• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Underground

Buras did as the fairy queen asked, getting off the ground and hurrying over to Austere. "Come with me, your Highness. You should not see this sort of thing, especially from your father." And so he guided the eldest prince out of the room, forcefully if he had to. As he did so, his mind jumped back and forth between doing his duty, which was to reduce the trauma of this event as much as possible, and Shion. He hadn't trusted him at first, it's simply a part of his job, to not be trusting. But he's proved himself, and he hoped to the gods that the Raijuu would do as he asked and find him once, or if for that matter, he got away.

@Axel1313

Gareth did not show that he heard her words, aside from grabbing a hold of her vast magical power as well and using it. He would have done so much sooner, but manners so deeply ingrained in his being forced him to go through the formalities first. No tissue was dead from lack of oxygen, and blood could be easily replaced. It was the soul that mattered the most, otherwise Vytas, his little boy, would be nothing more then a shell. So, he quickly repaired the body to the point that it was as if he was born that way. Now was where he needed all that magical power, the combined strength of an elder dragon and a fae queen. He reached out to the dark abyss that was the median between life and death, and searched for the soul that was his child. It was not an easy task, but since he was doing this so quickly, the soul was near the surface of that inky blackness. Plucking it from the void, he melds it back to it's mortal vessel. That done, he returned Una control of her power, and collapsed on the floor in exhaustion.

@Axel1313 @Aridis

"Oh, you're a big puppy." Connor said as he lined up the silhouette of the sights dead center of the beast. But he did not pull the trigger, because he was distracted by the ever so quite noise of running footsteps. He looked over just in time to see a somewhat familiar face tackle him to the ground, effectively throwing off his shot. When he hit the ground, the wind was knocked out of him, and he simply could not move.

@Axel1313 @Aridis @Hoki @ApfelSeine

You know how people always try to explain death? How it feels, and where you go when you finally do die? Well, it was hard to say who was right in these aspects. He wasn't sure if Fae even had a Heaven to go to, but he had no memory of ever visiting one. Not to say that no such thing existed, but the boy wasn't exactly dead for long. Besides, he barely even remembered what happened before the darkness settled in.

All the Prince knew was that there was darkness. It was like consciously living out the state between being awake and dreaming. There wasn't any coldness, or random horrors that popped out at him. In all honesty, it was more like pure nothingness. He didn't have any thoughts, he couldn't see anything. Vytas couldn't even remember who he was; he had no memories of anything at all. It was strange, but not scary. Actually...It wasn't even strange. It wasn't anything.

He was conscious of the darkness, and at the same time he wasn't. He was just existing there...But at the same time, he had no existence.

But then came the warmth. It was sudden, and gave no warning that it was about to appear. In all honesty, it felt like a comforting hug that was slowly getting tighter; as if the giver of the embrace was becoming afraid of letting go. Vytas feared it, and welcomed it. He wanted to escape from the strange feeling in the world of nothing, but it was so familiar that he couldn't help but draw nearer; and allow it to take him.

The next thing that he knew, he could feel again. The darkness was gone, and his nerves were working once more. He existed again, and he was in a realm that had a physical form to describe. Surprisingly, he felt no pain. The bullet wound had just about disappeared, and with it the agony that he felt before his consciousness gave out. It was a bit of a shock to have a body again. After having none, the boy was almost painfully aware of every single function that his mortal body had. It was frightening to have thoughts again, and to have a heart that beat against his ribcage. It was even more terrifying to be able to smell and hear and taste and
feel.

Drawing in a weak breath, the raven opened his eyes a crack. Compared to the darkness, the light was one of the more strange surprises that arose.

His gaze shifted to his side, where several figures stood. The first that caught his attention was the collapsed form of his own father. The Prince's thoughts were hazy, and he had yet to process exactly what was going on. For the time being, he didn't have any immediate memories of what had occurred in the candy shop; or of anything that had happened in the Overworld.

"Dad...?"

@Beowulf @Axel1313

Pinning the other down, Atlas made sure that his hold on the boy was strong. His eyes glowed red from the use of his powers, and a harsh glare molded his expression. The teenager's teeth ground themselves together, making his jaw sore within a matter of seconds. He was trying to control himself, to not get needlessly mad, but that was a bit difficult in this case. He was unaware of who these Order member's targets were this time around, but he still felt protective of them. Eyes narrowing into slits, he focused on Connor's shadow. Or, more specifically, the neck of his shadow.

