have that secret task force doing missions for him to make sure the Order was taken care of. He did not want to leave any loose ends that could choke him if he wasn't careful.

@Axeykins

---------------------------

Connor look dejectedly at his handler at the mention of not using lethal force. But he wanted to use lethal force, he wanted to kill one of them. He didn't want to just put it to sleep so they could try talking to it. How many fey creatures could talk, anyways? Vampires, yeah they could talk, but how many others? But the most important question to ask would be why did he care? He was more interested in the thrill of the hunt, to feel the gun's recoil and to see the blood and life of the monster slowly trickle away.

Alexis

She listened to what Marius spoke of,  studying how he easily pushed off her odd behavior,"Yeah." She chuckled nervously. She took a few more bites of her food and a drink of water, she listened as Marius explained what his boss would do to him. "I would take blame, though I do fear as to what he would do with me." She gulped at the thought. She turned her eyes back onto him as he explained and she agreed,"That's understandable, anyways I'm finished eating." She announced, getting up from her seat. As she stood up, she stretched herself out and looked to see that she hate more than half her plate. @Axeykins

Well, Shion had been right. At first

As Vytas dizzied himself with the constant chase, he gradually became aware of a voice. It... It was familiar, somehow. For a while, he was unable to pinpoint how he knew the voice. All he could make out was the worry that was in it: The fear that resided in the words, as well as the grief. The boy stopped in his tracks, distracted now by the voice, and no longer holding the desire to chase down the mysterious being that had haunted his recent dreams. The longer that he listened, the more clear the voice became. And, as the seconds ticked by, another voice accompanied it. This one was less familiar, but he knew that he knew it. 

"Hello?" He called out. Suddenly, the boy remembered his relation to the voices.

"Austere?! Yes, I'm awake! I'm okay!" Still caught up in the dream world, Vytas' voice didn't reach the waking one. Or, if it did, his words came out in breathy little mutters; barely audible even to those with supernatural-level hearing. "Where are you? I don't see you! Shion? Austere? Someone?" For a good minute or so, he stood in the emptiness of his dreams, looking around wildly as he tried to pinpoint where the voices had come from. And a deep fear settled into his gut as he was unable to find the sources. In fact, he was unable to find anyone. Even the dark presence, that he had previously been trying to catch, had disappeared completely. He was alone. 

Reality suddenly grabbed him by the hood of his jacket, and very harshly yanked him out of the dream realm. The transition was so sudden, in fact, that he woke up gasping for air; as it felt as though all of it had been knocked out of him. Vytas rolled onto his side, his chest hurting from the lack of air.

@Axeykins @Hoki 

(yaaaay holiday rush being pretty much over! I'll get to more replies tomorrow!)

"Vytas!! Oh thank the Gods!" Austere pulled him in close. Trying to calm his breathing as much as he could. "It is me baby brother and your friend as well. We are glad to see you better now...or at the very least awake and breathing."

Hit tears rolled down his face, but that stern and serious expression hardly broke. "I am sorry that this happened to you...I should have said no...but trust me when I say it will never happen again. Those vermin will pay dearly for what they did to you."

@Aridis

@Hoki

He was briefly reminded of his own tattered state, but the thought was quickly lost as he watched Austere cling to the young child. A bit cautiously, Shion peeked over the elder's shoulder, giving Vytas a soft, gentle smile; one that threatened to break with relief and pent up emotions. His vision blurred and a few hot drops slipped from his eyes, but he rubbed it away quickly. Austere, with a considerably stern tone, spoke with a few choice words about those that had attacked, and the atmosphere felt like it shifted. Briefly, really, and subtly. Forgetting his place, Shion put a hand gingerly on the eldest prince's shoulder. "Please, sir.." he said with a hushed voice, "Don't occupy yourself with thoughts like those-" Like revenge. Vengeance. Whatever - he didn't like it. "-right now.. He doesn't need that; you don't need that."

All the while, the demon's eyes never really left Vytas. "How are you feeling?" Shion asked, speaking up this time around and supporting his soft smile, "Do you need anything?"

@Aridis@Axeykins

(On muh phone so I'm sorry for everything bad that happens concerning words) 

Vytas was... confused. That was the only word that could've described his current emotions. He was confused by his transition from dream to sudden awareness. He was confused by the sore ache in his neck, and by the strange lightheadedness he felt. The boy didn't feel right. There was this strange feeling in his chest, it didn't restrict him from breathing, and it wasn't unpleasant or pleasant; it was just there. And more than anything, he was confused by his brother's actions. Currently, his only memories of the candy shop and his adventure outside of the Underground was hazy at best. It could've easily been brushed aside as another part of his dreams. And he definitely didn't remember dying. A bit awkwardly, he returned the embrace, and even pat Austere on the back to comfort him... for whatever reason. 

"Um... Th-thanks?" The child croaked, his throat dry and uncomfortably scratchy. "I'm fine, seriously."

Looking over at Shion, he raised an eyebrow. "Whaaaaaaaat happened... Why are you guys acting so weird? Did I do something wrong? And... Austere, who are you talking about? No one did anything to me." 

@Axeykins @Hoki

"Hmm." Gareth hummed in acknowledgement of what had been said. Then an idea came to him, slapped him more like seeing as he jerked his head up. "They fear what isn't like them. So what if we send someone that is? Uno, I do not know of anyone I trust enough, nor looks human enough, to do this." His youngest could easily hide himself as a human, he had gotten that trait from his mother, but he was a child and wouldn't be taken seriously by the leaders of the world. He could send that Shade to do it, but he had already given him orders to recruit other fey for Gareth to use, secretly of course. There was also the Raiju that he had sent with Buras, but he was now Buras' problem and even though he would no doubt let him order around the new guardsman. "There is always the use of magic, perhaps that's the best way to do it. When they ask for proof, poof, remove the disguise and there's their proof." Of course, even if that did work he'd still have that secret task force doing missions for him to make sure the Order was taken care of. He did not want to leave any loose ends that could choke him if he wasn't careful.

@Axeykins

---------------------------

Connor look dejectedly at his handler at the mention of not using lethal force. But he wanted to use lethal force, he wanted to kill one of them. He didn't want to just put it to sleep so they could try talking to it. How many fey creatures could talk, anyways? Vampires, yeah they could talk, but how many others? But the most important question to ask would be why did he care? He was more interested in the thrill of the hunt, to feel the gun's recoil and to see the blood and life of the monster slowly trickle away.

@Axeykins

Users who are viewing this thread

Back