• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Underground

In one moment he was mumbling a thanks for the jacket, and in the next he was tripping over himself at the other's weird comment. Pretty? Pretty. Yeah right, boy you need your eyes checked or something. But since Shion was a little too small for this world, and it came right out of left field, it made his face turn almost as red as his hair. In his little embarrassed and awkward daze, he was no longer on the ground but instead on the Wraith's back, wrapping his arms loosely around his neck with an expression of mild surprise. He didn't even get a chance to apologize for not being able to walk, or thank him for being so considerate, because the raven went and introduced himself.

'Atlas, huh..?'

He gave a small smile himself, his face worn and tired. "Shion..." the redhead said softly, soon reminding himself to speak up. "I'm Shion.. It's nice to, uh, meet you, Atlas."

@Aridis

"Nice to meet you too."

Luckily, they weren't too far from their destination. He personally wanted to travel through the shadows to get there. It was faster, and safer, after all. However, the Wraith was still iffy about the details about what his passengers could tolerate. Before, with his drunk Priest buddy, it appeared as though he couldn't breath; and he wasn't sure if that was just because he was a human, or because he wasn't a shadow being. Besides, Atlas had no idea if the whole "pain of dim shadows" concept effected passengers. And, if it did, then they were both in a world of pain if the raven decided to go through with the "safer" option.

Therefore, he was stuck walking with an injured muffin on his back.

@Hoki

Alexis

"Welcome to The Underground." Alexis sang out her last verse of a song, which earned a few coins. There wasn't anything out of the usual, Alexis sings for about 2-3 hours and then retires to one of the "safe" allys to rest/sleep in or she would be on the move again. This time after packing up & storing her earnings in her sack, she rose up and began on her way. When she first stumbled on this place, she was lost, but getting around was now a piece of cake; though she kept well away from the bad neighborhood and would go around it. As she travels she always looks into the alleys, rooftops, or any dark hole to see if she could spot Marius. She's heard tales of him and maybe he could have the answer to the strange marking on her neck. @Axel1313

Last edited by a moderator:
They walked for a bit of time, Shion so exhausted that he had come to let his head rest in the crook of Atlas' neck. He would've apologized for the invasion of space, but something told him that it'd be a waste of effort. His body felt heavy and numb, the long scars on his torso and stretching to his hip still searing as if they were fresh; he was fortunate to have not gotten injured in the fight with the Hunters, that much was certain. Otherwise he would've been in far more physical pain than he was right then and there. After a small groan, he focused his tired eyes ahead, mind hazy with the smoke of his conflict with the beast.

"I need..." The redhead stopped there, brow furrowing as he turned his head down to cough into his own shirt. "I need to get to the castle," he told the Wraith, "Would you...be able to take me there..?"

Shion had to meet up with Buras, and accept whatever punishment was coming his way for endangering both Princes.

@Aridis

Marius had just finished doing some errands for his boss and was now prowling around the streets. He hadn't explored the Underground in a while so it could be fun. Hit up some local shops, maybe the pub, watch some street performers. Preferably on the nicer side of town for once. Nice change of pace from the usual scum he hung around. He always loved traveling in this part of town too. Didn't need to cover his face or anything! Could wear his favorite tight leather, midriff bearing vest without judgement or as many catcalls. Unfortunately it made him more recognizable as well. The jet black hair streaked with white, golden eyes and flawless caramel skin were hard to miss in this place.

@Lady RP

Alexis

She just walking along when suddenly three trouble makers came along. Immediately their eyes targeted on her, seeing her as an easy snatch. Alexis knew she was in trouble & decided to try & lose them in the maze of ally ways. One lead her right out onto another busy walkway, but she kept going straight; the threesome still followed, but their activity won't go unnoticed. Alexis cursed beneath her breath quietly as she ran into a dead end, she turned, knowing she was trapped. The threesome arrived all their eyes on Alexis, she warned,"Now don't take another step." They just just chuckled and began to close in... @Axel1313 ;)

Damn his chivalrous heart. He picked up on the sound of a struggle nearby. Some thugs and possibly a woman they were harassing? Wouldn't know until he was there. He followed the sounds until he happened upon an alley with a dead end. "Hey! Losers! Back off the lady! What are you? Bunch a stupid brutes who don't know how to mind their own business and not pick a fight with someone who can't really fight back?"

@Lady RP

Alexis

The three thugs froze and turned to see it was the one and only, Marius. Though the leader of the three, would act all mighty & dare say," And what you gonna do about it pretty boy?" She was shocked, she couldn't believe her eyes, it was him....and he was saving her. @Axel1313

"You don't want to now I'm going to do you if you don't leave right now pal." He snapped at the brave thug. Looked to be the leader. "You may want to stand back aways miss. Can't keep you from watching this if it gets violent but I can make sure you don't get hit." He looked back at her with a sly smirk.