It was slight pressure, but the other would feel as though a hand was closing around his throat. Atlas wasn't gripping tight enough to actually cut off the air flow. If anything, he was just going with a warning for now.

"I'll give you one chance." The Wraith growled. "Leave, and tell your Murdering friends to leave us alone."

@Beowulf

"No NO! Let me go!! Let me be with my brother!!" Austere fought with all his might against Buras. He couldn't break from the giant's grasp no matter how hard he tried. Some guards rushed to hold his feet and strap a mask across his mouth to keep his fiery breath at bay.

He refused to believe it was true, refused to believe his father was going to use that type of magic. It only meant that his brother truly had died.A strange new emotion welled up in him, only briefly but it was powerful. Pure, unadulterated rage. Those bastards had killed him!They killed him and...and he...he didn't know what he was going to do yet. The young prince had never felt this powerful of an emotion before.

@Beowulf @Aridis

Anton growled and fired a few shots at the electric beast. First time he'd faced one of these things, should be fun! Not to mention the massive pay for this thing. Dead or alive it was going to get them in good with the higher ups! and not to mention give a lot of info. It was with those other creatures so it had to know something!

@Hoki @Aridis @ApfelSeine

The Raijuu shot around like a bolt, except shortened and less dramatic. He was still cautious enough to avoid direct shots, but smart enough to strengthen the field around him to fry - or divert - bullets that came close. Despite his physical presence, he wasn't impenetrable; a shot would hurt. It was time for the demon to assess the bigger threats between the only two that took aim against him, the other with the grenade-launcher type of weapon occupied by a force he truly had yet to identify as something.

His focus was on the one with a scent he despised; it had been the one he noticed during the siege on the candy shop. The Raijuu shot from his position on the lamp post, arching down and around to the ground before erupting forward with a beastly roar, taking Anton's gun into his powerful jaws. While he lacked the strength to break it on its own, he had the power to sabotage it, the sheer energy of his form turning the metal hot and malleable. This allowed him to bend it away from its wielder, sparking gold eyes focused on the human with an stare of rage.

@Axel1313 @ApfelSeine @Aridis @Beowulf

Marx remained seated in the throne room, watching with mild amusement as the great king used magic he shouldn't have been messing with. It was kind of Una to lend her power and all, but the small devil had his doubts about the success; he knew that necromancy - borderline or not, it didn't matter - could result in failure, no matter who the caster. So you have to imagine his surprise when the youngest prince returned from the dead, calling to his father in that weak feeble voice.

"Someone dress me up and call me a princess," the boy mused, floating over to Gareth and the waking Vytas, "Vy is back from his nap.."

Even Marx had to admit that he was grateful for the return, and even glad, the devil wearing a smile on his face.

@Beowulf @Aridis @Axel1313

"You can rest easy now Gareth. The young prince is alive again." In A smiled sweetly as she took a seat near the boy. She was worn out from lending her power to Gareth. "I shall pray that the spirits are forgiving though. Matters such as this can be so very fickle. Even if it is for the life of a child."

@Beowulf

"Control yourself, your highness." Buras said, defaulting back upon etiquette as he wrestled with the draco-ling. "You will burn down the palace, and then what would your father do?" Ok, he didn't completely default on etiquette, but it was certainly there. "Now stop acting like a spoiled brat and do as your father says. And calm down so I can take the muzzle off you and not fear for my safety."

@Axel1313

"I'm here Vytas." Gareth said, crawling over to his son in his exhausted state to just lay a hand on him. "I am here, and so are you. That is what's important right now, you're here." The spirits be damned, his son was back. He will gladly tear his soul asunder to keep his two boys alive and well until it was their time to part this world, from a natural cause. "Una, I will like to meet with you tomorrow to discuss matters about Above Ground." he said, still laying on the floor in exhaustion but visibly content. As for the little devil, Gareth was inclined to ignore him so as not to ruin the moment.

@Axel1313 @Aridis @Hoki

All Connor could do was giggle at what the Shade had to say. Oh yes, he knew what he was now, that wibbly wobbly shadow stuff gave it away. He's never killed a Shade before, perhaps this one would be the first one. And so, ever so laboriously, he lifted the arm holding the marksman pistol so the barrel pointed at the thing on top of him, and pulled the trigger.

