• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The Tulpa Phenomena

Dreamwalker

Aspiring Storyteller
So this is an idea I have had for a while now but have failed to make it a reality, even though a thread such as this one was made on another RP site some months prior to this... Anyway, this would mean that I don't have to type in the whole information once again YAY~

Well, basically, the story would revolve around humans and their tulpas. Now, an explanation is in order since maybe some (if not all) of you do not know what a tulpa is. A short and simplistic definition would be:

-"A tulpa is believed to be an autonomous consciousness, existing within their creator’s mind, often with a form of their creator's initial choice and design.

A tulpa is entirely sentient and in control of their opinions, feelings, form and movement.

They are willingly created by people via a number of techniques to act as companions, muses, and advisers."-

Frankly, it is related in some ways to the imaginary friend. However, one major difference would be that tulpas do not always comply to what their creator asks them to do. Tulpas are an independent thoughtform that can prove potentially dangerous if allowed to do as it pleases. Not only that, but its personality can change as well as its relationship with its human. Tulpas are intelligent and easily form opinions.

The appearance of this entity is usually defined by the way the human imagines it. The same goes for personality. Yet, sometimes creating a tulpa can happen accidentally. Nevermind that. After the being has been created, its 'owner' can communicate with it. This can happen either verbally or mentally. Furthermore, despite the tulpa being a manifestation residing in ones mind (or more specifically, in a certain fantasy place referred to as 'wonderland') sometimes it can be projected into the real world.

A lot more things can be said about this particular phenomena of the mind. Yet, it would be better if I simply explained the outline of the plot. As I stated before, the story revolves around the relationships between the tulpas and their creators. A human can have more than one tulpa; it could be consciously or accidentally created; it may have existed prior to the beginning of the story or the human may have had other throughforms in the past; etc. The human and tulpa aren't really... allowed to belong to the same player since that wouldn't really be any fun now, would it? I also have to state that the appearance of the entity would be either that of a person or not (though the later is not really a good idea for a list of reasons, which include the fact that supernatural beings of any sort can be hard to control and maddening).

The players will be living in the same town, though some of them may not have been born or raised there. Additionally, the humans shall meet with each other throughout the roleplay (if they weren't acquaintances form the beginning) and interact. The same goes for the tulpas (though that couldn't really happen in real life. I am just additing this little quirck to make things more interesting, though the thing is that tulpas would only be able to communicate but not get into physical contact. There need to be some limits...)

... Frankly, this is the basic information about the whole roleplay idea. I simply want to check if anyone would be interested in such a story before I post the introduction and the character sheet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back