@Lady RP

Alexis

She blushed lightly as he threw that sly smirk her way & just nodded, but she was backed into a corner so there really was nowhere for her to go. The leader smirked, flipping out his switch knife, but his other buds ran off scared. @Axel1313

His amber eyes widened slightly at the request, and he craned his neck to look back at the male. Atlas hadn't taken this guy for someone important enough to be invited to the castle. Not that he was necessarily one to judge but... Even with Shion's clothes all torn and battered, they didn't look like they had originally been formal. He was confused, to say the least. One side of him said to give into the redhead's wish, while the other told him to be wary and to deny the request. After all, despite the fact that he wasn't an official anything, it was kind of his job to help protect the Royal Family, as well as every fae that he could. So, divine beings forgive him for being skeptical.

"Okay...?" Atlas said slowly. "But can you tell me why, at least?"

By this time, they had disappeared into one of the many Entrances to the Underground. Which, ultimately, had been inside of a gap between two absolutely
ruined cars in an automobile junkyard. It had been a bit of a tight squeeze, but they had managed without knocking anything down and crushing themselves. Seeing as though it had just been used, the Entrance closed itself. The sort of portal that had opened into the junkyard disappeared, and went off to find another place to hide. This was one of the mobile openings, after all.

@Hoki

"Then you won't help anything by piling on more worries." Buras growled as he hauled the prince off to his room. He was growing sick of the boy. It wasn't his day either, he had failed in his most important duty and he wasn't thrashing around and making a bunch of noise. He wasn't planning on putting on a new set of armor, grabbing another halberd, and going up to the surface to rip that town apart until he found the Order members responsible for it. The thought hasn't even crossed his mind.

@Axel1313

"Then we better get moving." Connor said as he hurried by, a bag in one hand and another under his arm. He was going to add a couple more trophies to his collection, that much he was sure of. A shade's scalp and a wolf's pelt.

Of course, the moment she got to school, something happened. Aria had a hope that it was going to be another normal day for her. Everything had been silent for a good while, after all. She had managed to go a good couple of weeks without missing a class or important test. Everything Order-related had been small, and had been manageable to the point where she could continue her "normal" lifestyle without much interruption. But, of course, that serenity couldn't have lasted very long. The girl got the call right as she was pulling up to her University. Apparently some Order members had a run-in with some dangerous fae. Twice in a row, they had met the same Wraith; the second time around there had been a small group of monsters, and apparently one of them had been killed. Long story short, they were closing in on the Underground, and needed as much help as they could get.

Sighing softly, the brunette pulled back out of the parking lot, and began driving toward the local HQ.

Why..? Why indeed... Shion frowned lightly, brow furrowing. There was nothing he could say that would seem like a reason for him to go to the castle. He didn't want to say that he was going to receive punishment - which he was expecting - or that he had to make sure the elder prince was okay, or even that he had to speak with the guard. However, he didn't want to leave this helpful Wraith in the dark. The redhead lifted his gaze, staring ahead of them at their dark road.

"I... I made a promise to return," the demon said then, his voice stronger than it had been any of the other times. He wasn't lying either; he had ultimately promised the great guard to come back, and his choice to live was the proof. It was also then that he decided he would walk if Atlas didn't want to take him right up to the gates. The muscles in his legs tightened a bit, preparing themselves for whatever literal steps he had to take - down the royal halls or wherever he needed to be.

@Aridis

"Ooooh a little knife, I'm so scared." He grinned. Making sure his large fangs flashed menacingly. He didn't feel like fighting this guy so hopefully scare tactics would work. Of course he wasn't against throwing a few punches too. Get out a little aggression. "Come on big guy, if your so tough come at me! Show me what you got!"

@Lady RP

Austere growled viciously but chose to take it down a few notches and listen. For now. "Fine. I'll stay in my room for the time being if you're suddenly so worried about the state of the kingdom. Untie me and cross my heart I will not leave my room." The young prince waited patiently for the giant to put him down and take off the restraints so he could vent some anger. Thank the Gods his father had made sure to make his room fireproof and harder to break than the rest of the castle.

@Beowulf

Anton snatched up as many of the spare weapons laying around as he could carry and promptly followed Connor. They'd get to a safe point and call a company car for now. Call cleanup on their way back to base to take care of things. But not before picking up a certain freak they had tagged earlier. Their boss had gone back to her office after getting tired of waiting and as soon as they had info and she was ready they'd talk to her.