@Aridis @Hoki @Axel1313

Frowning, the boy glanced over to the tired form of his father. He had seen the King in many states of exhaustion before; as tiredness was all part of ruling a small world of threatened creatures. However, he had never seen the man as tired as this. It scared Vytas, to be honest. He was barely conscious, and it took years for him to process even the most common things. Like, for instance, he was just coming to realize that he wasn't in his bed, and was in fact lying on the ground. The raven was nothing short of confused. He couldn't think of anything that would put his father in this state, at least not with his current state of consciousness. And, what was worse, he could've sworn that he heard his brother yelling in another room or something.

"What are you talking about?" Vytas rasped. "Yeah...I'm here. Where else would I be?"

If it wasn't obvious at this point, he didn't know that he had died for a few minutes.

@Axel1313 @Beowulf @Hoki

If it weren't for the shadows that slowed Conner's movements, then the Wraith surely would've died.

Even then, he barely caught the action in time. Atlas froze up for a moment, he had no idea what to do. He didn't exactly have a way to dodge at such a close distance, nor did he have enough time to even melt into the shadows. Maybe he could've killed the trigger-happy male at the very least, and possible save his own skin in the process. Even so...As cool as he was trying to act in this situation, the teenager was scared. The moment that he realized where the gun was pointed, a wave of terror washed over him; and temporarily possessed his previously pissed-off expression. Any thoughts of revenge, or of even scaring the kid immediately vanished; and were replaced with a need to survive.

Thinking back on it, the Wraith wasn't sure if he actually consciously made the decision to do it. All he knew was that one moment he was about to die, and the next he was constricting his shadow around the one of Connor's wrist; specifically the one that held the gun. It was a swift action, and was over with quickly. A snapping sound reached Atlas' ears as he jerked the other's hand to the right; cleanly breaking the bone at the wrist, and narrowly directing the bullet in a different direction.

Immediately after, he jumped off of the Order member and backed up a few steps; the look of fear still on his face. "Shit... I'm so--." Wait, was he really just about to apologize to the guy who tried to kill him?

@Beowulf

After stuffing her face with various snack foods that hardly counted as bits of a proper breakfast, Aria gathered up her things. She had yet to catch a whiff of something genuine through the scanner--or at least the police had yet to actually notice anything--so she remained a university student for the time being. Dressed in a worn t-shirt and jeans, the girl walked out of her apartment. There wasn't much to carry around for her, most of her "work" supplies were in her car. So, that only really left a messenger bag with her laptop and some scratch paper for doodling.

Hopping into her old, beat-up Impala, the brunette made sure that her phone's ringer was on before driving off. As annoying as it was sometimes, a call from the Order could come at literally any time of the day; regardless of whether she had an important, cannot-miss nor make-up-later test or not. Somehow, she has managed to keep up with both sides of her life, but things were bound to go wrong eventually.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anton screamed in pain as his gun was grabbed and practically melted around his hand. He immediately dropped it and reached for another gun holstered to his side with his good hand. Whipping around and aiming it at the great beast.

"Connor! I need another gun! For me and the new guy here asap!"

@Beowulf @Hoki @ApfelSeine

"Let me go Buras!!" Austere fought and fought until he exhausted himself. Nothing but smoke billowed from underneath the mask now, but despite this the other guards struggled to hold on to him. Despite being a halfling he had definitely inherited his father's strength. "I do not need you telling me what to do! I am not a child anymore! Unhand me or I'll purposely set the tapestries on fire!"

@Beowulf

He growled in response, the fur raising on his shoulders before he bolted up to the top of a stoplight. His own energy started to bend the metal, however he was so light on his feet - and more energy than physical weight - that he remained in place by the electricity of his paws. On this higher ground, he let out a beastly roar. However, common sense started to nip at the back of his heels. He recalled the great guard, Buras, telling him to come find him afterwards. The logical side of his ancient brain started to ponder the probability of his escape, and if it was at all worth it in the end.

The Raijuu leapt from the stoplight, paws very briefly touching the concrete of the opposite building before launching himself back to the ground in a bolt. Was escape worth it? Was finding Buras again really worth it? The options he had otherwise did not fancy the peaceful soul dwelling deep within his chest, but it was currently the beast that reigned in control; the calm had no say. Still... The demon could be captured and if he were to revert back to his more gentle form, he knew he would not stand a chance against the Order and their skills. There was the option of escape, which guaranteed his life but left a sour taste in his mouth. From the time of his origins, to flee is to be weak, and confess your disloyalty to those you swore to protect. Death would be the better option in that regard, and should he escape of his own accord, he would feel much better killing himself instead.

Ah, but death at the hands of these hunters... Defending whatever it was he deemed important enough.. Actually, was he defending his treasures? Or was it just a fit of emotional rage that called the demonic presence to the surface, to take form on this plain of reality? If it really was so difficult for his soul to decipher the answer, then it was not the defense of his treasures. How pitiful...

At last, the option to return to the royal guard's company seemed to rise above the other options of death and escape. He figured his presence would not be welcomed nor tolerated for very long, as it was because of an outsider like him that the young prince had died.. However, he felt a strange sense of trust from Buras at his call, and had to wonder - even in this heat of battle - if returning was really so bad after all. To run from the consequences, whatever they may have been, would be dishonorable; the gods would not greet him after he took his own life to make up for such a mistake.

So he had reached a decision, it seemed.

There was no way to escape injury, should things turn south. He grew greatly aware of the Wraith, and the position of each Hunter. The Raijuu - Shion - would not let a comrade be left behind. He solidified, his external coat of electricity dying down to a dull numb, making him more physical and more animalistic. With a howl, he launched back into action, feet slamming against the asphalt. Jumping away, he bounded across the street and knocked into the Wraith; not hard enough to cause him much pain or hurt him, but to get him away from the now-injured gunman. This was, at the very least, his way of telling Atlas that it was time to MOVE.

@Axel1313 @Aridis @Beowulf @ApfelSeine

//-kicks words-

"You are still a child by the way you act." Buras said forcefully. Despite being a giant and therefore much larger then the halfling, he was still having trouble keeping him from running a muck in the castle. "If the people see you like this, they will know something has happened. As it is rumors will be abound by this time tomorrow of the king performing dark arts. It will cause the people to be restless and nervous, and they will begin to panic at the slightest things." A bit of an exaggeration, but true none the less.

@Axel1313

"Of course, my son, of course." Gareth said to his youngest child before laboriously climbing to his feet. "Guards, get Vytas here to his room. He needs to rest. Remember what I said, Una, we'll have matters to discuss about the Above Ground in the morning. Now if you will excuse me, I must retire to my room." And with that, he made his wobbly way to his room. He made it as far as a side door before having a guard support him. "I must ask the spirits for forgiveness." he said to himself as the guard supported him.

@Axel1313 @Aridis

He missed, and his arm was broken for it. Screaming out in pain, he rolled onto his side and clutched his broken wrist to his chest. After the brief scream, soft giggling could just faintly be heard by the wraith. So they felt fear like him, he saw it in it's eyes before he pulled the trigger. He'd make it really scared then, next time he had it in his sights. As for the request for another gun, it was probably a bit obvious that he didn't give them one. First of all, they were his guns, and secondly he was a bit preoccupied with a broken arm.

@Axel1313 @Aridis @Hoki @ApfelSeine

For once, the boy didn't struggle when he was lifted to his feet by two guards. Normally, he would try to escape and begrudgingly walk back to his room on his own. But, this time around, he was much too tired to even stand. Besides, him being sent to his room didn't exactly sound like a punishment this time around. Because of his weakened state, Vytas was all but carried to his bedroom. As his senses slowly started to return to him, the Prince noticed a few things.

There was a faint smell of candy on his clothes, as well as gunpowder and...something else? Not to mention, his hoodie was torn at the shoulder, and a large red stain was tainting the worn blue. "Hm..." The raven stared curiously at the stain as he crawled under the covers of his bed. However, he wasn't exactly able to process it. Vytas more or less shrugged it off for the time being. He forgot about everything that was even slightly troubling as he quickly fell back into unconsciousness. He was soon greeted with Darkness. But, unlike the deadly world that he had encountered before, he still had an existence. And, even better, he was able to dream.

As usual, for the boy, his dreams consisted of adventure. This time around, the picture strayed to the Overworld; where he ran around and explored. There was nothing negative about
this world. There was only happiness and adventure, just as he had always imagined it. Sure, there was this strange shadow that kept following him just barely within sight. But it never touched him, so Dream Vytas paid no attention to it.

@Beowulf @Axel1313 @Hoki

He should finish the kid off... He should run... He should scare him a little more... He should get out of there before anything else could happen outside of his favor... He should get even...