@Beowulf @rosamortelle

Alexis

The girl couldn't help, but shivered at the sight of his large fangs flashing, but at the same time she wondered what they felt like against her throat. She shook her head of such thoughts & watched. As for the leader, he dropped his switch blade and put his hands up in surrender,"O-ok man, you can have her." he ran past him. Alexis watched the man run and then looked at the Vampire Prince,"You must be Marius, I've been looking for you." she said with a friendly smile. @Axel1313

"Ha, all bark and no bite. Typical street scum wannabes." He chuckled as the man ran past him. Then turned his attention back to the woman. "Vampire Prince? Haven't heard that one in a while, I'm no prince of the vampires but I was a prince at one point." He grinned sweetly at her. A much different attitude from moments before. "I am Marius, but may I ask who you are? You seem to know me but I don't think I've ever met you before. and as you said, you've been looking for me."

@Lady RP

Alexis

She blushed as he grinned sweetly at her and she lent out her hand for a shake. Hearing his questions, she answered with a bit of excitement, "The names Alexis, Marius. I've heard about in some tales here and there, so yeah I came & been in the Underground for a year. It's nice to meet you." She smiled shyly. @Axel1313

"Nice to meet you Alexis." He reached out and returned the handshake happily. "Only here for a year? That explains why I haven't seen you. Although I will admit is odd to find someone more from the outside who's heard of me for a long time now. At least what I really am and not just the fanciful appearance of a human I use."

@Lady RP

The raven hesitated for a few moments, weighing his options. He didn't want to be the one responsible if this guy was lying, but he also didn't want to the be asshole to refused to help out an injured individual. If Shion was telling the truth, then it would be best to get him to the castle right away. On the bright side, if he was lying, then there were plenty of able guards to take care of whichever threat he posed as. With a small sigh, the Wraith nodded; and bumped the demon up a bit, making sure that he didn't fall off of his back. "Okay, hold on tight."

It was a bit of an awkward walk toward the Royal grounds. Every once in a while, Atlas had to reinforce his hold. He tried to stick to the shadows, so not to draw attention to himself or the injured redhead. However, seeing as though it was now morning, many citizens of the Underground were up and about. Quite a bit of creatures managed to catch sight of the duo; which was far from a good thing. He was aware that any information about the Order's progression was not to be spoken about around the general public. As the one who gathered much of this information, Atlas had been told several times to keep his mouth shut; and to only discuss such things around specific persons of authority.

Speaking of, he would need to speak with one of said persons about what he had experienced recently. If he could, he would prefer to give the information directly to the King; or someone who could get it to him quickly.

Fortunately, it didn't take them long to arrive at the fancy gates of the castle.

@Hoki

Aria ditched all of her scholarly things in the trunk of her car. While she was back there, she checked under the fake floor in order to see if all of her weaponry was still there. Guns, knives made of various materials, bullets to match the knives, salt, holy water, talismans, charms: If you needed it to kill a fae, she most likely had it. From her extensive studies, the girl had learned that you needed more creative methods to kill some of the more ancient creatures. However, a good majority of them could be taken out with simple firearms and Holy Bullets. Still, Aria was equipped for just about everything. It was her job, after all, to help agents take down some of the more difficult bastards.

So far, the brunette wasn't sure what she would need, so she just left everything in her trunk; locking the car up behind her. Sometimes, all she needed to do was give some information; and walk people through killing specific fae. Other times, although more rare, Aria needed to participate in the physical killing. The girl was unclear as to which was going to the be case this time.

Entering the Order's Headquarters for that specific city, she waited somewhat awkwardly for someone to give her orders.

(
@Axel1313 @Beowulf maybe. Idk, up to you guys)

That got a good laugh out of him. "Not anymore at least. Can't do that much anymore without attracting attention here. The world's just gotten too small you know?" He smirked. "Although I do miss Virgin blood, it was always the sweetest and most pure. And most tempting for my kind."

@Lady RP

There were no words as to how grateful he was that Atlas didn't pry; the demon was aware of how suspicious he was, but at the same time it wasn't like he could just pour his heart out to a stranger. He didn't pay any attention the creatures that looked at them funny, keeping his destination in mind. It only just dawned on him that he could be rejected by the other guards, so entry would be incredibly difficult. If no one believed that he was supposed to regroup with Buras, and didn't even bother to get the great guard to confirm, then Shion would be in quite the pickle. Upon arrival to the grand gates, the redhead pried himself from Atlas' secure hold and dropped to the ground. He was completely unstable, staggering back and nearly falling over - thankfully he was able to catch himself on something.

Shion took a bit to regain his breath, chest heaving with the effort. He was totally unaware of the other's own need to be at the castle, so he figured this was where they parted ways. "Thank... Thank you, Atlas," the demon said, bowing his head and growing dizzy because of it. He straightened and started to remove the jacket. "I think this is my only chance to return this to you.."

@Aridis

Users who are viewing this thread

Back