Atlas didn't know what to do. This was the first time that he had been in a legitimate fight with an Order Member. For a good while the wraith just stood there, bouncing back and forth between ideas and courses of action. The shadowy tendrils that sprouted from him visibly showed the battle that was going on in his head. They would creep towards Connor one moment, and then dart back to their Master the next. This cycle continued to take place until an outside force managed to make the final decision for him.

The teenager stumbled a bit as his fellow fae slammed into him. It only took one glance at the urgent nature of the beast for him to get the message. Atlas didn't even bother to glance back at the Order Member that he had injured before taking off. He followed behind the electric wolf; melting into the shadows once they had freed themselves from the frustrating veil of dust and smoke. Outside of it, the sun cast beautifully dark shadows. In fact, just to keep up with his new friend, the Wraith just attached himself to the other's shadow; and more or less allowed him to drag him away from the dangerous scene.

@Hoki @Beowulf @Axel1313

"They won't hear a single thing! My father will make sure of it!" He hissed. More guards rushed to put restraints on him, finally rendering him unable to move anymore. "I want to see my brother. I need to make sure he is alright....And if anybody from the outside so much as touches him again I'll burn then, burn every last one of them. Nobody is going to hurt him or anyone else dear to me again." He growled as a small cloud of fire came out of the holes in his mask.

@Beowulf

"Stop acting like a baby and get up! It's just a broken wrist!" Anton shouted at Connor as he fired more shots at the creatures. Being careful not to get his other teammates in the process. "Get up and we'll fall back to somewhere safe where we can heal. We'll regroup, get more firepower and take them on again later."

@Beowulf @Aridis @Hoki @ApfelSeine

Buras hoisted the now restrained prince under his arm, and walked off to the prince's room. "Your father cannot stop everyone from talking. Servants will talk, and those that they tell will tell others. It's not only your image you have to worry about, but also your father's. He is the rock that this Sanctuary has rested upon for centuries. If the people think there is even one crack in it, panic will begin to spread. I don't think you fully understand what you are doing, and the impact it could have on the Underground."

@Axel1313

Connor scrambled to his feet using his good hand, the broken wrist still held close to his chest. Making his way back to his handler, he first stops by his guns and duffel bags, to shove the former into the latter while standing in the line of fire. But bullets flying overhead didn't phase him, he simply wanted to have all his guns back in their bags and accounted for before retreating. The Cleaners had a habit of "losing" his guns. Once that was all said and done, he scurried over towards friendly lines and hopefully ammunition.

The wolf ran as fast and as far as he could manage, even reverting from the physical form to a more electric state so that he - and the connected Wraith - bounced across rooftops and electrical lines. He was aware enough to keep to locations and spots where he'd have a shadow for Atlas to keep a hold onto, but he didn't dare to slow down. At one point, after a good fifteen minutes of running, the two were so far outside of their city that it was almost difficult to retrieve one's bearings. Only then did the Raijuu slow down - only then did he return to a physical state, and come to a walk on solid ground. As he saw it, they were to buy a little bit of time to make sure they weren't being followed before even considering going back to the Underground.

Glancing back with sky blue eyes, fur dulled to a stormy gray with splotches of cloudy white, he doubled check to make sure the Wraith was still with him; a low growl rumbled from his throat in question, asking if he was okay.

@Aridis

Atlas was impressed by the speed of the other. If he hadn't been tethered to the fae, then he surely would've fallen behind long ago. He was prepared to jump out of the shadows at any moment just in case, but his new partner in crime was careful to make staying in the darkness easy; and there didn't seem to be anyone following them anyhow. Still, it was a nice change of pace when the Raijuu slowed down enough so that he could actually keep up. Seeing as though there didn't seem to be any threats nearby, the teen ditched his Wraithness and emerged from the shadows. It was a bit awkward, seeing as though he ended up so close to the mysterious wolf initially. Because of personal space, Atlas quickly backed up; creating a more comfortable distance between them.

He wasn't sure how to react around this new fae. He had never met a Raijuu before, especially not this specific one. So, he wasn't sure which personality that he should undertake. Serious? Goofy? Overly formal? There were just too many possibilities, and it was a
tad more difficult to read a freaking wolf. Rubbing the back of his neck, Atlas smiled softly. "Erm.. Hi. Hello."

@Hoki

Right. Communication. Something that the demon actually lacked; and here he was hoping that a 'grr' or questioning 'hrr's would prove to be enough. Well, he could speak, but it was a language and certain dialect he STRONGLY doubted Atlas would know (Japanese, not dorkinese). However he was totally against reverting back to normal, as doing so would reveal a side the ancient existence didn't want to be known. It couldn't be helped, since that was just who he was, but that didn't mean he had to like it.

So in response to Atlas' "greeting", the Raijuu bowed his head in return. Due to his total lack of speaking, it would have to suffice.

He bounded back the way they had come from a bit, tail down and snout to the air as he tried to make sure they were safe. Nothing made him growl or want to rip someone's throat out, so all was as well as it could be. Which meant that the adrenaline finally took a nose dive, the wolf sloppily sitting down and letting his head hang. His chest ached, old wounds searing and even steaming from under his fur; it only did this when his control was slipping, and only in this beastly form. It was a story for another time, one that involved a much bigger beast than he.

Eventually he did raise his head again, looking back over at the raven with the flick of his tail. This was his silent question of; 'What do you want to do?' His choice was to return, but more deeply he wanted to get out of this electric shell of his - well, Shion did at least.

@Aridis

The wolf's movements worried him. Before, he had seemed so powerful. But now, with just the simple action of sitting down, he seemed so much weaker. It was difficult for Atlas to read non-humanoid fae. Everything was so much easier if they had a face that could actually twist and move to show emotion. So, against a being with a snout, he was at a bit of a loss. Still, that didn't stop him from suspecting that the Raijuu was in pain. He wasn't sure how extensive the beast's injuries were, but he figured that they hurt like hell.

Should they try to get to Dr. Jackson? The moment that Atlas thought of the idea, he figured out how it wouldn't have worked. He had already bothered the poor human once. While the man probably would've been glad to help, there was a big risk of drawing attention to him. He and Siceal had already gone there last night; and that quick visit was probably more than enough to lead the Order to the hospital. Twice in such a short notice was too much. Daniel was a good man, and the Wraith didn't want him or his little dragon friend to get into trouble. That, and the duo worked at a
human hospital. And, seeing as though Atlas didn't know about Shion's human form, just the fact that the Raijuu took on the appearance of a wolf just automatically ruled out the hospital anyways.

That left the Underground. Which, honestly, was the most obvious choice to begin with. It was just about the only place that they were truly safe. "It would be best if we went back." Atlas motioned for him to follow, and began to head in the direction of the nearest Entrance. "We need to tell everyone about those creeps anyways..."
And get you some help.

@Hoki

Beowulf said:
Buras hoisted the now restrained prince under his arm, and walked off to the prince's room. "Your father cannot stop everyone from talking. Servants will talk, and those that they tell will tell others. It's not only your image you have to worry about, but also your father's. He is the rock that this Sanctuary has rested upon for centuries. If the people think there is even one crack in it, panic will begin to spread. I don't think you fully understand what you are doing, and the impact it could have on the Underground."
@Axel1313

Connor scrambled to his feet using his good hand, the broken wrist still held close to his chest. Making his way back to his handler, he first stops by his guns and duffel bags, to shove the former into the latter while standing in the line of fire. But bullets flying overhead didn't phase him, he simply wanted to have all his guns back in their bags and accounted for before retreating. The Cleaners had a habit of "losing" his guns. Once that was all said and done, he scurried over towards friendly lines and hopefully ammunition.
Austere flopped hopelessly at Buras's side. He couldn't move a single inch anymore so no use in wasting energy. "Nobody ever sees me anymore so what image would there be to ruin? All anybody knows is I stay shut inside, doubt they would even recognize me even if I announced who I was!" He snapped at the giant. "And from what I've heard the people are already starting to panic. Something about humans in the kingdom and rebels. Hard to miss even for a shut in like me."

@Beowulf

"God Dammit Connor hurry up!" Anton growled at him as the man decided to pick up his guns in the middle of fleeing. "We can get you brand new guns just leave those for the clean up crew! We've gotta get back and report all of this to the chief ASAP! Or lose our heads trying to get away from this place."

@Beowulf

'Agreed' was his responding thought, nodding again as he watched the raven head take the lead. See, now, the Raijuu had every intention of following the Wraith, getting up and turning to follow after him, but after a few steps forward he lost all real feeling in his body. The beast hit the ground with a heavy thud, a small growl of discomfort leaking past his teeth. In moments, however, his body glowed white with hot energy, a sky blue outline encasing him until his features were no longer noticeable. Crackling away, the electricity dispersed into the ground and spread out along an invisible power grid, a steaming, pale body in the wolf's place.

Thing is, even though he was in a considerable amount of pain, Shion was still awake, eyes squeezed shut as he fought to regain complete and total control of his demon. His shirt had been torn in jagged, lightning-like patterns in varying locations, one hand curling instantly around a side of his ribcage as he continued to lay flat on his chest. It hurt to breathe, it hurt to even exist, and he didn't want to be awake anymore; all of the events and realizations bombarded his head like a battlefield, tears welling up at his eyes from not only the pain he felt, but also with the complete and total realization that Vytas - a small kid with so much to look forward to in his future - was dead.

@Aridis

Even without the sound of the redhead falling, Atlas definitely noticed the light.

He was fine out in the sunlight. He didn't burn in it like vampires, it didn't kill him or leave any marks on him. It just left this noticeable feeling on his skin. It was almost like a burning sensation, although it didn't hurt nearly as bad as the actual thing. So, when the bright flash went off behind him, he was able to feel it; as well as see it a bit. Spinning around on his heel, the teenager glanced back at the wolf. Only...He wasn't a wolf anymore.

In front of him lay a boy who was around his age, maybe a little younger. He looked completely human, and could have easily walked around without anyone suspecting him of being something more. Except, in this situation, his attire would've thrown anyone off. He looked like he had just escaped a knife fight with Zeus or something. It was a bit frightening to witness. Immediately, Atlas rushed to the Raijuu's side, and fell into a crouch. He gently rested his hands on the redhead's shoulders, and carefully tried to pull him into a sitting position. So far, there weren't any major injuries in his view, and hopefully it would stay that way. Hopefully this was just a magical side effect for the Fae.

"Hey, you okay? Can you speak? Are you well enough to stand?"

@Hoki

This...unfamiliar voice was all he heard through his own shrouding darkness. It took a lot of energy to even get remotely close to opening his eyes, and he was still far from completing the action itself. Brow furrowing intensely enough to knit a sweater, he gave a small whimper before forcing clouded, sky blue eyes to open. Boy howdy did he try to focus on the face of the Wraith, forcing the blurred double vision into one spot. His first thought was that Atlas was a complete and total stranger, and would've been all for shocking the other off of him had he, you know, not been feeling like a minute from death.

Shion raised an arm, trying to wipe at his watery eyes with those tattered sleeves of his. He gave a few sniffs, trying to not seem even more pitiful than he already was as he tried to remember whatever it was the other had asked him. "I'm--" A few things shut him up there;

One, his throat felt like it was tearing.

Two, his voice was so damn hoarse that his attempt to speak almost wasn't even coherent.

Three, he was speaking in Japanese.

It had been so long since he was last in that beastly form of his that he forgot the effect it had on him once returning from it. At least now he had the chance to translate himself in his head, and also do everything in his power to not hurt his searing throat. The redhead coughed into his sleeve, a taste of iron left to stain his tongue and make him grimace.

This little pause of his was actually more helpful than he imagined it would be, now able to see a bit more clearly and block out the pain of old scars as well as every other thought in his mind. So he tried to focus on the helpful Wraith, finally recognizing him as the one he had tried - and succeeded - to get to escape alongside him. His new battle partner, apparently.

"I'm.." Thank god, the English was alive again. "..okay.." His voice was unbearably rough but it was okay at this point; at least he could speak.

@Aridis

"Yeah...That's bullshit."

He tried to keep himself calm. The redhead could speak, so that was a bit of a good sign. Looking around, Atlas checked to make sure that there weren't any wandering humans. Luckily, the coast seemed to be clear. Holding the boy steady with one hand, the Wraith shed his jacket; switching hands when needed in order to make sure that his new buddy didn't fall over. They already looked weird enough, there was no need to draw eyes because of the other's torn clothes. He draped his own ruined hoodie over the male's shoulders, and adjusted it as needed so that it wouldn't fall off too easily. Glancing back at the Raijuu's face, he offered a reassuring smile. "Just relax, okay? I'll take it from here. You just worry about looking pretty."

It probably would've been best if he had asked permission first, but they weren't exactly in a good position for that. While they had gotten away from the Order, they could very well be followed. Someone could see them, someone could try to attack them. Until they got back to the Underground, they weren't 100% safe. Atlas was carefully about his movements. He hoisted the redhead onto his back, making sure not to jolt him around too much. Then, he continued the journey towards the nearest Entrance, looking back at his new friend every so often.

"I'm Atlas, by the way."

@Hoki

Users who are viewing this thread

Back